• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Didn't play destiny at all yesterday. Feel so lost lol. Idk where to start right now. Anyone wanna run a weekly. Have one character left to roll with. Or anyone wanna take down Crota? Anyone want the normal gorgon maze cp?

R0ckman

I don't think the reset of exotics was a display of bungie's ignorance but a highlight or reflection of TDB not having enough new content. Look at people waiting on Xur to sell exotics THEY ALREADY HAVE, because they want the upgraded version that would cost an abnormal amount of currency to upgrade. It's fairly clear that they wanted to reset all progress in general, they weren't keeping old exotics relevant in our favor, but in theirs. If it was in our favor they would have just updated the stats on the old exotics and not made "new" versions of them.

So this is a thing that I did today.

OSPUuI9.gif

Todd look what you don't have!

Qwell

Didn't play destiny at all yesterday. Feel so lost lol. Idk where to start right now. Anyone wanna run a weekly. Have one character left to roll with. Or anyone wanna take down Crota? Anyone want the normal gorgon maze cp?
I wouldn't mind the gorgon maze cp if thats cool.

E92 M3

CORRECTIVE MEASURE

What stats does it have? Bonus ammo with each kill seems good.

BETTER than corrective measure and I have that ammo perk, but no charge rate increase which would have been great. As it stands now, it seems to be the Arc equivalent of the 77 Wizard.

Your post remind me that I have one of those, that I never tried yet.
My perks on it are not so hot, but I will definitely give it a try now.

What perks? Hopefully you at least have field scout because it starts with a paltry 36 rounds. Nonetheless, try it out and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Shito

Hm? How so?

Ice Breaker and Black Hammer beat it out in usefulness and impact.
Black Hammer seems like a beast.
On everything you can't OHKO, P&T is better than Ice Breaker because of its stability.
Having both P&T and Ice Breaker is a really nice idea, and a best choice than just having Ice Breaker. :)

What perks? Hopefully you at least have field scout because it starts with a paltry 36 rounds. Nonetheless, try it out and you will be pleasantly surprised.
Take a knee and Grenadier.
No field scout, but it has "skip rounds", which apparently lets me carry more rounds in reserve at the detriment of... I don't know, the speed at which you can aim with it?

Xamdou

Just bought the claws of Ahamkara...

Which one should I upgrade next? Heart of Praxic Fire, Sunbreakers, Plan C or the truth?

I have the Hunger of Crota so should I even bother with the Truth?

I can't believe how many repeats there are with Xur this week. It was my greatest fear that we would see repeat after repeat and be waiting on something new.

Repeats:
Helmet Exotic Engram
Ruin Wings
No Backup Plans
Sunbreakers
Thorn
Truth (kinda since it was for sale last week)

6 repeated items...so lame.

zewone

Black Hammer seems like a beast.
On everything you can't OHKO, P&T is better than Ice Breaker because of its stability.
Having both P&T and Ice Breaker is a really nice idea, and a best choice than just having Ice Breaker. :)
I'm used to the crappy stability on IB at this point. P&T's damage is too insignificant for my tastes. But to each their own.
HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS!

I just got a package from Bungie.....

Will update ASAP.
Like in game or at your home?

RoKKeR

DestinyGAF, my weapons situation is dire. I'm almost to 29 and only have a pre-DLC legendary Hand Cannon and two blues for my Special/Heavy.

I feel like I need to buy something to make it so my damage output isn't completely shit in most encounters. Pull the trigger on Patience and Time? And if I already have an Exotic helmet should I pass on the Warlock arms for this week?

Edit: I don't play PvP btw.

Dave_6

My raid crew overall had an amazing haul last night from VoG.

Between the 6 of us, 4 of us got our first Vex and 1 that didn't have the Fatebringer got it at Templar. There were also many new raid weapons and exotics given out that none of us had.

The streak of getting a Fatebringer at templar continues for my group. This is now 2 Templar clears in a row and 3 out of the last 4 that there has been at least 1 Fatebringer dropped at Templar.

Over the last two weeks, I've finally gotten the VoG raid helmet and chest that I've been waiting on. Even though they are capped at +30 light, I'm still happy to finally have a full raid set.

Damn, I need to join your VoG crew! I'm about to die to get the Fatebringer and the Vex but continue having no luck. For whatever reason, I'm also still wanting the VoG helm for both my Hunter and Warlock (it looks cool IMO).

vFZABaG.jpg

That has become my favorite LMG in the game. More impact than Thunderlord, decent clip, kills in 4 shots in crucible and destroys in PVE. And it's even more viable for the Vex. Absolutely love it. Stability is better than it shows and the extended clip makes it a very cozy killing machine.

I have it actually, but it's vaulted. Too many other special weapons to focus on.

I'm hoping for a void one to drop for me right now I have a solar with some decent perks.

I was referring only to PVE. Impact on snipers does not matter in PVP since they are all one shot headshot kills and two shot kill to the body.

I have no issues staggering enemies with P&T, I can one man the Archon with it and keep him staggered until he is dead.

Rubenov

Let me put it another way. Firing the P&T is like driving a Tesla Model S, while firing Icebreaker is like driving a Honda Accord.

As an Ice breaker user I used to shit on it until I bought it a few weeks back.

noomi

Black Hammer is glitched. If you purchased the damage against hive perk, anytime you get precision shot a hive enemy you will not refill ammo :( Still works for other enemies tho.

