• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

MADGAME

I understand and sympathize with the comments regarding the daily being dlc, but there is so little content in the game I'm glad to get the tiniest slice of variety.

Exactly. People who are playing during the reset can do the Eris bounties twice. Kind of unfair for those of us in a time zone and with a life schedule that doesn't allow us to participate in this cheese. You have to be logged into destiny during the reset then the new bounties pop up and you do them and then you log off and log back on and then they pop up again and you get to do them twice.

What time is the reset in US (any time zone)?

raindoc

Well, uhhh....

We fought his soul in The Wakening. Wouldn't be surprised if that is what they were alluding to.

speaking of which. eris & co went down into the Hellmouth to kill Crota, were semi-succesful, failed to defeat his soul. We did exactly that in "The Wakening". We finished the job and Eris got her vengeance, she says so herself.

So what the fuck is C doing in the Raid?

Bungie either fabricated that, it was changed last minute or we might get a surprise in hard mode.

AndIThoughtMyJokesWereBad.jpg

andithoughtmyjokeswerebad.jpg

Coconut

Banned
I love lore. Is that from grimoire cards?

Honestly I don't know if it's from actual canon stuff or my own speculation based on what Eris says and how they keep trying to "raise" him or if Crota is just a manifestation of the Hive's collective will or whatever it all starts to blend togehter.

Eris keeps saying if you aren't fighting Crota your wasting your time and that he's on his way. so I like to think the hive are trying to bring him here while Crota's true physical form is traveling to us. Either way he will get here.

LordofPwn

I thought Crota was supposed to have different forms.

Him in the trailer was one of his forms, start of raid is another, and after he gets back up from losing his shield is yet another form.

also from Grimoire:
Ikora said:
–is his world the apex of HIve power, or is it the youngest and most accessible of a string of netherworlds, each host to a more terrible hive archentity?

The nature and possible interrelationship of the Vex gate system with Hive netherworlds remains unexplored.

Trakan

I understand and sympathize with the comments regarding the daily being dlc, but there is so little content in the game I'm glad to get the tiniest slice of variety.

What time is the reset in US (any time zone)?

I think it's 3am central right now due to daylight savings. 4am normally.

Pretty much every MMO, ever. Destiny is an MMO-light style game.

It sucks, but it's just the nature of a shared world games. Unfortunately, if people want to keep playing in these types of games, purchasing the updates is required.

Never seen an MMO remove content for not buying the newer content.

Sure, old stuff isn't the best anymore but if you don't buy the new expansion you can still do what you did before.

What Destiny doing with removing Nightfall, weekly and dailies is robbing vanilla owners of content that previously existed. I imagine at this point for vanilla owners that is pretty much removing their reason to log in and play outside of PVP.

zewone

I don't understand the rush to get to Eris rank 3.

Hard raid isn't around yet and all that grinding for Murmur seems unnecessary.

I like the raid fusion rifle more.

patchday

I don't think it's going to send the right signal ;)

That's completely valid and I definitely understand what you mean better now.

These are universally awful examples :-/ I'm sorry guys, but you must know this.

I'm conceding right up from that I don't have a good example myself, but I think any potential game to put in the same box, for absolute starters, needs to be a shooter... it'd also be hard to consider any game that didn't have a core competitive component too.

Destiny and Guild Wars 2 have almost nothing whatsoever in common. :-/

Not sure why it has to be a shooter since that's only one aspect of an RPG. The shooter RPGs I know of are Borderlands, Warframe, Hellgate London, etc. Looking forward to trying out Borderlands 2 when I get time. Hopeful for a PS4 port though.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer vs Destiny. I think ME3MP has way less content but is much better designed for what it is and was brilliant supported with bi-weekly updates and free DLCs for the entire first year. I did quit though after that 1st year but enjoyed great matchmaking, great gun play that rivals Destiny, and a large variety of Classes.

Guild Wars 2 and Destiny have plenty in common- character progression, open world, pvp, raids, crafting, etc. They're both classified as Online RPGs surely. Guild Wars 2, at launch, was much more complete. PvPers were not forced into raiding and the same went for pve players (not being forced into Battelgrounds). PVP is actually meaningful and has impact.

I could go on and on. GW2 had so much content at launch it would easily bury Destiny

Destiny can still be a lot of fun. I still hang around and sync up patches because I think if they were to alter their course a bit it could become brilliant. Remove the stupid glimmer caps, handle exotic upgrades with an extra node, etc. Also add more endgame sets or allow some form of transmorgification so all the L32s would look like ridicilous clones of another

Deku Tree

If you have husk of the pit then you might want to upgrade it to the legendary Eidolon ally.

Set your alarm each night and you are golden.

No way I'd be able to do that either. Even if I wanted to do that I don't wake up to alarm clocks.

Zakalwe

Banned
Husk of the Pit get!

15 or so BoC kills.

I had ten minutes till I had to stop too. Moments like this keep me here. I'm so damn easy.

speaking of which. eris & co went down into the Hellmouth to kill Crota, were semi-succesful, failed to defeat his soul. We did exactly that in "The Wakening". We finished the job and Eris got her vengeance, she says so herself.

