• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

ocean

Banned
Great! We can try it with four and see how it goes. Then we would just need one more.
I've said Gatekeepers is the best glimmer spot since like OT8. Glad to see it's becoming a spot where you can farm in teams! Much faster and less boring that way.

I'll be home in about 20 minutes, I'll join on you if you still have a spot by then.

Jinjo

Okay what the fuck! I sniped him from the damn platform and I get Black Wax Idol. How the fuck am I'm getting a Black Wax Idol from that height?! That waste furthest I was from him! This shit is fucking gltiched for me!

It's not glitched. It seems pretty deliberate the knights can drop idols directly to you now too. Happened to me a few times after beating one after the hot fix. You not getting a Husk of the Pit is just RNG fucking you over. Sorry bud.

Are you sure?
Found where I got the one minute from the spawn thing: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2pgazb/crotas_end_raid_2nd_chest_the_simple_truth/

And I saw videos of people only killing the first shrieker but having the door start to close...

[EDIT]
Seems to have some more intricacy to it:

Yeah, I was going by Datto's vid mostly, but seems he is just wrong then. Sorry there.

Due
Sleepy
KeRaSh
Jinjo
Nuszka
ocean
panda-zebra
Greenymac -Whats up my brother!

We will be looking at 9pm +GMT if it is today as I am working late, if we are not doing it today then tomorrow for sure.

I am not sure how many spots we have atm, I will know when I get home.

I'll be there for sure!

Great! We can try it with four and see how it goes. Then we would just need one more.

When do you wanna start? I'm good to farm glimmer till 9pm GMT (cause I wanna get in on that raid action lol).

ocean

Banned
Okay what the fuck! I sniped him from the damn platform and I get Black Wax Idol. How the fuck am I getting a Black Wax Idol from that height?! That waste furthest I was from him! This shit is fucking gltiched for me!
Does black wax dropping have something to do with the distance to your target? I thought it was a random drop like everything else.

KeRaSh

She's dead to me just like all the Husk owners.

I'm at hour 7 right now.

Wow, I got it from my second kill on heroic...
So sorry >_>

Due
Sleepy
KeRaSh
Jinjo
Nuszka
ocean
panda-zebra

We will be looking at 9pm +GMT if it is today as I am working late, if we are not doing it today then tomorrow for sure.

I think that's a little too late for me as I have to get up early tomorrow.I'll try to find a group after work (in around 2 hours). Giod luck, though!

Wish there was matchmaking for nightfall. Can't find anyone for my alts

i prefer to play solo (daytime player who goes AFK a lot) but for nightfalls and raids I use http://destinylfg.net

its pretty overwhelming actually, sometimes for nightfall there are dozens of new entries every minute. Most people are too lazy/unsure to create a party so just inviting 2 other random people is an extremely fast way to get it done, did it 3x yesterday for all my chars.

One tip: DON'T add everyone to your friends list, it just clogs it up and is a lot more steps. I don't know about xbox, but on PS4 (and ps3 I presume) go to PSN party option and invite people from there. They can click your name and join session to join your Destiny fireteam. Everyone I've invited so far on ps4 has had a mic.

Deku Tree

Anyone up for gatekeepers glimmer farm? Can start as soon as we have say five.

If you still got room I would love to join! Im already on your friend list

Of course but we could still use three or four more.

We are looking to do a gatekeepers VoG glimmer farm. Takes about forty minutes to go from zero to glimmer cap. Learned this from Boguester. You run around in a circle, chain supers, and destroy everything and make 600 glimmer in 30 seconds. Die. Repeat.

Quote my post and your in. We can start when we have three more.

I can join you guys.

Edit: won't have a mic fyi

I've said Gatekeepers is the best glimmer spot since like OT8. Glad to see it's becoming a spot where you can farm in teams! Much faster and less boring that way.

I'll be home in about 20 minutes, I'll join on you if you still have a spot by then.

It's not glitched. It seems pretty deliberate the knights can drop idols directly to you now too. Happened to me a few times after beating one after the hot fix. You not getting a Husk of the Pit is just RNG fucking you over. Sorry bud.

Yeah, I was going by Datto's vid mostly, but seems he is just wrong then. Sorry there.

I'll be there for sure!

When do you wanna start? I'm good to farm glimmer till 9pm GMT (cause I wanna get in on that raid action lol).

Let's start now. I'm in there at the Gorgons heading to the gayekeepers. Just join on me. Others can jump in when they are ready.

Rehsa

I thought I would be in the hours on end search for the husk, switched to a different character and found it second run

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Gotta say it was hilarious when we found out one of the people in our CE raid group last night was a noob. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. I was telling the guy to stay on the totem while I went to grab the sword at the bridge part and he didn't do it so we wiped. After we wiped a second time to it, we asked him if he ever played CE and he said no. Please mention if you're a noob instead of winging it as we go.

My reaction was like "wut mate?" Lol

Steroyd

WHY DO PEOPLE STEP IN THE TITAN BUBBLE, WHHYYYYYYYYYY!?

I don't even.

