• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Bogeypop

I'm flying to Istanbul tomorrow

istanbul_constantinople.jpg

Namikaze1

Well, I got the Titan Raid gauntlets and chest. I have more than enough shards to fully maxed one out. I ain't giving up Ruin Wings though so chest it is!

Rubenov

We need a comfortable sword wielder for a Crota Kill... have 4 in orbit right now / have checkpoint.

Could use another lvl 31 as well.

KodaRuss

here's 3 pieces of hunter raid gear with revenant shader

so bad. none of the other shaders look any decent either.

I just have the chest and boots and I like the look a lot. Using the raid shader now or no shader looks good to me. I have the Symbiote Helm with the Red Eclipse cloak.

quoting for those just tuning in and wondering wtf the husk is

ob_09826e_destiny-nechrochasm-evolution.jpg

It's for the Necrochasm exotic AR.

to get the first one to drop

jbShYpy.jpg

you need to kill the Blades of Crota knights. you find them out in patrol on earth or the moon, but it's quicker to farm them on the Fist of Crota DLC mission.

Select the mission (doesn't matter the difficulty) and speed passed all of the adds into the building. When you round the corner you'll see the 3 acolytes doing their ritual. Kill them and the knight who spawns with the sword. After he dies (pick up the sword for good measure) you'll see the Husk of the Pit pop up on the right side of your screen. If it doesn't show up, you have to return to orbit and do it again. Or just give up after an hour and hit up patrol like I did.

After you get it, you need to kill a bunch of hive to unlock the first upgrade (Wake the hive on The Dark Beyond if you want to do it fast. takes 10-15 minutes). However, to unlock the next stage, you need to be Rank 3 with Eris to buy an item to upgrade. Fastest way to do that is to double up on your bounties - do them during the daily reset at 4am EST, and then do them again later in the day.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. The agility bonus provided just by holding mida lets you walk faster than the thralls at max weight of darkness. Easiest solo. Just know the route, avoid the holes and jump on the magic rock at the end.

Is it more than the +2 on other weapons? I may have to take a closer look at it. Hard to upgrade while I'm working on IB, Suros, and SGA.

Namikaze1

Journal Entry #343

I took a small detour after coming across some wary travelers. We headed off to the moon to face off the creature behind all the attacks on mother earth. I kept my promise to the dying Blade of Crota. I made Crota my bitch. I bid my friends farewell to return back on my endless path. It seems the Hive knows their so called god was vanquished for they have attacked me in larger numbers. But I still held my own. My quest, I fear, is far from over.

purg3

slept with Malkin
By fast you mean reliable Sword of Crota spawn per attempt, than yes. The actual Husk drop is still up to RNG.

Yeah that's what I meant lol.

Also, I hate to say it but so far I'm not feeling any of the new raid weapons. I only have 3 so far but I think the VoG counterparts are better. I still need to get the CE rocket and fusion rifle. Black Hammer is cool but if you miss the 3 shot then it kind of sucks. I don't know, I think I just need some more time with them but I'm not overly impressed. I hope the primary weapons stand out a bit more come hard mode.

SkylineRKR

Yeah that's what I meant lol.

Also, I hate to say it but so far I'm not feeling any of the new raid weapons. I only have 3 so far but I think the VoG counterparts are better. I still need to get the CE rocket and fusion rifle. Black Hammer is cool but if you miss the 3 shot then it kind of sucks. I don't know, I think I just need some more time with them but I'm not overly impressed. I hope the primary weapons stand out a bit more come hard mode.

The Black Hammer is pretty sick on Archon Priest et al, basically never ending stun lock. For what its worth, I like the Shotgun a lot. Its my favourite one in the game. Its ridiculously stable combined with high ROF.

But VoG weapons are better for sure. Not many weapons really beat Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence and Corrective Measure. And lets not forget the Mythoclast.

Journal Entry #343

I took a small detour after coming across some wary travelers. We headed off to the moon to face off the creature behind all the attacks on mother earth. I kept my promise to the dying Blade of Crota. I made Crota my bitch. I bid my friends farewell to return back on my endless path. It seems the Hive knows their so called god was vanquished for they have attacked me in larger numbers. But I still held my own. My quest, I fear, is far from over.
You have my sword

Top Bottom