• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

noomi

If anyone else is interested, we are just going to be quickly knocking out a Crota CP today @ 3:30PM EST. Quote this post with PSN, level & class please. I will send out party chat invite about 10 min before we start. I can do sword, but do not have bladedancer on this alt, just need a level 31 bladedander that can do the sword.

Where: Crota Checkpoint
When: 3:30PM EST

1. noomi85 - hunter - 31
2. a_javierp - warlock - 30
3. silvertongueBR - warlock - 31
4. theflyingpigeon - warlock - 31
5. hzoltan969 - titan - 30

Alt 1. Messiek - warlock - 31
Alt 2. Mattiator85 - hunter - 30
Alt 3. Ganryu_gdm - warlock - 31

It seems like all of my RNG luck popped this morning runing random bounties instead of yesterday during 3 nightfalls and 2 weeklies with fuck all.

This morning I got the husk in two runs, two mega chests in a row and blue engrams raining everywhere. This streak quickly dried up when turning in the engrams and getting garbage. Happy to have the husk though.

MADGAME

Ok cool.

What would you think would trigger a chest during the bridge part?

maybe completing the darkness part without activating any lights? :)

I'm certainly not a secret chest discoverer like some people, and looking back I don't think I would figure out standing on the circle of light in the Templar's Well would prevent him from teleporting. And no way I would discover doing that would spawn a secret chest in a hidden location, so trying to guess something in the Crota raid is probably out of my league.

Maybe killing 6 gatekeepers with 6 swords (ie everyone kills a gatekeeper in one try each), maybe with a modifier of not allowing the Annihilator Totems to become active, something like that. There are those floating columns off to either side that you can get to that seem to have no purpose.

And yeah, maybe conditions in the maze could play a part also.

I hope the hard mode raid offers some pretty sweet weapons, because if not, then I really don't have any desire to do it. The boss fight in particular is a real letdown and not really fun unless you are the sword master. That should have been a mid-raid boss fight.
I've got my eye on a couple of them, love me some primaries with elemental damage.

Palocca

If anyone else is interested, we are just going to be quickly knocking out a Crota CP today @ 3:30PM EST. Quote this post with PSN, level & class please. I will send out party chat invite about 10 min before we start. I can do sword, but do not have bladedancer on this alt, would love one to come join us.

1. noomi85 - hunter - 31

Alt. Messiek - warlock - 31

31 warlock. I would love to help down Crota. PSN: theflyingpigeon

Dave_6

Damn, all you folks getting the husk and exotics and the fucking Fatebringer while I was asleep! Now I'm at work and have to read it all and can't get home and play for hours.

"Play. Whine. Repeat."

It's really weird to play with people who are constantly complaining about how much they hate this or that about the game... but then they keep playing over and over again.

I think it has a lot to do with the lack of shooters on the PS4. I know I wouldn't touch this game again if there was another shooter out there with co-op and competitive multiplayer. Til then I might as well get my money's worth with this.

OK so seriously, is there a better way to get past the door section of the Nightfall strike? I've done it many times when it was the nightfall and done it 3 times for the Thorn quest but it still is such a pain and so hard. Is there an easier way that I'm missing?

We go up the hallway when the 4 wizards come but still just get blasted and can't hardly get a shot in.

Is there some other way people use to kill those wizards at the end?

Top of the stairs, I knocked their shields off with Hezen Vengeance, and the other guys mopped up with FB's and patience and time.

Mattiator

If anyone else is interested, we are just going to be quickly knocking out a Crota CP today @ 3:30PM EST. Quote this post with PSN, level & class please. I will send out party chat invite about 10 min before we start. I can do sword, but do not have bladedancer on this alt, would love one to come join us, also could use a titan on the team as well :)

1. noomi85 - hunter - 31
4. theflyingpigeon - warlock - 31
5. Mattiator85 - hunter 30

Alt. Messiek - warlock - 31

I'm down lots of experience.

Deku Tree

We're like WWE fans.

lolz exactly

I think it has a lot to do with the lack of shooters on the PS4. I know I wouldn't touch this game again if there was another shooter out there with co-op and competitive multiplayer. Til then I might as well get my money's worth with this.

I don't know I think a lot of people are doing the same on X1 too. Also a lot of people in this topic playing on PS4 also have an X1. Maybe that's true for some people.

panda-zebra

I... I... I need to hit rank 3 to upgrade my Husk of Pit, I'm only 1 nd a half rank so far.

Dat grind. OTL

Wait until you see how much effort she wants from you to reach rank 4 from 3...
I'm on 2/4000
. Still, that Sunsetting and Song of Dusk are begging to be bought.

Can bungie hear us? I swear every time we go into a nightfall (me and my local friends), I end up being the only one getting an exotic while the other two get screwed, they also complain about the game the entire time.

I felt SO bad yesterday. I joined someone (from here, I think) who was doing the Nightfall about midway through. I was the *clear* weakest link because I've developed some terrible habits from playing strikes lower than my level (level 24s at level 28, for example) so I kept trying to be Superman and dying.

I got an exotic armor while the other two got legendary weapons :-\

I stayed with them for the Heroic on 30 and I was the only one who found a dropped legendary engram :-/

Yeah that's a good policy, I wouldn't personally have minded in the least switchin' to kid mode and I did recognize the name, but who knows who else might be in the party at the time :p It all happened so fast!

