• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie just said raid loot drops were smarter but in fact didn't change anything because, honestly, how is anyone going to tell the difference?

LiK

Gahhhh I haven't been able to play since Tuesday night! It will be 48 hours by the time I can log in after work tonight!!!

What have I missed? Anything important?

I need to get this Husk of the Pit weapon don't I??

Anyone want to run bounties, dailies and other XP grinds around 7pm EST tonight?

i'll join you. what's your PSN? I also need some bros for Vanguard Roc. I wanna level up my chest gear fast.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie just said raid loot drops were smarter but in fact didn't change anything because, honestly, how is anyone going to tell the difference?

I got 5 coins from NF. I don't see a difference with RNG.

MADGAME

Gahhhh I haven't been able to play since Tuesday night! It will be 48 hours by the time I can log in after work tonight!!!

What have I missed? Anything important?

I need to get this Husk of the Pit weapon don't I??

Anyone want to run bounties, dailies and other XP grinds around 7pm EST tonight?

I do, need to run Eris bounties from the past 2 days plus today, dailies, and maybe some strikes.

Deku Tree

Reposting for new page

We are Doing a gatekeepers VoG glimmer farm. Takes about forty minutes to go from zero to glimmer cap. Learned this from Boguester. You run around in a circle, chain supers, and destroy everything and make 600 glimmer in 30 seconds. Die. Repeat.

Just join. Need two.

WipedOut

Reposting for new page

We are Doing a gatekeepers VoG glimmer farm. Takes about forty minutes to go from zero to glimmer cap. Learned this from Boguester. You run around in a circle, chain supers, and destroy everything and make 600 glimmer in 30 seconds. Die. Repeat.

Just join. Need two.
PS or XB?

I finally went through the new raid. My eyes have never seen such destructive beauty. I tried my hardest to not die while looking at things like
a sun trying to explode in my face,
but I couldn't stop. Could u please take pics?

Came in to post that I am effectively hooked back into Destiny since the DLC launched, and I got me the Husk of the Pit on my first try from the Fist of Crota mission with the Heroic modifier.

And it's funny to see my Level 30 guardian using a white weapon until I can upgrade it :) Have fun guys and gals!

For those that have the black hammer....

It seems that you need to get those 3 precision shots in pretty quickly; if you take your time between shows (10 seconds) it doesn't refill that mag :(

Also, ran Crotas End on two hunters this week, ended up with 4 gloves... what the shit?! I thought the loot distribution was supposed to be better in the new raid?

Either way, looking forward to the Destiny Weekly today, my bet is they are going to address the Crota cheeses very soon.
My total drops for Crota's End:
Titan gloves, gloves, fusion
Hunter boots, boots, shotgun
Warlock: shotgun

Real good variety there!

Ambitious

Jinjo, if you're still up for glimmer farming, I'm going to arrive at home in about two hours. Maybe a bit earlier.

WHY DO PEOPLE STEP IN THE TITAN BUBBLE, WHHYYYYYYYYYY!?

I don't even.

Okay so it's Twilight gap, the shotgun friendly map, my team takes C, and I notice everyone on the other team died and spawned at A, so I throw my suppression grenade there while they're all grouped together, I throw my titan bubble on A, what happened next was a carnival of stupid, I pretty much spawned camped in my bubble, wave after wave, after wave of people coming into my bubble and I'm just punching them to death ended the match with Relentless ffs, finished the 5 multikill bounty, the Iron Wrath bounty, over 4000xp earned and 7 of the 10 melee kills was done (shockingly) in that 1 match.

the hilarious thing is that i killed so many people in my bubble I gained a super to put up another bubble in the same place, if i wasn't levelling up my Armamantarium, I would have blinded these fools with my Saint Helm 14.

One thing I love to do when playing with my Warlock is to glide over a bubble, drop down into it, drop a Solar Grenade and immediately bail out vertically again. It's risky and doesn't always work, of course, but it's fun when I pull it off. Some people just don't think of looking up.
Besides, I don't play Crucible seriously anyway. I play it just for bounties and marks.

I have seen 2 armor drops in 12 check points and 6 chests. Meanwhile every other raid member needs only 1 armor piece each. Wtf game.

