• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

xlAnbf4.jpg

eP54Eee.jpg

Bogeypop

Got Claws and upgraded my MIDA Multi-Tool to 2.0. Not bad. That 2 hour Roc scramble helped me get enough Strange Coins to buy an Exotic Shard for the upgrade.

Ambitious

Exotic Gear
Ruin Wings (Titan)
Knucklehead Radar (Hunter)
Claws of Ahamkara (Warlock)
Patience and Time
Exotic Shard
Helmet Engram

Upgrades
Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
Lucky Raspberry (Hunter)
Crest of Alpha Lupi (TItan)
No Backup Plans
Heart of the Praxic Fire
Sunbreakers
MIDA Multi-Tool
Thorn
Universal Remote
Plan C
Super Good Advice
Truth
Monte Carlo

Curios
Shotgun Telemetry
Sniper Rifle Telemetry
Rocket Launcher Telemetry
Plasma Drive
Emerald Coil
Heavy Ammo Synthesis

Zocano

They didn't have the Gjallahorn upgrade last week either did they? I wonder if they'll hold out on it and, you know, be Bungie. Wouldn't make much sense since you can get the upgraded version from drops but still...

Actually I don't ever expect them to be have a Gjallarhorn upgrade.

It makes perfect sense really. They know it's broken and OP and sort of just breaks every hard encounter because of its ridiculous DPS and they probably want to keep it limited. Only way you'll ever see a 331 Gjallarhorn is from a drop.

Namikaze1

Xur's wares tomorrow:
Voidfangs Vestmants
Mask of the Third Man
The Armamentarium
SUROS Regime

Upgrades:
Bad Juju
Pocket Infinity
Invective
Hard Light
Plan C
Helm of Saint 14
Ahamkara Spine
Heart of Praxic Fire (Bungie be trollin', todd!)

Gonna come back to this post tomorrow to see how many I got right.

Bungie needs to have Heart of Praxic Fire in the upgrade section tomorrow! I need to see Todd's reaction!

Sorry, Todd, but Bungie is going to troll you. They'll have it up for upgrading before putting it on sale.

I was right on one thing...

Well, two but you get the point.

Midas

Nothing for me this week. Stock piling strange coins I guess. So the Claws of Ahamkara will be the new warlock gloves sold forever.

i was hoping he'd have knucklehead so i'm glad i can finally level that up. also, heavy ammo! gonna buy a bunch so i don't have to spend glimmer anymore.

nothing for me to upgrade this week though.

SkylineRKR

This isn't bad. Heavy Ammo, alpha lupi were the 2 things I really wanted. Plan C never upgraded before so thats a good one too. I'll skip Monte Carlo, I mostly use it to build melee and in regular crucible. Its fine at 300.

Jinjo

Actually I don't ever expect them to be have a Gjallarhorn upgrade.

It makes perfect sense really. They know it's broken and OP and sort of just breaks every hard encounter because of its ridiculous DPS and they probably want to keep it limited. Only way you'll ever see a 331 Gjallarhorn is from a drop.

But...but... What about my three babyhorns? They gotta grow up sometime. :( Not gonna upgrade anything this week. Maybe MIDA and Plan C if I have glimmer to spare. Will buy new Patience & Time and shard the old one + Ahamkara Claws. Gambling another helmet engram.

Shito

Crest of Alpha Lupi upgrade for hunters, fuck yeah!
That is just what I wanted / needed.
With Patience & Time, it's a great Xur week for me. :)

I don't even have a Titan but feel tempted to get the Ruin Wings.

Meh week, Guess I will get P&T and Mida is good enough to upgrade. Everything else is a disappointment, like always.

Spiders

I regret not buying Ruin Wings last week, so I'm glad they're back on sale.

Definitely buying the Thorn upgrade, that weapon has really grown on me.

KeRaSh

Do I upgrade HoPF? I already have Starfire Protocol, don't intend to use HoPF and need the glimmer for upgrades I actually need...
First world problems!

Namikaze1

What's theRuin Wings stats this time? Last week's was Strength +106.

And it's that heavy synthesis I see in Zoba's pic?! Oh sweet mother of god, no more 975 glimmer for one!

Zocano

But...but... What about my three babyhorns? They gotta grow up sometime. :( Not gonna upgrade anything this week. Maybe MIDA and Plan C if I have glimmer to spare. Will buy new Patience & Time and shard the old one + Ahamkara Claws. Gambling another helmet engram.

They'll never grow up. They'll forever be in Neverland.

Jinjo

I don't even have a Titan but feel tempted to get the Ruin Wings.

Meh week, Guess I will get P&T and Mida is good enough to upgrade. Everything else is a disappointment, like always.

Get Ruin Wings if you ever intend on making a Titan. Best Titan exotic together with Saint-14!

Meckaj

Neo Member
Terrible selection of upgrades weapon-wise, but nice to know the PS exclusive exotics can be a part of it and the Claws of Ahamkara sound like they're my jam.

Izuna

Banned
P&T is worse than my new Arc Sniper so nope.

Sniper Telemetry is awesome however. I will also upgrade Lucky Raspberry because why not?

Jinjo

They'll never grow up. They'll forever be in Neverland.

Even as younglings they destroy worlds. The world is not ready for that power, you're right. It's kind of ridiculous if Bungie really never offers Gjallarhorn for upgrade, shows their dumb upgrade system. Called it day one though. It's gonna be weeks before Gjallarhorn upgrade, if ever.

Between ruin wings and a maxed (old) ghallahorn my titan will be a force to reckon with.

Definitely! Who even needs heavy ammo synth? Not us Titans lol. Gjallarhorn for bosses, Thunderlord for mobs. You can use your heavy just as much as your special.

Shit... Really? I'm buying em

As a primary is kind off overblown (Maybe corrective measure or any other drop-more-ammo heavy), but it definitely drops about the same rate as special ammo. Maybe a bit less. Double ammo per drop is the real big thing though.

Shito

Terrible selection of upgrades weapon-wise, but nice to know the PS exclusive exotics can be a part of it and the Claws of Ahamkara sound like they're my jam.
I would upgrade MIDA if I didn't limit myself to "only upgrade one thing a week, so to keep your sanity". I think it's one of those weapons that are worth upgrading.

Ambitious

Going to buy Knucklehead and Patience and Time.

As for upgrades.. well, I will upgrade Plan C for sure. Dunno about Crest of Alpha Lupi and Truth.

Crest of Alpha Lupi: I've never actually used it. How much faster is reviving, and how many orbs do spawn? Is it worth it?

Truth: Well, as for Void heavies, I've got a maxed Unfriendly Giant and Corrective Measure. I don't have any exotic Void primaries or specials, so I guess I could use the exotic slot for Truth. On the other hand, I've got a Gjallarhorn, but I've used it not even once, it as I'm waiting for the upgrade.

Skele7on

Banned
MUAHAHAHA

8jLSKBe.jpg

I'm not running out of synth for a while.

Remember if your consumables are full they won't work friend.

Xur is fairly useless today, I might get the upgraded P&T but to be honest there isn't anything for me. I want them dance machinessssssss.......

Got Lucky Raspberry from a strike the other day.

Man, I think Claws might take the spot for my favorite Warlock Exotic. While I love the look of Praxic, I can live without the extra cooldown, since I'm almost always saving my Super for a rez.

An extra Shield right for when my first overshield goes down? Yes please.

I had enough for one exotic engram. Was hoping for Obsidian Mind but I got Skull of Dire Ahamkara. All good. Better than that piece of crap Light Beyond Nemesis I was using.

Top Bottom