• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

CLBridges

Up early and guess I'll Destiny for most of the day, trying to change my internal clock so I can start going to sleep when it's actually dark outside lol.

This week in Destiny has been great, got all my Warlock raid gear minus helmet. Beat Crota yesterday and got the rocker launcher and Universal Remote (I've heard...things about this one). Completed the Bad Juju bounty and will start leveling that. Bout to hop on and do some bounties and maybe farm for that husk weapon everyone has been talking about.

Atkison04

I hate getting to work and reading about everyone getting that husk of the pit... what the hell? Now I'm gonna be dwelling about it all day until I go get it tonight! Congrats to you that have got it. I've been excited about finding the husk for a minute.

panda-zebra

Yea, it's hard raid for the Crux, checked the material details on the weapon:

10476356_101248422210vrrnp.jpg

phen0m24

Just remember that I got No Land Beyond from the CE chest last night.

Too bad it seems to be the worst exotic gun in the game.

Yeah dude I was stoked to see yellow letters at the chest but then yuck. It's an exotic shard for free at least - assuming that you'll never use that gun. :)

Sane_Man

I'm confused why people are spending hours to get the husk weapon. If you can't level it up til hard raid why not just wait for it to drop during normal play which it's going to do eventually and way before January. Am I missing something?

Deku Tree

I'm confused why people are spending hours to get the husk weapon. If you can't level it up til hard raid why not just wait for it to drop during normal play which it's going to do eventually and way before January. Am I missing something?

You can make it a legendary once you hit Eris rank 3. People are worried that Bungie will nerf the drop rate too.

Nodnol

The quicker we level it, the more use we can get out of it before it's rendered obsolete by the next expansion.

SkylineRKR

Yeah dude I was stoked to see yellow letters at the chest but then yuck. It's an exotic shard for free at least - assuming that you'll never use that gun. :)

I think its pretty cool.

Its ofcourse useless, but not everything has to be useful. NLB is that joke weapon thats good fun to mess around with. And getting a PvP kill with it feels good.

MADGAME

Formed a team of Gaffers last night for 3 Crota runs. Cool people and so efficient.

My haul:

Hunger of Crota
Duplicate Black Hammer
Duplicate Light of the Abyss
2 pairs boots, 2 gloves - some pretty good stat rolls on them too.
Radiants

I have gear to get to level 32, once leveled I will be two Radiant shards short of reaching it. Next Tuesday for sure, as there is no way Bungie will let us get Eris to Rank 4 by then to exchange energy for shards.

Nightfalls have not been kind to me. Coins last week, and this week I received 3 purples not worth considering. Was hoping to be a part of Gjallahorn Gaf day yesterday but instead I'm the guy in the gif standing outside the window in the rain.

I love my Fatebringer and its so sad to see it go as Hard Raid is launched. What other primary weapons have the Firefly Perk?
The Crucible Quartermaster is selling a Scout Rifle with the perk. IMO it's a nice one. I don't play much Crucible and only have 48 marks but like it so much I may suck it up and play 50 matches over the weekend.

noomi

Similar to yesterday I'd say. That work for you?

Yes, perfect :) 3:30PM EST.

If anyone else is interested, we are just going to be quickly knocking out a Crota CP today @ 3:30PM EST. Quote this post with PSN, level & class please. I will send out party chat invite about 10 min before we start.

Where: Crota Checkpoint
When: 3:30PM EST

1. noomi85 - hunter - 31
2. a_javierp - warlock - 30
3. silvertongueBR - warlock - 31

Alt. Messiek - warlock - 31

Yes, perfect :) 3:30PM EST.

If anyone else is interested, we are just going to be quickly knocking out a Crota CP today @ 3:30PM EST. Quote this post with PSN, level & class please.

Where: Crota Checkpoint
When: 3:30PM EST

1. noomi85 - hunter - 31
2. a_javierp - warlock - 30

Alt. Messiek - warlock - 31

I'm in I just need to get my timing right because of daylight savings.

3:30PM EST tighr now is what in GMT? I know I am -3 GMT.

