• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

hydruxo

Anyone have any recommendations for weapons the vanguard quartermaster sells? I'm sitting on a bunch of commendations and marks, and need to add a weapon or 2. I'm set on solar heavies, fusion rifles, and shotguns. There's a scout rifle at the crucible quartermaster I have my eye on, but I don't think I want to grind my rep and marks for it just yet.

The LDR-5001 sniper is fantastic.

Coconut

Banned
PS4, Fresh normal VoG tonight around 530pm PST? Would like the flawless raider trophy so let's do this fast and easy.

1.Coconut

Maybe even follow it with a hard run of VoG as well or a.... stab.... at Croter.

Bumping for posterity sake.

Steroyd

Fucking piece of shit Dust Palace, I absolutely hate that strike, who thought it was a good idea to have three bullet sponges with shields of all the three elements no less, seriously if that Omnigul and Spongebob strike weren't in existance I'd hate on this more and to top it off there was some rando who was AFK, WELL not exactly AFK I actually saw him move a little bit so he wouldn't get kicked which irked me more.

k0YEhWx.jpg

God fucking damnit RNGesus, a 4th Horseman for my troubles... OKAY!

Downed Crota last night. I must say, I am really underwhelmed with the new raid. The Crota fight is the only thing that is fun about it. The rest seems to be just running and jumping over enemies. VoG had a few challenging and fun encounters, CE seems slapped together and I cannot imagine it will hold my interest more than a few more clears. I guess I will end up picking up Warlords of Draenor to fill my raiding needs.

That's what we call a quantum leap

Hzoltan69

If anyone else is interested, we are just going to be quickly knocking out a Crota CP today @ 3:30PM EST. Quote this post with PSN, level & class please. I will send out party chat invite about 10 min before we start. I can do sword, but do not have bladedancer on this alt, would love one to come join us, also could use a titan on the team as well :)

Where: Crota Checkpoint
When: 3:30PM EST

1. noomi85 - hunter - 31
2. a_javierp - warlock - 30
3. silvertongueBR - warlock - 31
4. theflyingpigeon - warlock - 31

Alt 1. Messiek - warlock - 31
Alt 2. Mattiator85 - hunter - 30

I'd be down if you still need one. Lvl 30 titan, lvl 30 hunter or lvl 31 warlock.

I got No Land Beyond last night. Hooollllllllyyyyy shit is this gun bad. I took it out and it wouldn't one shot a thrall. 3 seconds between rounds. Incredibly small reserve ammo. Useless scope. Who play-tested this thing?

Atkison04

If I log on to do Eris quests on Christmas day, do I then need to seek help for gaming addiction?

Heck no bro! I'm about to be off for almost 2 weeks and I plan on getting me some Destiny time every single day (except for 3 day cabin trip). Can't wait to not have to read about everyone doing cool things in Destiny while I'm stuck at work creeping on Neogaf.

Besides, everyone knows Christmas day is boring after all the gifts are open!

Atkison04

My 3 yr old just picked up PvZ Garden Warfare and is progressing nicely. It won't be long before I send him off to do farming runs while I am at work.

j/k, sorta

Farming runs and deleting all of daddy's exotic weapons!

That's probably what my kids would do anyways. Every time they play with my phone I can hardly figure out how to undo the damage done.

Skele7on

Banned
Heck no bro! I'm about to be off for almost 2 weeks and I plan on getting me some Destiny time every single day (except for 3 day cabin trip). Can't wait to not have to read about everyone doing cool things in Destiny while I'm stuck at work creeping on Neogaf.

Besides, everyone knows Christmas day is boring after all the gifts are open!

True, but I'm cooking the dinner, if I burn it, I'm sending them your way DestinyGAF.

Only if you already hit rank 4.

HAHA yeah, that's not going to happen, I think.

EL CUCO

2/3 Nigtfall spoils so far...
1) Heart Praxic Fire (will shard my old one)
2) 10 ass shards
3) TBD (but likely not Gjallarhorn.)

mcfrank

Meaning comparing raiding in Destiny to raiding in WoW is a bit drastic

Edit - but I have heard great things about WoD

Not to turn this into a WoW vs Destiny thread, but to me they fill a similar role - Social gaming where I can team up with friends to take down challenging encounters.

Axoman

Had a pretty good night last night.

1st NF, right before we finished I said I'll probably get 5 strange coins. I ended up with 8.
2nd NF, finish phogoth, my friends tell me I got gjallarhorn. I didn't see the message pop up and didn't believe them and thought they were just teasing me because they know how much I wanted one. I turns out they were telling me the truth, I finally got it!

So happy to finally have one. Now the only weapons I'd really like are an Ice Breaker or the Black Hammer and a Vision of Conluence.

E92 M3

If I log on to do Eris quests on Christmas day, do I then need to seek help for gaming addiction?

Playing video games on Christmas day is something I've done most of my life. Coziest time to play.

More IMPORTANTLY - tons of Christmas noobs to slaughter in PVP ;)

Kaiken

Banned
I got No Land Beyond last night. Hooollllllllyyyyy shit is this gun bad. I took it out and it wouldn't one shot a thrall. 3 seconds between rounds. Incredibly small reserve ammo. Useless scope. Who play-tested this thing?

If only we can make custom playlists with only this weapon. Probably the only usefulness about it.

Atkison04

Can anyone tell me how many marks the chest pieces are? Trying to figure out how many strikes I need to do to buy one. Only piece of vanguard gear I'm still needing..