Loot has been horrible for me since TDB dropped

spyder_ur

Any CE groups going out tonight, ideally around 7:30 eastern or a bit later? Have a 30 Titan to clear with. Would also consider a hard VoG raid.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Trying to reach level 20 and doing the story missions with weak ass weapons is the worst thing about this game. No wonder so many people spew hate on Destiny. :/

Also I didn't get a first blood medal wtf? Buggy shit.

Deku Tree

haha, no interest. I farmed a lil with Nami last night and it seems like a neverending nightmare.

I didn't farm it, I just did the daily sword knight kill bounties and the husk just popped for me this morning. I bet you can get it before you hit Eris rank 3 just doing the daily bounty etc without farming it.

I haven't gotten an exotic on any of my characters in any raids or nightfalls in over 4 weeks.

I've only had a blue engram turn into a legendary item just once.

I've only seen two legendary engrams drop ever.

This is 200+ hours of gameplay.

Bacon

So I was a level 22 last night, doing bounties and such trying to get rares, then I decided to buy the expansion to have some more missions to do. After I bought it two level 20 rare armor pieces were delivered to me via the postmaster, which completed my set of level 20 rares. Looks like if you buy the expansion Bungie basically trivializes the grind from level 20-25ish.

Don't know if this was known, but I was quite happy about it!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is it me or does the Necrocasm seem a bit underwhelming... I mean... it's not like it's the Necrorgasm or anything...

Trying to reach level 20 and doing the story missions with weak ass weapons is the worst thing about this game. No wonder so many people spew hate on Destiny. :/

Also I didn't get a first blood medal wtf? Buggy shit.

I leveled an alt to level 12 yesterday. Gonna try to get the last 8 levels tonight. It's definately the worst thing about the game. I don't mind farming mats etc but that 1-20 grind. Bleh.

Shito

That probably won't happen though. It's not like you fight swordbearers all the time. Don't worry, I'll only grind it for a little while.
Well, I know I'll be doing that Eris bounty for a loooong while before reaching rank 4 with her, so there's always that. :)

Kensuke

The night people bumrushed, I went into the mission with a team of three.

One got it the second kill.

48 minutes later, it dropped for the remaining two of us on the same kill. It was pretty crazy.

48 minutes? Damn. How many swordbearers did you guys kill in that time? I think you can kill 1 every 2-3 minutes if you're quick.

k1t4j

True brother, I got shards all the way twice and twice Swordbreaker at "He's just another knight with a big sword" Crota.

Steroyd

Reposting for new page

Just join.

Edit full.

Wow you weren't kidding, plus I got 37 axiomatic beads for a further 7400k glimmer, I can upgrade 4 things straightaway on Xursday tomorrow! Feels good to put one finger up on that Glimmer cap.

blazeuk

Anyone making any groups for CE for people new to it? First time I've got a few days off work since it came out but it's already at the point where people only want experienced players running with them.

Deku Tree

Wow you weren't kidding, plus I got 37 axiomatic beads for a further 7400k glimmer, I can upgrade 4 things straightaway on Xursday tomorrow! Feels good to put one finger up on that Glimmer cap.

Yup. It's that good. Learned from Boguester. I have 68 beads since I did it twice and saved them.

You have it and others are getting there with it?

Videos of it in use?

Nobody has it except Bungie. You need hard raid to get it.

neoism

Titans are the only classes anyone should ever be playing.

Hunters exist just to satisfy PVP doofuses and Warlocks are mages that can't break out of the shooter mold enough to be useful.

Titans are masterclass and shit on the other two from a great height and all cooperative experiences would be simple if people just played more titans.

If you like cheap ass shit you like titans... cheapest fucking class in the game .

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I opened 3 gorgon chests last night.

I got 3 Thunderlords last night from those chests.

What are the odds, really?

How do people most efficiently do the Eris kill hive from behind mission?

In the first DLC mission, I run by everyone, including the 2 knights. Then I sneak back out and shoot a few in the back, then I go forward and shoot one of the summoners in the back. Rinse and repeat. I usually get 5 or 6 per run, takes about 5 minutes. Of course, on my hunter, I just go invisible and clean up.

Deku Tree

Haha, sorry, I know I have you on my list and it is something like that.

It isn't what the Husk of the Pit turns into? What does that weapon turn into then?

Ohh ok.

Husk > legendary > exotic necrochasm

Necrochasm upgrade requires a hard mode item drop.

I bet the necrochasm will be good for DPS on Crota.

Top Bottom