• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Jinjo

You do realize you have to ADS to get the camouflage...
You can't scope, get invis, grab the sword and whack away with it

Well, you just leave the sword and stand next to it, until Crota goes down. Grab the sword and whack at it again. Only downside is as someone mentioned, blink strike is instant, P&T isn't. Still it seems like a better option to get more damage in quicker than jumping down and back up again.

I don't know what to say.

Get Claws of Ahamkara, upgrade your Monte Carlo. Have overshield up almost all the time and never look back.

blazeuk

Upgraded my Praxic Fire but it's completely wiped out all my glimmer, it's annoying that they got it right by allowing marks to be traded in for mats and then just introduced a system which forces the same grinding that people didn't like with glimmer instead - I don't want to risk it taking forever to show up again though. I'm not even using the Praxic Fire right now because VoG RNG didn't give me the helmet until this week so I had to replace it with Light Beyond Nemesis instead.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Even compared to Gjallarhorn?

Truth Lock-On is fucking aggressive as hell
When your rocket can bend in mid-flight after being fired and still track the target down, it's fucking epic

I bought 2 last week, just for the lock-on + bounty for RL
It really helps out a lot if you are G-Horn less

Lock-On
Truth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ballerhorn >>>>> Hunger of Crota >>>>>>>>>>>> The Cure

void666

Banned
Engram turned into the arachnid helmet. Looks cool but zooming golden gun sounds useless.
Got knucklehead and the claws. Not sure if i'm going to buy p&t.
Upgraded praxic fire.

SkylineRKR

Trust me man don't bother with that Arachnid. I have it maxed out and the zoom makes matters worse (less visibility) and I'm still not sure if it extends range. If you can't hit with GG you'll need to stop playing anyway.

When your rocket can bend in mid-flight after being fired and still track the target down, it's fucking epic

Lock-On
Ballerhorn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Truth >>>>> Hunger of Crota >>>>>>>>>>>> The Cure

Its so, so good. When I got Truth way back, it became one of the few reasons not to orbit out of First Light or Bastion. Get dat heavy ammo, and hope for some snipers or vehicles. Its lovely seeing it tracking a sparrow. It will kill.

I think you mixed up ballerhorn and Truth in that chart? :p

GraveRobberX

Well, you just leave the sword and stand next to it, until Crota goes down. Grab the sword and whack at it again. Only downside is as someone mentioned, blink strike is instant, P&T isn't. Still it seems like a better option to get more damage in quicker than jumping down and back up again.

Have you killed Crota as a Swordbearer?
Do you know how ridiculous time sensitive you have to be with blink and invis?
Do you know how long it takes for P&T ADS camo to activate (roughly 3-4 sec after ADS has been used)?

So your telling me, a player should stab crota with the sword, once 3+ hits in, drop sword, swap from primary to special, then ADS 3 seconds for active camo to appear, wait till he drops, pick up sword, return to thwacking?

Reason it works on Hunters is the double bonus, you get that extra nudge from Blink Strike, then crouch overlays a new invis on top of that
Also your holding the relic quicker, getting supper, dropping sword for 5+ seconds is just wasted resource

GraveRobberX

I think you mixed up ballerhorn and Truth in that chart? :p

Yeah I was adjusting some of the ratio and forgot to switch them

First I was going for Damage then Lock-On, deleted damage (cause everyone knows where the champ is there) but deleting and shifted changed up my post, now it's fixed

Zoba the sniper rifle at the vanguard:
Ambush scope
unflinching
armor piercing rounds
clown cartridge

Is that what you use with your blue?

Need more marks

here's a comparison

Bj1b86M.jpg

the only reason i'm not going crazy over the LDR is because it only has 4 rounds and doesn't have a high rate of fire.

G1LeC7N.jpg

the one that dropped for me from an engram would be amazing with unflinching, but i'd miss the RoF in PvP.

Bought an engram, got Skull of Dire Ahamkara, worth keeping?

Some of its perks seem decent, and will keep me with an Exotic until the other one I want comes available.

Wallach

Definitely going to upgrade MIDA and probably Plan C as well. I love my MIDA, and honestly with Black Hammer being legendary I can see me rocking MIDA a lot more once I get some good legendary heavy weapons.

Ambitious

Yes Truth wrecks Gjallarhorn in PVP. Trust me. Its lock on basically will not miss, its Blast Radius is higher and it has an earlier detonation. Lock onto something and celebrate your guaranteed kill. Its beautiful.

Oh, I forgot about the 3 shots since the update.

Oh I like it way more than Gjallarhorn in pvp.

Of course Gjallarhorn is the king of pve.

Edit: SkylineRKR gets it.

Lock-On
Truth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ballerhorn >>>>> Hunger of Crota >>>>>>>>>>>> The Cure

Well then. Time to farm some glimmer.

