• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

EL CUCO

I have tasted Crotas blood first hand
tumblr_m3lafv5dQx1qlsbm0o1_500.gif

Great run, Deku, Dvpredator, Mildsoss and Thanks to Sensei Drizzay for showing me the path.

Bogeypop

Got a Legendary Engram that turned into a Fusion Rifle... I swear this game knows I HATE Fusion Rifles. Already have Plan C 2.0 and Light of the Abyss. I desperately crave a better Legendary Scout Rifle. Vision of Confluence still eludes me. I'm not even being greedy and asking for the Vex Mythoclast here, throw a dog a bone RNGesus.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lost a game of Iron Banner by 75 pts. At the end of the game I was in a control spot and had it 90% filled.
Where was the closest teammate???

Crouched a foot outside the ring. Guy finished sign a single capture. He was active with kills but we would have won that game is this moron knew how to play it at all.

Ozone

What level would you guys recommend before considering trying VoG for the first time? Is it 30, or would upper 20s be competent?

I hope they make hard so that once you pick up a sword you can't pick up any others. That way you'll at least need 3 people who can run sword.

Yeah, frankly I'm shocked they didn't introduce some type of mechanic for this in normal raid. Atheon teleports are still random on normal....

I have tasted Crotas blood first hand
Great run, Deku, Dvpredator, Mildsoss. Thanks to Sensei Drizzay for showing me the path.

Haha I didn't have much to teach, you were a natural. You stomped him good, it was great. Hopefully everyone will get some Crota kills in soon, it really is a uniquely thrilling experience.

What level would you guys recommend before considering trying VoG for the first time? Is it 30, or would upper 20s be competent?

26 at the very least. 27 would be recommended if you have more new people. Anything above that is a bonus. But if you run with people who have done it and are higher then you can roll sufficiently with a 26. This is assuming Normal mode.

R0ckman

I like the new raiders I've teamed up with in GAF, but I miss my old GAF group, getting together every week for VoG, I think a handful of them got the Destiny spell broken and only occasionally hop on, or they saw the DLC quality and that was the last straw.

Ozone

normal: 27-28
hard: 29-30

you can get to 31 with vendor/iron banner gear though.

26 at the very least. 27 would be recommended if you have more new people. Anything above that is a bonus. But if you run with people who have done it and are higher then you can roll sufficiently with a 26. This is assuming Normal mode.

I would say 27 would be a good starting point, but if you can push it to level 28 by all means go for it.
Thanks for info! I'm currently at 27 and will see if I can get to 28 before coming in here and seeing if I can take a crack at it. Seems intimidating/exciting.

Thanks for info! I'm currently at 27 and will see if I can get to 28 before coming in here and seeing if I can take a crack at it. Seems intimidating/exciting.

27 is completely do-able, but enemies and more importantly bosses will have scaled to 28 by the end. So it will be more fun for you if you are 28 and not at a level disadvantage, so you can contribute more readily. Make sure to do it with less experienced people or at least people who won't mind taking things slower and letting you learn the mechanics. Lots of experienced guides here.

speaking of levels, i'm curious: what's the reason everyone isn't a level 31 right now? is the vendor gear exclusive to the expansion? i thought most people would have bought a full set and nearly maxed it by now.

Arrrammis

Dude killed it with the sword and on a warlock with shitty glide nonetheless!

Man, so much hate on the warlock jump. I still use it to get further and higher than anything titans or hunters have. It just takes actually knowing when to hit the second jump depending on how high/far you want to go. Offers way more control once you get it down.

Frenden

Banned
speaking of levels, i'm curious: what's the reason everyone isn't a level 31 right now? is the vendor gear exclusive to the expansion? i thought most people would have bought a full set and nearly maxed it by now.
I have the armor maxed xp wise but sunk all my shards into IB gear across three characters prior to the DLC. I need to run VoG for ass mats. Boo.

Arrrammis

Probably some people don't realize it, and still think VoG is the only way to 30, and from there CE gets you 31 and 32. Or people are just devoted to "earning" their gear through RNG.

purg3

slept with Malkin

I'm assuming it's a mix of getting commendations and the weekly cap on marks. I timed my rank ups and capped marks before the expansion dropped that way I could get to 31 on day one. Not everyone planned ahead or has the time I guess to do so.

Maybe a mat issue too if you didn't run VoG on the regular and acquire a stock of them.

Izuna

Banned
So, I make sure I am online when it hits 9AM, take quests then complete them, then re-login to do them again?

In the meantime, anyone on Xbone need a swordbearer or help with anything at all? Got a couple of hours of nothing, just invite Izuna Lasky, I'll be playing Puyo Tetris.

i didn't mean anything asking that by the way. it's only been a week so i don't expect players without alts or a lot of free time to have leveled so quickly. was just wondering how the gear was distributed since some of my 33 light armor is labeled "expansion" and some isn't.

I'm assuming it's a mix of getting commendations and the weekly cap on marks. I timed my rank ups and capped marks before the expansion dropped that way I could get to 31 on day one. Not everyone planned ahead or has the time I guess to do so.