Okay so it's Twilight gap, the shotgun friendly map, my team takes C, and I notice everyone on the other team died and spawned at A, so I throw my suppression grenade there while they're all grouped together, I throw my titan bubble on A, what happened next was a carnival of stupid, I pretty much spawned camped in my bubble, wave after wave, after wave of people coming into my bubble and I'm just punching them to death ended the match with Relentless ffs, finished the 5 multikill bounty, the Iron Wrath bounty, over 4000xp earned and 7 of the 10 melee kills was done (shockingly) in that 1 match.

the hilarious thing is that i killed so many people in my bubble I gained a super to put up another bubble in the same place, if i wasn't levelling up my Armamantarium, I would have blinded these fools with my Saint Helm 14.

BLU-82

Edit: Spoilered just in case, no clue if we still need them.

When I ran it solo as hunter I wiped right after getting across the bridge so it spawned me in the room. I'm not sure what triggers the start of the timer itself, either running into the passage or simply on spawn so I wiped to 'reset it'.
I just ran in - rocket the shrieker and legged it towards the door. Bare in mind that if you enter the doughnut room you will loose the checkpoint so call it before you get there and then you can die and reset the timer.

Lima

I don't even.

Okay so it's Twilight gap, the shotgun friendly map, my team takes C, and I notice everyone on the other team died and spawned at A, so I throw my suppression grenade there while they're all grouped together, I throw my titan bubble on A, what happened next was a carnival of stupid, I pretty much spawned camped in my bubble, wave after wave, after wave of people coming into my bubble and I'm just punching them to death ended the match with Relentless ffs, finished the 5 multikill bounty, the Iron Wrath bounty, over 4000xp earned and 7 of the 10 melee kills was done (shockingly) in that 1 match.

the hilarious thing is that i killed so many people in my bubble I gained a super to put up another bubble in the same place, if i wasn't levelling up my Armamantarium, I would have blinded these fools with my Saint Helm 14.

Because there are so many dumb people playing this game? I face palm every time a sunsinger warlock self revives after I just killed him with golden gun. Like you do realize that golden gun has more than one shot right.

LiK

My reaction was like "wut mate?" Lol

yea, that was funny. is he a Gaffer? I dunno him.

I don't even.

I only do that when I Titan Smash them. saved a couple of clips of that for my personal enjoyment. it's fun to smash a defender in a bubble.

Deku Tree

Reposting for new page

We are Doing a gatekeepers VoG glimmer farm. Takes about forty minutes to go from zero to glimmer cap. Learned this from Boguester. You run around in a circle, chain supers, and destroy everything and make 600 glimmer in 30 seconds. Die. Repeat.

Just join.

Edit full.

GlamFM

Banned
Pretty sure that is in no way representative of the 9 million people that bought Destiny.

Yeah sure, but still

it_s_something.png

Due
Sleepy
KeRaSh
Jinjo
Nuszka
ocean
panda-zebra

Shouldn't be a problem. Just Crota, right? I don't think Void will be able to do it today, so I think we may need to help him tomorrow if we do it today.

And I'd still like to run my alt through the first section, but due to our chest farming the checkpoint is at Deathsinger...

Just got husk of the pit!

Saw someone using it on the cosmodrome and only discovered how to acquire it 30 minutes ago.

Anyway, I fully understand bungie giving people the option to buy materials
to stop the whining
but they took away the option to sell materials.
I'm currently sat on 700+ spin metal.

Meckaj

Neo Member
Going to finally step into PVP, What would be the best weapon to take in there as my primary?

Fatebringer, Found Verdict or Suros?

SUROS is probably a safe bet if you are not comfortable with hand cannons as it is much easier to use and you can use Found Verdict with both.

WipedOut

Just got husk of the pit!

Saw someone using it on the cosmodrome and only discovered how to acquire it 30 minutes ago.

Anyway, I fully understand bungie giving people the option to buy materials
to stop the whining
but they took away the option to sell materials.
I'm currently sat on 700+ spin metal.

They need to create an economy. I would love to be able to trade in the materials for marks or even just glimmer. Also raise the marks cap already bungie

LiK

Going to finally step into PVP, What would be the best weapon to take in there as my primary?

Fatebringer, Found Verdict or Suros?

Suros can destroy if you're good with it. The changes they made to it is less good but still one of the top tier guns in PVP. FV is godly. I don't have a FB but it should be fine altho other HCs seem to be more beloved by Gaffers here for PVP.

Meckaj

Neo Member
Is the hawkmoon really a 3 shot kill on body shots in PvP?

The balance in this game is dumb.

I'm pretty sure it's a 3 bodyshot kill only if one of them procs the increased damage, but I'll test it out.

edit: Hawkmoon hits 63 to the body, 3x63 = 189 which shouldn't kill unless you're specced for minimum armor.

WipedOut

SUROS is probably a safe bet if you are not comfortable with hand cannons as it is much easier to use and you can use Found Verdict with both.

I must be sleep deprived from playing this game too much since I just grouped in a special with the Primary weapons. Going to try suros and FV combo.

Gahhhh I haven't been able to play since Tuesday night! It will be 48 hours by the time I can log in after work tonight!!!

What have I missed? Anything important?

I need to get this Husk of the Pit weapon don't I??

Anyone want to run bounties, dailies and other XP grinds around 7pm EST tonight?

Anyone here still need to run the heroic weekly? Want to get it done so I can switch over and focus on my alt

Level 31 warlock, psn dawnoflife

Top Bottom