• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Shito

Yup.

Glide doesn't offer the height of lift or the mobility of double/triple jump. It's an in-between and the in-between isn't appealing. I've used all three classes and Hunter is my favorite. Great mobility and great perks for solo play.
For solo PVE I would actually put Hunters a good last.
Sunsinger and Defender supers are lifesavers in a lot of tight situations.

i didn't mean anything asking that by the way. it's only been a week so i don't expect players without alts or a lot of free time to have leveled so quickly. was just wondering how the gear was distributed since some of my 33 light armor is labeled "expansion" and some isn't.

the cap definitely sucks. i foolishly spent my marks as soon as the expansion dropped and if i didn't have an alt i wouldn't have been able to hit 31 either. i can't buy anything with vanguard until next week even if i hit the cap.

i'm not in need of mats but i'd like to try for VoC again tomorrow afternoon. Will make a post to get a raid going. The vault of glass is definitely not short on ass.

I XP leveled some 33 gear, but decided to not sink any mats into them. I'll level exotics and raid gear mixed with my VoG stuff to hit 31. Really no hurry since sword bearer is the only thing that needs 31. Even that I think could be done by a 30 if the team isnon point.

SharkJAW

For solo PVE I would actually put Hunters a good last.
Sunsinger and Defender supers are lifesavers in a lot of tight situations.
Ehh, Titans are PvE gods for sure, but Sunsinger doesn't beat Hunter's subclasses for me. Sunsinger feels like "Let me save my super for when I fuck up" as opposed to actual contribution. Voidwalker can be nice, at times.

Zocano

Titans are the only classes anyone should ever be playing.

Hunters exist just to satisfy PVP doofuses and Warlocks are mages that can't break out of the shooter mold enough to be useful.

Titans are masterclass and shit on the other two from a great height and all cooperative experiences would be simple if people just played more titans.

I did the hard VoG raid tonight an e got this cool primary weapon with void damage. Is it still useful despite capping at 300? Or is it just better to stick with my Suros Regime 2.0?

kidko

Ehh, Titans are PvE gods for sure, but Sunsinger doesn't beat Hunter's subclasses for me. Sunsinger feels like "Let me save my super for when I fuck up" as opposed to actual contribution. Voidwalker can be nice, at times.

It can be that, but you can also rise above that base mentality and decide when it's worth giving up a last ditch save in exchange for either some grenade bombing or a risky maneuver like a dangerous rez

Izuna

Banned
Blade Dancer helps me skip 70% of all missions, and blink strike on Crota is very useful...

Also Don't Touch Me may have the best Armour perk.

joecanada

Ya until you use ressurect to negate the bridge and chalice completely, and a sunbro with light beyond nemesis revives your entire crew in 10 seconds flat. But ya other than that, totally useless. oh and the Templar cheese and the Atheon cheese and the double grenade for lamps runs... Just off the top of my head you know

Steroyd

Ya until you use ressurect to negate the bridge and chalice completely, and a sunbro with light beyond nemesis revives your entire crew in 10 seconds flat. But ya other than that, totally useless. oh and the Templar cheese and the Atheon cheese and the double grenade for lamps runs... Just off the top of my head you know

You're not making that great of a case if we're resorting to talking about Sunbros being the most glitchiest game breaking class in the game.

Bogeypop

Anyone up for some Roc Strikes? I'm bored until Bounty resets, plus I need a ton for my Bad Juju and Invective bounties.

PSN: drassill

Izuna

Banned
You're not making that great of a case if we're resorting to talking about Sunbros being the most glitchiest game breaking class in the game.

What's wrong with glitches? Atheon didn't get patched for long enough for people to boost through people. Now in the next Raid they can do a similar thing, that makes them awesome.

joecanada

So you never do any cheese then, ever? OK then each to their own I don't feel bad at all so say what you will.
Same old story " only noobs use x class/gun/perk"

Ambitious

Why say "ouch"? Yes it sounds like a bad deal to spend 16.5K glimmer on green helmets and then dismantle them for class mats. But if I get a glimmer farming crew together we can make 25K glimmer in 40 minutes or so. I think it's much faster to farm class mats this way vs. doing a bunch of roc strikes and destroying your drops.

