• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

E92 M3

Yesterday was a decent CE run for me acquired:

- Boots
- Universal Remote (blah)
- Gauntlets
- Fusion Rifle
- Materials

My raid gear is all focused on discipline unfortunately so might have to use another helmet. Want to work on my alt this weekend so I can run CE again before reset. Doubt I'll get the chest anytime soon, but shards are limiting me anyway.

Still WANT:

- Black Hammer
- Hunger of Crota

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
well, pocket infinity is back <3
B5CJnCXCMAAjOZY.jpg

Atkison04

No offense intended to anyone with kids that play the game also! I'm talking to my kids with my mic on half the time i play before their bedtime.

phen0m24

haha did you really? im at work right now, drinking a loooooot of coffee. barely woke up in time to leave.

Not online, just doing Christmas-related errands and such.

Could NOT sleep. After our Crotas (LOL Scarlet we beat it on the first try but then whiffed on the second attempt - poor Forrest) I watched an episode of Blacklist and THEN still couldn't fall asleep.

My boss is off today, so I called out too. Oh well. zzzzzz

Want to raid later and level my Warlock - yes Scarlet is right

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Could NOT sleep. After our Crotas (LOL Scarlet we beat it on the first try but then whiffed on the second attempt - poor Forrest) I watched an episode of Blacklist and THEN still couldn't fall asleep.
Yeah, there was no sleeping for me after we downed him... dat adrenaline

Tonight, I take up the sword...

phen0m24

That reminds me: Hudson, I think your kid jumped into our PSN party right at the end of our weekly run only to immediately hear Palom curse (literally) Phogoth's demise. Sorry D:

I am thinking of buying Josh his own PSN to remedy that. Although then he'll have to level a guy again. He won't want to do that.

conundrum

E92 M3

No offense intended to anyone with kids that play the game also! I'm talking to my kids with my mic on half the time i play before their bedtime.

Speaking of kids, yesterday I taught my 2 year old how to play Sonic 2 on my cell phone. Brought a tear to my eye. He almost beat the first boss (with my help).

X-Frame

Also, everyone is passing around Crota checkpoints right, skipping Ir Yut because that phase is hard AND gives no loot?

I have one on one of my Titans, so I can pass the checkpoint to my alt, kill Crota again, and then start the raid from the beginning just the first two easy phases and stop after (hopefully) grabbing the radiant material hallway chest? Someone made that suggestion here yesterday and after fighting Ir Yut for the first time last night, I see why everyone is skipping it.

ocean

Banned
That reminds me: Hudson, I think your kid jumped into our PSN party right at the end of our weekly run only to immediately hear Palom curse (literally) Phogoth's demise. Sorry D:
Speaking of kids and parties, will you keep doing noob VoG runs? My little bro (he's 13) is done with midterms and will begin Destiny tomorrow. I expect him to be Raid-ready fairly soon (kid grinds like nobody on the games he plays) and I'd love to have him join one of your runs.

I'd sit next to him (I'll be home for holidays!) and explain the basics of what's happening. He understands English and can sort of speak it alright though he might get kinda shy :p

Kid runs are an experience haha. He asked me to run two of his buddies through Nightfall. They were tactically better than I thought - smart use of abilities and supers and weapon load outs. They just kept dying because of a strange impulse to be Rambo-type heroes.

LTWood12

What do people think about Monte Carlo? Any reason to use it over Suros? I've gotten both in the last week, and want to level one of them once I finish Gjallarhorn.

Just solo'd the first CE chest 3x. All I got was shards, energy and hunter cloak. The cloak makes it slightly better than last week where it was just shards and energy.

Oh well, two more nightfalls to hope for icebreaker or ghorn

matmanx1

2 weeks in a row now Nightfall has given me an exotic I did not have. Last week it was Patience and Time and this week it was An Insurmountable Skullfort.

The Skullfort looks great but I don't think the perks on it are terribly useful. I'm not complaining but with Saint-14 and Ruin Wings on tap I don't see the Skullfort getting that much time in use.

Dante316

1 . Dante316
2.drubbed
3 ty_84
US-Frostburn 
pS4 DekuBleep

6. Minime637

we will start as soon as we have 6 people. I have the crota check point if it wasn't clear.

Also, everyone is passing around Crota checkpoints right, skipping Ir Yut because that phase is hard AND gives no loot?

I have one on one of my Titans, so I can pass the checkpoint to my alt, kill Crota again, and then start the raid from the beginning just the first two easy phases and stop after (hopefully) grabbing the radiant material hallway chest? Someone made that suggestion here yesterday and after fighting Ir Yut for the first time last night, I see why everyone is skipping it.
Yeah we did this last night. Just do one full clear up to Corta and then pass the checkpoint around. Next character, go kill Crota and then restart and do the first two sections. Third character, rinse repeat.

