• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

ElRenoRaven

Oh interesting. Been out of the loop lately but it looks like I just got a husk of the pit just now. Looks like I know what I'll be doing when I get my next level with Eris. lol

Shito

Crest of Alpha Lupi: I've never actually used it. How much faster is reviving, and how many orbs do spawn? Is it worth it?
If you're playing a lot of coop, yeah, it's really useful.
I play a lot with my girlfriend, we do the weeklies and nightfalls only us 2, and the upgraded revive time is reaaaally nice and fast. I think it's less than half the normal time.
It saved our asses a lot of times. And don't forget it applies to both you and the person reviving you.

Well, I think Xur is just gonna shovel 2nd tier shit from now on. Just look at all the repeats for things no one is asking for.

Godhorn and Icebreaker will forever be a dream.

Greenymac

MUAHAHAHA

8jLSKBe.jpg

I'm not running out of synth for a while.

Buying at LEAST 100....to go with my stockpile...When you have two Gjallahorns, the tendency is to push your heavy ammy synth collection as far as you can.....

Buying at LEAST 100....to go with my stockpile...When you have two Gjallahorns, the tendency is to push your heavy ammy synth collection as far as you can.....

yep. before the expansion made me broke, i'd pop a synth for the almighty horn during any strike that was taking too long.

dust palace suddenly makes a lot more sense

SkylineRKR

I actually got an
Ice Breaker in Nightfall tuesday.

I already had it, but I felt somewhat bad for my friend who wants it so, so bad and he helped me with beating it.

I play a lot with my girlfriend, we do the weeklies and nightfalls only us 2, and the upgraded revive time is reaaaally nice and fast. I think it's less than half the normal time.
It saved our asses a lot of times.

This is the best Hunter chest piece imo. The fast revives are worth it more than a lot might think, it makes reviving just that much safer. Orbs spamming is incredibly useful too. I do have a great roll on Raid body armor, but I will also use AL again once I upgraded it.

Going to buy Knucklehead and Patience and Time.

As for upgrades.. well, I will upgrade Plan C for sure. Dunno about Crest of Alpha Lupi and Truth.

Crest of Alpha Lupi: I've never actually used it. How much faster is reviving, and how many orbs do spawn? Is it worth it?

Truth: Well, as for Void heavies, I've got a maxed Unfriendly Giant and Corrective Measure. I don't have any exotic Void primaries or specials, so I guess I could use the exotic slot for Truth. On the other hand, I've got a Gjallarhorn, but I've used it not even once, it as I'm waiting for the upgrade.
If you play pvp, Truth is THE SHIT.

Greenymac

yep. before the expansion made me broke, i'd pop a synth for the almighty horn during any strike that was taking too long.

Same. Pop synth,tell teammates to stay safe, and rain hot fire on all that moves...

Paertan

Hmmm Mida Multi Tool upgrade is tempting. But I wanted Hawkmoon and Helm of Saint 14 :(
Oh well. Maybe Xur will give it to me for christmas.

phen0m24

Zoba the sniper rifle at the vanguard:
Ambush scope
unflinching
armor piercing rounds
clown cartridge

Is that what you use with your blue?

Need more marks

Jinjo

I do the same thing. Gotta go fast. See if you can absorb 14 WoL Gjallarhorn rockets Mr. Spongebob.

phen0m24

Is there a good place to farm Glimmer? It's not something I've ever been short of UNTIL TODAY

Gatekeepers on normal.
592 glimmer about every 30 seconds with a group plus axiomatic beads. Did it last night and got to cap pretty quickly. Then spent some glimmer on heavy packs then cashed in the beads.

Jinjo

Also, with Patience & Time everyone can go invisible when handling the sword against Crota guys. Take that into consideration.

Hunters relegated back to low-tier status again, where they belong lol.

I had enough for one exotic engram. Was hoping for Obsidian Mind but I got Skull of Dire Ahamkara. All good. Better than that piece of crap Light Beyond Nemesis I was using.

I got that one last week from an exotic engram as well. +116 intelect maxed, what's your's?

Anyway... HEART OF THE PRAXIC FIRE UPGRADE!!! FUCK YES!!! Now I can get back to having my girl using my favourite exotic, been without it for over a week and it's been painful.

The Claws look good, but I don't like the fact they have strength mixed up. Same thing with Obsidian Mind.

SkylineRKR

Also, with Patience & Time everyone can go invisible when handling the sword against Crota guys. Take that into consideration.

Hunters relegated back to low-tier status again, where they belong lol.

Sure, if only it came up as fast as Blink Strike and stayed up even when you're not scoping.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

You do realize you have to ADS to get the camouflage...
You can't scope, get invis, grab the sword and whack away with it

Ambitious

I'm going to have a lot of exotic shards soon, so if I can find a glimmer farming group, I might as well upgrade everything.

It saved our asses a lot of times. And don't forget it applies to both you and the person reviving you.

I usually wait with reviving someone until it's safe to do so, but sometimes I just have to revive someone who's right in the middle of a bunch of enemies. Often enough I wiped because it was just too slow, so yeah, why not. Thanks!

If you play pvp, Truth is THE SHIT.

Even compared to Gjallarhorn?

SkylineRKR

I'm going to have a lot of exotic shards soon, so if I can find a glimmer farming group, I might as well upgrade everything.

I usually wait with reviving someone until it's safe to do so, but sometimes I just have to revive someone who's right in the middle of a bunch of enemies. Often enough I wiped because it was just too slow, so yeah, why not. Thanks!

Even compared to Gjallarhorn?

Yes Truth wrecks Gjallarhorn in PVP. Trust me. Its lock on basically will not miss, its Blast Radius is higher and it has an earlier detonation. Lock onto something and celebrate your guaranteed kill. Its beautiful.

Oh, I forgot about the 3 shots since the update.

Top Bottom