• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

I am looking to do a Crota run either tonight (GMT) or tomorrow with a few others but we might need some GAF bros to jump in!

I have the Deathsinger check point and we WILL be cheesing Crota for 2 or 3 alts.

If anyone is interested to join, let me know.

Level 30 or 31 for Deathsinger but then I have no issue if anyone wishes to swap to an under-leveled alt at Crota since we will be cheesing.

PSN: MandrakeUK

panda-zebra

I saw it posted earlier and had this happen to me, can anyone else confirm picking up a second husk with a character crashes the game on ps4? Or maybe it only happens doing this during a public event?

Thanks. I'm assuming this won't work for my other characters then?

that's right, soon as you sign out you're into the next day for real. Beyond the initial Eris quest and bounties there's no reason I can see to level her multiple times as a Warlock can buy the Hunter and Titan items from her, it's not locked as with Vanguard. Of course, levelling items with the exp is still useful, especially with how easy some of her requests are (others not so much).

SharkJAW

Being logged in on a character counts, period, right? Just finished a raid with a fellow gaffer 1 minute past the reset. Ehh, either way, it's one day's worth missed, at worst.

Izuna

Banned
2 bounties? Eris, what's wrong with you
Edit: drassill, I'll be running Roc again just for the engrams. Hop in, if you'd like.

The other two will pop up when you relog, this trick doesn't let you redo quests you did before the reset, which makes some sense.

I fucking missed it though.

Jinjo

I don't think I ever completed the VoG and just got 3 shards. I at least got something else along side it

Hardly even worth the effort

Uhm, Chatterwhite + 3 shards was a pretty normal drop for Atheon normal. Sometimes you'd get a gun or ship maybe, but it wasn't guaranteed. So yeah, if you count chatterwhite as something else you're technically right. Otherwise you just had some ridiculous RNG luck if you managed to get a gun every single time.

panda-zebra

She only had 1 quest for me and the other was for Hunter Class only. ;__;

Yes, explained earlier in the thread but others who posted later didn't pass this bit along - if the bounties are same as the previous day, they will not show at reset. Today has been 1st day I've sen only 1 new bounty, so looks like the 7 melee hits is the only new one for us today. :/ The full set will be there when you go back in after signing out, but unless you are a hunter, you only got 1 extra today...

Bogeypop

Being logged in on a character counts, period, right? Just finished a raid with a fellow gaffer 1 minute past the reset. Ehh, either way, it's one day's worth missed, at worst.

And yes, it doesn't matter where you are so long as you're logged in before 3 AM CST. Though since yesterday there's been an odd short-supply if you do the bounty trick. Maybe Bungie's gotten wise to it?

Edit: drassill, I'll be running Roc again just for the engrams. Hop in, if you'd like.

Normally I'd say I'd be down for some Roc after I finish these Bounties, but I think I'm probably done for the day after I do them. If I can finish them quickly, and aren't tired I'll let you know.

SharkJAW

And yes, it doesn't matter where you are so long as you're logged in before 3 AM CST.

Normally I'd say I'd be down for some Roc after I finish these Bounties, but I think I'm probably done for the day after I do them. If I can finish them quickly, and aren't tired I'll let you know.
Cool, sure thing.

bosseye

Ha, had a brief go at a blind Crota's End run. Got nowhere. Grabbed the first chest (some sort of crappy class item) and then ran around blindly in the dark. Eventually we figured out
you need to leg it and light the towers (and not fall in holes)
, it was just finesse that let us down, then we ran out of time and had to stop.

Right back into this now after almost trading. Dropped back to Level 28 when I bought a new +33 set of Gauntlets, the're now fully upgraded so almost level 30 now; I expect this to drop to mid 29 again when I've finally got that fucking Vanguard Commendation (I've had to rank up from just after 4 all the way to 5 so 2500 rep) and enough marks to buy a new +33 chest piece, but I expect to hit at least 30 once I've levelled that up a bit.

The grind is real. And I don't mind.

Nuszka

In the same boat here , only i have not received anything from the entire raid except radiants wich in end result will still be needed. But would be nice to get a piece of raid gear or weapon to upgrade and enjoy something fresh, not even asking for exotics :)

KeRaSh

I am looking to do a Crota run either tonight (GMT) or tomorrow with a few others but we might need some GAF bros to jump in!

I have the Deathsinger check point and we WILL be cheesing Crota for 2 or 3 alts.

Level 30 or 31 for Deathsinger but then I have no issue if anyone wishes to swap to an under-leveled alt at Crota since we will be cheesing.

When do you want to go? I'm asuming PS4?

Jinjo

I'm down for tonight. Lv 31 Titan and two alts are 29. I have you on my list, I think.

Nuszka

I am in as well level 31 titan psn nuszka , what time ?

ocean

Banned

I'm down, 30 Warlock. What time? My PSN is a_javierp.

Greenymac

Just let me know if you need me...I gotta work but will be around about 11 pm gmt daily and this weekend Im ready whenever.

GlamFM

Banned
OK Guys,

I finally completed Crotas End yesterday, I´m ready to give you my final verdict on this DLC.

