• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Zakalwe

Banned
nMYoZaP.png

Heh.

It's funny how earnest the NPCs can be while trying to shoehorn game restrictions into the lore without even bothering to explain why.

Meneses

Is there a good way of getting the
timed
chest in CE (
the one after the
bridge part, on the corridor with the two shriekers
) as a Hunter solo?
When exactly does the timer start? Is it once you fire the first shot at the first shrieker?

And how long does it take for the door to close?

I tried a mix of invisibility / running like hell / Rockets or Icebreaker to the shriekers' faces, but I wasn't executing it perfectly and died a bunch of times or was too slow.

The one time I almost got there, i was killed just as I was jumping over the hole and it saved the next checkpoint -_-'

Edit: Spoilered just in case, no clue if we still need them.

Shito

Is there a good way of getting the timed chest in CE (the one after the bridge part, on the corridor with the two shriekers) as a Hunter solo?

When exactly does the timer start? Is it once you fire the first shot at the first shrieker?

And how long does it take for the door to close?
I've read somewhere (on reddit I think) it's one minute, starting from your spawn.

Shito

I still don't understand all of you guys farming that long for the Husk.
I'll get it eventually one day while doing one of those "kill 3 swordbearers on earth or the moon" bounty from Eris. I'm not really in a hurry or anything...

LiK

Gotta say it was hilarious when we found out one of the people in our CE raid group last night was a noob. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. I was telling the guy to stay on the totem while I went to grab the sword at the bridge part and he didn't do it so we wiped. After we wiped a second time to it, we asked him if he ever played CE and he said no. Please mention if you're a noob instead of winging it as we go.

Bizazedo

They lost a lot of people with this. Undisputed mistake. If they do this on the next expansion the game is done.

Bungie, hope you're listening.

Do you have stats / citations? You seem to be speaking from a position of knowledge and I thirst for such.

It's not all anecdotal, is it?

Namikaze1

Why the fuck am I getting a Black Wax Idol when that damn Blade's body and my own are 25-30 feet apart?!

This shit is gltiched for me! Fucking Black Wax everywhere.

Namikaze1

I hate that I got a nice looking Raid gear last night. I want to max it out now. why can't I quit this game? :(
What you got? I already have all of my gauntlets' upgrades nodes unlocked though I'm not wasting my 21 Rad Shards on it. Gonna use it on my chest instead.

Deku Tree

If you still got room I would love to join! Im already on your friend list

Of course but we could still use three or four more.

We are looking to do a gatekeepers VoG glimmer farm. Takes about forty minutes to go from zero to glimmer cap. Learned this from Boguester. You run around in a circle, chain supers, and destroy everything and make 600 glimmer in 30 seconds. Die. Repeat.

Quote my post and your in. We can start when we have three more.

noomi

For those that have the black hammer....

It seems that you need to get those 3 precision shots in pretty quickly; if you take your time between shows (10 seconds) it doesn't refill that mag :(

Also, ran Crotas End on two hunters this week, ended up with 4 gloves... what the shit?! I thought the loot distribution was supposed to be better in the new raid?

Either way, looking forward to the Destiny Weekly today, my bet is they are going to address the Crota cheeses very soon.

Of course but we could still use three or four more.

We are looking to do a gatekeepers VoG glimmer farm. Takes about forty minutes to go from zero to glimmer cap. Learned this from Boguester. You run around in a circle, chain supers, and destroy everything and make 600 glimmer in 30 seconds. Die. Repeat.

Quote my post and your in. We can start when we have three more.
I can join you guys.

Edit: won't have a mic fyi

Due
Sleepy
KeRaSh
Jinjo
Nuszka
ocean
panda-zebra
Greenymac -Whats up my brother!

We will be looking at 9pm +GMT if it is today as I am working late, if we are not doing it today then tomorrow for sure.

I am not sure how many spots we have atm, I will know when I get home.

Namikaze1

Okay what the fuck! I sniped him from the damn platform and I get Black Wax Idol. How the fuck am I getting a Black Wax Idol from that height?! That waste furthest I was from him! This shit is fucking gltiched for me!

Shito

It starts from when you kill the second shrieker.
Are you sure?
Found where I got the one minute from the spawn thing: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2pgazb/crotas_end_raid_2nd_chest_the_simple_truth/

And I saw videos of people only killing the first shrieker but having the door start to close...

[EDIT]
Seems to have some more intricacy to it:

After looking at all the videos with different closing times it looks like this: The door starts to close more than one ways.
It looks to me like it could easily be on an over all timer.
It could also start closing as soon as you pass the last exploding thrall.
The two videos by /u/Paladuck and /u/Macluffin Seem to show that as soon as they've entered the room with the hole in it, the door starts to close.
SOOOOO, to me, it seems as though there could be a one minute timer overall. BUT if you make it into the room with the hole before that one minute is up, the door starts to close as soon as you enter.

Top Bottom