• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

I am looking to do a Crota run either tonight (GMT) or tomorrow with a few others but we might need some GAF bros to jump in!

I have the Deathsinger check point and we WILL be cheesing Crota for 2 or 3 alts.

If anyone is interested to join, let me know.

Level 30 or 31 for Deathsinger but then I have no issue if anyone wishes to swap to an under-leveled alt at Crota since we will be cheesing.

PSN: MandrakeUK

What time did you have in mind? My alts are up for it if it's not too late.

Jinjo

I don´t mind the grind. I do mind the quality though.

I completely disagree with you. No aspect of this DLC reaches the Quality of the base game.

RIGHT! ;)

You don't mind the grind, I don't mind, but most regular gamers probably do (It's why most of my friends quit too). I don't think the quality of storymissions in the basegame is that high either. They definitely did not add anything new storywise like they said they would. I enjoyed my first time through Crota's End a lot. It's different than VoG for sure, but that's fine in my book. Wouldn't have wanted the same shit twice. The Omnigul strike is an absolute atrocity though, but Black Garden is pretty fun. Would have liked more new (exotic) loot though. Instead of just reskins of old stuff.

SkylineRKR

You don't mind the grind, I don't mind, but most regular gamers probably do (It's why most of my friends quit too). I don't think the quality of storymissions in the basegame is that high either. They definitely did not add anything new storywise like they said they would. I enjoyed my first time through Crota's End a lot. It's different than VoG for sure, but that's fine in my book. Wouldn't have wanted the same shit twice. The Omnigul strike is an absolute atrocity though, but Black Garden is pretty fun. Would have liked more new (exotic) loot though. Instead of just reskins of old stuff.

In reality people are resetting their Exotics they already maxed for 10% extra damage. And Bungie gets away with it.

Will you guy reset your loadout again, when the third Raid hits?

I feel non grinders are better off. New exotics I pick up level faster from the get go.

Zocano

I feel like the raids needs more roles introduced rather than just a single person.

Maybe if they added, I dunno, some gun that shoots a beam and heals your team. And then give a relic that makes you have huge damage resistance, draws all enemy aggro, but reduces your damage to 0...

Hm...

But yah, I feel like if they want to make more different and varied encounters then they need to start having more than just one mechanic.

I dunno. If you wanna follow the 4 section structure, then do like Intro (Tone Setter like Dark Below) - Mechanic 1 - Mechanic 2 - Raid Boss using both mechanics.

I really enjoy Crota's End. Deathsinger feels a bit hollow, I agree, but The Bridge checkpoint is my favorite section from either raid so far. Lots of team work needed and not just standing around shooting stuff. Crota himself is good but he could be better. There needs to be either more movement or another mechanic in there. Felt like it was missing something. Maybe hard mode will solve my issue with it.

CLBridges

Although I still really like playing Destiny, I have to agree with a lot of the points made about the new DLC. Other than CE it kinda just feels like an "event" like Queen's Wrath. Eris sits at the tower and we grind up rank to buy her shaders, emblems etc. Only thing that makes her worthwhile really is getting rank enough to level Murmur and exchange radiant material.

Still don't understand why there is no proper introduction in-game to her. On the day DLC dropped, you just loaded into the tower and there goes Eris lol. CE raid is fun, and honestly is the best part of the DLC. I think the reason for no loot after the phase before Crota is the fact you can get that first chest solo and possibly get an exotic, sort of a trade off.

Overall, I will continue playing Destiny and hope to be around for the next DLC. Wolves Den will be really crucial I think due to it comes in March and this time no new content will come until possibly September 2015, so will it be enough to last for 6 months?

This week's Nightfalls seemed to drop just shit, ass shards and a legendary SR.

However, upon closer inspection I think I might have been lucky with the SR. I got a Badger CCL with Zen Moment and Firefly. The impact and range are higher than VoC and it's 331 damage once fully upgraded.

Now the real question, which do you guys think is the better option, High Caliber Rounds or Explosive Rounds?

GlamFM

Banned
Still don't understand why there is no proper introduction in-game to her. On the day DLC dropped, you just loaded into the tower and there goes Eris lol.

