• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

joecanada

Alright I'm looking for a new handcannon used red hand before but now have a 333 for t people.
Since devil you don't seems to suck, what's my target?
...already doing thorn 2.0 bounty but want purple not exotic

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
See, this is where I don't get your argument. You have to have played a game of a certain genre before to know whether there's enough content in the game you're playing now? I don't get that.
I don't have to play it, just know about it, hahaha. I pretty much hate Call of Duty and haven't touched one since the original MW, but I understand the value structure in each release.
Do you feel like there's enough content? And I want your personal opinion, don't give me an 'I can't compare it' answer.
Well I absolutely want more content because I like the game and I want more stuff to do. Moar Destiny, plz! Is that an okay answer? I really am not trying to be cagey, but the phrase "enough content" is the crux of this whole thing. Enough for what? It's obviously held my interest thus far... but obviously, there's no way it could do so indefinitely with just the amount that is currently in-game. but then, I bought the expansion pass, so...

Let me put it another way and maybe sum this all up:

If there was a game that gave me the same kind of experience to Destiny, but had twice as much content, I'd just immediately go play that game and never touch Destiny again. I have no particular loyalty to Bungie (haven't really been into a Halo since 2, though it's one of my all-time favorites) and I don't mind "the grind" as much as many do, so losing my progress/characters wouldn't be a compelling enough reason for me to stay. Though, trademark issues would probably preclude that game from including Hawkmoon, which would be the most painful aspect by far. I admit I don't like thinking about giving it up. *shudder* But, yeah, it'd still be worth it
maybe. It already sucks that I can't have Hawkmoon in other games right now.

The fact that no such game exists is more or less why we're all here.

Anyone doing crotas raid on ps4 And need to fill a spot? If so, my PSN is greyblade. I've got a level 31 titan and warlock that need to run it.

Gotta give a shout out to Mattiator85
Dhruv
Deku
Glam
MildSoss

After spending hours trying to take down Crota yesterday it was a huge relief to put him down in one run. Friggin awesome.

Steroyd

Started the day with over 10k glimmer, then upgrade after upgrade after upgrade drags my glimmer count down to 2.5k despite popping glimmer boosts while xompleting bounties, then I've got to worry about Xur this Friday, plus it raining xp with Iron Banner, I need a spreadsheet for this shit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't even think you need to have a comparison. Even in a vacuum, I think that most people can agree that the amount of content that is repeated in the fundamental structure of the game that Bungie laid out (especially for the endgame) is extensive. Like Zakalwe mentioned, that would be one thing if the encounters and activities varied themselves more, but that's not the case. The barometer we can use to determine how much is a lot or a little content is how much we feel like we're doing the exact same activities over and over as opposed to having new experiences.
Is this not contradictory- aren't you saying if the amount of content were the same, but it was more interesting/challenging/complex?

If you include the bounties for story missions as part of the endgame, 100% of the content in Destiny is intended to be repeated, so new experiences are limited to your first time doing each piece. as such, the amount of new experiences (contrast "content") can be said to be incredibly low, even in a vacuum, I agree. But... then I feel compelled to mention that my first times going through each raid with my group are some of my favorite memories in gaming history.

I guess I got us way off track with the whole comparison business because I was thinking about the "total amount of content", for which I have no frame of reference the way I would with most other games.
lol at the undying mind strike where a wall literally spawns in front of you to slow you down
lol yeah. right at the beginning, devil may cry style.

after you kill the Oculator cyclops, you can skip past a ton of stuff basically right to the boss. The Precursor stuff during the strike doesn't give glimmer so it's not worth killing (the stuff during the boss fight all does though. Polyphage time)

Namikaze1

Journal entry #148

My helmet broke. The vast energy stored in my body busted forth. I-I can't feel my face. I can't feel my face! When will the Husk make its presence known?!

matmanx1

Oh man.

I highly enjoy the Skullfort for PvP.

Inmost light is also pretty great, buuut I'm not the best at aiming Falcon Punch, so I prefer spawning with melee energy and the free Transfusion perk.

Good to know. I will level it up and use it in the Crucible just because it looks really cool.

what is the better Defender Helm? Saint 14 or Glasshouse?

I don't have Glasshouse yet but I am loving Saint-14. I used the "blind bubble" on those three Hive majors that spawn underneath the shed in the Steppes in the Cosmodrome and then shot them in the back with my shotgun for that Eris bounty today. It worked wonderfully!

I think someone also worked out that Inverse Shadow (more super energy from non guardian kills) gives you a 32% boost to super energy so that's pretty great also.

spyder_ur

Why are people grinding so hard for hours to get the Husk thing when it won't be fully upgradeable until the hard raid releases and even then who knows what the drop rate for that item will be? I mean I'd love to pick it up, but I'm just gonna see if it drops for me during normal play over the next month.

SkylineRKR

So yeah I played VoG for Timepiece and Vision. Got 3 mythoclasts today. Its 3 shards but damn... this could use an inventory check.

SharkJAW

I'm thinking (read: hoping) that Bungie is going to make HM CE different mechanically. I mean, why else delay it for a month? To throw more adds in there? (pls Bungie dont)

Is this not contradictory- aren't you saying if the amount of content were the same, but it was more interesting/challenging/complex?

If you include the bounties for story missions as part of the endgame, 100% of the content in Destiny is intended to be repeated, so new experiences are limited to your first time doing each piece. as such, the amount of new experiences (contrast "content") can be said to be incredibly low, even in a vacuum, I agree. But... then I feel compelled to mention that my first times going through each raid with my group are some of my favorite memories in gaming history.

I guess I got us way off track with the whole comparison business because I was thinking about the "total amount of content", for which I have no frame of reference the way I would with most other games.

Maybe "new experiences" isn't the best way to put it. What I'm trying to describe is whatever the opposite of repetition is in this context. Variety I guess? In that if the amount of mechanics and interactions had a lot more variety even under the constraints of the current amount of actual assets in the game, that repetition would be lessened. I don't want you to get too hung up on that point though since I only meant to mention it as an example of how to ring more out of what we have.

stb

Why are people grinding so hard for hours to get the Husk thing when it won't be fully upgradeable until the hard raid releases and even then who knows what the drop rate for that item will be? I mean I'd love to pick it up, but I'm just gonna see if it drops for me during normal play over the next month.

Because it's THERE, man!

Can't wait for the Fallen and Cabal weapons.

The Fallen are definitely the most interesting enemies to me.

I mean, Vex have all the time travel shit and can will you out of existence...fine.

But The Fallen are fuckin' space pirates. They remind me of a rogue separation of the Covenant. Betting their armor and weapons will look badass.

Top Bottom