Ir Yut wouldn't even be bad (with or without loot) if not for all of the freaking adds at then end. Is there anyway to make them despawn after she dies? We tried starting Crota but they were still there. I guess we could start it and immediately wipe.

Homeboyd

Yesterday was a decent CE run for me acquired:

- Boots
- Universal Remote (blah)
- Gauntlets
- Fusion Rifle
- Materials

My raid gear is all focused on discipline unfortunately so might have to use another helmet. Want to work on my alt this weekend so I can run CE again before reset. Doubt I'll get the chest anytime soon, but shards are limiting me anyway.

Still WANT:

- Black Hammer
- Hunger of Crota
Yesterday was better than every single other day in Destiny combined for me. Seems like a good one all around yesterday for most.

You raiding with us tonight?

LTWood12

2 weeks in a row now Nightfall has given me an exotic I did not have. Last week it was Patience and Time and this week it was An Insurmountable Skullfort.

The Skullfort looks great but I don't think the perks on it are terribly useful. I'm not complaining but with Saint-14 and Ruin Wings on tap I don't see the Skullfort getting that much time in use.

Me too! Suros and Monte Carlo.

LiK

It's only for the looks. One of the few Titan helms that look good on a female.

What do people think about Monte Carlo? Any reason to use it over Suros? I've gotten both in the last week, and want to level one of them once I finish Gjallarhorn.

Monte Carlo regenerates your Melee meter while dealing damage.

So if you have a Sunsinger Lock or a Defender Titan, you can be running shooting, then melee to get over-shields, run shoot, get Melee meter full, Melle to get over-shields, repeat

so you can be doing a blitz constantly always getting over-shields.

The only problem with Defender Titan is that his melee has to be a killer blow while the Sunsinger does not require to deal a killer blow but jut deal damage.

It's fun with a Striker Titan, always having Storm First load punch bam

phen0m24

Speaking of kids and parties, will you keep doing noob VoG runs? My little bro (he's 13) is done with midterms and will begin Destiny tomorrow. I expect him to be Raid-ready fairly soon (kid grinds like nobody on the games he plays) and I'd love to have him join one of your runs.

I'd sit next to him (I'll be home for holidays!) and explain the basics of what's happening. He understands English and can sort of speak it alright though he might get kinda shy :p

Kid runs are an experience haha. He asked me to run two of his buddies through Nightfall. They were tactically better than I thought - smart use of abilities and supers and weapon load outs. They just kept dying because of a strange impulse to be Rambo-type heroes.

That's my kid's Achilles heel. He wants to be OP. Think: Diamond Armor in Minecraft. And then steamroll everything. I'm like "Yeah buddy the nightfall and weekly only get steamrolled when you use teamwork."

Hey Parent GAF! Maybe we could set that up sometime. My son LOVED raiding with Hawkian and wanted to immediately graduate to hard mode. LOL

What if we set up a GAFOffspring raid night over Christmas break? My son knows the VoG now
kinda

I know Hudson's kids are raring to go, mine is, Ocean's bro, Ghaleon's daughter
?

FutureGAF is looking strong.

matmanx1

Does wearing the emblem/shader/class item for gives more rep for Eris ?

Well, I thought so but I turned in a 100 exp bounty yesterday wearing emblem, shader, class item AND after having run the Nightfall and only got 125 exp. So either her stuff doesn't give bonus rep or the Nightfall bonus doesn't work for Eris. I'm not sure which.

MADGAME

So there is still only
2 chests
known in the raid?

So far, yes. I'm willing to bet there are more, and probably conditional similar to preventing Templar from teleporting. Trakan and I explored the maze after forming the bridge (the weight of darkness is lifted when the bridge forms so you can freely move and jump), and found nothing.

My money is on a condition being met at the bridge phase.

LTWood12

Monte Carlo regenerates your Melee meter while dealing damage.

So if you have a Sunsinger Lock or a Defender Titan, you can be running shooting, then melee to get over-shields, run shoot, get Melee meter full, Melle to get over-shields, repeat

so you can be doing a blitz constantly always getting over-shields

Oooh that sounds pretty damn cool. I switch between Striker and Defender depending on the situation.

X-Frame

Yeah we did this last night. Just do one full clear up to Corta and then pass the checkpoint around. Next character, go kill Crota and then restart and do the first two sections. Third character, rinse repeat.

Ir Yut wouldn't even be bad (with or without loot) if not for all of the freaking adds at then end. Is there anyway to make them despawn after she dies? We tried starting Crota but they were still there. I guess we could start it and immediately wipe.

If you intentionally wipe after the Crota checkpoint then no adds will be there when you respawn. I think most people do that intentionally now.

LTWood12

yup after weeks of nothing the nightfall granted me the 4th horseman and ice breaker. got the ice breaker on my 3rd alt I was thinking about giving up on. just when you think your out. the game pulls you back in.

