• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I feel like those of us without icebreakers/horns aren't going to prove very useful in the raid, just based on what people are requesting.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You're a cool dude. We can play again anytime.

Thanks. I definitely enjoyed playing with you and would love to play more in the future. The raid was a definite blast. I still can't believe we made it past the first part without lanterns and chugging respawns the entire way through. Definitely the highlight out of all my plays in Destiny. We had serious troopers in our fireteam.

I feel like those of us without icebreakers/horns aren't going to prove very useful in the raid, just based on what people are requesting.

Skill and other people's stuff can easily make up for this so don't feel discouraged. Plus you can always be relegated to being a Jedi if you don't have the items. =)

Yeah, that was a pretty smooth run. Great work with the sword. You'll be a pro with it in no time. Only shards this time from Crota, but I can't complain since I've been getting some great drops over all my runs so far. Need those shards anyway. They're the only thing standing in my way to level 32.

Greenhorn?! You fooled me, then! You rocked that sword exceptionally well. Hitting Crota from the center was new for all of us, so I expected it to take some tries. You handled it very well. I am glad we nabbed ya! :)

Same thing here. I'll take the shards, even if they shards don't make my character look cool.

I had a lot of fun this go around. Knowing what was to come and not banging our heads against the wall on a new encounter really eased the stress levels. Don't get me wrong, I loved hitting Crota's End from the moment it went live, but this week was a lot more relaxing. Ha!

I can't wait to get back in there next week and watch our time cut even shorter.

Thanks. It really is different, but overall I do prefer it to that first couple of attempts on the right side. And hell, I really do want to see if I can pull off another possible 4-hit/kneel. The possibility of getting 7 hits on Crota per sword spawn (sword likely disappears before 8) is rather exciting.

And seriously, we pulled together really well in that first part when we had to go through the entire area without lamps and most of the team down for a good deal of it. Can't wait for next week.

Dante316

I will definitely have to fully lvl my ruin wings so I can deal more damage. Ruin wings are a must if you rock that ghallarhorn. Luckily im few nodes away from it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

You can still help out with killing the sword bearer and taking down Crota's shields. You only really need one person with the Horn. You can have another for taking down the sword bearer quicker.

kayos90

You can still help out with killing the sword bearer and taking down Crota's shields. You only really need one person with the Horn. You can have another for taking down the sword bearer quicker.

You either need one horn and another rocket with sniper shots. Or you need 3 rockets with sniper shots. Either way it's fine.

LiK

I will definitely have to fully lvl my ruin wings so I can deal more damage. Ruin wings are a must if you rock that ghallarhorn. Luckily im few nodes away from it.

Totally. It was dropping so much heavy for me. Does it also help allies? They seem to see a lot of heavy ammo like me.

kayos90

Totally. It was dropping so much heavy for me. Does it also help allies? They seem to see a lot of heavy ammo like me.

I don't think so. However, I do thing Ruin Wings is definitely the best Titan exotic in the game at the moment. Watch it be another gjallerhorn situation where it doesn't show in Xur forever.

LiK

I don't think so. However, I do thing Ruin Wings is definitely the best Titan exotic in the game at the moment. Watch it be another gjallerhorn situation where it doesn't show in Xur forever.

Glad I got CE Chest drop from earlier. Ruin wings look good with it.

Dante316

Lol yea it seems like they do, maybe we are noticing it more because ruin users get it more. But im just happy its not just plus 1 or 2, I got plus 3 and 4 at times.

kayos90

Glad I got CE Chest drop from earlier. Ruin wings look good with it.

The hunter and Titan CE chest look great. The warlock one looks like hot garbage though. It's like they ripped something out of The Lord of the Rings and decided to put a Destiny spin on it. Just terrible.

CLBridges

Crota down again for the week. Got Black Hammer sniper (again), energy/shader/emblem, was hoping for Warlock helm but maybe next week. Guess I'll work toward getting my hunter to 30 by the end of the week and possibly beat it again.

Dante316

The hunter and Titan CE chest look great. The warlock one looks like hot garbage though. It's like they ripped something out of The Lord of the Rings and decided to put a Destiny spin on it. Just terrible.

I disagree on the warlock chest..it looks dope.

LiK

lol, I think it looks good once you get the matching helm.

Frenden

Banned
Lol yea it seems like they do, maybe we are noticing it more because ruin users get it more. But im just happy its not just plus 1 or 2, I got plus 3 and 4 at times.

I haven't leveled mine up yet. I need a new chest to swap with Armamentarium. Is the drop rate increase big enough to use a heavy almost as a primary?

Dante316

I haven't leveled mine up yet. I need a new chest to swap with Armamentarium. Is the drop rate increase big enough to use a heavy almost as a primary?

I wouldn't put it like that but try getting heavy ammo at the 33% of of the special ammo. It gives you nearly all rockets back with 2 heavy ammo drops. Makes using more manageable.

Ozone

I never have friends to help me with the weekly strikes, and I need coins/materials. :( Would anyone on PS4 be willing to help me out now? ID is Ozone31.

joecanada

People are so lazy and dramatic. You can use any maxed weapons, the raid is not that hard seeing as how you can just buy your way to 31... I'd gladly raid with anyone who's decently smart and has fun.
I did the raid with a group last night 3 gjallarhorn, 2 icebreakers, I don't even think I took a hit. 5-7 minutes to beat crota, was hardly even really fun just something to do.

joecanada

VoG is fucked.

We keep getting an issue where the Oracles pop up one right after the other so there's no time to kill them all. Fun game.

Yeah it's pretty sad they just moved on from VoG without giving a fuck. Oracles always glitch sometimes you cant kill them at all. Was at Templar the other day with like 3 31s couldn't even cheese it. Sad but poetic perhaps

Yeah it's pretty sad they just moved on from VoG without giving a fuck. Oracles always glitch sometimes you cant kill them at all. Was at Templar the other day with like 3 31s couldn't even cheese it. Sad but poetic perhaps

I'm still fairly pissed off that the Vex conflux spawns aren't fixed at this point. It's generally not much of an issue, but when things start getting intense it just unnecessarily compounds it and all the other issues.

Also kept getting marked for negation when jumping over fanatic pools. Never had that issue before, but it was suddenly a thing today. Again, not terrible on its own but a true pain in the ass and possible wipe instigation under many circumstances.

Thanks for all those who raided with me. It was fun filled with analogies, cursing, insanity, and figuring out that we actually didn't need a hunter with invis to kill Crota. lolz

Definitely don't need invis. All 3 classes can kill him easily (El Cuco just wiped him out as warlock). Titan jump with height is amazing for Crota kills.

Got Black Hammer from Crota tonight,
and then The Devil You Don't from a blue engram! With Return to Sender and Third Eye. Thank you Cryptarch!

LordofPwn

Definitely don't need invis. All 3 classes can kill him easily (El Cuco just wiped him out as warlock). Titan jump with height is amazing for Crota kills.
I hope they make hard so that once you pick up a sword you can't pick up any others. That way you'll at least need 3 people who can run sword.

Top Bottom