• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Any level 30+ on ps4 who has never done Crota's End want to fill up our last fireteam spot to do it fresh/spoiler and hint free?

PSN: Leonidas2123 or message/PM me here. We are waiting for 1 to get home and we will be good to go!

Please be aware that this is a first time run and are only looking for players who are going in without having done it yet or read up on how to beat the encounters.

Any level 30+ on ps4 who has never done Crota's End want to fill up our last fireteam spot to do it fresh/spoiler and hint free?

PSN: Leonidas2123 or message/PM me here. We are waiting for 1 to get home and we will be good to go!

Please be aware that this is a first time run and are only looking for players who are going in without having done it yet or read up on how to beat the encounters.

You don't need 2 huh? The wife and I were wanting to go in blind tonight.

Nikolai11

Neo Member

If you still need one more, I'm down. Psn Sh0g0nai27

gonna revise the whole iron banner sensei post from earlier. Posting on Reddit as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2pj80k/sga_how_to_win_in_iron_banner_this_week/

Winning matters in Iron Banner, and the general level of competition is going to be higher as full teams test their might against other teams. Playing control competitively - especially against good teams - is considerably different than it normally is. As I've played with my teams and observed others, I've devised these strategies. Your results may vary, but I hope to equip you with some general pointers so that you don't end up with more medallions than your vault can hold.

There are 3 zones in Control: The Neutral Zone, the Spawn Flip Zone, and the Bad Zone. The Neutral Zone is always B, but the spawn flip zone is either A or C. The point of control is to hold the Neutral and Spawn Flip Zone and ignore the Bad Zone. These zones act as score multipliers, so it is crucial that you hold two. Which two you hold is the big question though. You want the Favorable Zones because they influence the map's spawning system.

The Spawn Flip and Neutral Zones are Favorable Zones because they give you safe spawns, easy access to heavy ammo, and the best lines of sight on the map. The Spawn Flip Zone gives you good lines of sight to defend and attack the Neutral Zone and it also is responsible for the greater spawn system on the map. The Bad Zone is unfavorable because it makes it difficult to approach the neutral zone and often gives you exposed spawns.

The following are strategies I've found work best on maps currently in Control. Again, your strategies may vary.

Firebase Delphi: A is the spawn flip zone and C is the bad zone.

If you spawn A, cap A and position people in A hallway (towards the middle of the map) so that you are always able to defend A. The rest of your team will defend B from A spawn and B window. If you spawn C, ignore C at all costs. Your team needs to rush A immediately and capture it. Going for B is usually a waste of time unless you have a strong CQB focus on your team, but you can keep their attention focused on you without actually engaging them so they are less focused on A. Breaking A and B setup requires constant pressure on A. A sniper to watch B loop always helps.

Blind Watch: C is the spawn flip zone. A is the bad zone.

If you spawn A, immediately run to C. For the duration of this game, you need to stay by C and B. You never want to engage B until you are in position to take C. A good way to break B and C is to have snipers watching the doors at B hallway and top B. Your best sniper should be bottom B because he's going to be responsible for keeping B clear.

Shores of Time: C is the spawn flip zone and A is the bad zone.

It's a bit more difficult to approach C here in case there are snipers around. B Tunnel and C Ring are the most important lanes on the map, and you'll need someone to watch both areas if you're going to push B or C, respectively. It's a good idea to have a sniper near B heavy and another one around B tunnel. C rock (the one most people snipe behind) is also good. Put pressure on B tunnel and C ring and always keep at eye on C cave.

Rusted Lands: C is the bad zone and A is the spawn flip zone.

If you have A and B, you don't ever want to cross the wall to the other side of the map. Hold A because A heavy is easy to get and you have high ground. You need players watching C window, C wall (above B tunnel), B tunnel (has a special ammo crate in it) and B street (the one with the windows and explosive crates). A player needs to be A window as well (giant window in front of A zone), but don't stick out too much or you'll be sniped from C window. If you lose A and B, you need a sniper at C window if you're going to break the set up.

Here is a video of the Rusted Lands set up against a solid team. This was done in Clash, but the map is played very similarly in Control https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoPeok8kSOM

Exodus Blue: A is the spawn flip zone and C is the bad zone.

C's spawns are exposed and don't have much cover. C also has a hard time approaching B from the front, whereas A spawn can run right into it with a super or shotgun. So you want A and B. Breaking A and B setup requires an A push from C and a lot of explosions on B. You don't want to approach A from A side unless you have a Super or Heavy weapon up.

Twilight Gap: A is the spawn flip zone and C is the bad zone.

C's heavy ammo is exposed and you're further away from B at all times. A stairway favors C spawn, but overall A and B are more advantageous. I'm personally not very good at this map (yes I know it's ironic) so any strategy that works is welcome.

General SGA:

-It bears repeating that if you go into a zone you don't need, they will spawn behind you. The only reason you'd ever want to capture 3 zones is to break a tie.

-Save your super for clearing out control points, killing a flanking player, or stopping a heavy ammo rush. Avoid using them for generic kills unless the score is very close.

-Save your heavy drops. Heavy ammo will still drop for you if you're within 20 meters when a teammate picks it up. I usually go near it and wait till later to pick it up as necessary. This is because everyone will be firing their heavies at this point and some may charge the heavy with their supers. I'll pick my heavy up after a death and use it to break a set up when they least expect it. In the rusted lands video above, my position is very important, so I can't leave it and grab heavy ammo. Instead, I position myself above it so that it drops for me later.

-If the score is close and you're spawning near the bad zone while your team is on the other side, neutralize it so they don't get the points. Don't do this if your team is dead because the enemy will spawn at their zone and your push will be lost.

-Be a pest. Battles don't always need to end in kills. As long as an enemy knows you're in a location, they'll be focused on you. This lets your team flank. This is important on Shores of Time.

-When you hold the two favorable zones, there's no need to be aggressive. You have map control, so unless the score is close or against you, the enemy will need to break your setup to take back the map. Playing passively is hard to learn, but it's essential to maintaining a lead.

Going to run a CE raid around 930-10 pacific tonight on PS4 and we need 3. We've completed half of the raid last week, would kind of prefer some guys who've finished it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Have 42 shards, seriously thinking of deleting a character. I keep thinking of Destiny at work too :(

Edit: nice post zoba, you rock.

Namikaze1

You need 84 Radiant Shards for level 32 if wearing full raid gear.
7 RadShards x 3 Upgrade nodes x 4 Raid gears = 84

You need 63 if just doing 3 raid gears and 1 Exotic
84 - (7 x 3) = 63

There, Todd, that's how many you need.

Greenymac

If you have the raid emblem and/or the shader equipped when you beat Crota, do you still get additional ones each time?

I equipped them for second run...I got the gloves and chest to go with the bug stompers i got first go round...had emblem equipped and cytherean bloom shader

Top Bottom