I want an Icebreaker so bad. Leveling up my 2nd Titan to give me more chances at getting one. From the sound of it, sounds like I need to roll a third.

I got energy last week but got an exotic chest piece yesterday from it and almost passed out. Then, an enemy dropped a legendary engram during the heroic and I probably shat a little. I'm NEVER this lucky. I didn't even realize exotics could come at the end of Nightfalls.

The best past was that it was a piece I already had from before the change in exotics, so instead of having to upgrade it for a shard and whatever else, I got a free one and a shard when I dismantled the old one :)

Skele7on

Banned
Sweet mother of god.

All I got yesterday from two raids was gauntlets energy and shards.

Not a single weapon. They said the drops were better... They lied....

On a happier note, I have fully upgraded boots and need 14 shards for gauntlets.

My friends got the raid helmets and hunger of crota...

SIGH.

Also fully learned how to Sword on Crota, it felt amazing killing him.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

She's really not THAT hard but it really slows the raid down. Those adds should de-spawn after she is killed. It's not like anyone is going to wipe to them. It just soaks up time.

panda-zebra

So glad to get out of the Vanguard rags my Warlock was forced to wear last week, they were basically those crappy blues I disliked when originally playing up to 20.

Looking kind of hivey now and hungry for more, need to get with a decent team vs crota and not stuck with people who want to have 3 or 4 attempts before sacking it off, so I can get a few weapons and start to put all those rad energies to use.

Skele7on

Banned
She's really not THAT hard but it really slows the raid down. Those adds should de-spawn after she is killed. It's not like anyone is going to wipe to them. It just soaks up time.

agreed. Really not hard, I don't get Destiny players, they just want everything on a plate.

Oh I don't know. Helm of Inmost Light and Glasshouse don't look bad.

Those are the only two I have and they don't bother me with their looks...not that I really care what I look like. I've actually gotten compliments on the Glasshouse which has never happened before with any piece of armor.

LiK

Those are the only two I have and they don't bother me with their looks...not that I really care what I look like. I've actually gotten compliments on the Glasshouse which has never happened before with any piece of armor.

Glasshouse is still pretty rare just like with Skullfort since they haven't ever been sold. I always get compliments for Skullfort. It's a rad helm. I wish we had more helms with unique animations.

Atkison04

Speaking of kids, yesterday I taught my 2 year old how to play Sonic 2 on my cell phone. Brought a tear to my eye. He almost beat the first boss (with my help).

I have a 2 1/2 year old as well bro. She plays with her momma's kindle and she is genuinely very clever and figures out some of those games on there! It's awesome witnessing your kids figuring things out :)

She did come up to me last night while I was playing Destiny and said "my turn daddy". I was like "no". Daddy had to grab those first crota raid chests real quick.

Skele7on

Banned
I have a 2 1/2 year old as well bro. She plays with her momma's kindle and she is genuinely very clever and figures out some of those games on there! It's awesome witnessing your kids figuring things out :)

She did come up to me last night while I was playing Destiny and said "my turn daddy". I was like "no". Daddy had to grab those first crota raid chests real quick.

She also read 50 shades of grey on mummies kindle, that was an awkward conversation.

Cruxist

I'm starting think all of these Husk of the Pit drops are trolls.

I must've killed 60+ of these stupid Blades and it will not drop.

I hate RNG sometimes.

realcZk

So I've got a maxed out Glasshouse, and Weapons of Light last for 15 seconds after stepping outside the bubble. Anyone know what it usually lasts for? If its 10 seconds or so, I don't see Glasshouse being as useful as say, Saint 14 for the end-game PvE.

Homeboyd

Sweet mother of god.

All I got yesterday from two raids was gauntlets energy and shards.

Not a single weapon. They said the drops were better... They lied....

On a happier note, I have fully upgraded boots and need 14 shards for gauntlets.

My friends got the raid helmets and hunger of crota...

SIGH.

They definitely have been for me since the patch:

Last night and the night before:

- Mythoclast (my first after 2x hard mode per week for 3 months)
- 3 Vision of Confluences
- 2 Atheon Epilogues
- Plan C
- The Last Word
- Hunger of Crota Raid Rockets
- Swordbreaker Raid Shotgun
- Black Hammer Raid Sniper
- Titan CE Raid Chest
- Titan CE Raid Gloves
- CE Raid Emblem
- Cryptographic
- CE Raid Ship
- Up for Anything TDB AR
- Payback TDB AR
- Coiled Hiss TDB Pulse
- The Trolley Problem TDB Fusion
- Several other TDB legendary armor drops
- Lots of raid mats
- 3 new exotic bounties (after probably 2 months without seeing 1)

Just crazy. One Atheon HM drop yieled: Mythoclast, Plan C, Raid Helmet (#16), Vision of Confluence and Raid Ship. Still waiting on Gjallarhorn, but I'm pretty content. Still have another CE run tonight.

Top Bottom