• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Me too. I think Bungie knows how much we love it and how good it is. They don't want to nerf it so the next best thing is limiting who has it with rng.

1374.gif

Deku Tree

Deku, just to make sure I got this right:
1. Load Gatekeeper checkpoint in the VoG
2. Use blue polyphage
3. Kill all enemies as quickly as possible
4. Collect all pyramid thingies
5. Wipe and repeat

Does the difficulty matter?

Yes exactly. Do it on Normal. It goes faster and I don't think you get more glimmer on Hard. Also we were running around in a loop clockwise and ignoring the gatekeeper and ignoring the enemies up by where Atheon spawns. Also stay together so that you get glimmer for everyone else kills and lastly chain supers and pick up orbs. Blade dancer. Nova Bomb. Titan Smash. 30 seconds gets you 592 glimmer. Wipe and repeat. It's worth saying again that I learned this from Boguester last week. Saving all the pyramid thingies in your vault will get you a bunch more glimmer later on too.

BLU-82

I just saw on reddit that buying the hive damage perk on the blackhammer will break the white nail perk as the damage is not crit...(on hive)
That was the last thing I did last night before logging off =/

raindoc

Valus Tau'urc has been toppled. Undying Mind is much worse.

Actually having a physical barrier which prevents you from running to the end and facing all the bullet sponge yellow enemies is worse. Just imagining this with a void or solar burn sends shivers down my spine.

i've read this so many times now... (IMO) you know this game has grinding-problems if a strike is only considered any good if you can run through the whole damn thing right up to the boss fight.

Deku Tree

I just saw on reddit that buying the hive damage perk on the blackhammer will break the white nail perk as the damage is not crit...(on hive)

Yup. It's been posted here too. Silly bug. You might not want to upgrade your blackhammer that far until they fix it...

raindoc

That's not true. I did Phogoth with a maxed out BH the other day. Dude could barely move.

EDIT: Here's a clip of that. You can see it's fully maxed due to the damage dealt (3035, IB would be 2940).
And I got the hive damage boost before upgrading the last two bubbles.

Ambitious

Now that's just hilarious: I need to complete five strikes without dying for the Invective exotic bounty. So as usual, I selected the Nexus in the Director. Spawned in the area right before the boss. I ran to the edge above the boss room, and he was already down to ~25% health. Cool.
So I started the Nexus strike a second time. Spawned in the same spot. And just as I arrived at the edge: "Great work."

Two down, three to go.

Zakalwe

Banned
Deku, just to make sure I got this right:
1. Load Gatekeeper checkpoint in the VoG
2. Use blue polyphage
3. Kill all enemies as quickly as possible
4. Collect all pyramid thingies
5. Wipe and repeat

Does the difficulty matter?

Normal is fine.

Do this.

Can get it down to 30 seconds or so if you chain supers well.

Ignore the part about mobs inside the portal, not efficient to get them.

nowai

It really does take a while. I just rotate the weapons between my 3 characters and equip them before turning in bounties.

They did SIGNIFICANTLY lower the amount of XP required to level exotics though.

It used to take me about 2-3 days of doing bounties on all three characters to level an exotic weapon, I can do it in a day now.

Exotic armor is even easier due to getting rep from end of missions and patrols.

raindoc

That's not true. I did Phogoth with a maxed out BH the other day. Dude could barely move.

EDIT: Here's a clip of that. You can see it's fully maxed due to the damage dealt (3035, IB would be 2940).
And I got the hive damage boost before upgrading the last two bubbles.

Ok sweet. I'm at work and haven't used it since buying that upgrade either. Phew!

I just realized that it should do more damage, or a boss doesn't count as major/ultra. 3035 is the same amount of damage BH deals to the undying mind... so there might be issues after all with the Hive damage perk when going for major (hive) adds, but i'm mostly using it for bosses anyway, as long as white nail works in that setting, I'm okay.

hydruxo

I don't know, my BH is maxed (excluding the last three damage bubbles) and I used it last night during the raid and I was still getting the mag bonus.

Yes. I've got a checkpoint if you want it. I would only join for the Templar fight though; I don't have time to finish the complete raid today.

At 4pm EST I would be game. I don't need to finish the raid either, I would love a vex, but fatebringer is priority. Maybe we could grab some other gafers?

coy

Simpsons and One Piece gifs? Yes please.
I need to run the weekly and Nightfall for both my characters tonight or tomorrow. Need more coins!

If you haven't completed this and are on tonight at around 7PM PST, I need to do this as well for 2 more characters. I can come on earlier if need be but I get home just before 6PM PST. If i'm not on your FL, my PSN is coyquettish. I don't know if it's googleable or not. :p

Solo'd the first and second parts of the raid with my warlock. Once the pathway formed in the first part I died (thought the path was formed but wasn't so I fell off) so I had to use radiance to get back up and run towards the light. Was wondering of the weight of darkness wears off once the path is formed. Couldn't tell cause of radiance

WelcomeNowhere

Neo Member
Solo'd the first and second parts of the raid with my warlock. Once the pathway formed in the first part I died (thought the path was formed but wasn't so I fell off) so I had to use radiance to get back up and run towards the light. Was wondering of the weight of darkness wears off once the path is formed. Couldn't tell cause of radiance
Yea, once you kill the ogre you just have to wait for the adds to despawn and the bridge to build, then the weight of darkness goes away.

Yea, once you kill the ogre you just have to wait for the adds to despawn and the bridge to build, then the weight of darkness goes away.

