• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

LiK

They reaalllyy need to stop making the daily story The Awakening.

Shits so frustrating to solo

Yes, they broke the daily cycle to make sure DLC is used every other day instead of having the missions be sequential like they always were.

ugh, just did that one a couple of days ago for an Eris bounty. :-|

I didn't find it that hard. altho playing solo meant I had to take it a lil bit slower.

E92 M3

I didn't find it that hard. altho playing solo meant I had to take it a lil bit slower.

It's not about being hard for me, it's about the mission getting boring with it being up so often and I preferred them cycle everything like they did before. They purposefully altered it to make people buy DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if Tuesday's nightfall is Omnigul again.

rNilla

It's not about being hard for me, it's about the mission getting boring with it being up so often and I preferred them cycle everything like they did before. They purposefully altered it to make people buy DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if Tuesday's nightfall is Omnigul again.

It's nice they're trying to include the DLC content so frequently but with only two missions this approach isn't really a good one (I'm assuming Fist of Crota won't be a Daily).

Sullichin

Can't start using the new exotic Warlock gloves because I don't have a legendary helmet, can't buy a helmet this week because while I have 3 commendations I am limited by the weekly Mark cap. Fuck.

It's nice they're trying to include the DLC content so frequently but with only two missions this approach isn't really a good one (I'm assuming Fist of Crota won't be a Daily).

Far too short :lol

I'm getting really sick of these missions now. I even like doing the old strikes more than the new ones. Every time I do a dlc mission or strike it just reminds me how shit this dlc is.

I actually miss the main game.

The main problem I have with the boss room is that there is waaaaay to much stuff to get caught on when you're trying to move around quickly and avoid fire from the Knights and Witches. I usually set my stats for low agility in favor of high armor/recovery, and it makes that fight a little frustrating trying to get around. I guess a lot of it is my unfamiliarity with the room and the best places to traverse, but I will say that I literally have to unclench my body when that mission is done.

Navid

I really wish your level wasn't linked to the gear you wear, it's a damn shame that my Manifold Seeker armour has to stay in the vault when it looks so much better than everything else available...

f5PvGrW.png

WipedOut

Two VOG HM Gatekeeper and Atheon down.

Warlock:
3 Energy
3 Shards
Aspect of Glass
6 Shards

Hunter:
6 Shards
Timebreaker (For the 5th time)
Helmet
Helmet

Why oh Why would Atheon give me two helmets? RNG Continues to screw me out of Vex, Gally and IB.

E92 M3

Exactly, at least do it twice a week - not every other day.

The Urn mission would make a fun Daily...

The Urn mission needs to be added as a node at least. One of the best missions in the game.

I thought it was 3 months and then House of Wolves.

March or so and that's a lot of time to enjoy Thorn. You will get your exotic shard worth.

I really wish your level wasn't linked to the gear you wear, it's a damn shame that my Manifold Seeker armour has to stay in the vault when it looks so much better than everything else available...
yep, seems like a total waste of time to have created so many variants that eventually get discarded after you hit 20.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Daily story rotation is all kinds of fucked up, but is it really 3 ascendant mats now?

Interesting Xursday...

I'll need the Claws, and they beat Praxic Fire for utility with my Monte Carlo build. Match made in heaven right there. Crazy thing is I'll now have a 36 Light Warlock Helm, Gloves, and Chest to choose from with Starfire Protocol. As a result I might really just pass on the Praxic Fire upgrade. I can still use it in PvP without penalty, and even hit 31 with it equipped if I get a single raid piece. Same story with No Backup Plans. I'll upgrade them one day as a luxury, but my coins are better saved for now.

MIDA Multi-Tool, Hunter Crest of Alpha Lupi, and Monte Carlo get upgraded, and MIDA becomes my Titan's main all-in now considering I screwed up the Red Death thing last week. A nice handful of coins will go to Heavy Synthesis, bankrupted my Titan against Crota.
yep, seems like a total waste of time to have created so many variants that eventually get discarded after you hit 20.
Just need transmutes! some blue gear is among my favorite aesthetically in the game.

I still only have the helmet...but yeah, this game needs transmogrification.