Anyway I need another 48 of those Hunter class mats to level up my 29 Hunter. Four light away from 30. The grind is real.

Wow. I presume you're doing the Gatekeeper method? Are you going to do this again before Xur arrives tomorrow? I could need some glimmer, but I'm going to be out all day. I'm going to be back at about 6pm CET. That's nine hours from now.

Steroyd

What's wrong with glitches? Atheon didn't get patched for long enough for people to boost through people. Now in the next Raid they can do a similar thing, that makes them awesome.

The best thing about Sunbros is that I can cheat, is basically what is said, of which they'll probably get patched out down the line, then what are you left with?

SharkJAW

It can be that, but you can also rise above that base mentality and decide when it's worth giving up a last ditch save in exchange for either some grenade bombing or a risky maneuver like a dangerous rez
I'm not saying Warlocks are useless, just saying that they're not head and shoulders above other classes as some try to make it seem.
Saying that a class is responsible for cheeses isn't exactly an adequate defense. So they play the game it wasn't meant to be played? Congrats, I guess? And every class has an improved revive exotic armor piece.

edit: I see steroyd already said what I was going to say

Izuna

Banned
The best thing about Sunbros is that I can cheat, is basically what is said, of which they'll probably get patched out down the line, then what are you left with?

I am failing to think of any difficult part of Destiny besides getting accidentally killed in a Nightfall, so self revive gets it for me. Otherwise I guess Bladedancer's Invis is the only actual super useful special, everything else is just time dependant.

Jinjo

Wow. I presume you're doing the Gatekeeper method? Are you going to do this again before Xur arrives tomorrow? I could need some glimmer, but I'm going to be out all day. I'm going to be back at about 6pm CET. That's nine hours from now.

Î'd be down for this glimmer farming crew too. Will be at home at the same time. Gotta get ready for Xur in case he stocks Gjallarhorn for upgrade. Gotta upgrade three of them lol.

SharkJAW

I am failing to think of any difficult part of Destiny besides getting accidentally killed in a Nightfall, so self revive gets it for me. Otherwise I guess Bladedancer's Invis is the only actual super useful special, everything else is just time dependant.
I'd definitely agree that a self-revive can help solo runs, but I don't think game-breaking exactly makes the class the best. It's just an oversight by QA.

Rixa

How does Tripod & Clown Cartridge combination work?
Do I have a chance to get 6 ammo clip or how many?

This dropped from blue engram yesterday, seems fun combination. I havent tested tripod yet (bought it and logged out).

OWT000.PNG
Spamming rockets without reloading sounds homemade Valus Ta`aurc solution. :p

raindoc

Sunbros with high discipline are crowd control machines unlike anything else. You'll all want one for the 33 Raid. Not just for the grenades, but because saving your asses from wiping is not not-contributing - don't ignore strategic 1ups.

Izuna

Banned
I'd definitely agree that a self-revive can help solo runs, but I don't think game-breaking exactly makes the class the best. It's just an oversight by QA.

An oversight that made it the best.

There is no "playing as intended". If the game allows for easy methods, it's the best way to play.

joecanada

Left with? Lol Sunbros were the most desired class in VoG right up until the end. There's always a use for res and unlimited grenade spawning... It's asinine that anyone would argue otherwise.
I love the argument "oh its only good if you fuck up" like a sunbro never picked your ass up after a res in nightfall while you thanked your lucky stars.
Notwithstanding the indisputable fact that I stand there in the sheer face of fire against every boss and rain down fire with no regard to life and limb just hoping an enemy can take me down just so I can res and rain grenades everywhere
Such a useless argument, a good team shits on a good player every time and every class is mega useful to have

SharkJAW

An oversight that made it the best.

There is no "playing as intended". If the game allows for easy methods, it's the best way to play.
In the same way that hacking is the best way to pkay, though. The system isn't designed to fix unintended exploits, so I guess you could say the unintended exploits make the class the best, but that's illegitimate, at best.