IT`S CRAP.

The missions are... whatever..

Both strikes are BY FAR (and I´m not exaggerating) the worst in the entire game.

The new Raid isn´t half as good/long/clever/well designed/fun/unique as the VoG.

I think it would have been really important for this DLC to be really good for the future of this game (not of this franchise though), but it is not.

It´s a huge failure and I´m pretty sure the active player-base has shrunken dramatically since the release.

My group of regulars is entirely gone!

We were 8 RL friends, all of them bought the DLC - NO ONE IS PLAYING ANYMORE.

This is why I have been playing with so many of you nice gaffers for the past days.

I still love Destiny and I will keep playing.

I cant wait for the next DLC (DO NOT CALL IT EXPANSION!)

But The Dark Below is a disaster.

OK Guys,

I finally completed Crotas End yesterday, I´m ready to give you my final verdict on this DLC.

IT`S CRAP.

Both strikes are BY FAR (and I´m not exaggerating) the worst in the entire game.

The new Raid isn´t half as good/long/clever/well designed/fun/unique as the VoG.

I think it would have been really important for this DLC to be really good for the future of this game (not of this franchise though), but it is not.

It´s a huge failure and I´m pretty sure the active player-base has shrunken dramatically since the release.

This is why I have been playing with so many of you nice gaffers for the past days.

The dark below shouldn't even be DLC. It should have been shipped with the original game to begin with, just like house of wolves should have also.

Jinjo

OK Guys,

IT`S CRAP.

I think it's more that people are done with the endless bullshit grinding. Not everyone feels like redoing the entire grind all over again. Basicly you have to get to the new lv29 (now lv31) all over again in order to grind to the new 30 (level 32). Not to mention having to relevel all your old exotic gear. The content is pretty much the same quality as the base game. I'm definitely playing a lot less now than I did before.

MaxiLive

Yeah I played the DLC a bit but I've given up after learning that all my current gear is like 80% useless for future progression so the 10s of hours I put in when the game came out has been nullified.

Add to that the knowledge that this is going to happen again with the next DLC pack. I really don't feel like grinding for a few weeks to get the new gear I need plus deal with the extra 2/3 different resource systems they've added just for it to be killed off again. The new resources are one of the biggest killing points for me It was hard enough dealing with the convoluted currency systems of vanguard, crucible marks, materials, ass shards etc etc etc. Now 3 or so systems have been added on top of those that are all even more time consuming than the previous ones?!

k1t4j

Just let me know if you need me...I gotta work but will be around about 11 pm gmt daily and this weekend Im ready whenever.

If you need my help PSN:Kitaj84 (think we are friends already)

Not sure what cheese is this you talk of but If i can get my 27 alt in for a chance of loot I'll jump in :p

KeRaSh

OK Guys,

IT`S CRAP.

Funny thing is... My friends who stopped playing when they hit 30 before the DLC are back and enjoying the grind to 32.
Anecdotal evidence and stuff, right?

GlamFM

Banned
I think it's more that people are done with the endless bullshit grinding. Not everyone feels like redoing the entire grind all over again. Basicly you have to get to the new lv29 (now lv31) all over again in order to grind to the new 30 (level 32). Not to mention having to relevel all your old exotic gear. The content is pretty much the same quality as the base game. I'm definitely playing a lot less now than I did before.

I don´t mind the grind. I do mind the quality though.

I completely disagree with you. No aspect of this DLC reaches the Quality of the base game.

Funny thing is... My friends who stopped playing when they hit 30 before the DLC are back and enjoying the grind to 32.
Anecdotal evidence and stuff, right?

RIGHT! ;)

RickD

OK Guys,

IT`S CRAP.

I just think Bungie haven't got a fucking clue what they are doing, what they should be doing or why people are so upset about the game. They really need to start involving more of the community in decisions they make with the game, as it's blatantly obvious they've made the wrong ones in a lot of ways. There are so many good ideas i've read that would improve the game that have come from the community. And some really good constructive criticism.
They seem quite naive and taken aback by some of the community reaction. And It's like amateur hour in some ways, i mean you can solo 2/3 of the CE raid! and it's not like these exploits are found months afterwards either!

Anyway, I got Gjallahorn from the first Raid chest solo, so i'm not complaining too loudly :p

well i might as well add my "review" of the DLC.

