• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I have a hard raid Templar checkpoint, and still need fatebringer. Not sure if I can do it tonight (doing some x-mas shopping), but I would definitely want to find a group to run that part 3 times real quick. I could do Atheon as well, though I would only be rolling for the exotic.

PSN is Dr_LawyerCop if you're interested.

If love to help you all 3 times. When do you think you can do it? Tomorrow night is good for me. - androo2300

Okay, so the only thing I have keeping me from Guardian Lord is maxing out subclasses for my Titan and Warlock. I'd probably have it done by now but I split my leveling between Voidwalker/Sunsinger and Striker/Defender. What's the fastest way to grind XP and get this done?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
when we first tried the kneel glitch on ps4 it didnt work for us before the reset.

havent really been keeping up with the thread, has anyone been able to get it to work cause i read some ppl got it to work on ps4
I think we just didn't have the timing down right. We were under a lot of pressure to figure it out quickly before the reset.

Ourobolus

Banned
when we first tried the kneel glitch on ps4 it didnt work for us before the reset.

havent really been keeping up with the thread, has anyone been able to get it to work cause i read some ppl got it to work on ps4
I got it to work several times. The timing is pretty tricky.

Deku Tree

Ouch. Been there abd know the struggle. I couldn't bring myself to do that many though, just if I needed two or three more for an upgrade.

Why say "ouch"? Yes it sounds like a bad deal to spend 16.5K glimmer on green helmets and then dismantle them for class mats. But if I get a glimmer farming crew together we can make 25K glimmer in 40 minutes or so. I think it's much faster to farm class mats this way vs. doing a bunch of roc strikes and destroying your drops.

Anyway I need another 48 of those Hunter class mats to level up my 29 Hunter. Four light away from 30. The grind is real.

EL CUCO

Okay, so the only thing I have keeping me from Guardian Lord is maxing out subclasses for my Titan and Warlock. I'd probably have it done by now but I split my leveling between Voidwalker/Sunsinger and Striker/Defender. What's the fastest way to grind XP and get this done?

Grinding bounties. Take advantage now that IB is up for a few easy 5k ones.

Atleast your Guardian Lordship is in your own hands. Mine is in Bungie's bringing back Salvage :(

Deku Tree

Grinding bounties. Take advantage now that IB is up for a few easy 5k ones.

Atleast your Guardian Lordship is in your own hands. Mine is Bungie's bringing back Salvage :(

Oh. That reminds me. If I find some time I should grind some IB bounties for my Hunter to level her up.

Meckaj

Neo Member
Did The Dark Below really add only 4 (PS4) new exotic guns to the game? I haven't seen any talk/screenshots/whatever about any other guns except:

- No Land Beyond
- Dragon's Breath
- 4th Horseman
- Necrochasm

I mean sure, all classes got 2? new exotic armor pieces, but I'd much rather have 1 new armor piece and 8 new guns as guns have a much bigger impact on gameplay than the armor does.

Anyone know of any other new exotic weapons?

See that's what I'm saying, I have no clue how to answer this, I don't get how to relate. You seem to be implying they aren't actually enjoying the game, whereas I sort of assumed they were, but also enjoying the act of bitching about it. If they're really not enjoying the game, but continuing to bitch about it, can you explain why they don't stop playing altogether? :-[

Things I remember from CE blind raid at reset:

1.) Being over-hyped and simultaneously jumping to our deaths before the bridge formed.
2.) That first drop as the music kicked in and the darkness surrounded us... brilliant.
3.) Spectating as "Mattiator has become legend," the sole survivor of the first phase.
4.) Eventually piecing together the bridge phase. Can't wait for the "Templar" fight!
5.) Banging our squishy Lv30 bodies against Crota until World's First posted that a Lv31 was "required." At least we'll have "multiple phases" of Crota to look forward to, and two more loot drops!
6.) Splitting into teams of 3 to hit the grind heavy while bitching and moaning to the high heavens and laughing our asses off about it. Honestly, it's probably the most memorable part.

Obviously I only speak for myself, but that social/community aspect is the only thing keeping me playing now. Anytime I log on, there are multiple groups I can join up with (many non-gaffers too) to the point where I can't remember the last time I played for more than 45 minutes solo. It's also why I can't relate when people talk about "the whining;" it's much closer to "laughing" for me.

zewone

How does this gun compare to the SR from the last Iron Banner (I think it's called Gheleons demise)?

I've been looking for a 331 attack replacement since the Iron Banner SR is capped at 300 :(

It's the best store bought 331 primary easily.

If you don't want to wait to be blessed by RNG, it's the way to go.