Let me make one thing clear: Sunsingers are NOT useless, they are very useful. I'm just pointing out that theyre also game breakers.

Ambitious

Î'd be down for this glimmer farming crew too. Will be at home at the same time. Gotta get ready for Xur in case he stocks Gjallarhorn for upgrade. Gotta upgrade three of them lol.

Yeah. I got Gjallarhorn some time ago, but just when I was about to start upgrading it, the news about the Xur upgrades for exotics dropped. It's been in the vault since then.

Steroyd

So you never do any cheese then, ever? OK then each to their own I don't feel bad at all so say what you will.
Same old story " only noobs use x class/gun/perk"

No it's not "same old story", if I was criticizing anyone being a noob as a sunbro it's that you shouldn't be dying to use the self res in the first place, that's where the buck stops, when you start talking about pushing Atheon off a ledge, cheesing the bridge etc, that's not sunbros being awesome that's the game being a glitchy mess.

To be honest, I've never felt any cheese so far has saved me that much time in comparison, then again, that might be because of the teams I generally roll with.

Izuna

Banned
In the same way that hacking is the best way to pkay, though. The system isn't designed to fix unintended exploits, so I guess you could say the unintended exploits make the class the best, but that's illegitimate, at best.

Hacking will get you banned.

Illegitimate haha. In which case is tethering considered cheating too? Or is anything that eventually gets patched not something that counts on a tier list?

At the moment, you want an SS on your Raid team. It's easier to find better teams like so. That's important. In VoG it was really hard to find a group as a Hunter because no one wanted one for some reason. So in that case, Hunters were a bad class to be.

If we were to look at everything with a criteria, then the real answer would be that class makes almost no difference at all because the whole game is easy.

Whether it is to be patched or not, Warlocks are the most useful right now. Unless you want to say that the Vex was never good because they were going to nerf it.

SharkJAW

Hacking will get you banned.

Illegitimate haha. In which case is tethering considered cheating too? Or is anything that eventually gets patched not something that counts on a tier list?

At the moment, you want an SS on your Raid team. It's easier to find better teams like so. That's important. In VoG it was really hard to find a group as a Hunter because no one wanted one for some reason. So in that case, Hunters were a bad class to be.

If we were to look at everything with a criteria, then the real answer would be that class makes almost no difference at all because the whole game is easy.

Whether it is to be patched or not, Warlocks are the most useful right now. Unless you want to say that the Vex was never good because they were going to nerf it.
And I'd totally agree with this.
Wait, are you saying that something that would be fixed (aka a cheat) would be considered legitimate in considering class standings?

Steroyd

Left with? Lol Sunbros were the most desired class in VoG right up until the end. There's always a use for res and unlimited grenade spawning... It's asinine that anyone would argue otherwise.
I love the argument "oh its only good if you fuck up" like a sunbro never picked your ass up after a res in nightfall while you thanked your lucky stars.
Notwithstanding the indisputable fact that I stand there in the sheer face of fire against every boss and rain down fire with no regard to life and limb just hoping an enemy can take me down just so I can res and rain grenades everywhere
Such a useless argument, a good team shits on a good player every time and every class is mega useful to have

Not saying sunbros are useless as you say, the self res lets you go more rambo than any other class, I'm just saying, saying sunbros are awesome because they break the game to not work as intended is a poor representation of sunbros.

SharkJAW

Not saying sunbros are useless as you say, the self res lets you go more rambo than any other class, I'm just saying, saying sunbros are awesome because they break the game to not work as intended is a poor representation of sunbros.
This is the point I was making (or at least trying to make), as evidenced by my edit above.

Can anyone explain how the bounty trick works for Eris?
- Head to Eris and pick up the new bounties for the day
- Complete them and turn them in
- Later in the day they'll be available again

Is that correct or am I missing something?

SharkJAW

Can anyone explain how the bounty trick works for Eris?
- Head to Eris and pick up the new bounties for the day
- Complete them and turn them in
- Later in the day they'll be available again

Is that correct or am I missing something?

Top Bottom