• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Tawpgun

4000 bungie for rank 4 of Eris.

HOLLLLYYYY SHIIIII

the raid completion should give Eris rep.
Kinda surprised it doesn't. The raid is like the final part of Eris' whole story. Completing it should give a huge chunk of rep, and maybe even a Crotas bane rep boost.

Feorax

Going to run VOG on hard at about 6pm gmt (bout 90 mins from now). Just want to experience it on hard mode really, so I'm not looking for an overly experienced team or trying to do flawless or anything like that, just need to be around 29/30 and have decent weapons at close to 300.

Will be starting from just before the templar. Just add yourself to the list and let me know your PSN if you want in.

1. Feorax (PSN: MattIgoe)

EL CUCO

That makes the rest not as good anyway IMO. Welcome back to the Praxic club.
giphy.gif

Atkison04

Finally got the Husk Of Pit from the Fist Of Crota mission, level 28, took about a hour and a half.

Congrats! I'm rather excited about replaying that fist of crota mission over and over until I get it this evening. Not even a lie. At least I can knock out bounties with my alts while I'm farming for it.

Shito

Was this posted?

Level 33 Hard Mode. Dat artificial difficulty. No wonder they're making getting to 32 a breeze.
Yeah, it was posted a bit earlier.
I... think I don't mind, really. I'd rather have this than fighting the RNG to get to the cap.
I prefer their new tendency of giving us the armor pieces more easily, and make us grind to upgrade them, rather than having the upgrades but nothing to spend them on.

Rubenov

Anyone have any recommendations for weapons the vanguard quartermaster sells? I'm sitting on a bunch of commendations and marks, and need to add a weapon or 2. I'm set on solar heavies, fusion rifles, and shotguns. There's a scout rifle at the crucible quartermaster I have my eye on, but I don't think I want to grind my rep and marks for it just yet.

For the People or Up for Anything auto rifles (can't remember which one is Vanguard).

ERMint13

Well my reset started out pretty lame, 3x nightfalls netted me 5 coins, 7 or 8 coins ... and then a legendary scout ... while kind of neat, is my 3rd scout rifle I have gotten since the expansion. A hand canon, or auto rifle would be nice, or something different. Then running CE I was presented with energies, shards, shards, shards ... and then beating our head against Crota for hours. I had lost track of time, saw it was 10:30pm and was already thinking ... I should probably head to bed soon.

That thought popped up again at 11:30... and then midnight ... we picked up a replacement for someone, and then it was all worth it at 12:30 when we finally downed him and I got Black Hammer, woots! Thanks for the group last night folks, it was worth it.

Congrats!

My group finally got him down last night and everyone got some nice stuff besides me haha I got the emblem, shader, and several shards. Oh well hopefully next time he drops the sniper for me.

I have yet to get any of the new exotic weapons and still have yet to get Hawkmoon....nightfalls keep giving me shards/energy/coins although every once and awhile I get a pulse rifle or some other junk.

My day will come for those new exotics

zewone

I... think I don't mind, really. I'd rather have this than fighting the RNG to get to the cap.
I prefer their new tendency of giving us the armor pieces more easily, and make us grind to upgrade them, rather than having the upgrades but nothing to spend them on.

It's a lazy way to make your "hard" raid more difficult by having a damage penalty to all enemies and the fact that you'll take more damage from enemy fire.

And there's jack you can do about it. You can never reach that level until House of Wolves. I guess it's there way of keeping past raids more relevant?

Whatever the reason may be, I'm not a fan.

I believe you have to be at least 27.

What the hell did you end up doing after I bounced last night? Will you even need to raid on Friday?

Also, I have my company holiday party tonight so I'll be on from 5-6:30pm and then back on around 10pm.

I know we were thinking about doing another run through of the first two chests tonight but maybe we can wait til tomorrow night so I can take part. Unless we do it right away at 5:30 or so... I just want to get it done before I roll to NYC for the next two weeks.

Vita arrives today. Remote play is going to save Christmas.

Going to run VOG on hard at about 6pm gmt (bout 90 mins from now). Just want to experience it on hard mode really, so I'm not looking for an overly experienced team or trying to do flawless or anything like that, just need to be around 29/30 and have decent weapons at close to 300.

Will be starting from just before the templar. Just add yourself to the list and let me know your PSN if you want in.

Sure thing.

Katana_Strikes - Warlock Lvl 31

X-Frame

Especially because you can always shard raid armor you don't want for shards anyway, which is definitely better than the flip side like VoG.

Zakalwe

Banned
I got No Land Beyond last night. Hooollllllllyyyyy shit is this gun bad. I took it out and it wouldn't one shot a thrall. 3 seconds between rounds. Incredibly small reserve ammo. Useless scope. Who play-tested this thing?

I got it to the unique upgrade.

It's still awful.

hydruxo

I really hope Xur has heavy ammo synthesis on sale this week. I've been serving Crota with Gjallarhorn rockets for breakfast for days now, and my supplies are running low.

Thanks to Ruin Wings I haven't had to use a synth in a while. Heavy ammo for days.

Skele7on

Banned
Playing video games on Christmas day is something I've done most of my life. Coziest time to play.

