• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, that's what I mean. Your class upgrades still make sure there's a gap.
sorry for confusing the issue there- my point there was just that in the Crucible it's much closer an experience to a traditional competitive multiplayer FPS than an MMORPG
Well, it does have little content. Hence why we have to do the same stuff ad infinitum. Comparing it to other games certainly won't help change that perspective.
That's where I'm lost I guess, that was where this talk about comparing games started; I don't know what a lot or a little content looks like for a game like Destiny.

I think what Zakalwe said makes a lot of sense: there's nothing inherently wrong with the number of, for example, strikes, but they'd need to be a lot more involving and have better encounter design to be compelling.
And saying it can only be compared to a very specific minority of games doesn't help the conversation.
Well are we talking about direct comparison or just certain parts? I don't even know what goes in the specific minority!
There aren't many games like Titanfall, but that won't stop me thinking it has very little content.
Titanfall is a competitive multiplayer FPS!

Most games in that category at LEAST have a narrative singleplayer campaign with cutscenes- Battlefield, Call of Duty, Halo, Killzone, etc. Titanfall has you play 9 multiplayer matches in a certain order and then says you beat it! :p Having those specific examples of games in the same genre to directly compare it to is incredibly helpful to me in gauging its content. I'm saying I don't even know what game to look at to do that with Destiny, I hope that clarifies my position a little bit.

realcZk

How do you think I feel after playing the same amount as you (give or take)? I have all three raid gear pieces on my hunter, the raid RL, and the raid sniper.

I feel great. Fucking great.

lol you got hooked up so good. full raid gear, black hammer and hunger of crota... my god man. im excited for crota clear on my titan, she should be guaranteed a weapon drop, hoping for the sniper or RL.

Just think how Shep feels. Shards and no gear. Though he does have a ballerhorn.

lol yeah, he still carries the team with his rng luck from the vanilla game. did you see the 2-manning crota video earlier? the guy with a 300 attack pre-dlc ballerhorn was dropping crotas shields both cycles by himself. and the sword guy was a warlock

Namikaze1

Drop a Black Wax Idol one more time. I dare ya. I double dog dare ya. Come on. Do it. Do it, you four eyes bitch. That's why I'm gonna make your so called god my bitch later. DO IT!

Ghorn makes it easier. I've done all my runs this week but id be happy to help you get through. Psn gatti-man just add me and I'll give it my best shot.

How we do it is the sword bearer gets in position calls for ghorn and by the time the rockets get there he is next to Crota. When Crota stands 3 second count down and ghorns again for an instant kneel. This works in 1-3 tries usually. No hunter required.

Thanks for the offer, We would need 4 more right now, group was disbanded.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No need to applogise, I just sensed we'd be going in circles with that particular point.

Don't get me wrong, I like this game a lot. I'm just aware that without the loot the actual content isn't hugely appealing for me, and that's a shame. I'd love to have a campaign that stood on its own like Halo CE, one that I could play over and over with no other reason but pure enjoyment of the encounters.

I'm happy you seem to have found that, I wish I had too.
Ah yeah- I found that in the raid(s), for sure.

Muz

Neo Member
Need 3 for a fresh crota raid. Ready to go when we are full.

1. Muz (psn: thekunjer)
2. Muz's mate
3. Muz's bro

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Appreciate the write-up, thank you!

Sounds like a lot of work...is it worth it?

Every low impact, high mag assault rifle has pretty much sucked, outside of the elemental bonus for those nightfalls with that burn. This seems to be the same, AND it takes up an exotic slot. No thanks.

wW0V8JL.png

Look at this picture... Look at it. It summarizes all that is wrong in this world!!!! In case you don't get it, Hawkmoon and Universal Remote control are the only two pre-DLC exotics I'm still missing... RNGesus is an Ahole!!!!!!!!!

I would kill for ass shards though *shrug*

E92 M3

if you're logged in when the reset happens, you can do the bounties and turn them in. when you log back in later in the day, you should be able to do the same bounties agan. so you earn twice the XP

Sucks I'm sleeping at 4 A.M. =/

holy cow, we'll hit 150 pages by tonight.

The standard nothingstopsthistrain.gif

Bad or good news just propels this thread.

I would kill for ass shards though *shrug*

I'd give you some of mine; have nearly 300.

Every low impact, high mag assault rifle has pretty much sucked, outside of the elemental bonus for those nightfalls with that burn. This seems to be the same, AND it takes up an exotic slot. No thanks.

But AE is great for killing oracles!

And not a lot else

sorry for confusing the issue there- my point there was just that in the Crucible it's much closer an experience to a traditional competitive multiplayer FPS than an MMORPG

That's where I'm lost I guess, that was where this talk about comparing games started; I don't know what a lot or a little content looks like for a game like Destiny.

I think what Zakalwe said makes a lot of sense: there's nothing inherently wrong with the number of, for example, strikes, but they'd need to be a lot more involving and have better encounter design to be compelling.

Well are we talking about direct comparison or just certain parts? I don't even know what goes in the specific minority!

Most games in that category at LEAST have a narrative singleplayer campaign with cutscenes- Battlefield, Call of Duty, Halo, Killzone, etc. Titanfall has you play 9 multiplayer matches in a certain order and then says you beat it! :p Having those specific examples of games in the same genre to directly compare it to is incredibly helpful to me in gauging its content. I'm saying I don't even know what game to look at to do that with Destiny, I hope that clarifies my position a little bit.