Maybe a mat issue too if you didn't run VoG on the regular and acquire a stock of them.

the cap definitely sucks. i foolishly spent my marks as soon as the expansion dropped and if i didn't have an alt i wouldn't have been able to hit 31 either. i can't buy anything with vanguard until next week even if i hit the cap.

i'm not in need of mats but i'd like to try for VoC again tomorrow afternoon. Will make a post to get a raid going. The vault of glass is definitely not short on ass.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I got all three up to lvl 31 just now to due to 1) school(finals), 2) marks spent on materials, thus being short and having to wait till reset 3) not doing bounties/dailies. Basically wait till easy 5k pve ones. 4)getting back into warfame as they added a lot while I way paying this plus destiny's lack of content. Nightfall/weeklies/raid is pretty much it and i only due the 1st two to get coins/exotics. Still got titan/hunter to 31 right away and got 3 raids in so not too bad.

I have like 150 hours in the game and am still not level 31, but nearly there. You would think I would hit level 31 out of the gate but I used my last Ass Shard upgrading my VoG gear to level 30 literally hours before the DLC hit thinking it was a good investment...

I have had 31 capable gear for days, but I am still 10 shards short of reaching it. I only have time to run VoG once a week and just don't have the shards.

The DLC is so back-assward, that I would actually be level 31 right now had I not touched the game for the last month since I did have a bunch of shards stockpiled before upgrading VoG gear. I'm actually a little bitter about this. I feel my time is disrespected and I was not able to make good progression decisions due to a lack of information from Bungie.

A little late but you can run it as lvl25 with a good team but I guess I ran it plenty of times to know what I am doing. :p I actually helped my buddy do the VoG and he is a lvl25. If you want to run it sometimes let me know, be happy to help some new raiders out the first time.

Ozone

can you make a raid tomorrow at 8:15est?
Not sure if tomorrow is good. Might not be home in time. Sorry. :(
A little late but you can run it as lvl25 with a good team. :) I actually helped my buddy do the VoG and he is a lvl25. If you want to run it sometimes let me know, be happy to help some new raiders out the first time.
Will do, thanks! I feel like I'll need a patient guide, haha. PSN ID is Ozone31.

I have like 150 hours in the game and am still not level 31, but nearly there. You would think I would hit level 31 out of the gate but I used my last Ass Shard upgrading my VoG gear to level 30 literally hours before the DLC hit thinking it was a good investment...

I have had 31 capable gear for days, but I am still 10 shards short of reaching it. I only have time to run VoG once a week and just don't have the shards.

The DLC is so back-assward, that I would actually be level 31 right now had I not touched the game for the last month since I did have a bunch of shards stockpiled before upgrading VoG gear. I'm actually a little bitter about this. I feel my time is disrespected and I was not able to make good progression decisions due to a lack of information from Bungie.

back assward indeed. Bungie needs to stop using twitter to communicate crucial bits of information about their game. They already have an in-game banner for new events, so they should multi-purpose it. "Hey guardians, don't spend all your exotic shards and glimmer yet because next week you'll be able to upgrade your old exotics!"

Man, so much hate on the warlock jump. I still use it to get further and higher than anything titans or hunters have. It just takes actually knowing when to hit the second jump depending on how high/far you want to go. Offers way more control once you get it down.

No version of a warlock jump can get anywhere near the height of Titan with upgraded height. They have the only true "ups" of any class.

So, I make sure I am online when it hits 9AM, take quests then complete them, then re-login to do them again?

Assuming that is the reset time for your time zone, yes.

There are a ton of PS4 players here. It's usually assumed to be PS4 unless people specify otherwise so you are in good shape. I definitely recommend reading Hawkian's guides in the OT OP and try to get up to Lv25+. Then you can really start doing some of the more fun PvE stuff like Vault of Glass raid and weekly and nightfall strikes. Should be a lot easier to catch up to higher levels with the new 33 light vendor gear etc.

Thanks for the advice! I hit 22 tonight, so I'm on my way.

Thanks for the advice! I hit 22 tonight, so I'm on my way.

Awesome, glad to hear it! Soon you will be one of us... One of us, one of us!

Which subclass perks work best to jump highest? I cant seem to jump as high with my Titan but i can fly with my Lock!

Increased Height, the top bubble on both subclasses. You can jump straight from the ground to Crota's platform, the only class that can. So good.gif, etc.

Awesome, glad to hear it! Soon you will be one of us... One of us, one of us!

Increased Height, the top bubble on both subclasses. You can jump straight from the ground to Crota's platform, the only class that can. So good.gif, etc.

Cool, thanks. The Titan is my 3rd class I made but it's beginning to be my favorite haha

SharkJAW

No version of a warlock jump can get anywhere near the height of Titan with upgraded height. They have the only true "ups" of any class.
Yup.
Glide doesn't offer the height of lift or the mobility of double/triple jump. It's an in-between and the in-between isn't appealing. I've used all three classes and Hunter is my favorite. Great mobility and great perks for solo play.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not sure if tomorrow is good. Might not be home in time. Sorry. :(
Will do, thanks! I feel like I'll need a patient guide, haha. PSN ID is Ozone31.

Bummer!

I do weekly newbie raids, with explanations and lore, 8:15PM thursday if you can ever make it :)

If 9 would work, I can delay tomorrow no problem. Haven't done signups yet.

They got ragged on at launch but have become the best all around utility class in the Raids, and that's what really counts.

I've always hated going against Titan smash in PvP because I felt it was the 1 super where it's impossible to kill the user during. But love being or having them in both pve and PvP

Top Bottom