Seems like a great kid btw :)

Thanks! He's an awesome kid. He's not raid ready, but my older son is. I'd love to see you lead a kid raid sometime. Could even stream it for the lulz. I want to buy a second ps4 so I can play with them, but my wife would probably leave me.

Tawpgun

The Eris rank grind is real. She either needs more bounties, easier leveling, or exp buffs like in iron banner.

Or, her class items (the one she gives you) should tunnel rep into Crotas bane like faction class items do. Perhaps only when doing hive stuff idk.

At this rate rank 4 is like a month + away from
Me even with consistent playtime

That's my kid's Achilles heel. He wants to be OP. Think: Diamond Armor in Minecraft. And then steamroll everything. I'm like "Yeah buddy the nightfall and weekly only get steamrolled when you use teamwork."

Hey Parent GAF! Maybe we could set that up sometime. My son LOVED raiding with Hawkian and wanted to immediately graduate to hard mode. LOL

What if we set up a GAFOffspring raid night over Christmas break? My son knows the VoG now
kinda

I know Hudson's kids are raring to go, mine is, Ocean's bro, Ghaleon's daughter
?

FutureGAF is looking strong.

Would love to be in the loop on this.

My sons (16 & 14) haven't done raid, nightfall, etc. since we upgraded from PS3 to PS4 as none on our friend lists upgraded...

Anyone have any recommendations for weapons the vanguard quartermaster sells? I'm sitting on a bunch of commendations and marks, and need to add a weapon or 2. I'm set on solar heavies, fusion rifles, and shotguns. There's a scout rifle at the crucible quartermaster I have my eye on, but I don't think I want to grind my rep and marks for it just yet.

Deku Tree

The Eris rank grind is real. She either needs more bounties, easier leveling, or exp buffs like in iron banner.

Or, her class items (the one she gives you) should tunnel rep into Crotas bane like faction class items do. Perhaps only when doing hive stuff idk.

The trading is only designed for unlucky players. Bungie is trying to manage how quickly you get to rank her up and buy different things.

The thing I don't like is that the reset glitch happens too early in the morning in my timezone for me to get in on the double bounty rep action every day.

E92 M3

No kidding. Seems like a lot of folks on here never sleep, lol.

Yeah, it certainly feels like it sometimes lol.

She doesn't really have anything that's urgent and Bungie wanted it to be slower I'm sure. Some of her bounties are annoying though, but hey more exp.

--

I am wondering how stupid we will all feel if House of Wolves comes out and Bungie invalidates all CE hard/normal mode stuff. Will they pull the same stunt again? For some reason I am feeling things will be different. Maybe I am just naive or addicted. Maybe whynotboth.gif.

Tawpgun

Yeah, it certainly feels like it sometimes lol.

She doesn't really have anything that's urgent and Bungie wanted it to be slower I'm sure. Some of her bounties are annoying though, but hey more exp.

--

I am wondering how stupid we will all feel if House of Wolves comes out and Bungie invalidates all CE hard/normal mode stuff. Will they pull the same stunt again? For some reason I am feeling things will be different. Maybe I am just naive or addicted. Maybe whynotboth.gif.

It's not super urgent but I could really use that runes core for murmur

I'm getting to into this game lately that's it's scary. I can't wait to get home and play the same strikes I've been playing for what feels like ages because you NEVER KNOW what might drop or be awarded by the end-of-strike slot machine.

I've definitely developed my dad's gambling problem because that's what a lot of this game amounts to.

And yet? I love it and want to play RIGHT NOW.

phen0m24

I'm getting to into this game lately that's it's scary. I can't wait to get home and play the same strikes I've been playing for what feels like ages because you NEVER KNOW what might drop or be awarded by the end-of-strike slot machine.

I've definitely developed my dad's gambling problem because that's what a lot of this game amounts to.

And yet? I love it and want to play RIGHT NOW.

RNGamblers Anonymous

rNilla

Finally unlocked Wolfpack Rounds on Gjallarhorn 331.

giphy.gif

Anyone have any recommendations for weapons the vanguard quartermaster sells? I'm sitting on a bunch of commendations and marks, and need to add a weapon or 2. I'm set on solar heavies, fusion rifles, and shotguns. There's a scout rifle at the crucible quartermaster I have my eye on, but I don't think I want to grind my rep and marks for it just yet.

I would like to know this too, I had commendations all ready to go for armour, but then got 3/4 pieces needed for 32 in a week, so I have a ton of marks and commendations I would like to spend on weapons and mats.

mcfrank

Downed Crota last night. I must say, I am really underwhelmed with the new raid. The Crota fight is the only thing that is fun about it. The rest seems to be just running and jumping over enemies. VoG had a few challenging and fun encounters, CE seems slapped together and I cannot imagine it will hold my interest more than a few more clears. I guess I will end up picking up Warlords of Draenor to fill my raiding needs.

I have a 2 1/2 year old as well bro. She plays with her momma's kindle and she is genuinely very clever and figures out some of those games on there! It's awesome witnessing your kids figuring things out :)

She did come up to me last night while I was playing Destiny and said "my turn daddy". I was like "no". Daddy had to grab those first crota raid chests real quick.

My 3 yr old just picked up PvZ Garden Warfare and is progressing nicely. It won't be long before I send him off to do farming runs while I am at work.

j/k, sorta

Top Bottom