• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Skele7on

Banned
1 . Dante316

we will start as soon as we have 6 people. I have the crota check point if it wasn't clear.

If you need a sword carrier I can do it at around 6pm GMT let me know.

They definitely have been for me since the patch:

Last night and the night before:

- Mythoclast (my first after 2x hard modes for 3 months per week)
- 3 Vision of Confluences
- 2 Atheon Epilogues
- Plan C
- The Last Word
- Hunger of Crota Raid Rockets
- Swordbreaker Raid Shotgun
- Black Hammer Raid Sniper
- Titan Raid Chest
- Titan Raid Gloves
- Raid Emblem
- Cryptographic
- Raid Ship
- Up for Anything TDB AR
- Payback TDB AR
- Coiled Hiss TDB Pulse
- The Trolley Problem TDB Fusion
- Several other TDB legendary armor drops
- Lots of raid mats
- 3 new exotic bounties (after probably 2 months without seeing 1)

Just crazy. One Atheon HM drop yieled: Mythoclast, Plan C, Raid Helmet (#16), Vision of Confluence and Raid Ship. Still waiting on Gjallarhorn, but I'm pretty content. Still have another CE run tonight.

Wow that is some crazzzzy luck. GG man, I still have 3 nightfalls and one CE and 3 VOG to do this week. TBH happy with shards but energy until I hit rank 4 is fairly useless, I only have Black Hammer.

That reminds me: Hudson, I think your kid jumped into our PSN party right at the end of our weekly run only to immediately hear Palom curse (literally) Phogoth's demise. Sorry D:

Ha...yeah, my wife told me about that. Not your fault, I had to have a talk with him, and let him know that he shouldn't jump into anyone's game until I approve of everyone in the party and have talked to them to make sure they are cool with playing in kid mode at the time. You shouldn't have to be responsible for the other people playing, and even if it's just you, you may not feel like playing a restrained game.

Basically, I only want him playing if he's invited and everyone in the party knows the deal.

E92 M3

Yesterday was better than every single other day in Destiny combined for me. Seems like a good one all around yesterday for most.

You raiding with us tonight?

Yes, yesterday the skies opened up for you and the lord of RNG blessed you.

Sweet mother of god.

All I got yesterday from two raids was gauntlets energy and shards.

Not a single weapon. They said the drops were better... They lied....

On a happier note, I have fully upgraded boots and need 14 shards for gauntlets.

My friends got the raid helmets and hunger of crota...

SIGH.

Also fully learned how to Sword on Crota, it felt amazing killing him.

Killing Crota with the sword is extremely satisfying. I'm excited to test out the boots.

X-Frame

So I've got a maxed out Glasshouse, and Weapons of Light last for 15 seconds after stepping outside the bubble. Anyone know what it usually lasts for? If its 10 seconds or so, I don't see Glasshouse being as useful as say, Saint 14 for the end-game PvE.

Yikes, that doesn't seem very good either. If it's just an extra 5 seconds which I think is right, then I don't think it'll be better than Saint-14 either.

Usually when using WoL or BoL players are constantly dipping in and out of the bubble to refresh the buff anyway. And Saint-14 has Inverse Shadow which is one of the best PvE perks in my opinion too, plus the invaluable blinding.

1 . Dante316

we will start as soon as we have 6 people. I have the crota check point if it wasn't clear.

I'm down. Can do whenever. I managed to get to Crota doing the less then exciting solo cheese methods and wouldn't mind finishing it off for the week. PSN: MiniMe637 31 Warlock sunslinger

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ha...yeah, my wife told me about that. Not your fault, I had to have a talk with him, and let him know that he shouldn't jump into anyone's game until I approve of everyone in the party and have talked to them to make sure they are cool with playing in kid mode at the time. You shouldn't have to be responsible for the other people playing, and even if it's just you, you may not feel like playing a restrained game.

Basically, I only want him playing if he's invited and everyone in the party knows the deal.
Yeah that's a good policy, I wouldn't personally have minded in the least switchin' to kid mode and I did recognize the name, but who knows who else might be in the party at the time :p It all happened so fast!

Seems like a great kid btw :)

E92 M3

I have a 2 1/2 year old as well bro. She plays with her momma's kindle and she is genuinely very clever and figures out some of those games on there! It's awesome witnessing your kids figuring things out :)

She did come up to me last night while I was playing Destiny and said "my turn daddy". I was like "no". Daddy had to grab those first crota raid chests real quick.

"Go to sleep child; daddy killing Crota."

Have them maxed out dude, they're amazing.