This especially is still mind boggling to me.

20 bucks couldn't buy me a fucking cutscene?

What the hell?

6 am and finally going to bed after doing VoG normal and cheesing the final Crota checkpoint. Ended up getting Hunger of Crota, the emblem and the shader. Worth it.

This game is going to be dead in like one month. Bungie, so disappointed.

It feels like a combination of corporate sellout (the reason the original game shipped the way it did with zero narrative and cut content) and inexperience maintaining the type of game they made.

Destiny really had so much potential and when I began comparing it one night to what I thought it would be pre launch, I had zero desire to play anymore.

So much wasted potential. Bungie may as well give up and just start Destiny 2. There's no fixing this wreck with another worthless expansion pack.

This game is going to be dead in like one month. Bungie, so disappointed.

It feels like a combination of corporate sellout (the reason the original game shipped the way it did with zero narrative and cut content) and inexperience maintaining the type of game they made.

Destiny really had so much potential and when I began comparing it one night to what I thought it would be pre launch, I had zero desire to play anymore.

So much wasted potential. Bungie may as well give up and just start Destiny 2. There's no fixing this wreck with another worthless expansion pack.

They are already working on destiny 2.

This week's Nightfalls seemed to drop just shit, ass shards and a legendary SR.

However, upon closer inspection I think I might have been lucky with the SR. I got a Badger CCL with Zen Moment and Firefly. The impact and range are higher than VoC and it's 331 damage once fully upgraded.

Now the real question, which do you guys think is the better option, High Caliber Rounds or Explosive Rounds?

The time you waste posting is time not invested into leveling up your second Jesushorn, you lucky bastard.
Jk of course, <3

Explosive Rounds decrease critical damage I believe, and the AoE radius is not very big. I'd use Explosive Rounds when dealing with lots of bunched up enemies, and High Caliber otherwise.

Btw, we are still missing the weekly for our warlock alts if you are up for it sometime this weekend.

Izuna

Banned
Omg I have played Destiny 100 hours more than any other game in my entire life.

More than Guild Wars and PSO over a decade.

I don't mind the pants dlc, I got it all in the bundle I bought the game in. What is grinding my gears is the constant meddling by Bungie. Fixing things that are an't broken.

Reducing the amount of glimmer we earn with one hand, then upping the price of everything we use it for with the other.

Midas

Omg I have played Destiny 100 hours more than any other game in my entire life.

More than Guild Wars and PSO over a decade.

Yeah, I've never played a game more than this. Well, probably Counter-Strike but I've played Destiny for 408 hours. It's a bit scary, but as long as I'm having fun... :)

Navid

Nice to read everyones thoughts on the DLC, sounds like the new raid is intentionally more hectic and makes a point of rushing you more than VoG which seems to work for some more than others... I do find it a bit of a shame that they don't do more with the group size as a gameplay mechanic (the bridge section seems like a step in the right direction) in the raids.

Personally would love to see more deliberate splitting of the player group (branching paths) and more exploration/puzzle solving gameplay incorporated into these raids with switches, keys and traps (think old classic tomb raider levels).

Also hope at some point they step away from the massive low mobility end boss characters with fodder spawning in at intervals, would like to see a regular size boss that is just as mobile and dangerous as a regular guardian. I find that some of the most enjoyable boss battles in my time have been against enemies that somewhat mirror my own abilities (DMC Vergil, ZOE2 Anubis and for example the more quick and mobile bosses in the Souls games).

Anyway thats my rambling thoughts for today. :D

The time you waste posting is time not invested into leveling up your second Jesushorn, you lucky bastard.
Jk of course, <3

Explosive Rounds decrease critical damage I believe, and the AoE radius is not very big. I'd use Explosive Rounds when dealing with lots of bunched up enemies, and High Caliber otherwise.

Btw, we are still missing the weekly for our warlock alts if you are up for it sometime this weekend.