By the way.... where the hell is yesterday's weekly update. Have they ever missed a week before or been late?
Deej said it was delayed to today because they're working on some infographic.

phen0m24

Daily story rotation is all kinds of fucked up, but is it really 3 ascendant mats now?

Interesting Xursday...

I'll need the Claws, and they beat Praxic Fire for utility with my Monte Carlo build. Match made in heaven right there. Crazy thing is I'll now have a 36 Light Warlock Helm, Gloves, and Chest to choose from with Starfire Protocol. As a result I might really just pass on the Praxic Fire upgrade. I can still use it in PvP without penalty, and even hit 31 with it equipped if I get a single raid piece. Same story with No Backup Plans. I'll upgrade them one day as a luxury, but my coins are better saved for now.

MIDA Multi-Tool, Hunter Crest of Alpha Lupi, and Monte Carlo get upgraded, and MIDA becomes my Titan's main all-in now considering I screwed up the Red Death thing last week. A nice handful of coins will go to Heavy Synthesis, bankrupted my Titan against Crota.

Just need transmutes! some blue gear is among my favorite aesthetically in the game.

DId you guys have fun glimmering after I left? And Hawkian, maybe put up a video of that in the next OP. People keep asking where is this glimmer farming spot LOL.

phen0m24

"Today we're going to focus on Hunters, and specifically this amazing one. See this chart below! Figadapaura has more kills than smallpox and you should see her with the swo-"

(Deej reads Fig's post)

"Ok scrap that. Look at this cool picture of a Titan wearing Crota's End Raid gear.

Last chance to get Destiny for your loved ones for the holidays! Buy now!"

;)

This Titan wouldn't go AFK on a strike with you, Fig

Axoman

My raid crew overall had an amazing haul last night from VoG.

Between the 6 of us, 4 of us got our first Vex and 1 that didn't have the Fatebringer got it at Templar. There were also many new raid weapons and exotics given out that none of us had.

The streak of getting a Fatebringer at templar continues for my group. This is now 2 Templar clears in a row and 3 out of the last 4 that there has been at least 1 Fatebringer dropped at Templar.

Over the last two weeks, I've finally gotten the VoG raid helmet and chest that I've been waiting on. Even though they are capped at +30 light, I'm still happy to finally have a full raid set.

Motes for Exotic Engram finally rolled in favor of ONE of my TWO classes, got a Skullfort Helmet.
So I know have an old Insmost Light, new Glasshouse and a new Skullfort.

so I am missing Saint 14 and new Inmost Light

phinious

Boup new legendary pistol. Immediately broke down The devil you know. Go to use the new one....5 shots! I used to get 12. Ugh... Some upgrade:(

gdt

Do the Ahamkara's Claw warlock exotics underwhelm anyone else?

Trying to decide if I should get them (even if just for my collection), but I'm not sure an extra melee attack is worth an exotic slot.

Same here. Granted the energy drain hp perk would work well in the Crota Fight but that's about it. Flame shield too but I don't know that that is exotic enough for the slot.

"Today we're going to focus on Hunters, and specifically this amazing one. See this chart below! Figadapaura has more kills than smallpox and you should see her with the swo-"

(Deej reads Fig's post)

"Ok scrap that. Look at this cool picture of a Titan wearing Crota's End Raid gear.

Last chance to get Destiny for your loved ones for the holidays! Buy now!"

;)

This Titan wouldn't go AFK on a strike with you, Fig

<3

I probably do have more kills than smallpox, honestly. It just means I've played too much. :p

Coconut

Banned
Well at least I'll get a new knucklehead this week and shard my old one. Maybe a multi-tool will be for sale next week... I'll just keep stacking these coins I guess.

Same here. Granted the energy drain hp perk would work well in the Crota Fight but that's about it. Flame shield too but I don't know that that is exotic enough for the slot.

I bought one out of vanity but I don't see it beating out Sunbreakers as gauntlets. Sunbreakers can make Control hilarious

I am still favoring Voidfang in PVP due to spawn with nads; Sunbreakers is good for stand your ground situations in PVE.

Top Bottom