Edit: I can go as a 31 Warlock, 30 Hunter or 30 Titan. Depends on what the group needs. PSN is silvertongueBR

Deku Tree

Formed a team of Gaffers last night for 3 Crota runs. Cool people and so efficient.

My haul:

Hunger of Crota
Duplicate Black Hammer
Radiants

I have gear to get to level 32, once leveled I will be two Radiant shards short of reaching it. Next Tuesday for sure, as there is no way Bungie will let us get Eris to Rank 4 by then to exchange energy for shards.

Nightfalls have not been kind to me. Coins last week, and this week I received 3 purples not worth considering. Was hoping to be a part of Gjallahorn Gaf day yesterday but instead I'm the guy in the gif standing outside the window in the rain.

The Crucible Quartermaster is selling a Scout Rifle with the perk. IMO it's a nice one. I don't play much Crucible and only have 48 marks but like it so much I may suck it up and play 50 matches over the weekend.

Congrats! I still need to defeat Crota 3x this week.

bTW, if you stay up past the reset, and you stay logged on, then you can do the Eris bounties for the next day. Then you can log off and log back in and do them again. So you level up Eris rank in double time. The reset time is too late for me however. I will never do this. But some people are doing it.

noomi

I'm in I just need to get my timing right because of daylight savings.

3:30PM EST tighr now is what in GMT? I know I am -3 GMT.

Edit: I can go as a 31 Warlock, 30 Hunter or 30 Titan. Depends on what the group needs. PSN is silvertongueBR

3:30PM EST is 8:30PM GMT . Would like the 31 warlock please ;) I'll add you

X-Frame

My haul:

Hunger of Crota
Duplicate Black Hammer
Radiants

That's awesome. I've been getting Radiant a Energy to Shards at a 3:1 ratio. I won't be spending any of my Energy until I am Level 32, and that is only if I find the stats on the raid armor good, I won't be fully leveled a pair that has all Strength for example. So once I can exchange for Shards I will do that definitely.

Level 32 is way more important. Then I'll orobsblt focus on the sniper and rocket launcher once I get them first. I have the fusion rifle but not sure if it's really something I'll use much in the raid.

panda-zebra

With the 'fun' of obtaining and levelling the husk I'd completely forgot about being able to begin working on the Murmur damage upgrades.

That's awesome. I've been getting Radiant a Energy to Shards at a 3:1 ratio. I won't be spending any of my Energy until I am Level 32, and that is only if I find the stats on the raid armor good, I won't be fully leveled a pair that has all Strength for example. So once I can exchange for Shards I will do that definitely.

Level 32 is way more important. Then I'll orobsblt focus on the sniper and rocket launcher once I get them first. I have the fusion rifle but not sure if it's really something I'll use much in the raid.

So...many...energies...

MADGAME

Congrats! I still need to defeat Crota 3x this week.

bTW, if you stay up past the reset, and you stay logged on, then you can do the Eris bounties for the next day. Then you can log off and log back in and do them again. So you level up Eris rank in double time. The reset time is too late for me however. I will never do this. But some people are doing it.
In my timezone, that puts me into poopsock territory. I needs mah sleep, Eris can wait!

My ratio has been about 3:1 also, but shards to energy. I lucked out there for sure. Just need the helmet but I won't hold my breath. A Warlock in our group got the helmet from Crota and it looked badass.

forrest

formerly nacire
After farming for the husk of the pit last night on patrol, I decided to try the Fist of Crota mission and it dropped first kill.

Finally beat Crota! I was able to put a really good group together from destinyLFG. We nearly killed him on the first try and almost every time after. Glitches messed up a couple of attempts like the sword disappearing with Crota at extremely low health...
but we pulled through and got him on our last run, with our very last heavy ammo synths.

I like my new lord of the flies cloak. Sorry for b-net crap textures, looks better in game. Now I just need to find the ideal shader to go with it to make my Hunter a bug woman.

qk7fmuKl.png

void666

Banned
My team gave up trying to kill crota last night. So frustrating.
At least now i have all raid gear minus helmet. Just a matter of farming shards to reach 32.
I'll try to upgrade my black hammer. It's probably the best weapon for tower knights duty.

Top Bottom