• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

SkylineRKR

I wonder when Bungie is going to nerf Suros to Dr. Nope class. It seems about all their rifles are like that now. Even the Exotic. Perhaps to differentiate Pulse Rifles more?

Meckaj

Neo Member
What's a good legendary vendor primary weapon? (any faction) I was a hand cannon user almost exclusively before the dlc, but the new ones look awful. Scouts would be my second choice but I don't have a whole lot of experience with them so I'm not sure that I know what stats/perks would be ideal.

The Chance is definitely the best HC you can buy, but requires Future War Cult rep.

Well, I am running out of Patience and Time. Xur is the ultimate bastard and makes the Cryptarch look like Mother Teresa. I will complete the Raid this weekend, get to level 31 and reassess whether I want to keep grinding this. I will keep at least 17 coins in the bank and if Xur ever decides to be merciful and sell Godhorn or Icebreaker I will consider coming back. I just don't think I can keep it up. Too many other good games to play.

SkylineRKR

Is it known by the way, that sharding maxed Raid Gear only gives 2 Radiant Shards?

Because I found out it did, and sort of laughed.

Midas

I'm so glad that I got Fatebringer yesterday, since it won't be of much use when hard mode raid is available. Can use it for a while, and come the new DLC when Nightfall and such goes to level 32, it's probably good bye. :(

GobFather

And when you get to rank 4, you can probably get gear from Iron Banner which can get you to 32. And that gear probably use ass shards.

We'll see. I'm grinding for rank 4 now. That's the only thing I need to get to 32.

So, just like "before", the gears from Iron Banner can help you reach 32 like... the gear before could help you achieve lvl 30?

Jinjo

Debating if I should buy Ruin Wings for my Titan. I dont like the Strength stat roll...were last week's RW any better?

They had like 5 points more Strength when fully upgraded. Exotics always have a single fixed stat. I know that holds up for sure with Xur and I don't think you'll be able to find any out in the wild with Intellect or Discipline. Buy it. It's the best Titan exotic together with Saint-14. If you have a Gjallarhorn or Thunderlord you can not pass on this one.

Meckaj

Neo Member
is it? I sharded it :eek:

As I'm doubting you bought it and then sharded it, I assume it was a drop and was lacking Field Scout which is required since it only has 6 ammo in the clip usually.

The new Crucible HC seems okay, but comes with a magazine of 10 and raher useless perks (ammo return on misses, kills give ammo or something along those lines and nothing worth mentioning on the 3-choice) and the Devil You Don't is just laughably bad. That leaves the vendor Chance as the only good choice out of the buyable ones.

Weirdness this morning. Wanted to try the double bounty cheese for myself.

Was in the tower before reset, then reset happens. Eris only has two bounties.

I take them, head to the strike to do one and end up in a forever loading screen. Matchmaking happened and we were just stuck in the strike loading screen for about five minutes. Had to shut the game down.

Came back, did the two bounties, and then the third bounty was available in the tower.

I know that because I had to shut the game down that I lost the chance to make the cheese work, but why did Eris only start me with two bounties? None of this was quest stuff.

Did Bungie perhaps fix this by forcing you to log out to get the full set of the daily bounties, thereby killing that method?

Krelian

What's a good legendary vendor primary weapon? (any faction) I was a hand cannon user almost exclusively before the dlc, but the new ones look awful. Scouts would be my second choice but I don't have a whole lot of experience with them so I'm not sure that I know what stats/perks would be ideal.
When it comes to Scout Rifles I really like my Badger CCL. It was a drop with Firefly and Explosive Rounds though, the vendor version doesn't have the same perks unfortunately.

I'm so glad that I got Fatebringer yesterday, since it won't be of much use when hard mode raid is available. Can use it for a while, and come the new DLC when Nightfall and such goes to level 32, it's probably good bye. :(

Yeah, the fatebringer is awesome in this new DLC. It shreds like butter.

I wish Bungie would let us upgrade rare legendary drops from Raids to be upgraded somehow. I wouldnt mind if it included a super grind to get them up to the new Damage bar. I DONT WANT TO RETIRE MY FATEBRINGER!

panda-zebra

I take them, head to the strike to do one and end up in a forever loading screen. Matchmaking happened and we were just stuck in the strike loading screen for about five minutes. Had to shut the game down.

Came back, did the two bounties, and then the third bounty was available in the tower.

I know that because I had to shut the game down that I lost the chance to make the cheese work, but why did Eris only start me with two bounties? None of this was quest stuff.

Did Bungie perhaps fix this by forcing you to log out to get the full set of the daily bounties, thereby killing that method?

If any bounties are the same as the previous day they will not show after reset, only when you log in again. Yesterday there was only 1 new bounty and 1 unobtainable Hunter bounty (for my Warlock) and then all three plus the Hunter one when signed back in on that character. Today there were 3 bounties and then 4 after signing back in.

It was the same for me yesterday. Game never shut down for me, just only had 1 bounty at Eris.

EL CUCO

They had like 5 points more Strength when fully upgraded. Exotics always have a single fixed stat. I know that holds up for sure with Xur and I don't think you'll be able to find any out in the wild with Intellect or Discipline. Buy it. It's the best Titan exotic together with Saint-14. If you have a Gjallarhorn or Thunderlord you can not pass on this one.

Thanks. Still no Gjallarhorn, unfortunately :( but I might just pick them up, anyways. I'm swimming in coins lol

SgtCobra

Fucking Rahool strikes again. Used my 69 Motes on that engram looking for something for my Warlock/Titan but no, I get 3 hunter helmets, I just want the Obsidian Mind but I'm probably asking for too much as RNG has been screwing me over since day one.
Please choke on something and die cryptarch.

Hyun Sai

People leaving the strikes have become annoying, seriously, bungie should do something for this.

No way I'm doing the same strike twice in a row. I can't even understand how they could make it work that way, it's like beginner coding...

So I'm leaving. If they don't want it, they have to put some sense in whoever designed this.

the best part of omnigul's closet is the ridiculous amount of action that happens in the skywatch. warsat, blades of crota and urzok the hated will spawn almost every time i reach this part of the strike.

ocean

Banned
Is Truth worth upgrading? I never use rockets in PvP (machine guns forever). For PvE I've got Hunger of Crota and Hezen Vengeance but no Horn...

Also, with Patience & Time everyone can go invisible when handling the sword against Crota guys. Take that into consideration.

Hunters relegated back to low-tier status again, where they belong lol.

tumblr_lic6r3nqF41qd99mho1_250.gif

Steroyd

Just got the one mote of light that gave me another bite at the exotic helmet cherry and I get... Knucklehead radar, damn you RNGesus, damn you to hell!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think it's time to stop playing this game. "Servers not available" error when almost everyone on my FL is playing it.

Namikaze1

Just got the one mote of light that gave me another bite at the exotic helmet cherry and I get... Knucklehead radar, damn you RNGesus, damn you to hell!
Lol! At least you didn't end up getting the helm Xur is selling as a Nightfall reward. I got last week's Hunter helm offering as a reward for this week's Nightfall. 13 Strange Coins down the drain.

Top Bottom