• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Bogeypop

250 points missing for Eris rank 3. Tried to do the double-bounties trick, but a Weasel said no.

tumblr_mmurjxtFyk1sncnqmo1_500.gif

Zakalwe

Banned
Holy moly. How can people playing IB and high levels still not know how to play control zones :/

Grind doesn't always equate to learned experience.

I have a theory that many of the players in pvp are poorly coded AI constructs built to pad out a game mode that any sane person would leave behind after a few tries.

Aside from us (and we're are clearly mad), I can't see why anyone would want to put themselves through crucible.

panda-zebra

So to get the Eidolon Ally to transform into the Nechrochasm it requires a Crux of Crota exotic item for the last bubble - is this likely to be a Crota drop in the raid? To effectively make the Necrochasm a normal or hard Crota drop?

Schwabe

there was some sort of stealth update for the Destiny Companion App (iOS). Missing Grimoire-Cards are there now and loot-drop indicators for Crota's End ... so it seems it really is only 3 drops on the moon (why the hell did they put the Deathsinger in there?) and the hard mode indeed will be lvl 33 ...

IQzsOhW.png

i still hate it to have the App in german ... and yes ... i didn't kill Crota yesterday :'(

TP-DK

Finally! Got Husk of the pit. Took 80 min, where most of them was spend looking at the loading screen. I danced right before killing the Knight that dropped it, so perhaps that helps ;-)

Rixa

Aside from us (and we're are clearly mad), I can't see why anyone would want to put themselves through crucible.
I have 2 bounties (Thorn & BJuju), not sure if I want to pvp them or just discard. Before yesterday I didnt have good Hand Cannon (except Lord High Fixer).

Now that I have 2 great HC's (new TLW and old Fatebringer). Iam thinking to abandon those 2 exotic bounties. PVP is not for me.

panda-zebra

there was some sort of stealth update for the Destiny Companion App (iOS). Missing Grimoire-Cards are there now and loot-drop indicators for Crota's End ... so it seems it really is only 3 drops on the moon (why the hell did they put the Deathsinger in there?) and the hard morde indeed will be lvl 33 ...

Oh, hard will be level 33... hmmm... getting this nechrochasm might be quite a challenge then.

Steroyd

Apparently, you need an item called Crux of Crota to upgrade it to the exotic. Which is only obtainable in the hard mode raid.

Crap, hope you just have to beat him and it's not RNG based aaawww who am I kidding, at least I'll get to hold the baby version of it and dream.

GlamFM

Banned
there was some sort of stealth update for the Destiny Companion App (iOS). Missing Grimoire-Cards are there now and loot-drop indicators for Crota's End ... so it seems it really is only 3 drops on the moon (why the hell did they put the Deathsinger in there?) and the hard mode indeed will be lvl 33 ...

Can´t find the missions page in the app - where is it?

EDIT: Found it.

ocean

Banned
Yeah, it won't be easy. I will get nightmares thinking about the first part at level 33.
I think it'll require spamming blind grenades and blind bubbles to calm those Thrall down. At 31, even two of them hanging up can melee you to death real quick and with no revive...it'll be interesting.

raindoc

My friend just spent over 2 hours doing earth story to get the husk drop... he' s now got to go kill 500 hive for the XP to level it and wait for tomorrow to rank Eris to 3.

Hang on... you have to collect those kills before you get that orb from Eris?
I thought it was the other way around?

panda-zebra

Hang on... you have to collect those kills before you get that orb from Eris?
I thought it was the other way around?

you just need 500x20xp or equivalent vs hive, he did that waking hive but took less than 500 kills as he took out the yellows worth 35xp, did in under 400 kills iirc

Nuszka

Radiants , radiants everywhere ... Rngesus was not with my on this one.
Edit: ok taking it back , just got Husk of the pit, so its not so bad after all.

raindoc

Yeah, it won't be easy. I will get nightmares thinking about the first part at level 33.

I think it'll require spamming blind grenades and blind bubbles to calm those Thrall down. At 31, even two of them hanging up can melee you to death real quick and with no revive...it'll be interesting.

I've been wondering about the best weapons loadout for that part. LMGs > Rocket launchers obviously. Shotties could serve as a "panic button", but with that reload time? Probably better of packing a FR.
Primaries... I personally like the Vex for that part, but what else?
Fatebringer's head-explosion trick is nice when a group's coming at you, but is it still a usefull gun if things start getting hectic in close quarters?
Other handcannons or scout rifles you'd want to use? i can't think of any - their rate of fire seems too low IMHO and will result in getting swarmed...
Atheon's Epilogue & co have a high rof and nice big magazines to keep up a continuous damage output, but is that really important when damage is minimal and there's no staggering-effect?

noomi

Pretty frustrating experience with Crota last night, after having a smooth raid with fellow gaffer, I tried reddit and destinylfg to find a group for my alt. Man... so hard to find good players :(

Gaf, I hate raiding without you.

Just need to down Crota on my alt, if anyone is interested, I'll be on later in the day.

ocean

Banned
Pretty frustrating experience with Crota last night, after having a smooth raid with fellow gaffer, I tried reddit and destinylfg to find a group for my alt. Man... so hard to find good players :(

Gaf, I hate raiding without you.

Just need to down Crota on my alt, if anyone is interested, I'll be on later in the day.
I'd be down to try again. Our first run was ultra smooth. Fresh or Crota, my Warlock hasn't cleared any stage :)

ocean

Banned
I've been wondering about the best weapons loadout for that part. LMGs > Rocket launchers obviously. Shotties could serve as a "panic button", but with that reload time? Probably better of packing a FR.
Fatebringer's head-explosion trick is nice when a group's coming at you, but is it still a usefull gun if things start getting hectic in close quarters?
Other handcannons or scout rifles you'd want to use? i can't think of any - their rate of fire seems too low IMHO and will result in getting swarmed...
Atheon's Epilogue & co have a high rof and nice big magazines to keep up a continuous damage output, but is that really important when damage is minimal and there's no staggering-effect?
Fatebringer is the Exploder of Thralls. But 300 attack would be a bigger handicap against level 33s, so I guess either Mythoclast or a primary with Firefly. Secondary I guess a really fast charging Fusion Rifle. Heavy the baddest machine gun I have by that point.

But yeah I think it'll be a way different encounter when those enemies are all stronger than we are at 33.

TP-DK

I find The Last Word pretty good in the first phase, it has high rof and quick reload. Bad Juju is great too.

Midas

Fatebringer is the Exploder of Thralls. But 300 attack would be a bigger handicap against level 33s, so I guess either Mythoclast or a primary with Firefly. Secondary I guess a really fast charging Fusion Rifle. Heavy the baddest machine gun I have by that point.

But yeah I think it'll be a way different encounter when those enemies are all stronger than we are at 33.

Is there a list somewhere with weapons that have firefly? I think I need to max my Crota's End machine gun for hard mode.

Top Bottom