More IMPORTANTLY - tons of Christmas noobs to slaughter in PVP ;)

twas the night before christmas and all through house
everyone was silent apart from us shouting DIE CROTA DIEEEEEEE

Kinda surprised it doesn't. The raid is like the final part of Eris' whole story. Completing it should give a huge chunk of rep, and maybe even a Crotas bane rep boost.

It would make too much sense.

Also someone posted this to me on my twitter I laughed:

Muz

Neo Member

Me and my bro are in... Psn is: thekunjer

Atkison04

Same! Only downside to having Gjallarhorn and using it in every raid/strike/story mission, haha.

I stocked up with about 60 last time Xur had them.

Man, the only downside to having Gjallarhorn is not having the newly maxed out one yet :/ I really hope that Xur sells the upgrade sooner than later.

Also, you not using your Ruin Wings on your Titan? I've only had to pop one heavy ammo pack since I started using them. Granted I haven't ventured into the new raid yet.

Zakalwe

Banned
"Play. Whine. Repeat."

It's really weird to play with people who are constantly complaining about how much they hate this or that about the game... but then they keep playing over and over again.

Why is it weird?

The core gameplay is amazing at times, especially during VoG, but there is /so/ much wrong with the game that for every moment that reminds you why you still play you find another that makes you feel like a fool.

At least that's my experience. It feels like Bungie are wildly swinging around in the dark and sometimes they strike gold out of sheer luck.

gdt

Great raid guys, it felt so good being the sword bearer. We all did a great job.

Was gonna raid again but I definitely don't have the time i think.

Warlock got gloves at least (from the 1st section) Hunter got jack. My Hunter just needs boots. RNGeesus plz.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Depending on how much it holds up, I think I definitely prefer this way too. I've completed one CE raid so far, on my titan, and he got the gloves and boots. I have a 36 Light helm and Chest available so either one of the two and I can hit 32. Meanwhile there are still VoG armor pieces on all 3 of my characters I have yet to see.

Great raid guys, it felt so good being the sword bearer. We all did a great job.

Was gonna raid again but I definitely don't have the time i think.

Warlock got gloves at least (from the 1st section) Hunter got jack. My Hunter just needs boots. RNGeesus plz.

Excellent job with the sword. We had a great team and blasted through the raid so fast. Very pleased with that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why is it weird?

The core gameplay is amazing at times, especially during VoG, but there is /so/ much wrong with the game that for every moment that reminds you why you still play you find another that makes you feel like a fool.

At least that's my experience. It feels like Bungie are wildly swinging around in the dark and sometimes they strike gold out of sheer luck.
*shrug*

It doesn't make the experience more enjoyable to me to complain about it while experiencing it. YMMV dramatically.

realcZk

What the hell did you end up doing after I bounced last night? Will you even need to raid on Friday?

Also, I have my company holiday party tonight so I'll be on from 5-6:30pm and then back on around 10pm.

I know we were thinking about doing another run through of the first two chests tonight but maybe we can wait til tomorrow night so I can take part. Unless we do it right away at 5:30 or so... I just want to get it done before I roll to NYC for the next two weeks.

Vita arrives today. Remote play is going to save Christmas.

i still need crota, have checkpoint but wont be on much tonight till later unless plans change, have a meeting

Not really sure what you're getting at here Hawk, you think we shouldn't voice concerns and criticisms?

My concern is that the constant bitching in this thread is hardly constructive. Voicing concerns and criticisms is a very different thing than what often occurs here...

X-Frame

Man, the only downside to having Gjallarhorn is not having the newly maxed out one yet :/ I really hope that Xur sells the upgrade sooner than later.

Also, you not using your Ruin Wings on your Titan? I've only had to pop one heavy ammo pack since I started using them. Granted I haven't ventured into the new raid yet.

I hope so too! If so, it'll be a priority to level back up. I believe 331 Attack is a 15% damage increase over 300, which is substantial given the damage for Gjallarhorn.

Yeah, it is during the raid where I needed to use synths. Last night I had Ruin Wings on during the final boss and because of the nature of the fight and our strategy, we're not really killing adds that much, at least not me, so it was harder to replenish the heavy. That is the only time in the raid where I needed to use synths to replenish.

Zakalwe

Banned
My concern is that the constant bitching in this thread is hardly constructive. Voicing concerns and criticisms is a very different thing than what often occurs here...

I'm not one for senseless catharsis, but I'm well aware of the flaws this game has that could cause the need to vent.

*shrugs*

I'm not one for senseless catharsis, but I'm well aware of the flaws this game has that could cause the need to vent.

*shrugs*

I get that, but I don't know what people expect to happen. Vent about NF RNG all you want, but if it pisses you off so much that you demand a long list of changes and don't get them, then quit the game.

I'm using "you" as the general pronoun, btw...!

I got No Land Beyond last night. Hooollllllllyyyyy shit is this gun bad. I took it out and it wouldn't one shot a thrall. 3 seconds between rounds. Incredibly small reserve ammo. Useless scope. Who play-tested this thing?

I got it yesterday from Nightfall. Xur is getting an Exotic Shard this weekend.

Rubenov

Have people been able to do the Crota cheese on PS4?

Saw it happen twice last night (got loot for 1 of them; the other I witnessed it via party chat).

Both times it happened it succeeded pretty much on the first try (one was on the second bc the group didn't down him on the 1st).

Both occasions, we proceeded to bring in alts to do it again, and it didn't work. For hours :/

Top Bottom