See, this is where I don't get your argument. You have to have played a game of a certain genre before to know whether there's enough content in the game you're playing now? I don't get that. Do you feel like there's enough content? And I want your personal opinion, don't give me an 'I can't compare it' answer.

alright, game plan for today.

-bounties
-switch to alt to do weekly and nightfall
-CE raid with assmatgaf
-maybe a vault of glass after
-IRON THE BANNER

Namikaze1

Do I just wait for the damn sword to disappear or something?! I'm straight up losing my mind here! You don't the know theshit I had to go through to get to 20!

Exactly. People who are playing during the reset can do the Eris bounties twice. Kind of unfair for those of us in a time zone and with a life schedule that doesn't allow us to participate in this cheese. You have to be logged into destiny during the reset then the new bounties pop up and you do them and then you log off and log back on and then they pop up again and you get to do them twice.

how does it work exactly though? do you have to be logged on and in the tower when it resets?

Korosenai

lol you got hooked up so good. full raid gear, black hammer and hunger of crota... my god man. im excited for crota clear on my titan, she should be guaranteed a weapon drop, hoping for the sniper or RL.

lol yeah, he still carries the team with his rng luck from the vanilla game. did you see the 2-manning crota video earlier? the guy with a 300 attack pre-dlc ballerhorn was dropping crotas shields both cycles by himself. and the sword guy was a warlock
Is there a link to this? I'd like to see it.

I think one of the most disappointing things about the evolving landscape of Destiny is the fact that the class/faction items continue to serve no real purpose and don't modify your character in any meaningful way.

Why can't a Future War Cult Warlock Bond give you a bonus to agility. I've been under the impressions that the various items modify a hidden 'luck' variable, but there's no proof, AFAIK.

Deku Tree

how does it work exactly though? do you have to be logged on and in the tower when it resets?

I've never done it but other people in here have. I think you just have to be playing destiny logged in and you'll see the new bounties after the reset. Not sure if you need to be waiting in the tower.

Most games in that category at LEAST have a narrative singleplayer campaign with cutscenes- Battlefield, Call of Duty, Halo, Killzone, etc. Titanfall has you play 9 multiplayer matches in a certain order and then says you beat it! :p Having those specific examples of games in the same genre to directly compare it to is incredibly helpful to me in gauging its content. I'm saying I don't even know what game to look at to do what with Destiny, I hope that clarifies my position a little bit.

I don't even think you need to have a comparison. Even in a vacuum, I think that most people can agree that the amount of content that is repeated in the fundamental structure of the game that Bungie laid out (especially for the endgame) is extensive. Like Zakalwe mentioned, that would be one thing if the encounters and activities varied themselves more, but that's not the case. The barometer we can use to determine how much is a lot or a little content is how much we feel like we're doing the exact same activities over and over as opposed to having new experiences.

I think one of the most disappointing things about the evolving landscape of Destiny is the fact that the class/faction items continue to serve no real purpose and don't modify your character in any meaningful way.

No purpose? They serve the valuable function of another thing to grind if you want something specific.

Namikaze1

Hour 2

Journal entry #097

My arms have slowly been corrupted by the Hive's blood. I no longer control them. The hunt for the Husk must resume but I fear I will lose myself even more if I persist.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Why can't a Future War Cult Warlock Bond give you a bonus to agility. I've been under the impressions that the various items modify a hidden 'luck' variable, but there's no proof, AFAIK.

This is almost assuredly coming. Other games have done this, and often it was something introduced down the road and not at launch (for whatever reason). In a game all about that loot, giving players an additional category of equipment to collect and seek is a good thing.

THEF3AR

I'm looking for some fellow GAFFers on Xbox One who regularly play Destiny. I have yet to do a raid or anything else that requires a team. I am a level 26 TITAN and I'm looking for that loot.

GT: F3AR THE LEGEND

I've never done it but other people in here have. I think you just have to be playing destiny logged in and you'll see the new bounties after the reset. Not sure if you need to be waiting in the tower.

i did it today and it didn't work. :/

used to do it all the time. i guess i'll try staying logged in earlier and sit in the tower.

It doesn't take very long to get a faction to the required level to buy stuff, but then what? They are worthless.

Yeah, I know, they seem pointless. Rumour is they played a larger role earlier in development, specifically in PvP when the Crucible was called Faction Wars. Not sure what the extent of it was, but they are now just a vestigial design decision to clutter up the game.

It's only appalling when you join the group and it's a bunch of 29s looking to get carried/cheese everything.

Had one of these groups trying to do the Hard VoG yesterday. It was horrible. Trying all these cheesy methods against the Templar when the easiest way to kill him is straight up. I just dropped after the millionth wipe.

Sane_Man

We need one more for Crota's End if anyone is interested? We have four 31's and one 30 so far. Preferably someone experienced. We've all completed it multiple times before.

I'm looking for some fellow GAFFers on Xbox One who regularly play Destiny. I have yet to do a raid or anything else that requires a team. I am a level 26 TITAN and I'm looking for that loot.

GT: F3AR THE LEGEND

GT: toejam2501 I play mostly at night. There are a few GAF xb1 peeps.

Top Bottom