• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

EL CUCO

Overreaction nerfs only happen if it is PvP breaking.

I feel like if Bungie could nerf Ghorn they would, but backlash and more negative PR is the last thing Destiny needs right now.

So now they basically use it as a carrot to chase for people to keep playing. They know damn well it's probably the most sought after weapon in the game, which why Xur will never sell it again.

Deku Tree

I've never done the Deathsinger phase but I have four raid completions lol.
Everyone wants to start at Crota and then afterwards run through the first part.
Bungie was dumb to not include a loot drop at the Deathsinger part Lolz.

border

Is there a decent YouTube video that explains solo'ing the Bridge encounter as a Hunter?

The only one I saw linked on Reddit is in French, and the strategy looks like it would be mind-numbingly dull if you don't have an IceBreaker (I don't).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Everyone wants to start at Crota and then afterwards run through the first part.
Yep, it's a totally boneheaded decision.

SharkJAW

It's reminiscent of the confluxes in VoG. So easy to fail/wipe with no reward. Consequently, there's no incentive to do it.

BondFancy

I've never done the Deathsinger phase but I have four raid completions lol

Seriously....no wonder I can't find anyone to do that part with. Come on bungie derp..

I feel like if Bungie could nerf Ghorn they would, but backlash and more negative PR is the last thing Destiny needs right now.

So now they basically use it as a carrot to chase for people to keep playing. They know damn well it's probably the most sought after weapon in the game, which why Xur will never sell it again.

It would be a fascinating experiment to see how many people drop off playing once the carrot is gone. The forums and Internet would explode with Bungie goodwill if Xur sold Godhorn, but the unspoken truth is the player base atrophied even more quickly afterwards with less incentive for the one big thing.

Is there a decent YouTube video that explains solo'ing the Bridge encounter as a Hunter?

The only one I saw linked on Reddit is in French, and the strategy looks like it would be mind-numbingly dull if you don't have an IceBreaker (I don't).

just bring some ammo synths. i believe you only have to kill the wizards/ogres. but i may be wrong

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't get why people even mind Ir Yut.

It's so short and the high pace is actually a lot of fun.
For a game full of grind, people probably want to save any time they can really.

It's why we all stay in that room during the Phogoth nightfalls anyway. lol

border

just bring some ammo synths. i believe you only have to kill the wizards/ogres. but i may be wrong

For doing the CE Bridge solo you're just stuck on a rooftop and the only viable weapon you can really use is a sniper rifle.

Ammo Synthesis has like a 5 minute cooldown. During which I'm just going to be stuck plugging away with a scout rifle that does almost no damage at such range.

It's also kinda rough bringing the Wizards' shields down since they like to hide behind barriers, so you get stuck wasting ammo when they recharge (more synthesis has to get used then).

I'm almost tempted to try the "Go in guns blazing!" strategy for solo'ing the bridge, but I imagine it's much harder than the videos make it look.

Deku Tree

For the second chest is it confirmed when the timer starts on the door?

What is the best strat for getting that chest?

I got it on all alts both weeks but I was also with two teams that missed it so... Thanks!

zewone

For the second chest is it confirmed when the timer starts on the door?

What is the best strat for getting that chest?

I got it on all alts both weeks but I was also with two teams that missed it so... Thanks!

I'm not positive on the trigger, but what my team does is wipes after clearing the bridge.

After spawning we have two people dedicated to running for the door while everyone else kills shriekers and/or thrull.

We make it every time basically, but if there was a better strategy, I'm all ears.

Steroyd

I don't get why people even mind Ir Yut.

It's so short and the high pace is actually a lot of fun.

The encounter itself is not so bad, what is terrible are those damn knights that one shots everyone and takes about 6-7 headshots to kill, with your best weapon, and they throw a fuckton of those knights at you as well with a 3 minute time limit, it just bogs you down if you plan to do multiple playthroughs.

I'm not positive on the trigger, but what my team does is wipes after clearing the bridge.

After spawning we have two people dedicated to running for the door while everyone else kills shriekers and/or thrull.

We make it every time basically, but if there was a better strategy, I'm all ears.

That's pretty much what I've done with every team I've done it with. If people are getting hung up on something or dieing too quickly, just wipe before getting into the room with the hole you drop down for another chance. It's pretty easy to get now.

border

You're in!

Awesome! You'll be fine.

Okay 2 more slots open for 9PM EST Newbie VoG run. (2 hours from now)

I'm Level 31 Hunter and I've only done Atheon on Hard Mode once before.....I think I was in a failing group with every other Hard Mode encounter and didn't really bother much sinec I was stuck at Level 29 forever. I would be happy to run it with you, but if someone lower level and less geared would like the slot, please let them have it. I'd mostly be doing it to try those encounters without cheese and get a shot and some of the cool weapons I haven't yet had drop (IB, Gjallahorn). I have experience with the mechanics but not really the execution :)

PS4, PSN ID: border199x

Top Bottom