• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry this post is so late in the making, I usually try to do them on Tuesdays but yeah, been a sleep-deprived week ;)

Wednesday, 9:00PM EST - Static Group CE Normal Raid (last night)

While I started out last night with 5/6 of my normal group raiders, I finished it having played with 18 different people over the course of the night's events. I want to thank each and every person who joined up for their patience in letting me hone my skill with the sword and congratulate all of you for whom it was your first kill. :D My adrenaline was racing so much after my first kill that despite it already being multiple hours too late to be awake, I stuck around for another kill and got Wallach in on the action from the stream.

My static group will be reconvening at 9:00PM on Sunday to finish what we started.

Thursday, 9:00PM EST - Hawkian's Fun Time Happy Newbie Normal/Hard VoG Raid

1. ori0n
2. Ozone (need PSN)
3. Hawkian
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies to the Vault or those who just aren't comfortable with all aspects of it. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a new group, so please be willing to listen. These are a great opportunity to take on roles you don't ordinarily get the chance to try- Relic for Templar, inside/outside Gatekeepers, etc.- and just general learn to master the raid. We will employ (or at least demonstrate) tactics for each section that can be applied equally to either Normal or Hard mode. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

New note: If the group level distribution for one of these is four 30s/two 29s or better, this will shift to becoming a Hard Raid. The biggest restriction by far for a Hard raid is that you cannot revive. If you die, you're dead until the next checkpoint. As a result, it's important to play very conservatively. However, the prospect of having a full six level 30 "newbie" group is becoming more realistic by the day, and I'm confident we could pull it off. However, if you sign up for this run, please do so with the knowledge that it will default to a Normal raid if the numbers aren't in our favor.

Quote and post your PSN for one of the last three slots for tonight!

Saturday, 3:00PM EST -Hawkian's Pay-it-Foward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic

Can't do my usual Friday evening help this week due to a guild event, but I wanted to make sure to still offer a bit of assistance before Xur leaves, just in case there's anyone scrambling.

Here's the usual deal with this: I guarantee you safe passage through the Weekly Strike of your choice and show you a viable cheesy (for Nightfall) or lactose-free (for Heroic) strategy that is easy to replicate; you use this knowledge to help someone else out when the time comes!

Minimum level for the Clinic is 28 for Nightfall, 27 for Weekly Heroic. No signups for these- just come into the thread at the specified time and post asking for help and I jump in.

Why?! What did I do to you?!

tumblr_mzys8nfrxf1st18yzo1_400.gif

joecanada

Yeah, he sort of hides it with edits (although he mentions in text that he needed to level "20 times", which I assume means running fresh alts through the story to get to the raid to get the materials), but at the end when you see him use a heavy synth, you see that he is level 32.

I'm not sure how I would feel if someone basically found a way to complete something I designed in a little under two weeks. lol

World's first is one thing, which I guess they can pimp on their blog. But this just makes the idea that the raid is designed around being a co-op experience a bit untenable.

Edit: I have no idea how other MMOs work. Can you solo WoW's endgame content?

Depending on how long Bungie actually worked on CE. Sometimes it seems like about equal, or ~ 2wks

Yeah, he sort of hides it with edits (although he mentions in text that he needed to level "20 times", which I assume means running fresh alts through the story to get to the raid to get the materials), but at the end when you see him use a heavy synth, you see that he is level 32.

I'm not sure how I would feel if someone basically found a way to complete something I designed in a little under two weeks. lol

World's first is one thing, which I guess they can pimp on their blog. But this just makes the idea that the raid is designed around being a co-op experience a bit untenable.

Plus beating the hardest endgame content solo under 30 mins as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Depending on how long Bungie actually worked on CE. Sometimes it seems like about equal, or ~ 2wks
It's funny, because everything in theory is supposed to require teamwork, but the game's internal systems thwart that by allowing people to basically skip the number checks. I wonder if they even tested the behaviour of the exploding lamps, for example.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How does it compare to the new hand cannon from the crucible, the t something 1969?
The Fall Will Probably Kill You....

Can you tell me what perks/mod it has from the vendor? It's solid all-around in stats. Don't have one to play with yet.

The Chance from the vendor used to be subpar, but the new version has field scout, which takes the mag from 6 to 13. It's just so good.
Which is usually why its good to let the person using the sword tell the team when to shoot.
This is ideal, yes. However, it's also not totally universal. If the group doesn't have ENOUGH Dps, then the Sword can't just call for a break and expect it to get done with enough time. In these cases it's the group's responsibility to keep calling out the percentage Crota's shield is down to so the swordbearer can make a judgment call.
:lol Sunbros so salty that Bladedancers are legit and they're not. It still requires good timing to stab Crota in the ass before he sees you. Executing it well just makes it look easy.
Beautiful lethality, relentless style.

SoulClap

Just got the Gjallarhorn from Crota! I had no idea I had the drop until I went back to orbit and it showed up. Gally and Hawkmoon in the same week. Shit, I need to play the lotto or something.

Korosenai

So, the new Titan raid helmet looks kind of like an acolyte and the new Warlock raid helmet looks like a wizard.... so what is the Hunter's helmet supposed to look like?

Yo dudes, I dun ran the sword on crota succesfully for the first time. Holy fuck that shit is an adrenaline rush like crazy. Best shit ever yo, I might have to steal sword running duties on our regular runs.

