• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

phen0m24

here's a comparison

Bj1b86M.jpg

the only reason i'm not going crazy over the LDR is because it only has 4 rounds and doesn't have a high rate of fire.

G1LeC7N.jpg

the one that dropped for me from an engram would be amazing with unflinching, but i'd miss the RoF in PvP.

Thanks Zoba. So the rof is the hangup. I mean, you might have more rounds in the mag with the clown cartridge, so that's not all bad. I might try to get one to mess around and attempt sniper school.

You should hold sniper boot camp. :)

Lima

Man looking back through some of my PvP videos I've never really realized just how goddamn OP the Vex was.

The Swarm, a heavy MG does 49 per body shot and 61 head shot. The old Vex did 45 per body and 56 head shot. It was essentially like carrying a heavy MG the whole match. Good times.

Welp burn thro 50 strange coins somehow..just bought a lot of heavy ammo, p&t, new warlock arms that I will never use, exotic shards to Lvl up a few weapons cause I am too lazy to redo the bounties that I already have. Good thing I still have 50 more plus another 27 next week...

Man looking back through some of my PvP videos I've never really realized just how goddamn OP the Vex was.

The Swarm, a heavy MG does 49 per body shot and 61 head shot. The old Vex did 45 per body and 56 head shot. It was essentially like carrying a heavy MG the whole match. Good times.

I miss my old vex too. it was so OP that I once had 2 guys shooting me in the back while I was killing the dude infront of me, after he was dead, I turned around and killed both of the guys.

35-40 kills a match was something I could get every match, and I SUCK at PVP :)

phen0m24

How ? first mission on Mars ?

No.

The Gatekeepers before Atheon.

Find someone with a cp today. Trust me.

You go left to right taking out all the yellow enemies. 592 glimmer in about 30 seconds plus axiomatic beads. I maxed last night and had 8000 in beads.

If people use supers back to back generating orbs it's mad fun. Titan smash then Nova bomb then golden gun then Nova bomb etc.

Edit: fell asleep and missed your post, Rawr. I have the cp as well. I'll be back later on too.

lol it was so broken -- it kinda stlil is. It feels like it only takes a couple extra shots to kill now but it's still ridiculous.

I miss my old vex too. it was so OP that I once had 2 guys shooting me in the back while I was killing the dude infront of me, after he was dead, I turned around and killed both of the guys.

35-40 kills a match was something I could get every match, and I SUCK at PVP :)

yea I was a one man army with that thing. i barely even used my other weapons because they killed too slow comparatively. it basically DPSed every machine gun except Thunderlord so there was no reason to.

i think i had 51 kills this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBBBDXr8QLU

they just kept jumping into B and the mythoclast just kept delivering.

Is there any use for SGA besides dismantling? Compared to even Zombie Apocalypse it sucks to me; am I missing something?

Also, Black Hammer just might be my favorite sniper for PvE; I wrecked Phogoth on the Nightfall strike with it easily, also pushed in the Archon Priest's stool too. Big, stationary targets are no match for it.

Bought Ruin Wings coz of the hype. I have some nice raid gloves but I guess I can use them until its time to hit 32. Too bad I don't have a g-horn to pair it with :(

Nebula

I'm sorry but the starting point of Crota's end needs removing. It's fucking awful waiting for enemies and it's even worse when Crota bugs and gains shields magically.

How do the claws of ahamakara compare to sunbreakers just from a pve/raid perspective? I imagine the double shield as a sunlock would be nice for survival.

Well I hope Claws of Ahamkara are good because I just bought them :p. Seems like it could be fun making a build around it (specifically for PvP). I never had P&T either so I grabbed that too.

SgtCobra

have thorn, plan c, sga and monte carlo...will never upgrade or use them. where's gjallarhorn
The Monte Carlo is hands down the best PvE Auto Rifle. It's perfect for raiding and after the buff it only got better.
Plan C is a pretty good PvP weapon, it's not the best Fusion Rifle and the perks kinda suck though.
Titan got boots again and Hunter got gloves again. Dat intelligent raid loot design at work.
I got 2 energies for killing Crota this week, you shouldn't complain :p

Beat Crota today on my Warlock and Hunter. Warlock got 2 ascendant energy and nothing else. Hunter got the helmet, and fusion rifle.

Finally got Eris to level 3. Was able to upgrade murmur fully and upgrade the husk of the pit auto rifle into its legendary variant eidolon ally.

Really need to get her to level 4 now so I can get radiant shards and level 32 faster. All I need now is a chest drop.

Midas

The Monte Carlo is hands down the best PvE Auto Rifle. It's perfect for raiding and after the buff it only got better.
Plan C is a pretty good PvP weapon, it's not the best Fusion Rifle and the perks kinda suck though.

I got 2 energies for killing Crota this week, you shouldn't complain :p

Really? I'll upgrade it as well then, if I have glimmer enough before Xûr leaves again.

Midas

Really need to get her to level 4 now so I can get radiant shards and level 32 faster. All I need now is a chest drop.

I'm in the same situation, except that I got all gear except helmet. The grind to 4000 rep is real though. Might even have enough shards to be 32 before I reach that.

shem935

Banned
Should I bother with upgrading the exotic chest pieces that revive faster? Questioning how useful they will be going forward.

Edit: Yeah once you put him down and he kneels you have ~3 seconds to hit him with the sword and then he stands back up with full shields no matter what you do. Save your ammo for a second run at him. ^^

Should I bother with upgrading the exotic chest pieces that revive faster? Questioning how useful they will be going forward.

Edit: Yeah once you put him down and he kneels you have ~3 seconds to hit him with the sword and then he stands back up with full shields no matter what you do. Save your ammo for a second run at him. ^^

If you plan on running any hard mode raids I would just scrap it. Plenty of other good options.

Nebula

I mean he's not even kneeling. He's just instantly regenerating his shields.

Question about Dismantling Exotic weapons.

If I want to dismantle an exotic weapon. How many Exotic shards will I get?

Will I get more Exotic Shards if the weapon is fully maxed out?

Manp

Question about Dismantling Exotic weapons.

If I want to dismantle an exotic weapon. How many Exotic shards will I get?

Will I get more Exotic Shards if the weapon is fully maxed out?

never dismantled an exotic that wasn't somewhat upgraded. my guess is it'll always give you 2 from weapons and 1 from armor.

shem935

Banned
I mean he's not even kneeling. He's just instantly regenerating his shields.

Ah okay yeah. Saw that a couple times. Switched party leaders, back to orbit, peeled one team mate off knights and had them dps crota. Hard to tell if it is a bug or just crota's op shield. Wonder if there is a timer after which his shield automagically regens.

1 exotic shard for dismantling, 2 if it's maxed, does not apply to armour.

Thanks, Will max the exotics out before I dismantle them then.

the new Legendary Raid weapons work the same way ? Will I be getting Exotic shards from them or will I get Radiant energy?
I am guessing it works the same way, you get 2 if the weapon is somewhat leveled up?

gdt

No Gjallerhorn? Seriously? And repeats on the available upgrades? Goddamn it.

At least the 1 helmet engram I could buy rolled into a Titan Helmet I need to hit 32. Helm of Saint 14 :).

Buying new P&T and maybe Knucklehead and the claws. Just cause they look badass.

Edit: I would've upgrades my Praxic Fire if I didn't get a new one from the Nightfall though. Miiiiiiiiight upgrade Mida, but I'd rather just buy a new one than farming the glimmer to upgrade mine.

Also gonna buy a shit ton of heavy ammo.

Top Bottom