Rubenov

I really hope Xur has heavy ammo synthesis on sale this week. I've been serving Crota with Gjallarhorn rockets for breakfast for days now, and my supplies are running low.

LordofPwn

Everyone dissing no land beyond. I feel like people arent using it correctly. It's a PVP gun. Use it like a hand cannon but git gud and hit heads.

hitlerat

If anyone else is interested, we are just going to be quickly knocking out a Crota CP today @ 3:30PM EST. Quote this post with PSN, level & class please. I will send out party chat invite about 10 min before we start. I can do sword, but do not have bladedancer on this alt, just need a level 31 bladedander that can do the sword.

Where: Crota Checkpoint
When: 3:30PM EST

1. noomi85 - hunter - 31
2. a_javierp - warlock - 30
3. silvertongueBR - warlock - 31
4. theflyingpigeon - warlock - 31
5. hzoltan969 - titan - 30

Alt 1. Messiek - warlock - 31
Alt 2. Mattiator85 - hunter - 30

Hey noomi...

I can complete if you guys need .
I´ll be online, just call me (Ganryu_gdm)

wl 31

Coconut

Banned
Five.

FIVE strange coins from the nightfall.

Fuck you Destiny

I'm sick of all this strange coin bashing. with the exotic shard stuff and basically a free exotic every weekend coins are the most useful item to have excess of.

You be fucking THANKFUL for those coins because there will be some people who might come up short this week!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Speaking of kids and parties, will you keep doing noob VoG runs? My little bro (he's 13) is done with midterms and will begin Destiny tomorrow. I expect him to be Raid-ready fairly soon (kid grinds like nobody on the games he plays) and I'd love to have him join one of your runs.

I'd sit next to him (I'll be home for holidays!) and explain the basics of what's happening. He understands English and can sort of speak it alright though he might get kinda shy :p

Kid runs are an experience haha. He asked me to run two of his buddies through Nightfall. They were tactically better than I thought - smart use of abilities and supers and weapon load outs. They just kept dying because of a strange impulse to be Rambo-type heroes.
Thanks! He's an awesome kid. He's not raid ready, but my older son is. I'd love to see you lead a kid raid sometime. Could even stream it for the lulz. I want to buy a second ps4 so I can play with them, but my wife would probably leave me.
That's my kid's Achilles heel. He wants to be OP. Think: Diamond Armor in Minecraft. And then steamroll everything. I'm like "Yeah buddy the nightfall and weekly only get steamrolled when you use teamwork."

Hey Parent GAF! Maybe we could set that up sometime. My son LOVED raiding with Hawkian and wanted to immediately graduate to hard mode. LOL

What if we set up a GAFOffspring raid night over Christmas break? My son knows the VoG now
kinda

I know Hudson's kids are raring to go, mine is, Ocean's bro, Ghaleon's daughter
?

FutureGAF is looking strong.
That would be awesome, my own army of well-trained and murderous children! Just like I always wanted :D

edit: Yep, weekly noob VoG runs are still on. weekly activities post incoming with some info about how this will work going forward

Straid

Ah ah ah yeah, I'll stick to the random encounters.

Tried for two hours and got nothing. Also, whats the deal with people stoping playing the vanguard roc strikes? In 5 strikes, i encountered two guys (in different matches) who did nothing, NOTHING! And one of them got a leggendary ship!

Qwell

Well my reset started out pretty lame, 3x nightfalls netted me 5 coins, 7 or 8 coins ... and then a legendary scout ... while kind of neat, is my 3rd scout rifle I have gotten since the expansion. A hand canon, or auto rifle would be nice, or something different. Then running CE I was presented with energies, shards, shards, shards ... and then beating our head against Crota for hours. I had lost track of time, saw it was 10:30pm and was already thinking ... I should probably head to bed soon.

That thought popped up again at 11:30... and then midnight ... we picked up a replacement for someone, and then it was all worth it at 12:30 when we finally downed him and I got Black Hammer, woots! Thanks for the group last night folks, it was worth it.

panda-zebra

HOW can you be at 3 already? I've done every bounty, every day. What am I missing? :(

I'm usually in and playing during reset, if the bounties differ from the previous day they show up at Eris. I do those and hand them in and later, when I come back to Destiny, they are there again along with any that were also there the previous day. so 2 or 3 can be done twice. Great if those are the ones worth 100. Also having done nightfall gives the usual 25% boost I believe (I was expecting to level Eris tomorrow after totalling the bounty values but just crept over the line to rank 3).

I was levelling Eris with all characters until it struck me that I was being daft, as once the basic Eris stuff is done, a Warlock can buy a Titan alt gear, so I'm still doing them multiple times but with exp gain.

BTW, I know the Dr Nope/Atheon's Epilogue style ARs are generally seen as being useless for crucible, but I just gave a barely levelled Eidolon Ally a go in IB and it wasn't entirely useless even in my PvP piss-poor hands. It's got more than 2x AE's impact, not sure how much of a factor impact is in IB.

Put a conversation from this morning it into sobering perspective... we discussed what possible xmas special items there might be on the 25th... there might be a problem here.

X-Frame

I really hope Xur has heavy ammo synthesis on sale this week. I've been serving Crota with Gjallarhorn rockets for breakfast for days now, and my supplies are running low.

Same! Only downside to having Gjallarhorn and using it in every raid/strike/story mission, haha.

I stocked up with about 60 last time Xur had them.

Top Bottom