• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Having to relevel exotic weapons is such a chore. They I've been working on Suros since last Friday and it's still only half leveled. And I haven't even started on my other upgraded exotics like Thunderlord or Truth. It's going to take me til the next expansion to get them up to max level at which point they will need to be leveled again.

It's so stupid that Bungie didn't just give the exotics that you upgrade through Xur a 3x XP bonus or something. They could of negated a lot of the complaints about it they had made the re-leveling process easier. As it stands it's barely worth doing.

mattxt08

Banned
Hey,

New GAF member, compulsive Destiny player. My PSN is in my profile (I'd rather not list it in case its googleable).

31 Warlock, 30 Titan, 30 Hunter (can probably get to 31 with them but saving glimmer)

Looking for good groups to try Crota's end with.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Having to relevel exotic weapons is such a chore. They I've been working on Suros since last Friday and it's still only half leveled. And I haven't even started on my other upgraded exotics like Thunderlord or Truth. It's going to take me til the next expansion to get them up to max level at which point they will need to be leveled again.

It's so stupid that Bungie didn't just give the exotics that you upgrade through Xur a 3x XP bonus or something. They could of negated a lot of the complaints about it they had made the re-leveling process easier. As it stands it's barely worth doing.

It really does take a while. I just rotate the weapons between my 3 characters and equip them before turning in bounties.

Deku Tree

Hey,

New GAF member, compulsive Destiny player. My PSN is in my profile (I'd rather not list it in case its googleable).

31 Warlock, 30 Titan, 30 Hunter (can probably get to 31 with them but saving glimmer)

Welcome. You'll find lots and lots of people to fight Crota's end with here.

Namikaze1

Journal Entry #666

Hour 11

As I stand before the dismantled Blade of Crota corpse, tired and bloody from the near endless Hive attacks, I stare ahead at my prize. I take a few steps towards it but my body gives in. I tumble forth and land on the cold stone ground with a loud thud. I try my best to get up but my legs just can't no longer support me. With no other option left, I begin to crawl. Blood smeared the ground behind me as I crawl to my prize. Once I'm within reach, I reach out with my hand. I turn my body to lay on my back. I weep as I cradle the cold steel in my arms. I didn't care I was dying. I finally found it.

As I lay there, I had one regret. I never told her how I felt. The female hunter I traveled with to the moon to finally put an end to Crota. Dear fig, if you're reading this, it means I'm gone. I want you to know how I feel.

Fig, I hate you and Math is still the better dressed Hunter.

*dies*

tumblr_m08zjp7RLN1r3b2jc.gif

GlamFM

Banned
Hey,

Welcome.
Just keep an eye out in this thread and you will have beaten Crota before the day is over.

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
My apologies for the newb questions but was wondering about a couple of things:

1. If I'm using the sunsinger subclass for the warlock with the "gift of the sun" perk in use and have the exotic starfire protocol, does that mean I'll have at my disposal the use of three grenades?

2. Is the Mythoclast the best exotic rifle in the game? What does it do so well? From what I've read and seen, it seems like Icebreaker is the best. Also is the Mythoclast the rarest as far as ownership is concerned? If so why?

Shito

Info dump:

Checked Twitch.tv yesterday. There was bout 78k LoL (league of legends) viewers. Destiny was around the top 10 with bout 7,800 viewers. Not sure if popularity spike is due to DLC but I thought that was impressive
Nah, been watching Destiny streams since it released: it has been hovering around those values for weeks now. Right now it's at 9,000+.
Game has legs. ^^

Qwell

Finally leveled my Dragon's Breath enough to unlock the solar flare ... it really is just a warlock grenade. Its kind of cool I guess, but after finally getting a Gjallarhorn a week before the expansion and using that a bunch... just nothing touches it. At least it has some pretty good velocity, so even without tracking as long as the enemy isn't constantly moving its pretty easy to land a direct hit. And it does work well for groups of mobs like the Hive.

Journal Entry #666

Hour 11

As I stand before the dismantled Blade of Crota corpse, tired and bloody from the near endless Hive attacks, I stare ahead at my prize. I take a few steps towards it but my body gives in. I tumble forth and land on the cold stone ground with a loud thud. I try my best to get up but my legs just can't no longer support me. With no other option left, I begin to crawl. Blood smeared the ground behind me as I crawl to my prize. Once I'm within reach, I reach out with my hand. I turn my body to lay on my back. I weep as I cradle the cold steel in my arms. I didn't care I was dying. I finally found it.