I know I got bullshit from the Nightfalls this week also, but I always do.

void666

Banned
Great upgrade system you got there, Bungie.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/84392135

He had two of each gun. Maybe he upgraded the same guns twice?
I have two ice breakers. I was sure i had upgraded them both. Paid the right amount of glimmer. Put one in the vault. Next day i notice it's not upgraded. What the hell...

Then i realized i upgraded the same ice breaker twice. Upgrade will be available even if you have an already upgraded weapon equipped.

MAYBE that's what happened to him.

Jk of course, <3

I'm stuck at work for most of the day... And I hate having 2 Horns, so much pressure. Why couldn't it give me a Hawkmoon, or an upgraded Praxic Fire?

We can do the weekly whenever we're both on, shouldn't be too much trouble.

Steroyd

Yay Thorn bounty done, almost completely solo'd killling Xyor, but couldn't get her to appear, and thanks to knights having shields behind shields it made more of a meal out of it than I would have liked, thanks for being the sacrficial scout Boguester!

Also protip, when doing the dismantle rare or above fusion rifle part of the Pocket infinity exotic bounty, exotic fusion rifles don't count as above rare. ¬_¬

• cauldron is one of the better crucible maps in the game, with a simple yet balanced and coehsive layout and a pleasing aesthetic. destiny's poor spawn system is the only thing holding it back.
  • pantheon is the first true symmetric map and has some interesting areas that make it feel like it's trying to be a classic. however, its endless hallways and oversegmentation break its flow and stretch it needlessly, creating gameplay with no rhyme or reason.
  • skyshock is a vehicle map and that says it all. it's another failed attempt at catering to gameplay that doesn't suit destiny, only it manages to exacerbate the problems of its predecessors by being larger, flatter, and more visually cluttered. if you like roaming around in an interceptor until someone snipes you, or running around sniping the guys in interceptors, then enjoy.

100% with you on the new maps. I'm surprised they're still trying to make vehicle maps a thing considering how bad the vehicle game is in Destiny. Add some co-op vehicles and completely rework/replace the interceptor and maybe you could have something here Bungie. Cauldron is pretty damn good though. Can't wait to get Control on that map.

I know I got bullshit from the Nightfalls this week also, but I always do.

Coins and shards. But I'm yet to do the weekly and NF with my 29 Titan, so there's still a chance. The soloable chest on the other hand awarded a second Ice Breaker to one of my alts, which is always a nice weapon to have as a duplicate since it's useful from the outset.

Here's hoping the Mandrake-Luck(TM) holds up for Crota's drops as well.

I'm stuck at work for most of the day... And I hate having 2 Horns, so much pressure. Why couldn't it give me a Hawkmoon, or an upgraded Praxic Fire?

We can do the weekly whenever we're both on, shouldn't be too much trouble.

Hahaha, yeah. For the normal raid a 300 attack fully maxed GH is more than enough I think, so don't stress yourself out.

Yay Thorn bounty done, almost completely solo'd killling Xyor, but couldn't get her to appear, and thanks to knights having shields behind shields it made more of a meal out of it than I would have liked, thanks for being the sacrficial scout Boguester!

Also protip, when doing the dismantle rare or above fusion rifle part of the Pocket infinity exotic bounty, exotic fusion rifles don't count as above rare. ¬_¬

Yep, sharded Pocket Infinity to contribute to its successor but no core dropped.

Zakalwe

Banned
well i might as well add my "review" of the DLC.

This is almost exactly how I feel. I've been clocking less and less hours into Destiny over the last week. I'm at the point where I feel I have to log in each day to keep up, but it feels more like work than enjoyment.

At this point I should probably quit and wait for updates to lure me back in, but the hooks go deep.

Alright, I still have to do Crota twice and VoG on Hard twice this week.

Hunter 31, Titan 30. Psn: silvertongueBR.

Let me know if you're putting together a crew.

Haha sure thing. Not worth risking it at that point for you to go running out there, glad you got it done!

Anyone with a Gorgonn CP? Would like to grab on two characters if possible.

PS4? I do, for normal VoG. Can join now if you want. Edit: PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Eris has turned me into a monster

w9Mmd8R.gif

Top Bottom