Hyped - can't wait to see the difference.

Atkison04

She also read 50 shades of grey on mummies kindle, that was an awkward conversation.

Ha! I could only imagine. My wife's mom read that book and one time we went to her house and had some margaritas for some occasion. Anyways, her mom got tipsy and was going into details from the book. It was legitimately awesome watching my wife squirm in embarrassment :)

Back on topic: For the daily heroic or the siege of the warmind bounty in general, are people having luck at all jumping up top? I watched a video and it looks like the views you get to kill anything is extremely limited. This mission gives me the hardest time for solo.

realcZk

Yikes, that doesn't seem very good either. If it's just an extra 5 seconds which I think is right, then I don't think it'll be better than Saint-14 either.

Usually when using WoL or BoL players are constantly dipping in and out of the bubble to refresh the buff anyway. And Saint-14 has Inverse Shadow which is one of the best PvE perks in my opinion too, plus the invaluable blinding.

yeah. i can't remember if regular WoL lasts for 8 or 10 seconds. glasshouse might be nice for say, the atheon fight as its 5 extra seconds of damage since most people don't keep dipping in and out of that bubble as its kinda glitchy, but for most content elsewhere, people usually stay close to the bubble for the re-dip.

Homeboyd

Trying to figure out which exotic would be best for Titans now. Ruin wings seem good but they're all strength I believe. Saint-14 is amazing but not great for Crota. Armamentarium seems to be great all around and that's the one I have maxed at 36 light. Don't care for exotic boots. Not sure what to do... Might just stick with arma.

Skele7on

Banned
Trying to figure out which exotic would be best for Titans now. Ruin wings seem good but they're all strength I believe. Saint-14 is amazing but not great for Crota. Armamentarium seems to be great all around and that's the one I have maxed at 36 light. Don't care for exotic boots. Not sure what to do... Might just stick with arma.

Armamentarium double blind on sword bearer and ogres man, dat double blind.

Ha! I could only imagine. My wife's mom read that book and one time we went to her house and had some margaritas for some occasion. Anyways, her mom got tipsy and was going into details from the book. It was legitimately awesome watching my wife squirm in embarrassment :)

Back on topic: For the daily heroic or the siege of the warmind bounty in general, are people having luck at all jumping up top? I watched a video and it looks like the views you get to kill anything is extremely limited. This mission gives me the hardest time for solo.

hahaha amazing!

phen0m24

Ruin Wings +Ghorn +
I need the Hammer
= winning

Hoodbury

OK so seriously, is there a better way to get past the door section of the Nightfall strike? I've done it many times when it was the nightfall and done it 3 times for the Thorn quest but it still is such a pain and so hard. Is there an easier way that I'm missing?

We go up the hallway when the 4 wizards come but still just get blasted and can't hardly get a shot in.

Is there some other way people use to kill those wizards at the end?

Deku Tree

OK so seriously, is there a better way to get past the door section of the Nightfall strike? I've done it many times when it was the nightfall and done it 3 times for the Thorn quest but it still is such a pain and so hard. Is there an easier way that I'm missing?

We go up the hallway when the 4 wizards come but still just get blasted and can't hardly get a shot in.

No I don't think so...

So far, yes. I'm willing to bet there are more, and probably conditional similar to preventing Templar from teleporting. Trakan and I explored the maze after forming the bridge (the weight of darkness is lifted when the bridge forms so you can freely move and jump), and found nothing.

My money is on a condition being met at the bridge phase.

Ok cool.

What would you think would trigger a chest during the bridge part?

maybe completing the darkness part without activating any lights? :)

Jinjo

Ruin Wings is way better than Armamentarium. Especially if you have a Gjallarhorn or Thunderlord. Saint-14 is pretty useful in the abyss and gatekeeper/totem parts.

Deku Tree

Ok cool.

What would you think would trigger a chest during the bridge part?

maybe completing the darkness part without activating any lights? :)

If its anything like the VoG then there are criteria on the wipe screen and you'll have to maximize some good criteria or minimize some bad criteria in order to spawn an additional chest. I could be that the running part is the additional chest though... VoG only had two chests that we know about.

This is who I have for 1 pm est. I will send party invites closer to the time.

Perfect I will be on. Thanks!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Ruin Wings is way better than Armamentarium. Especially if you have a Gjallarhorn or Thunderlord. Saint-14 is pretty useful in the abyss and gatekeeper/totem parts.

