• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

E92 M3

I am looking forward to the update this evening...curious to hear what's next.

Hopefully some hints at future bug fixes and a new Queen's Wrath.

AND TOMORROW IS XURDAYYYYY

Keep your expectations as low as possible so you won't get disappointed. And yes Xurday has gotten more exciting. Really hoping for some heavy ammo.

gdt

Okay that makes 5 of us.

1. Gdt
2. Pansargrynning
3. Catfax
4. Androo2300
5. Shockerx4k
6. Computermkii

Full.

Sending invites now.

Wallach

Xur best have the fucking Gjallarhorn for sale tomorrow, SERIOUSLY!

It's going to be No Land Beyond.
AziD971.png

EL CUCO

So are people going to let me try running the sword for the first time next week when I am hopefully a 32?

I have forty eight radiant shards and I still need to do the raid on one character. (Already got the chests though)

63 radiant shards = me a 32.

You'd have to pry it out of my cold dead Warlock's hands :p

Jk. We can finally promote you up from Tower Knight duty.

Keep your expectations as low as possible so you won't get disappointed. And yes Xurday has gotten more exciting. Really hoping for some heavy ammo.

Part of it is that I forgot to buy exotic shards last week so I've got two exotics ready to be maxed out, plus I can finally turn in my urn quest and get some nice gauntlets. Anything else is icing on the cake!

MIDI upgrade pls

pj

Banned
Today's Daily is my favorite new-enemy-introducing narrative:

Wait, what? Are you serious?!

First, what were those things, because I destroyed them all.
Secondly, THEY'RE VEX! YOU JUST SAID THAT FIVE MINUTES AGO! HOW CAN YOU DETECT AND CALL THEM BY NAME AND THEN NOT KNOW?!

The best part is the line from earlier in the mission.

"There's a lot here about some war machines called the Vex. Indestructible, relentless, supremely intelligent. And they can teleport. Great."

Indestructible - obviously not, most of them can be one shotted in the tummy
Supremely intelligent - if running forward while shooting or standing in place sniping makes you supremely intelligent then PVP is filled with Einsteins
Relentless - relentlessly dull, more like!

If Joe Staten is the wordsmith behind these gems, I'm glad he's gone. I honestly believe anyone who's read more than 10 books in their life could write better dialog.

TP-DK

In the first Iron Banner event you could get extra xp by wearing the emblem (and perhaps other stuff?) can you still do that this time?

Alright let's do this! Need 5 for a Crota Raid. I have the bridge checkpoint, but can start fresh too. I can also be the swordsman if needed. Did it yesterday for the first time and it went great. Whole run took about 75minutes.

1.gdt

No cheeses preferably.

Death4romabove22 31 hunter & warlock

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Part of it is that I forgot to buy exotic shards last week so I've got two exotics ready to be maxed out, plus I can finally turn in my urn quest and get some nice gauntlets. Anything else is icing on the cake!

MIDI upgrade pls
I forgot about the Urn quest, thank you. looking forward to that

My requests...

Upgrades:
Red Death (Xur please I've been good to you, I screwed up and missed it last week)
Hawkmoon (it's time to enter the new era)
Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
MIDA Multi-Tool
Gjallarhorn

For sale:
Radiant Dance Machines or Don't Touch Me
Glasshouse
Part of the Fraxic Hire
GJALLARHORN.

So are people going to let me try running the sword for the first time next week when I am hopefully a 32?

I have forty eight radiant shards and I still need to do the raid on one character. (Already got the chests though)

You'd have to pry it out of my cold dead Warlock's hands :p

Jk. We can finally promote you up from Tower Knight duty.

I think La Cuco-racha has earned his role as Crota-slayer. He tapped that ass like a pimp last night.

joecanada

No it's not "same old story", if I was criticizing anyone being a noob as a sunbro it's that you shouldn't be dying to use the self res in the first place, that's where the buck stops, when you start talking about pushing Atheon off a ledge, cheesing the bridge etc, that's not sunbros being awesome that's the game being a glitchy mess.

To be honest, I've never felt any cheese so far has saved me that much time in comparison, then again, that might be because of the teams I generally roll with.

edit - already addressed * snip - basically sunbros are rambos ,

cheesing can be done with anyone who has an imagination, hunter invisible solo lamps, titans groups can bubble up through the lamps, hell you can call anything cheese if you want to , titan jumping straight onto Crota's platform could have been unintended by Bungie for all you know....

X-Frame

I have 8 radiant shards. :/

You've done the raid 6 times so far and gotten all the chests? Sharded excess raid gear as well?

Deku Tree

I think La Cuco-racha has earned his role as Crota-slayer. He tapped that ass like a pimp last night.

