• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Got a legendary ship from CE last night called Light in the Abyss. Looks like it is a hive ship and holy crap is it bad ass looking with a skull on the front.

Also got the sword breaker shotgun. Any thoughts on that? Basically, is it good?

Steroyd

Got a legendary ship from CE last night called Light in the Abyss. Looks like it is a hive ship and holy crap is it bad ass looking with a skull on the front.

Also got the sword breaker shotgun. Any thoughts on that? Basically, is it good?

It has Zero range.

Other than that crippling achilles heel, it's pretty decent.

amar212

Haha it seems we need some exact information about how much a weapon needs to be upgraded to get 2 instead of 1 exotic shard.

My conclusion.

WEAPONS: Developed to the final node, upgraded to pre-last node (one that asks for Exoshard) or fully upgraded (all nodes) = 2 Exoshards

Everything else (vanilla/developed partially/upgraded partially) = 1 Exoshard

GEAR: always 1 Exoshard (either fully or partially developed/upgraded/vanilla)

Ourobolus

Banned
My conclusion.

WEAPONS: Developed to the final node, upgraded to pre-last node (one that asks for shards) or fully upgraded (all nodes) = 2 Exotic shards

Everything else (vanilla/developed partially/upgraded partially) = 1 Exotic shard

GEAR: always 1 Exotic shard (either developed/upgraded/vanilla)

I'm almost positive that when I sharded my Invective last night, it had all of its XP but hadn't even started the last column of upgrades, and I got two shards.

Wallach

When doing the Will of Crota strike in Vanguard Roc, I picked up not just 2 legendary engrams but a legendary ship called Ripship Pardoner (some random guy's video). Looks pretty awesome.

The legendary heavy engram turned into shards (d'oh), but the secondary engram turned into The Trolley Problem with Spray and Play and Grenadier, which I am pretty damn happy with. This thing has Accelerated Coils too, I'm definitely leveling this guy up.

Upgraded my MIDA and need to farm a tad more for the Plan C before Xur bails, but I'm really liking this Coiled Hiss 1919 the more I use it. Headseeker, Reactive Reload and Flared Magwell are just a really great set of perks for PvE, especially on a high RoF PR. Also has some really good sight options.

Can look at those weapons here if you're curious: http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018433271414/2305843009215731158#gear

amar212

... and it's even worse when Crota bugs and gains shields magically.

Someone in your team had torrents/kid on youtube/crappy upload

All "bugs" with Atheon/Crota shields malfunctions, health regen issues, teleporting stuff, etc. is simply problems with synchronisation of players because of the ping/delay

TP-DK

For fuck sake, played the new strike and just when we get Omnigul down to the last 10% I got kicked with a weasel error. This shit always happens at the end of a strike.

Rank 4 IB, now I can replace my old Vanguard sniper. I'll probably get the AR at level five too, even though it doesn't seem that great. Still no Birth of History. :(

Also if anyone was wondering, you get shards from the gauntlets you get from Eris's quest. They were ugly, so I scrap them and got a Vanguard one. Love dat fur!

Someone in your team had torrents/kid on youtube/crappy upload

All "bugs" with Atheon/Crota shields malfunctions, health regen issues, teleporting stuff, etc. is simply problems with synchronisation of players because of the ping/delay
So five people DPS-ing Crota continuously, including two hitting him with Gjallahorns, and other shooting heavy machine guns, when getting Crota down to zero shield and then suddenly it's 100% full again with no one letting off is just a sync problem with ping/delay? No, it's not. The Praetorians "regaining" health is probably that, but not this.

WipedOut

When doing the Will of Crota strike in Vanguard Roc, I picked up not just 2 legendary engrams but a legendary ship called Ripship Pardoner (some random guy's video). Looks pretty awesome.

The legendary heavy engram turned into shards (d'oh), but the secondary engram turned into The Trolley Problem with Spray and Play and Grenadier, which I am pretty damn happy with. This thing has Accelerated Coils too, I'm definitely leveling this guy up.

Upgraded my MIDA and need to farm a tad more for the Plan C before Xur bails, but I'm really liking this Coiled Hiss 1919 the more I use it. Headseeker, Reactive Reload and Flared Magwell are just a really great set of perks for PvE, especially on a high RoF PR. Also has some really good sight options.

Can look at those weapons here if you're curious: http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018433271414/2305843009215731158#gear

This is the one I picked up in the ROC playlist - Like it because it doesn't really look like the same old boring design.

Capture.jpg

Rsinart

Had a long but eventful night on destiny. Finished CE, Nightfall, Weekly, on my main. Then got my titan to 29. Friend had VOG hard save at Gor, so got those chest on all 3 classes. This game is fun still when you have the right people to play with. Thanks to the Gaf members I played with tonight.

Well I hope Claws of Ahamkara are good because I just bought them :p. Seems like it could be fun making a build around it (specifically for PvP). I never had P&T either so I grabbed that too.
What are the stats on them? I got the Skull of Dire Ahamkara, and the quintessence transfer is amazing if you use Bloom on your Voidwalker. I'm throwing grenades into mobs of Thrall and instantly getting my Super charged.

Karl2177

Fuckin embarassing hearing from peeps how easy Crota is and my team only managed to get him half way before we gave up.

The timing was off on sword guy getting to Crota, sometimes Crota would move at the last second. Ugh. Gonna watch some videos, we have to be doing something wrong.

The worst was when you were bailing out because he was getting up and then he just decides he's going to chase after you. Total bullshit.

E92 M3

Deej had a tweet that was quickly deleted. Don't have a screen cap but it said update was coming Friday. Don't know if deletion means plans changed.

On Reddit he said it was because of a typo...very fishy though. I won't expect an update today, but will be happy to see one.

Watch Gjallarhorn be a preorder incentive for Destiny 2. Just watch.

Most likely a Collector's Edition exclusive.

LOL

SkylineRKR

I like it a lot. As someone else said it has very minimal range and I wish the perk boosted it somewhat more. But shoot with it, there is hardly any recoil combined with a very respectable ROF. This one shreds Majors easily.

Fucking awesome Xursday. Not only did I and another clan member pretty much guess everything that he brought and where he was going to be, he also brought the Monte Carlo upgrade. That gun is like my baby lmfao.

So my haul for today was the Claws of Ahmkara, Monte Carlo update, and an engram that turned into the last helmet that I needed to complete the trio from exotic vanilla helmets, the Apotheosis Veil. My RNG luck is on point today.

Namikaze1

Bungie knows what all of you want. Watch them update Gjallarhorn to be able to switch to either Arc/Solar/Void like Murmur with Arc/Solar for Destiny 2 and the only way to get it is through pre-ordering the game or worse: Collector's Edition.

Top Bottom