Yeah, I'd use Armamentarium in PVP at this point and that's it. The heavy drops from ruin wings in PVE is just too good.

edit: And I really hate myself now for salvaging two 33 light hunter pieces now. I'm stuck grinding marks for a long time. >:|

Run back through the hallway and past the door into the first open room with enemies. I can help if you have space for another.

Coconut

Banned
PS4, Fresh normal VoG tonight around 530pm PST? Would like the flawless raider trophy so let's do this fast and easy.

1.Coconut

Maybe even follow it with a hard run of VoG as well or a.... stab.... at Croter.

Skele7on

Banned
This is who I have for 1 pm est. I will send party invites closer to the time.

I leave work at 5:30pm so maybe on just after 6pm gmt depending on traffic.

I should be all good though, will just send message from phone if I'm going to be late.

Also I have a video of me doing the whole run as sword carrier which I'm uploading later,

Will link it to anyone interested. Also will edit it and put all my class together.

Steroyd

If you have a ballarhorn, then ruin wings are the shit, DPS'd Crota's shield without using a single heavy ammo synth, so good.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I hope the hard mode raid offers some pretty sweet weapons, because if not, then I really don't have any desire to do it. The boss fight in particular is a real letdown and not really fun unless you are the sword master. That should have been a mid-raid boss fight.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Yeah, go to the room where you first encountered enemies. Take cover behind the rock and concentrate on getting 1 wizard down at a time. If you do good damage the Wizard will stay in the hallway for a long time otherwise they will go back.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yeah. i can't remember if regular WoL lasts for 8 or 10 seconds. glasshouse might be nice for say, the atheon fight as its 5 extra seconds of damage since most people don't keep dipping in and out of that bubble as its kinda glitchy, but for most content elsewhere, people usually stay close to the bubble for the re-dip.
Essentially, from a mix max perspective it's better for boss fights as the act of having to re-dip into the bubble more often (essentially a third trip for every two you'd take with Glasshouse) impacts your DPS. Saint-14 is undoubtedly the better choice in any context where stuffs and things is actually running up into your bubble though.

my Warlock received a Glasshouse helmet for Titans (Nightfall). Nice but you can't change the color with a shader.

I slapped it on my Titan, lol dat color. So I decided to sport Eva Levante's Proncial Shader which is basicly Dark Pink + Turquoise. So the Turquoise helmet fits dat shader.
I will wear it to troll in Control Crucible

Jinjo

I have neither of those weapons.

Okay, yeah then Armamentarium and Saint-14 is probably a better combo. Love Helm of Inmost Light for striker shenanigans too though.

So today in renegotiating my contract I get a full day off every week now. When asked which day I'd prefer I said tuesday, cause of Destiny reset day. No shame lol.

R0ckman

Can bungie hear us? I swear every time we go into a nightfall (me and my local friends), I end up being the only one getting an exotic while the other two get screwed, they also complain about the game the entire time.

dB Viper

1 NF and 1 Weekly down as my warlock = 1 legendary Titan Chest and Red Hand XI or whatever. =/

Solo'd the raid 3x up to the bridge as my warlock, alt warlock and hunter.. yielded me shards, energies, warlock chest, and warlock boots (scrapped).

Poor Hunter gets no love.

Hoping Xur sells any Warlock helm so I'll only need the gauntlets from the raid to hit 32.

Deku Tree

Can bungie hear us? I swear every time we go into a nightfall (me and my local friends), I end up being the only one getting an exotic while the other two get screwed, they also complain about the game the entire time.

"Play. Whine. Repeat."

It's really weird to play with people who are constantly complaining about how much they hate this or that about the game... but then they keep playing over and over again.

Okay, yeah then Armamentarium and Saint-14 is probably a better combo. Love Helm of Inmost Light for striker shenanigans too though.

So today in renegotiating my contract I get a full day off every week now. When asked which day I'd prefer I said tuesday, cause of Destiny reset day. No shame lol.

Nice!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You stole their mojo. Jerk.

Brigandier

Would anyone be able to help me with the daily and weekly/nightfall strikes please?.

I really need shards and coins to get past lv28....

Any help would be super appreciated!!

(PS4)

So I've got a maxed out Glasshouse, and Weapons of Light last for 15 seconds after stepping outside the bubble. Anyone know what it usually lasts for? If its 10 seconds or so, I don't see Glasshouse being as useful as say, Saint 14 for the end-game PvE.

I don't really even like being a defender so I'm just using Glasshouse until I can find another exotic that I like better. I have an exotic chest piece but I don't want to deal with having to buy an expensive-ass legendary helm to go with it.

Top Bottom