Steroyd

Only got the invective exotic bounty to drop and I'm on my way to getting them all upgraded.

AND the super good advice starts off with me farming Mars chests... They just pull me back in

SkylineRKR

What's wrong with you dude? There's no other way to leave the playlist if you don't want to do a double strike.

Yep, thats why I leave as well. Spongebob 2 times in a row? No thanks.

Leavers could be replaced by others. Those AFK'ers I hate. Usually we sparrow kill them.

Had enough for 1 engram, knuckleradar ugh. 5 engrams via Xur since last weekend and 3 out of 5 have been freaking knuckleradar. The last 2 were solo engram buys. Should just wait until I have multiple, oh well.

2 Nightfalls and 12 energy (need shards!) and a crappy rocket launcher. Then found 1 legendary primary engram and turned into energy. Bad RNG day.

Fitts

What's a good legendary vendor primary weapon? (any faction) I was a hand cannon user almost exclusively before the dlc, but the new ones look awful. Scouts would be my second choice but I don't have a whole lot of experience with them so I'm not sure that I know what stats/perks would be ideal.

Damn,

I upgraded my Sunbreakers last week, haven't even been able to use them,
and now they're back, but with better stat rolls... Sigh, buggered by RNG again!

Monte Carlo usefull? Otherwise there's nothing for me here...

SkylineRKR

Monte Carlo is very situational, but I love it. I am not going to buff it though, because its so situational to me. I use it for the knife throw bounty, and in the first part of the Crota Raid actually. You can blink strike through the map.

What's a good legendary vendor primary weapon? (any faction) I was a hand cannon user almost exclusively before the dlc, but the new ones look awful. Scouts would be my second choice but I don't have a whole lot of experience with them so I'm not sure that I know what stats/perks would be ideal.

They look nerfed to me. The previous Vanguard Scout had firefly etc. The previous AR's were rather OP. I've only looked at Vanguard mind you, and all they offer are Dr. Nopes shit rifles. One of them I got out of a purple, hoping for Hawkmoon.

I know... But I've been grinding Eris bounties for almost 2 weeks. I wanted more than a little more damage for that runed core.

Eris rank serves no purpose other than facilitating enhanced Raid gear. You don't really need 300+ weapons for level 30 and below missions which is everything outside of CE raid right now. Upgrading Murmer and the Nechrocasm are a minor help at rank 2, but it's Eris Rank 4 for trading Shards that is the most useful feature, and again, that is only to further more efficient leveling to 32.

None of the scouts are must haves, but I have my eye on the Vanguard Badger CCL. It is low fire rate but higher impact with good stability. It is most effective for precision shots.

People leaving the strikes have become annoying, seriously, bungie should do something for this.
It would be nice if they got people into the game a bit faster, but otherwise I don't blame people for leaving... it sucks playing the same fucking strike 4 times in a row. I should probably bail, but I never do.

Kensuke

Eris rank serves no purpose other than facilitating enhanced Raid gear. You don't really need 300+ weapons for level 30 and below missions which is everything outside of CE raid right now. Upgrading Murmer and the Nechrocasm are a minor help at rank 2, but it's Eris Rank 4 for trading Shards that is the most useful feature, and again, that is only to further more efficient leveling to 32.

That's not my point. My point is that Bungie could have given a little more incentive for ranking up Eris besides that stuff. The runed core and embalming orb are rank 3 items by the way. Getting to rank 3 is hard work for a very meager reward. By the time I get to rank 4 (which needs 4000 points) I won't even need the radiant shard/energy trading.

R0ckman

I feel like ever since we found out Xur is not random they have been especially mediocre in their selection of Xur wares. I remember when I use to buy multiple things a visit but now I'm constantly stacking up coins.

Midas

That's not my point. My point is that Bungie could have given a little more incentive for ranking up Eris besides that stuff. The runed core and embalming orb are rank 3 items by the way. Getting to rank 3 is hard work for a very meager reward. By the time I get to rank 4 (which needs 4000 points) I won't even need the radiant shard/energy trading.

And when you get to rank 4, you can probably get gear from Iron Banner which can get you to 32. And that gear probably use ass shards.

We'll see. I'm grinding for rank 4 now. That's the only thing I need to get to 32.

panda-zebra

Not sure if Eidolon Ally ends up different for each person who evolves the husk, it looks different to the one in the husk>eidolon>nechrochasm image posted earlier for me.

Screen shot shows max levelled Eidolon with Aggressive Ballistics and Fitted Stock in set-up.

That looks like 3x the impact for Eidolon vs AE at a slight penalty to range, stability and reload. There's no bottom half perk but aiming the Eidolon increases range, so there is that. It's also only got a clip 2/3 the size which is a bit of a let down for a nope-style AR.

Top Bottom