Ok cause I killed the ogre and then decided to run for it for some stupid reason. Still made it but not gonna have radiance on my titan so wanted to make sure. I can't believe how easy it is lol

E92 M3

Destiny is not only taking me away from Giantbomb time but also playing my CURRENT gen backlog that is creepily growing. In one sense I've always wanted to invest in a game that's growing with an active community, on the other I have Diablo 3 and Horizon 2 still wrapped a chunk of digital games. What a first world problem.

Is the Iron Banner dropping any IB weapons this time?

Not seen anyone get anything yet.

I find it rediculous that they release Iron Banner part 3 on the 2nd week post DLC.

I'm not even participating this time, got my shit up to 31 on two characters and leveling up weapons at the moment also trying to level up Eris to get a Rune Core

I find it rediculous that they release Iron Banner part 3 on the 2nd week post DLC.

I'm not even participating this time, got my shit up to 31 on two characters and leveling up weapons at the moment also trying to level up Eris to get a Rune Core

The rewards seem completely worthless to me but I'm playing for the XP and I do like competing in the IB, though it would be nice to get something extra from it.

LiK

Destiny is not only taking me away from Giantbomb time but also playing my CURRENT gen backlog that is creepily growing. In one sense I've always wanted to invest in a game that's growing with an active community, on the other I have Diablo 3 and Horizon 2 still wrapped a chunk of digital games. What a first world problem.

Destiny is basically how I used to play Diablo 2, StarCraft and Counter-Strike. It's become quite an obsession.

E92 M3

Destiny is basically how I used to play Diablo 2, StarCraft and Counter-Strike. It's become quite an obsession.

That and problem is missing one day is almost equivalent to falling behind your friends. It's very stressful sometimes - and that's a weird thought to have about a video game.

Could I get the checkpoint if you beat Templar? Just want to do Atheon. Can get through gorgons and gatekeepers quickly
I have a Gorgonn checkpoint if you want it right now. Just need someone to stay on so I can transfer to my other character and grab the chest.

Edit: nm, my cp is for normal.

Sullichin

I thought I wouldn't really play IB but who the hell am I kidding. More bounties and the best games of control. Will probably get rank 4 after this next set.

Young Ahamkara's Spine, omg. So many grenade kills.

Frenden

Banned
I thought I wouldn't really play IB but who the hell am I kidding. More bounties and the best games of control. Will probably get rank 4 after this next set.

Young Amakaras Spine, omg. So many grenade kills.

My favorite hunter exotic. Never ending claymores in control.

Ambitious

Yes exactly. Do it on Normal. It goes faster and I don't think you get more glimmer on Hard. Also we were running around in a loop clockwise and ignoring the gatekeeper and ignoring the enemies up by where Atheon spawns. Also stay together so that you get glimmer for everyone else kills and lastly chain supers and pick up orbs. Blade dancer. Nova Bomb. Titan Smash. 30 seconds gets you 592 glimmer. Wipe and repeat. It's worth saying again that I learned this from Boguester last week. Saving all the pyramid thingies in your vault will get you a bunch more glimmer later on too.

Normal is fine.

Do this.

Can get it down to 30 seconds or so if you chain supers well.

Ignore the part about mobs inside the portal, not efficient to get them.

Thanks! Now I just need to find a group.

At 4pm EST I would be game. I don't need to finish the raid either, I would love a vex, but fatebringer is priority. Maybe we could grab some other gafers?

So in about two hours? That's fine.

Could I get the checkpoint if you beat Templar? Just want to do Atheon. Can get through gorgons and gatekeepers quickly

Sure.

Temidien

Neo Member
That and problem is missing one day is almost equivalent to falling behind your friends. It's very stressful sometimes - and that's a weird thought to have about a video game.

This is how I've been feeling for a while now. Last night I only had time to run a few bounties and I still haven't raided this week, I feel completely thrown off.

I don't know, my BH is maxed (excluding the last three damage bubbles) and I used it last night during the raid and I was still getting the mag bonus.

Nice!! I just got Black Hammer last night with the crit reload perk unlocked. Can't wait to do the weeklies!

Same except Command & Conquer Generals and Socom 2 for me!

Yea especially when raid groups are already requiring L31. I haven't been able to reach L31 yet. Weeky/Nightfall/Raidx2, along with Eris missions/bounties at first... hopefully this week will be back to normal. Not to mention trying to get commendations, marks, and glimmer

GRIP

If you can hold off till 4:30 I might be home from work. I have the same priority. I need me that Fatebringer.

I get home from work around 5pm est and have the checkpoint for templar if you guys wanna hold out till then.

I also am in desperate need of fatebringer.

Deku Tree

start the "we've woken the hive" mission, go to the normal place, on the left there is a big rock with a ledge. get on that. thralls will run past you and you can shoot them easily.

hunters with invisibility might be better, but i'm a warlock and didn't have that option, so this worked best for me, took 5 minutes

Did that in one wave. Once the rock stopped working started jumping in the air and shooting the thrawls as they ran past me with Fatebringer. Thanks!

Jinjo

Anyone else having server issues? Can barely log in and when I do it's lag-city. Enemies stand still, regen health, no damage numbers. Or is it just my internet? Everything else seems fine...

I finally went through the new raid. My eyes have never seen such destructive beauty. I tried my hardest to not die while looking at things like
a sun trying to explode in my face,
but I couldn't stop. Could u please take pics?

well i've taken these and some other stuff over the last few days. will definitely snap some again on a more casual raid.

OaeqySR.jpg

zBNZ8mM.jpg

hxG50Py.jpg

obob38a.jpg

nLgdeAd.jpg

MUbfqft.jpg

v7zkDxx.jpg

3pAlaVo.jpg

pNlAZl3.jpg

Top Bottom