• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

EL CUCO

How do people most efficiently do the Eris kill hive from behind mission?

I would imagine invisibility helps alot. I tried chasing this last night and got tired of dancing around cover with Acolytes lol

I stopped caring about it and got it on the Nightfall you jumped in to help on. I still have no clue how I got it.

Edit: I just realized when the Hive are doing ritual is a good time to creep up on them.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I will definitely say that there is not as much versatility as I'd like between the classes. Hopefully the addition of the third sub-class makes a difference.

Husk > legendary > exotic necrochasm

Necrochasm upgrade requires a hard mode item drop.

I bet the necrochasm will be good for DPS on Crota.

Until no one plays Crota's End because House of Wolves next March

My Xbox One clan is looking to add a few more dedicated members. We want to raid consistently week in and week out. Looking for players who are serious and know what they're doing but also like to have fun. Our "core" is made up by three real life friends. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. Raids normally start around 8:30-9EST.

I opened 3 gorgon chests last night.

I got 3 Thunderlords last night from those chests.

What are the odds, really?

In the first DLC mission, I run by everyone, including the 2 knights. Then I sneak back out and shoot a few in the back, then I go forward and shoot one of the summoners in the back. Rinse and repeat. I usually get 5 or 6 per run, takes about 5 minutes. Of course, on my hunter, I just go invisible and clean up.

Even better; after you kill the blade of crota, grab his sword and go out to kill with it. I get at least 4 kills from behind that way, and if I'm willing to commit suicide with the sword in the middle of the exploding thralls, I can get more. You get lots of time with the sword.

Really that area can help you get three bounties super fast. FYI that sword also gets you the 7 melee kills super fast as it seems to count.

MADGAME

I killed Acolytes performing the ritual to bring in the Swordbearer since they are crouching in concentration. You can load Fist of Crota, sparrow past Omnigul into the hallway, round the corner and there's 3 right there. If you're fast you can get 2 before they hop up. Repeat.

k1t4j

The defend rasputin mission "siege of the warmind", right at the beginning, loads of thrals come at you from this long initial corridor in the first first of the bunker, just pull them to you, they will chase, you go up the stairs and they start going back eventually turning your back to you, 1 shot from fatebringer kills them done in 2 waves

JB1981

Can someone please help me with the Dark Below expansion? I bought the digital guardian edition for PS4. I thought the DGE came with the expansions? If this is the case, then how do I download the expansion without purchasing it again? Where do I go within the game to do this? Do I have to go to the PSN store and download it? Help!

WipedOut

The defend rasputin mission "siege of the warmind", right at the beginning, loads of thrals come at you from this long initial corridor in the first first of the bunker, just pull them to you, they will chase, you go up the stairs and they start going back eventually turning your back to you, 1 shot from fatebringer kills them done in 2 waves

The awakening story mission is a good place too. when all the cursed thralls come in waves.

gdt

Can someone please help me with the Dark Below expansion? I bought the digital guardian edition for PS4. I thought the DGE came with the expansions? If this is the case, then how do I download the expansion without purchasing it again? Where do I go within the game to do this? Do I have to go to the PSN store and download it? Help!

Library

KxoZz

start the "we've woken the hive" mission, go to the normal place, on the left there is a big rock with a ledge. get on that. thralls will run past you and you can shoot them easily.

hunters with invisibility might be better, but i'm a warlock and didn't have that option, so this worked best for me, took 5 minutes

FyreWulff

I've found as a Titan, you can grenade a shielded knight and jump over them and it'll give you credit

Don't know how consistent that is, but they WERE looking at me and I completed the bounty doing that

Deku Tree

I killed Acolytes performing the ritual to bring in the Swordbearer since they are crouching in concentration. You can load Fist of Crota, sparrow past Omnigul into the hallway, round the corner and there's 3 right there. If you're fast you can get 2 before they hop up. Repeat.

This plus a rocket launcher....

I would imagine invisibility helps alot. I tried chasing this last night and got tired of dancing around cover with Acolytes lol

I stopped caring about it and got it on the Nightfall you jumped in to help on. I still have no clue how I got it.

Edit: I just realized when the Hive are doing ritual is a good time to creep up on them.

I opened 3 gorgon chests last night.

I got 3 Thunderlords last night from those chests.

What are the odds, really?

In the first DLC mission, I run by everyone, including the 2 knights. Then I sneak back out and shoot a few in the back, then I go forward and shoot one of the summoners in the back. Rinse and repeat. I usually get 5 or 6 per run, takes about 5 minutes. Of course, on my hunter, I just go invisible and clean up.

Thanks!

So I need a bit of advice. Was lv 28 before the expansion hit. Afterwards, I grabbed new gauntlets from the vendor, got lucky with an expansion helmet drop, and I'm working to buy boots from the vendor as well. Will this new gear get me to level 30 when fully upgraded? My chest piece is a legendary, but that was pre-expansion and it's not fully leveled because I haven't gotten the chance to buy an exotic shard from Xur. Should I upgrade it fully or just buy a new piece of legendary gear from Xur that is post expansion?