As I lay there, I had one regret. I never told her how I felt. The female hunter I traveled with to the moon to finally put an end to Crota. Dear fig, if you're reading this, it means I'm gone. I want you to know how I feel.

*dies*

simpsonsgifsmall.gif

ocean

Banned

3x would have been nice. Instead the current XP buff on Xûr-upgraded exotics is a measly 5% :/ I'll do Suros, Ice Breaker and my Armamentarium, that's it. Fuck being spit in the face by Bungie's improvised as fuck progression gating and poor communication.

realcZk

My apologies for the newb questions but was wondering about a couple of things:

1. If I'm using the sunsinger subclass for the warlock with the "gift of the sun" perk in use and have the exotic starfire protocol, does that mean I'll have at my disposal the use of three grenades?

2. Is the Mythoclast the best exotic rifle in the game? What does it do so well? From what I've read and seen, it seems like Icebreaker is the best. Also is the Mythoclast the rarest as far as ownership is concerned? If so why?

1. Nope, max number of grenades at a time seems to be 2, they do not stack.

2. The Vex Mythoclast is a primary exotic fusion rifle that can only be obtained by defeating the final boss of the Vault of Glass on hard mode. The Mythoclast is definitely rarer than the Icebreaker considering it can't be dropped randomly/rolled from engrams/nightfalls and the Icebreaker was sold by Xur at one point.

Myself (PSN: theepicoftyler) and acevans2 (PSN: Micheal_Bluth) are looking to do Vault of Glass on normal for the first time tonight. Level 28 Warlock and level 26 Titan. We were going to do it Tuesday, but plans changed. Any help would be appreciated.

If we can't get enough people for a raid we were hoping someone would help us through some high level strikes.
Think I have another friend who's a newbie that what's to do this later today. We can form s group if you like.

todd360

Journal Entry #666

Hour 11

*dies*

I legit started furiously eating popcorn on my lunch break half way into this. Loled so hard at the end. Michael Jackson popcorn gif

EL CUCO

How do you get the short hunter capes? All mine go down to my hunter's knees.

It's the white common one, I believe. I dont like how Titan marks look so I rock the very first one I ever got. Unless you're referring to a different type of cloak.

Buy a common class item engram from the neighborhood cryptarch. See if that's what you're looking for.

Edit: Ahh yeah maybe you're looking for the blue ones.

Ran CE last night all the way through again, finally got the shards to be level 31. Crota gave me 2 fucking energy, so insane.

On the plus side, Titan got his raid chest as well, just missing boots.

Ran through up to Crota on my hunter, he has all of his raid gear now (except for the helmet).

Still miffed about the ratio of energy to shard drops. 33 energy sitting in my vault now, and I've only acquired a total of 14 shards. Boo, Bungie.

Valus Tau'urc has been toppled. Undying Mind is much worse.

Actually having a physical barrier which prevents you from running to the end and facing all the bullet sponge yellow enemies is worse. Just imagining this with a void or solar burn sends shivers down my spine.

Deku Tree

A lot of blues are short and I have this cool bloody/ripped one that I like to use sometimes.

It's the white common one, I believe. I dont like how Titan marks look so I rock the very first one I ever got. Unless you're referring to a different type of cloak.

Buy a common class item engram from the neighborhood cryptarch. See if that's what you're looking for.

Edit: Ahh yeah maybe you're looking for the blue ones.

Thanks! I'll try both!

rNilla

Eris won't stop gushing about how Crota is dead. If she's so impressed so should give me a damn rep boost. Stingy green-eyed weirdo!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Would have been a great idea to have a rep boost for killing Crota. Certainly logical if anything.

One of the most nonsensical things in a game full of nonsensical things. Oh you want Crota rep? Well, you certainly won't get any by doing the Crota Raid and killing the boss! Instead, please go kill 3 these low level mobs on earth.

spyder_ur

One of the most nonsensical things in a game full of nonsensical things. Oh you want Crota rep? Well, you certainly won't get any by doing the Crota Raid and killing the boss! Instead, please go kill 3 these low level mobs on earth.

Ha, this is so true. I just assumed I would get a lot of rep for the Crota raid, or get an item that could be exchanged in some quest. Something.

I'm also not quite sure why Eris cares so specifically about how I'm killing stuff. Oh well - still haven't passed rank 1 in Eris on any of my characters, can't bring myself to grind that for some reason.

Top Bottom