EL CUCO

Deej should give them a shout out in his weekly IMO. The casual 1 man is much more impressive than being the worlds first 6 man team I think.

But Deej probably won't, your right.

I agree.

Meh...Bungie needs to give more props to it's hardcore community. These dudes aren't making a mockery of Destiny. They're simply setting challenges for themselves that not too many people would ever bother doing. That's the angle Bungie should take on it, IMO.

Jinjo

Deej should give them a shout out in his weekly IMO. The casual 1 man is much more impressive than being the worlds first 6 man team I think.

But Deej probably won't, your right.

Exactly. So much attention to being the world's first, while all that's really about who is committed and able to put in a ridiculous amount of time on release. It's no question of skill, but just trial and error and persistence. So you're the first to beat it, big deal. It gets especially dumb when people claim
achievement when they got world third or fourth lol.

Way more impressed with TheLegendHimself's hard VoG two-man and now solo Crota.

Steroyd

Aaw yiss.

120k xp worth of bounties to hand in.
25k glimmer
3 Rocket Telemetries
3 Exotic shards
2 Xursdays
1 Gjallahorn

You know what to do Bungie, you know in your heart what's right.

Deku Tree

Aaw yiss.

120k xp worth of bounties to hand in.
25k glimmer
3 Rocket Telemetries
3 Exotic shards
2 Xursdays
1 Gjallahorn

You know what to do Bungie, you know in your heart what's right.

Xur selling Dragon's breath tomorrow. Oh wait it should be a primary or a seconday since last week was truth... Four horseman then?

R0ckman

Exactly. So much attention to being the world's first, while all that's really about who is committed and able to put in a ridiculous amount of time on release. It's no question of skill, but just trial and error and persistence. So you're the first to beat it, big deal. It gets especially dumb when people claim
achievement when they got world third or fourth lol.

Way more impressed with TheLegendHimself's hard VoG two-man and now solo Crota.

Impressive but also embarrassing for bungie. Its not going to advertise their intended way to play the raid.

I watched it before it was posted above:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMUBPo8cwo4

Bear in mind the guy is 32, which means he has alts and got lucky or did the insane and ran the raid over and over again until he got the materials necessarily, but it's doable. Drop the sword, Gjallahorn twice, then attack. Rinse and repeat until Crota is dead. lol

Very impressive. The sword drops, double Horn to Crota attack was flawless execution repeated 4 times. Regardless of being 32, it is a great feat.

nowai

So, the new Titan raid helmet looks kind of like an acolyte and the new Warlock raid helmet looks like a wizard.... so what is the Hunter's helmet supposed to look like?

I also have been trying to figure out what the Hunter helm is supposed to represent.

Although, I think the Titan helm looks more like a Knight than Acolyte.

Would make sense, Titan = Melee, Lock = Mage.. Hunter = Rogue, but what hive?!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Well, I already had an exotic helm for my hunter, but I just got a legendary helm from an engram. Hopefully Xur has a chest tomorrow I can buy. Then, I'll get those gloves from the urn quest. I already have my boots, so I'll be set to hit 31 once everything is leveled up.

Xur selling Dragon's breath tomorrow. Oh wait it should be a primary or a seconday since last week was truth... Four horseman then?

4 Horseman will never be sold by Xur. PS exclusive like Hawkmoon. It could be another heavy, we did have Plan C back to back.

I can't get my hopes up, Xur just disappoints. Xur is a way more a bastard than the Cryptarch every was.

R0ckman

the third game I played I got 5k points and someone on my team with 6 kils and a KD of .47 got an upgraded Suros... :/ first exotic I've seen drop in MP in over 500 games

That's so weird, 2 weekends ago I got TWO truth drops, the Iron Banner before that I got a IB machine gun drop and the Ghorn.

Just got the Gjallarhorn from Crota! I had no idea I had the drop until I went back to orbit and it showed up. Gally and Hawkmoon in the same week. Shit, I need to play the lotto or something.
I am happy for your loot however I am salty at this game for not giving me ballerhorn and esp hawkmoon still...two weapons I will never get

EL CUCO

Impressive but also embarrassing for bungie. Its not going to advertise their intended way to play the raid.

It's only embarrassing because what Bungie tries to portray these Raids to be. These dudes 2 manned HM VoG with no cheese. Same with CE...that takes skill and dedication.

Easily, yes. You want to buy an exotic chest piece from Xur if he sells one, as that will get you to an easy 31 as well. A helm would be a good purchase from him as well.

Whoa now. Do you mean your chest is an Exotic?

Running VoG is still valuable (though disappointing in some ways) and the best source of ascendant shards and energy, which you still need. You are optimally prepped for VoG at 28. I do weekly newbie raids of it on thursday nights EST if you are interested.

Yes, it's Exotic. I have that last node which requires a shard, but unsure if I should upgrade or purchase a new exotic armor piece if available.

Should have waited on the gauntlets, you get some as a reward with the Eris quests. Bungie does a deplorable job communicating with the player for most of Destiny, so it's really not your fault.

But to answer your question, I think you should listen to someone else who knows. lol

Yea, I know the quest line gives gauntlets and I'm at the last step with the Public Event. I just didn't want to wait around for it to happen on Earth and hope other are around to help take down the special enemy it spawns.

Top Bottom