Ryck

It is the best sniper rifle in the game. IceBreaker is used heavily because of regenerating ammo, but nothing beats Patience and Time...nothing.
I have it and I hardly use it since The Supremacy does about 25% more damage... So yeah I think the supremacy beats it quite easily.

Hopefully the upgraded version will pack more of a punch as I love fire rate, stability and larger mag of PT but that lower damage has kept me away.

Let me put it another way. Firing the P&T is like driving a Tesla Model S, while firing Icebreaker is like driving a Honda Accord.

I'm a Tesla fanboy, but unlimited ammo is still so clutch.

Does anyone have the Valedictorian 9-44 rocket launcher? I'm debating if getting this would be better than the raid rocket launcher

Who sells that one?

What are the other Vanguard weapons that are worth purchasing? Been debating buying weapons or mats.

The Crucible Quartermaster sells it but I got mind as an engram.

-

Does playing the Iron Banner increase my crucible rank? I need to figure out if I want to buy this rocket launcher

Shito

And it's not like you have to use one OR another.
When in need of ammos, just use the Ice Breaker to feed your P&T. ^^
And use one or another depending on the situation / shields / burns.
If you like using a sniper rifle, there's no reason not to have both, really.

I'm a Tesla fanboy, but unlimited ammo is still so clutch
Having an Ice Breaker means unlimited ammo for all of your other special weapons.
There you are! P&T ammo problem solved! ^^

lunlunqq

DestinyGAF, my weapons situation is dire. I'm almost to 29 and only have a pre-DLC legendary Hand Cannon and two blues for my Special/Heavy.

I feel like I need to buy something to make it so my damage output isn't completely shit in most encounters. Pull the trigger on Patience and Time? And if I already have an Exotic helmet should I pass on the Warlock arms for this week?

Hmm... At 29, you should have at least one exotic and several legendaries already. I'd say consider buying a legendary primary from the vendors to boost your combat effectiveness.

lunlunqq

How can I understand you if I haven't driven either before?

GlamFM

Banned

Run through the VoG a couple of times with a good crew and get all the Raid weapons.

They are really good and still really relevant.

And it's not like you have to use one OR another.
When in need of ammos, just use the Ice Breaker to feed your P&T. ^^
And use one or another depending on the situation / shields / burns.
If you like using a sniper rifle, there's no reason not to have both, really.

Having an Ice Breaker means unlimited ammo for all of your other special weapons.
There you are! P&T ammo problem solved! ^^

I guess that is true, but if I'm not mistaken don't you only get 3 sniper ammo for every 6 Ice Breaker ammo regenerated?

Also can anyone speak on what perk is best for rocket launchers, early detonation based on proximity or tracking?

RoKKeR

Hmm... At 29, you should have at least one exotic and several legendaries already. I'd say consider buying a legendary primary from the vendors to boost your combat effectiveness.
My level is sort of the product of me only jumping back in to play right around the time the expansion came out without actually buying it, and riding the new legendary vender gear to higher levels.

I've only run the Raid once as well which is maybe why I'm so low on weapons. As it stands it will take me like two weeks to grind enough Vanguard marks to buy a Legendary primary but I might end up doing that. Even still, patience and time worth grabbing?

zewone

I have no issues staggering enemies with P&T, I can one man the Archon with it and keep him staggered until he is dead.

I'm worried about the damage vs. staggering.

IB and Black Hammer will do at least 2xs the amount of damage. And BH is only a legendary.

But, P&T is fine for Arc burn nightfalls.

Shito

I guess that is true, but if I'm not mistaken don't you only get 3 sniper ammo for every 6 Ice Breaker ammo regenerated?
You get a percentage of your max number of ammos for the special weapon you wish to "feed".
I don't have the number, never cared to do the maths, but when using the ice breaker to feed one my epitaphs, I usually get ~12 ammos in them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My level is sort of the product of me only jumping back in to play right around the time the expansion came out without actually buying it, and riding the new legendary vender gear to higher levels.

I've only run the Raid once as well which is maybe why I'm so low on weapons. As it stands it will take me like two weeks to grind enough Vanguard marks to buy a Legendary primary but I might end up doing that. Even still, patience and time worth grabbing?
Yes, if you like sniper rifles. It's a wonderful tool for the current Nightfal.

Skele7on

Banned
So I am the person who runs @thecryptarch I do it for free and I like doing it.
I mean it's almost like my very own meta game that I play whilst not on destiny.
The other day I was contacted by Jonty barnes who asked if he could have my address.

I said sure why not no harm in that, so I just get a package through.

And OMG it's amazing!

zewone

Also can anyone speak on what perk is best for rocket launchers, early detonation based on proximity or tracking?

For PVP, early detonation feels like cheating it's so good.

I use a RL with this perk and very few people expect it. So while they're jumping or standing above me and feel safe, I just fire one rocket off and turn away and walk in slow motion because I know they're dead already.

GlamFM

Banned
I mean it's almost like my very own meta game that I play whilst not on destiny.
The other day I was contacted by Jonty barnes who asked if he could have my address.

And OMG it's amazing!

Coolio.

broony

And OMG it's amazing!

Holy shit. Nice loot. I enjoy the twitter as well.

hydruxo

I used Black Hammer on hard mode Atheon last night and it does 19k crits with Weapons of light vs. Ice Breaker's 17k. Pretty crazy considering you can get even more hits in than the six you get with Ice Breaker as long as you get crits.

LiK

And OMG it's amazing!

that's pretty cool

rNilla

And OMG it's amazing!

At least the Cryptarchs aren't stingy towards each other!

Top Bottom