• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

joecanada

Just a little trick for anyone doing the Crota fight who didn't know about this (I didn't until earlier and I've beat Crota multiple times). Do not leave the beginning room until both sides of enemies are cleared, because that fight doesn't officially start until the first person walks out. Every time I've done it we've had someone sprint out and get the chalice, which is unnecessary.
Or clear everyone but one, then all die have sunbro revive at 0, and just forget the chalice altogether

Stubo

An empty and dramatic sob to RNGesus.
Don't get me wrong, I've not had horrible luck and I'm not begging the RNG lords for anything in particular, I have all 3 classes at 31 and a nice vault of varied weapons.

Just that the very nature of this game giving you progression for your time and skill is that you feel dragged through the dirt every time one of these ridiculous glitches presents itself. Players who would otherwise be unable to reap the rewards of challenging content (for various reasons, granted) just get a free pass.

It's not as extremely game breaking as hacking was in PSO, however the barriers to entry are also zero - so it feels like a vaguely valid comparison to me.

Navy Bean

Of course, but it was FUN and more challenging to try and take down the sword bearer, fly across, and kill everything on the other side as a 30 without a battlehorn. I wasn't doing it for the loot, but for the challenge.

Never did get it BTW. Something always went wrong.
Can a Warlock make the jump? I did the revive cheese and while it's easy, it's not fun.

Don't get me wrong, I've not had horrible luck and I'm not begging the RNG lords for anything in particular, I have all 3 classes at 31 and a nice vault of varied weapons.

Just that the very nature of this game giving you progression for your time and skill is that you feel dragged through the dirt every time one of these ridiculous glitches presents itself and people who would otherwise be unable to reap the rewards of challenging content (for various reasons, granted) get a free pass.

It's not as extremely game breaking as hacking was in PSO, however the barriers to entry are also zero - so it feels like a vaguely valid comparison to me.

Thing is, if you put in effort and time THEN get rewarded for it, that's fine. But for those of us who have and still gotten screwed over, why shouldn't we cheese? I've cleared the VoG plenty of times, and still haven't got the vex while some people who just pushed him off did get it. So I understand what you mean. But bungie have shown they don't really care about our time put into the game anyway by pretty much resetting our progress after only three months...

I couldn't get a friend in at 27. We carried him at 28.

I got in as a 27 for the first and second chests

Looking to start a VoG Normal raid to take my brother through for the first time. If you are interested, we will be running as soon as we get 6. PS4 The_Reckoning

I'm flying to Istanbul tomorrow and I take my Vita to buy whatever Xur is offering this weekend via remote play. Is there a way to turn of the yellow light on the Ps4 while in rest mode? Do I have to keep the Ps4 in rest mode to remote start it?

Can a Warlock make the jump? I did the revive cheese and while it's easy, it's not fun.

Yeah, reddit has a video. The trick for me was to jump favoring the middle, then steer toward the platform. Don't aim a perfect diagonal toward the platform, it leaves you in the turn back zone too long. There isn't a turn back wall where the bridge forms.

Deku Tree

Of course, but it was FUN and more challenging to try and take down the sword bearer, fly across, and kill everything on the other side as a 30 without a battlehorn. I wasn't doing it for the loot, but for the challenge.

That doesn't sound like cheese.

SkylineRKR

Just to balance all of the yallarhorn posts yesterday...I still don't have one. I've exhausted all potential 2.0 exotic drops on three toons. Looks like I'll be farming the VoG for the rest of the week hoping to get a 1.0.

Until 2 weeks ago I was at zero Horns. Then I got one, and 7 days later it was my first drop in CE, which was the 302 version. Now maxed out and sharded the other.

It will eventually drop, I guess.

Stubo

Thing is, if you put in effort and time THEN get rewarded for it, that's fine. But for those of us who have and still gotten screwed over, why shouldn't we cheese? I've cleared the VoG plenty of times, and still haven't got the vex while some people who just pushed him off did get it. So I understand what you mean. But bungie have shown they don't really care about our time put into the game anyway by pretty much resetting our progress after only three months...
I also still don't have the vex after 14 hard clears, so I do hear you - there's where the "(for various reasons, granted)" came from in my post.

I do completely agree with the resetting our progress after 3 months part though. Maybe that's why this is bugging me so much. It's really starting to feel like I'm a glutton for punishment playing this game, especially since I barely touch the PVP.

Until 2 weeks ago I was at zero Horns. Then I got one, and 7 days later it was my first drop in CE, which was the 302 version. Now maxed out and sharded the other.

It will eventually drop, I guess.

It has to right? Then again, I'm probably due for another midi multi-tool soon. It's been about a week.

I also still don't have the vex after 14 hard clears, so I do hear you - there's where the "(for various reasons, granted)" came from in my post.

I do completely agree with the resetting our progress after 3 months part though. Maybe that's why this is bugging me so much. It's really starting to feel like I'm a glutton for punishment playing this game, especially since I barely touch the PVP.

Yeah, it feels like Stockholm syndrome. While this game has many MANY flaws, what draws me back is having a great moment with others after beating a boss, getting a fantastic drop, great gunplay and just having fun with friends. It's irritating to high hell.

dyergram

I made the mistake of buying dark bellow with my us alt to try and save some cash turns out it's region locked luckily Amazon were kind enough to refund me so time to re buy now. Really enjoying iron banner this time but I can't believe the rank hasn't carried over from last time.

SkylineRKR

It has to right? Then again, I'm probably due for another midi multi-tool soon. It's been about a week.

I still want Hawkmoon. My friend had the same scenario with that thing. He got one 2 weeks ago, and last week a buffed one dropped in ROC.

I get trolled with dupes lately. I never had dupes exotic weapons (besides Mythoclast). But since last week I got another TLW (good I chose not to upgrade mine), and Truth (Same as TLW) out of ROC. Nightfall blessed me with Ice Breaker (upgraded mine already), Crota gave me Universal Remote (lmao) and to top it off, Atheon dropped Mythoclast back to back just a few hours ago. While would settle with an 1.0 Thunderlord, Hawkmoon or Vision of Confluence.

phen0m24

I'm flying to Istanbul tomorrow and I take my Vita to buy whatever Xur is offering this weekend via remote play. Is there a way to turn of the yellow light on the Ps4 while in rest mode? Do I have to keep the Ps4 in rest mode to remote start it?

No and yes. Yellow light stays on. Needs to be in rest mode.

shem935

Banned

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. The agility bonus provided just by holding mida lets you walk faster than the thralls at max weight of darkness. Easiest solo. Just know the route, avoid the holes and jump on the magic rock at the end.

Namikaze1

"alright, so what do you think you're getting? I'm gonna get a scout rifle."

*nightfall rewards screen*

"I told you I was gonna get a scout rifle!"

why can't it look like a pretty moth though?

tumblr_mpzsmxpYBt1socpggo1_500.gif

Stopped trying to solo the bridge as a hunter, I cannot make that fucking jump over there. Playing some GTA now. Glad heists got re-announced.

Edit if people need to get the second chest in the raid I have the bridge checkpoint and we can cheese it (warlock revive + sniping) and I'm more than happy to sit while you switch your characters over and over to get the chest loot. But right now, GTA.

Mindlog

I fear cheese is going to kill the legit solo. Legit solo is really fun and challenging and not just in the cheap nightfall instakill way.

Top Bottom