Coco did a fantastic job last night for sure. But 32 though... :)

Seriously I would like as many people (level 31+) to get to try to play Swordmaster as want to do it. I think everyone at this point can learn how to do it with a few tries (not too many) and a semi-patient crew. It's the most fun role to play in the final encounter so people say...

Anyway I have three characters and I'm happy to switch it out.

I have 8 radiant shards. :/

You've done the raid 6 times so far and gotten all the chests? Shared excess raid gear as well?

I have beaten the raid through Crota 4 times and gotten all chests. I have been carried through the raid by a solo artist up to Crota and gotten all chests one additional time (last week on my then 27 Hunter). And I got the two chests one additional time (again this week on my Hunter).

And I still need to get the three loot drops from the Crota raid this week on my Hunter who just turned 30 today. I have gotten lucky with very lopsided drops. I have 47 or 48 Radiant Shards and 15 Radiant Energies and I never upgraded anything with them yet. Unless I get only Radiant energies for a while (which could happen) then I should be able to hit level 32 next week hopefully.

E92 M3

But 32 though... :)

Seriously I would like as many people (level 31+) to get to try to play Swordmaster as want to do it. I think everyone at this point can learn how to do it with a few tries (not too many) and a semi-patient crew. It's the most fun role to play in the final encounter so people say...

Anyway I have three characters and I'm happy to switch it out.

I have beaten the raid through Crota 4 times and gotten all chests. I have been carried through the raid by a solo artist up to Crota and gotten all chests one additional time (last week on my then 27 Hunter). And I got the two chests one additional time (again this week on my Hunter).

And I still need to get the three loot drops from the Crota raid this week on my Hunter who just turned 30 today. I have gotten lucky with very lopsided drops. I have 47 or 48 Radiant Shards and 15 Radiant Energies and I never upgraded anything with them yet. Unless I get only Radiant energies for a while (which could happen) then I should be able to hit level 32 next week hopefully.

You lucky tree! Rockstar's latest patch will just give you more success!

phen0m24

This weekend once I've gotten all the loot drops from CE on my characters, I plan on starting some Hard Mode VoG runs too because of the same reason -- I need Fatebringer.

Plus, shards and energy as a bonus.

Fatebringer firefly kills with countless thrall = artificially high kill count for me

Deku Tree

What the?

I beat Atheon on Hard with this guardian on Tuesday and got loot, bungie.net says not completed....

MXYSLkJ.jpg

Did you start from after the Templar? The loot drops and not organized by boss. Which yellow box is filled seems to be somewhat random. That just means you only got two boss loot drops.

Nuszka

Due
Sleepy
KeRaSh
Jinjo
Nuszka
ocean
panda-zebra
Greenymac -Whats up my brother!

We will be looking at 9pm +GMT if it is today as I am working late, if we are not doing it today then tomorrow for sure.

I am not sure how many spots we have atm, I will know when I get home.

Sorry but i will not be able to be home by that time both nights so you can take me of the list. Most likley 11pm gmt if anyone is still up for it.

noomi

Did you start from after the Templar? The loot drops and not organized by boss. Which yellow box is filled seems to be somewhat random. That just means you only got two boss loot drops.

Aha! Yes, I started right after the templar. That makes sense lol, thanks for clarifying. Was getting excited about another shot @ Atheon exotic drops :D

Myself (PSN: theepicoftyler) and acevans2 (PSN: Micheal_Bluth) are looking to do Vault of Glass on normal for the first time tonight. Level 28 Warlock and level 26 Titan. We were going to do it Tuesday, but plans changed. Any help would be appreciated.

If we can't get enough people for a raid we were hoping someone would help us through some high level strikes.

realcZk

Myself (PSN: theepicoftyler) and acevans2 (PSN: Micheal_Bluth) are looking to do Vault of Glass on normal for the first time tonight. Level 28 Warlock and level 26 Titan. We were going to do it Tuesday, but plans changed. Any help would be appreciated.

If we can't get enough people for a raid we were hoping someone would help us through some high level strikes.

I have two friends that haven't done it before either, and I was looking for more VoG newbies to run through with them for a fun experience. They probably wouldn't have time until Saturday though, no need to wait, but if you want to do it again then let me know!

Deku Tree

Crota's End Hard Raid lvl is 33? Duh fuk?

Yup that's been rumored for a while because (I think it was me who noticed that) DrCrispy (a bungie game tester and video star) was playing the level 33 Crota Raid on DestinyDB. Then confirmed in the Destiny App and also sort of confirmed earlier by 331 max attack weapons which would only really matter against level 33 enemies. Bungie says "git gud".

patchday

Info dump:

Checked Twitch.tv yesterday. There was bout 78k LoL (league of legends) viewers. Destiny was around the top 10 with bout 7,800 viewers. Not sure if popularity spike is due to DLC but I thought that was impressive

Top Bottom