I did not buy the SR from Iron Banner (wasn't impressed, plus had VoC) so I can't compare.

Mattiator

Things I remember from CE blind raid at reset:

1.) Being over-hyped and simultaneously jumping to our deaths before the bridge formed.
2.) That first drop as the music kicked in and the darkness surrounded us... brilliant.
3.) Spectating as "Mattiator has become legend," the sole survivor of the first phase.
4.) Eventually piecing together the bridge phase. Can't wait for the "Templar" fight!
5.) Banging our squishy Lv30 bodies against Crota until World's First posted that a Lv31 was "required." At least we'll have "multiple phases" of Crota to look forward to, and two more loot drops!
6.) Splitting into teams of 3 to hit the grind heavy while bitching and moaning to the high heavens and laughing our asses off about it. Honestly, it's probably the most memorable part.

Obviously I only speak for myself, but that social/community aspect is the only thing keeping me playing now. Anytime I log on, there are multiple groups I can join up with (many non-gaffers too) to the point where I can't remember the last time I played for more than 45 minutes solo. It's also why I can't relate when people talk about "the whining;" it's much closer to "laughing" for me.

Hahahahah sounds about right :).
The only thing that keeps me coming back is the gaf community. I am a play every new release kind of guy and this has definitely stopped that in its tracks.

Stubo

If this cheese isn't fixed extremely quickly I'm going to find it difficult to continue playing this game.

Seeing other people stumble into end game content and walk out with ill gotten things which RNG hasn't blessed you with yet after multiple attempts within the rules of the game is something which is always going to leave a horrible taste.

Perhaps this wouldn't be so sharp if the game wasn't as grindy at its core, but as is...I might just be done.

Why say "ouch"? Yes it sounds like a bad deal to spend 16.5K glimmer on green helmets and then dismantle them for class mats. But if I get a glimmer farming crew together we can make 25K glimmer in 40 minutes or so. I think it's much faster to farm class mats this way vs. doing a bunch of roc strikes and destroying your drops.

Anyway I need another 48 of those Hunter class mats to level up my 29 Hunter. Four light away from 30. The grind is real.

I say that because I can't grind. I can spend 3 hours trying to cheese the bridge in the raid, but 15 minutes of shooting cabal and wiping repeatedly is soul crushing. I can barely do bounties anymore. I have the gear and mats to three toons to 31, but can't bring myself to XP level them.

Would anyone be up for cheesing Crota for low leveled alts? I know cheesing seems to be frowned upon now, but I only see this as an opportunity that I can take advantage for the time being. The raid isn't hard by any stretch for anyone who knows what they're doing, but it would be too hard for an underlevelled alt.

Deku Tree

I say that because I can't grind. I can spend 3 hours trying to cheese the bridge in the raid, but 15 minutes of shooting cabal and wiping repeatedly is soul crushing. I can barely do bounties anymore. I have the gear and mats to three toons to 31, but can't bring myself to XP level them.

3 hours cheesing the bridge? Takes like 15 minutes to do it legit. Or do the warlock res cheese.

EDIT The cabal glimmer farm is booring I agree. The GK glimmer farm is actually more fun with a fireteam IMO.

hydruxo

Just got Praxic Fire from a legendary engram after ranking up the Cryptarch! Guess it's time to get going leveling up my Warlock haha.

Coconut

Banned
If this cheese isn't fixed extremely quickly I'm going to find it difficult to continue playing this game.

Seeing other people stumble into end game content and walk out with ill gotten things which RNG hasn't blessed you with yet after multiple attempts within the rules of the game is something which is always going to leave a horrible taste.

Perhaps this wouldn't be so sharp if the game wasn't as grindy at its core, but as is...I might just be done.

An empty and dramatic sob to RNGesus.

Korosenai

Just a little trick for anyone doing the Crota fight who didn't know about this (I didn't until earlier and I've beat Crota multiple times). Do not leave the beginning room until both sides of enemies are cleared, because that fight doesn't officially start until the first person walks out. Every time I've done it we've had someone sprint out and get the chalice, which is unnecessary.

Sane_Man

5 radiant shards and 5 radiant energies is all that dropped for me through all of crota's end! What the fuck Bungee?! Why don't you just spit in my mother's face next time.

3 hours cheesing the bridge? Takes like 15 minutes to do it legit. Or do the warlock res cheese.

Of course, but it was FUN and more challenging to try and take down the sword bearer, fly across, and kill everything on the other side as a 30 without a battlehorn. I wasn't doing it for the loot, but for the challenge.

Never did get it BTW. Something always went wrong.

Top Bottom