• Story Mission Fist of Crota: was nice to use the blast area again and finally have a reason to go in the grotto, but it was ultimately too short and felt more like something i'd pick up from a patrol beacon.
  • Story Mission Siege of the Warmind: the arrival of one of the first areas discovered way back in the alpha was... underwhelming. vestige mechanic was interesting but in the end it amounts to more of the same: wave after wave of enemies in one room and then you've saved the day. yet i still don't know who the hell rasputin is.
  • Story Mission The Wakening: only full length mission (even though most is the chamber of night mission retread). new area was cool and it felt like i did something relevant to whatever story is in the game.
  • The new vendor Eris is just another faceless vendor with ugly gear and a bunch of corny dialog i ignore while choosing the next bounty to grind... which i probably already did the day before. these quests have a few clever differences, but she's ultimately another faction with another currency. Eris herself is just more direct than dinklebot in terms of throwing pieces of the story at me, but she doesn't bring a cutscene with her or any relevance to the tower. She's basically a walking grimoire card that's possessed my ghost.
  • Strike "Omnigul's Closet" is a poorly designed strike that strings together two story missions and then teases the player with a new area, only for you to wind up camping in a dark 2x2 room or dodging blue balls of light hoping you don't get a seizure before you manage to find a safe spot to shoot the boss from. this strike literally gives me headaches.
  • Strike Undying Mind (PS4) is the black garden backwards. it's only prolonged by a ridiculous amount of adds, even going as far as to put a wall in your face if you're going too fast. final boss is the nexus mind with 3 shields instead of one, but at least you can jump around and play destiny your way during the fight. shooting gallery is the best way to describe this strike, but it's really just a bunch of add spawns with no flow. don't expect clever encounter design.
  • the Crota's End Raid has some fun mechanics and feels more deliberate and refined than vault of glass. but its short length and underwhelming third act leave me unsatisfied and expecting more. i'm still challenged to execute my role in the vault of glass today, but i'm already coasting through crota's end. there's also the lack of loot in a specific section, leading players to ignore it completely while they're grinding for the scarce radiant materials.
  • PvP map Cauldron is one of the better crucible maps in the game, with a simple yet balanced and coehsive layout and a pleasing aesthetic. destiny's poor spawn system is the only thing holding it back.
  • PvP map Pantheon is the first true symmetric map and has some interesting areas that make it feel like it's trying to be a classic. however, its endless hallways and oversegmentation break its flow and stretch it needlessly, creating gameplay with no rhyme or reason.
  • PvP map Skyshock is a vehicle map and that says it all. it's another failed attempt at catering to gameplay that doesn't suit destiny, only it manages to exacerbate the problems of its predecessors by being larger, flatter, and more visually cluttered. if you like roaming around in an interceptor until someone snipes you, or running around sniping the guys in interceptors, then enjoy.
  • most of the new armor is tacky and doesn't carry the stats that matter to me. why wont they let you reforge regular armor?
  • most of the new legendary weapons are mediocre and less effective than the ones you currently own. however, since they come in at a higher attack value, they're automatically better than the gear you've already labored over, including everything you won from the previous raid. at least there are some cool rares.
  • Xur has too much purpose and is only available for two days, making the only way to keep the weapons you've worked for relevant an incredible nuisance. give the gunsmith a job already
  • glimmer is too relevant too suddenly, with the only method of obtaining it in a timely fashion likely to be patched soon.
  • Iron Banner's bounties are the exact same as they were last time and the rewards aren't worth the rep required to unlock them. it's also way too soon for another PvP event.

if TDB is largely indicative of what to expect in house of wolves and next year's comet expansion, then i think it's a flop. although recent patches have improved the game considerably, Bungie still doesn't appear to have a handle on the game. The Dark Below doesn't respect your time investment and insults your intelligence, duping you into believing you've paid for "all new content" when half of it is comprised of launch areas in reverse. had i known i'd have been paying for the privilege of add spawns in an area of the game i'd already run through a million times, i would have been less likely to preorder the expansions in advance. i want more of destiny, but i don't expect the chef to ask me to vomit when i order seconds.

the amount of "new stuff" packed in here would normally make it fair deal, but the audacity of Bungie to charge us $20 for content we already bought and essentially throw everyone back into grinding the same shit they just grinded after only 3 months invalidates that value. it's a ripoff.

this doesn't necessarily mean i hate it. the dlc is fun because destiny at its core is great to play with friends. i've said before that i feel guilty for enjoying this though because i'm supporting such an ass backwards business model and a company taking advantage of their fanbase.

deadduck

Although the strikes are a bit boring in the new DLC, the CE is so much more fun than VoG.

Blasted through it in a hour yesterday, taking a freshman along with the normal raid group. Having to balance DPS with speed and not attacking some NME's is fun.

Doing VoG afterwards was so stale and slow.

SkylineRKR

I honestly feel the 2 new strikes are the best in the game. They're balls to the walls shooting, without dinklebot interrupting. And the bosses spawn almost immediately.

Bitch Witch is shit because of the room, but the rest of the strike is fine. And beside Arc Burn I have no problems to unload Swordbreaker in her face. She has no AoE within CQC range bullshit. Pop Ether seeds at start, and Black Wax at Hive cave.

The Black Garden reverse is just a shooting gallery which is fine with me. Pop a Blue at the start and before the final part and get rich.

I actually start to find CE underwhelming. The boss is constructed so that one guy has to do it, and the others just DPS. But in theory one guy could also do that part (if hes loaded like me, with 331 Horn, and a maxed Sniper with high ROF. I feel incredibly bored when I'm not SC. I rather hold teleports or blast Oracles. Atheon could be done with 3 or even 2, but you needed warlock cheese. Rest of the Raid... its a tad short isn't it. And they should add loot to the third part, I know most people skip it.

The Crucible maps? Have played Moon and Skyshock. Skyshock is hands down the worst in the game.

Top Bottom