Also, is running VoG viable now? Or once I hit 30, should I focus on CE? I just didn't have any friends to play with until I discovered the Destiny LFG site and I now use that so my progression has accelerated now that I am earning coins and shards at a faster pace, leaving me at this weird midpoint where I never played VoG or weekly strikes and know have the option for both.

E92 M3

Another Thursday with probably another update that won't tell us anything we want to know. In fact, Deej has just been advertising lately.

Super easy when you do any Hive strike/mission with others. When they go after a teammate, shoot from behind. Got it without even thinking about it during the Weekly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I need a bit of advice. Was lv 28 before the expansion hit. Afterwards, I grabbed new gauntlets from the vendor, got lucky with an expansion helmet drop, and I'm working to buy boots from the vendor as well. Will this new gear get me to level 30 when fully upgraded?
Easily, yes. You want to buy an exotic chest piece from Xur if he sells one, as that will get you to an easy 31 as well. A helm would be a good purchase from him as well.
My chest piece is a legendary, but that was pre-expansion and it's not fully leveled because I haven't gotten the chance to buy an exotic shard from Xur. Should I upgrade it fully or just buy a new piece of legendary gear from Xur that is post expansion?
Whoa now. Do you mean your chest is an Exotic?
Also, is running VoG viable now? Or once I hit 30, should I focus on CE? I just didn't have any friends to play with until I discovered the Destiny LFG site and I now use that so my progression has accelerated now that I am earning coins and shards at a faster pace, leaving me at this weird midpoint where I never played VoG or weekly strikes and know have the option for both.
Running VoG is still valuable (though disappointing in some ways) and the best source of ascendant shards and energy, which you still need. You are optimally prepped for VoG at 28. I do weekly newbie raids of it on thursday nights EST if you are interested.

So I need a bit of advice. Was lv 28 before the expansion hit. Afterwards, I grabbed new gauntlets from the vendor, got lucky with an expansion helmet drop, and I'm working to buy boots from the vendor as well. Will this new gear get me to level 30 when fully upgraded? My chest piece is a legendary, but that was pre-expansion and it's not fully leveled because I haven't gotten the chance to buy an exotic shard from Xur. Should I upgrade it fully or just buy a new piece of legendary gear from Xur that is post expansion?

Should have waited on the gauntlets, you get some as a reward with the Eris quests. Bungie does a deplorable job communicating with the player for most of Destiny, so it's really not your fault.

But to answer your question, I think you should listen to someone else who knows. lol

X-Frame

I haven't been following all these CE Raid Solo guides and videos, but is it really possible to solo the thrall abyss section with any class, without any glitching? Like, a Titan can realistically solo that part?

And a Titan can also solo the bridge part by doing an sword air swipe across and then just kill the Orge's?

Should have waited on the gauntlets, you get some as a reward with the Eris quests. Bungie does a deplorable job communicating with the player for most of Destiny, so it's really not your fault.

But to answer your question, I think you need all new Legendary gear at the very least to be lvl 30. A post DLC exotic will get you to lvl 31

Is it worth getting those if you have the CE raid gauntlets on all 3 classes?

I may just do the Urn quest for XP if not

I go to Earth, in the Steppes or first area, go to that stairwell that leads to the room with the 3 Hive major/ultras. I usually throw my tripmine grenade at the door while they are coming out and get 2-3 kills for that bounty. Rinse, repeat till its over.

Frenden

Banned
I go to Earth, in the Steppes or first area, go to that stairwell that leads to the room with the 3 Hive major/ultras. I usually throw my tripmine grenade at the door while they are coming out and get 2-3 kills for that bounty. Rinse, repeat till its over.
I do the same, but alternate with a rocket here and there. Shooting over their heads and behind them counts.

zewone

That's a good method.

To add on that, if I get a sword (from mission or Blade) I will jump above the hive and do an R2 smash so I land behind them and kill them with the AOE.

I haven't been following all these CE Raid Solo guides and videos, but is it really possible to solo the thrall abyss section with any class, without any glitching? Like, a Titan can realistically solo that part?

And a Titan can also solo the bridge part by doing an sword air swipe across and then just kill the Orge's?

You have to use a lamp as a catapult.

ocean

Banned

But to answer your question, I think you need all new Legendary gear at the very least to be lvl 30. A post DLC exotic will get you to lvl 31
Old Legendaries max at 27 light, new ones at 33. 2 old Legendaries and two new Legendaries maxed out add up to level 30 (27+27+33+33=120 Light).

New Exotics max at 36 light, making level 30 an even easier goal.

So I have my almost level 31 Hunter but I cannot seem to get my titan higher than 27! I should focus on Vanguard again, but then I have to focus on Vanguard again and...
Have we found a better/quicker way to level new characters as well? I'd like to start a Warlock this weekend.

Coconut

Banned
Guys? Guys. Why are we so addicted to this game.

Being at work sucks.

I've really tried to figure that out. Specifically what combination of factors have given this game more thought space than any other loot game. it's been said before but it has so much in common with PSO and that was the last game like this that I was really into... they must have something in common there's a link, a common thread between them.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
BTW I'm sure it's probably anecdotal but me and friend got Hisk of the Pit from the divide blades after farming fist for hours.

Top Bottom