Pretty much my biggest gripe with Bungie touting how proud they are of the Eris storyline. I actually remember somebody from Bungie saying "You can go into the raid day 1, but you won't have context for it."

That's true no matter what though! They did nothing to bridge the gap between what we did for Eris and what we do in the raid. If you only ever did the Eris quests, you would be rightfully convinced that you finished the job. You banish his soul. Eris loses her mind, thanking you for finally getting vengeance. She gets her closure from you completing that task.

Then you take down Omnigul, that last loose end.

And then on your own accord, you drop into the raid and actually defeat Crota. You are in no way encouraged to do so by Eris, nor does she acknowledge the feat. There is no context. His soul is being awakened by the Deathsinger again, you stop the ritual again, and then BOOM. Crota is there.

The only way I can wrap my mind around this is that I assume they don't want to alienate those who will not participate in the end game raid and leave them hanging on the storyline.

But I'm not sure they pulled it off very effectively.

Mattiator

Quick Crota run ( if fast enough first part of raid after)

Starts in 1 hour 1145 pst 245 est. Ps4.

1.Mattiator85
2. Dhruv
3. Grmlock
4. Deku
5. Glam
6. Mildsoss

Alt khorgano

MADGAME

I think it's 3am central right now due to daylight savings. 4am normally.

No thanks, I can wait. Good for those in a time zone conducive to to the exploit.

For me it was rank 4 so I can trade energies for shards and be 32 right now, but I will happily wait another week for a raid. Even if I could get her up to 4 before then by doing the reset trick it isn't worth losing the sleep, not even a consideration.

Well, I would like to hit rank 4 so I could trade some of these 26 Energy I have for some Shards, since my progression is completely halted until I can acquire more.

Pretty much my biggest gripe with Bungie touting how proud they are of the Eris storyline. I actually remember somebody from Bungie saying "You can go into the raid day 1, but you won't have context for it."

That's true no matter what though! They did nothing to bridge the gap between what we did for Eris and what we do in the raid. If you only ever did the Eris quests, you would be rightfully convinced that you finished the job. You banish his soul. Eris loses her mind, thanking you for finally getting vengeance. She gets her closure from you completing that task.

And then on your own accord, you drop into the raid and actually defeat Crota. You are in no way encouraged to do so by Eris, nor does she acknowledge the feat. There is no context. His soul is being awakened by the Deathsinger again, you stop the ritual again, and then BOOM. Crota is there.

The only way I can wrap my mind around this is that I assume they don't want to alienate those who will not participate in the end game raid and leave them hanging on the storyline.

Hardly anyone is paying any attention to the story line. I don't know anyone that cares about it. There are some folks that like to deep dive into the lore and read all the Grimoire cards, but most folks have no clue what's going on and don't care because the game never pulled you in to care in the beginning.

X-Frame

I just want Rank 4 for Eris for the Sunsetting shader.

Honestly, I don't know if there could ever be a better shader. Every time I go to the Tower for the first time of the day I preview my character with that shader. *drools* I'm buying 3.

I can't imagine how menacing my Titan will look with full CE raid gear and that shader.

Lol and that's Destiny for you. Nobody bothers to explain this shit

Quick Crota run ( if fast enough first part of raid after)

Starts in 1 hour 1145 pst 245 est. Ps4.

1.Mattiator85
2. Dhruv

I have the Crota checkpoint from my unfinished run last night if that's what you want. I would love to just finish that part off unless you guys are ding a full run.

Honestly, I don't know if there could ever be a better shader. Every time I go to the Tower for the first time of the day I preview my character with that shader. *drools* I'm buying 3.

I can't imagine how menacing my Titan will look with full CE raid gear and that shader.

Haven't looked at that one before, but man it is awesome... How many bounties will it take to reach Level 5 though :(

I thought the same thing. The new story missions made it seem like you've stopped the threat and everything is sunshine and rainbows. Then...there's the threat you apparently didn't stop down there waiting to be killed.

E92 M3

It looks dumb on my hunter; still happy Frost Fire.

noomi

Need a level 31 bladedancer with some sword experience to help out, we start in 1hr30min.

Where: Crota Checkpoint
When: 3:30PM EST

1. noomi85 - hunter - 31
2. a_javierp - warlock - 30
3. silvertongueBR - warlock - 31
4. theflyingpigeon - warlock - 31
5. hzoltan969 - titan - 30

Alt 1. Messiek - warlock - 31
Alt 2. Mattiator85 - hunter - 30
Alt 3. Ganryu_gdm - warlock - 31

Izuna

Banned
Nothing left to level up now, since I am keeping Hunger of Crota at 312, and my new Void and Solar Snipers level up as I use them.

Arm and Leg Raid gear got maxed a day after getting them, which is kinda cool considering that took just 30 bounties.

I didn't think that just one week after the DLC released, I would have replaced almost everything with an abundance of Commendations and Exotic Shards. If Xur upgrades Gjallahorn there is only Raid Gear left to get... 😐

Top Bottom