• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

giving people roles they specialize in is an inherent part of raids, so i'm not trying to take emphasis away from that. i just think the battle is too easy unless you're running the sword. just as an inconvenient mechanic can make a fight tedious, a dull encounter makes it boring to grind through. i can't say with confidence that i'm looking forward to doing CE every week because the best parts are over in 15 minutes.

i guess i just don't feel challenged by destiny anymore.

At the rate I am earning Radiant shards, I expect to have enough to hit level 32 in 5 or 6 weeks. I think that is about the time CE will wear out its welcome so it's all good. I have no desire to run Hard mode but will probably try it once.

I wonder if six people could take Crota down in three rounds. Each round two people go up to the rock. One has the sword and attacks, then during the transition to the second attack they drop the relic off at the rock, GTFO, and the second person picks it up and goes in for another attack. This x 3 = Crota dead and all six people touched the relic.

Obviously this leaves a ton of room for mistakes but would be fun to pull off. It would probably be hard to do in only 3 rounds though (if at all).

i'd be interested in doing this for the thrill.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Does abilities stack? Let's say the lucky raspberry and raid boots both have carry more ammo for heavy weapons, will you get even more having both of them equipped?

joecanada

Yes to both. That is the only weapon worth grinding out or starting over from scratch regardless if the situation.

Well I should have specified. I'm sitting on the last slot and just waiting for xur tomorrow. If he doesn't offer 2.0 I'm going to use that exotic Shard for last slot...

Trying to get some more eyes on this.

Myself (PSN: theepicoftyler) and acevans2 (PSN: Micheal_Bluth) are looking to do Vault of Glass on normal for the first time tonight. Level 28 Warlock and level 26 Titan. We were going to do it Tuesday, but plans changed. Any help would be appreciated.

If we can't get enough people for a raid we were hoping someone would help us through some high level strikes.

I wonder if six people could take Crota down in three rounds. Each round two people go up to the rock. One has the sword and attacks, then during the transition to the second attack they drop the relic off at the rock, GTFO, and the second person picks it up and goes in for another attack. This x 3 = Crota dead and all six people touched the relic.

Obviously this leaves a ton of room for mistakes but would be fun to pull off. It would probably be hard to do in only 3 rounds though (if at all).

Lol, raid has barely been out a week and people are already thinking up challenge modes. I wonder what Bungie is talking about internally when the first 3/4 of the raid were solo'd and the final part tag teamed to completion.

Max it out. Chances of Xur selling it are extremely low. Chances of him having it available for upgrading are much higher than him selling it. Though I doubt he'll have it for upgrade tomorrow

Xur offering it as an upgrade but not for purchase would feel like the biggest troll of all. The rich get richer and the peasants get shit.

All I want for Xurmas is a Gjallarhorn. I have been a very good boy this year. I would even take an Icebreaker as a consolation. Anything else is a lump of coal.

rNilla

i'd be interested in doing this for the thrill.

I'd love to be a part of that "Crazy 3 by 6" strategy sometime.

I sense a Six Samurai Crota Challenge in the near future...

Maybe dropping the relic off at the edge of the platform rather than the rock itself would make the transition easier. Won't know until we try. :)

I don't even know why I'm coming up with this. Doing a normal sword run is incredibly nerve-wracking for me but I still think this would be fun.

joecanada

Xur offering it as an upgrade but not for purchase would feel like the biggest troll of all. The rich get richer and the peasants get shit.

All I want for Xurmas is a Gjallarhorn. I have been a very good boy this year. I would even take an Icebreaker as a consolation. Anything else is a lump of coal.

Ugh this game. I've already broken down icebreakers... I'm not even happy about it, trading should be standard

I never thought I would have bottleneck with hadronic essence. I mean, really? My titan has like 800 in plating, my hunter has 200 in wire (only low because I've been dumping it into CE raid gear)... Warlock? 5... 5 hadronic essence. Looks like strike playlist and chest farming fr me...

gjallarhorn and bladedancer cloak

I think I drunk invited you to my fireteam like 8 times last night after my company's xmas party. Oops.

Anyway, you down to do the first two parts of the raid tonight (up to the second chest)? I want to get it done on my titan before I leave tomorrow (and maybe my warlock too if i can find willing participants).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol, raid has barely been out a week and people are already thinking up challenge modes. I wonder what Bungie is talking about internally when the first 3/4 of the raid were solo'd and the final part tag teamed to completion.
:-/

The whole thing has been soloed, but I... think it's really important that we keep a few things in mind.

1) Zoba, fig, Boguester, et al in particular, and all of us here in general, are waayyyyy waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy to the east extreme of the skill curve in Destiny. Just.. I promise. Seriously. I have killed Crota three times, twice holding the sword, and in each iteration of group composition that was involved in each kill, there were people who mentioned they had been trying in another group for hours just Crota to no avail (as we did ourselves before succeeding).

I get how trivial the fight can be when everyone is absolutely on point. The entire raid is designed to allow the player control the pace of the encounters; as such, a great team can set that pace to Ludicrous Speed. But perspective is necessary. There are people out there who have not killed Crota yet simply because they haven't been able to pull it off. There are people out there for whom the idea of wielding the sword is an absolute non-option, and finding a group with someone who is both willing to and competent is a challenge before the fight even starts. There are people out there who think Normal mode CE is too hard. I know that seems laughable to a lot of us but it's true.

2) My personal raid group has had much more trouble with CE than we did with VoG, Normal or Hard. Make of that what you will, but the challenges on display apply differently to different group makeups.

3) Hard mode isn't out yet at all.

Ambitious

The same strike four times in a row? Are you fucking kidding me? Who is the idiot who decided to make strike/map selection completely random?

You really can't call that cheesing. They're legitimate strategies! Now the Warlock and exiting out of game thing on the other hand...

Are you referring to Warlock resurrection bridge "cheese"? I think that is legit, it just happens to be a test case Bungie didn't account for. Seems like an odd oversight since this is so natural to do after getting killed.

joecanada

I think I drunk invited you to my fireteam like 8 times last night after my company's xmas party. Oops.

Anyway, you down to do the first two parts of the raid tonight (up to the second chest)? I want to get it done on my titan before I leave tomorrow (and maybe my warlock too if i can find willing participants).

Wtf? I've heard of drunk dialing, drunk texting, but drunk matchmaking? Drunk fireteam matching? Drunk psn invites? Drunk party chat?
Dude you're blowing my mind

1. kb8to24 (Me)
2. UnknownFear (Friend)
3. silvertonguebr (might need to leave)
4. Darryl_M_R
5. Mindlog
6. Bigmanny287

Just to be clear we are going to start at about 2:30 PM PT. Also, this is for PS4.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are you referring to Warlock resurrection bridge "cheese"? I think that is legit, it just happens to be a test case Bungie didn't account for. Seems like an odd oversight since this is so natural to do after getting killed.
You know that you can eliminate the need for the chalice by psuedo-wiping at crota?

Namikaze1

That's a cheese and you know it! If Presence of Crota isn't on you, that's a cheese!

And if you somehow end up with two Chalices of Light like we did last night, that's not a cheese. That's a glitch that fixed itself once someone took the duplicate Chalice off of me.

Top Bottom