• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Ozone

When I get home from work, I think I'll pick up that Knucklehead Radar helmet. Having radar while using my scout rifle sounds nice. Not great, but it's something at least.

I bought the Strength of the Pack cloak and the Venom of Ikaheka cloak a few months ago, those are the only ones I really use on my Hunter

When the game launched I really wanted that Legend of the 6 Coyotes cloak, so that's the only Speaker item I ever spent motes on.

Motes are mostly useless up until recently when all of our exotics became obsolete, so I've been saving them for engrams.

For some reason I hate the thought of having an animal that I don't personally like (coyotes, snakes, hawks) on a cosmetic item. It's weird. But then again I only have 8 motes now after buying an engram last week so I don't really want to grind to save up then go back to zero. I'm just hoping the crucible cape drops for me as a reward for leveling my crucible rank.

Great choice!

I didn't want my last post to get too long winded, but the early detonation can be slightly annoying in PvE if you are trying to hit a high priority target surrounded by trash mobs.

I have had a laugh at shooting a rocket at a knight only to have a dreg run slightly in the path and face tank the shot for his pal.

Honestly thanks for all of the advice with this. I'm in crucible now trying to rank up so I can purchase this soon.

hydruxo

For some reason I hate the thought of having an animal that I don't personally like (coyotes, snakes, hawks) on a cosmetic item. It's weird. But then again I only have 8 motes now after buying an engram last week so I don't really want to grind to save up then go back to zero. I'm just hoping the crucible cape drops for me as a reward for leveling my crucible rank.

I do wish they'd put out some new class items, I wouldn't mind some without animals on them either honestly haha.

well... because it is? haha. Do you like machine guns? It's the hands-down best, the only downside being giving up your exotic slot.
I just unlocked the Lightning Rounds last night and it's pretty damned great. Slices through Fallen and Vex Harpies like a hot knife through buttah.

So I am the person who runs @thecryptarch I do it for free and I like doing it.
I mean it's almost like my very own meta game that I play whilst not on destiny.
The other day I was contacted by Jonty barnes who asked if he could have my address.

I said sure why not no harm in that, so I just get a package through.

And OMG it's amazing!

Ok thats really cool.

#ForeverNoVex - Week #3 Sign Ups!!!

Its that time again! We will be running people through the Atheon checkpoint on PS4 as much as possible throughout the weekend for a chance to get a Vex. I am one of the poor souls without a Vex as well...

Please send me a PM if you are interested as this thread can move fast. I will post rosters later today. We will be doing our first run of the weekend at 7:00pm EST tomorrow Saturday December 20th. We originally had 2:00pm EST but I will not be free at that time.

If anyone has an Atheon checkpoint and can provide it to me after 7pm EST tonight that would help move things along.

We have had 2 new Vex owners since starting this so it makes it all worth it!

Then I will abandon you all once I have my own...kidding!

Korosenai

huh, why. just buy a cheap exotic from Xur today if you need the shards.
Mainly because I don't even currently have a Titan, and I already have ruin wings, armamentarium, and glasshouse saved up for one. So I know I probably won't ever even use either of those helmets when I do make one.

joecanada

I'm a sucker for scout rifles, so I love what I'm reading there... :)

well I must premise that statement by saying that the usual stability handicap is definitely on this gun, but in close, it tears everything apart.

you can also get a stability perk, but I always go max impact and just hold on for dear life lol

zewone

How long did it take you? About 6 hrs...? I believe I have the dedication to do something like this, but I'm afraid of losing my soul in the process lol

It took me about 7 hours or so, but I wasn't playing the most efficient.

Biggest pain in the ass is getting my faction ranks back up.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How long did it take you? About 6 hrs...? I believe I have the dedication to do something like this, but I'm afraid of losing my soul in the process lol
Save your gear in the vault and equip some trash in all the slots so that when you delete your character you won't miss them.

Yeah, takes about 6-7 hours. If you don't like PvP then you have to do all the story missions at a higher difficulty. Not hard just mindnumbingly boring. Bounties help a lot.

nowai

Honestly thanks for all of the advice with this. I'm in crucible now trying to rank up so I can purchase this soon.

NP at all!

As for your motes; if you can get an Iron Banner weapon to drop, rerolling perks is a great option. The snipe rifle that is being sold is a monster if rolled correctly. It has the same impact as Ice Breaker and you can reroll it for field scout for 6 rounds.

Timur's Lash is the highest impact hand cannon. If you can roll rangefinder, third eye and field scout, you have yourself one hell of a weapon.

My 300 Timur's Lash with rangefinder hits harder and has better range that my Hawkmoon...now to get a 331 version to drop this week.

Greenymac

So this is a thing that I did today.

OSPUuI9.gif

You're twisted man....just....no...

joecanada

Anyone know if Xur has the Red Death this week so I can upgrade it?

no but check out this list (he's in the north tower )

super good advice

thorn

mida multi

universal remote

p& t - (sorry but I have final boss and not worth it for me despite what people here say)

PLAN C

MONTE CARLO - begone haters I am upgrading mine

Question - should I waste a shard to upgrade thorn or just finsh my new thorn bounties? Im thinking the bounties...

NP at all!

As for your motes; if you can get an Iron Banner weapon to drop, rerolling perks is a great option. The snipe rifle that is being sold is a monster if rolled correctly. It has the same impact as Ice Breaker and you can reroll it for field scout for 6 rounds.

Timur's Lash is the highest impact hand cannon. If you can roll rangefinder, third eye and field scout, you have yourself one hell of a weapon.

My 300 Timur's Lash with rangefinder hits harder and has better range that my Hawkmoon...now to get a 331 version to drop this week.

What would be the ideal Timur's Lash if I already have the exotic hunter helmet that keeps my radar up? Range Finder, field scout, and just anything else?

Doodis

Silimar's Wrath: anyone pick it up yet from the IB? I'm contemplating working up to level five for this. But I can't find any impressions online.

hydruxo

no but check out this list

super good advice

thorn

mida multi

universal remote

p& t - (sorry but I have final boss and not worth it for me despite what people here say)

PLAN C

MONTE CARLO - begone haters I am upgrading mine

Question - should I waste a shard to upgrade thorn or just finsh my new thorn bounties? Im thinking the bounties...

Yeah if you've already got the bounty just knock it out. Otherwise you'll be spending an additional shard you could have used on something else.

So with Monte Carlo showing up today with Xur Hawkmoon can't be far behind!

It was nice that the PS exclusive weapon didn't count towards one of the 6 for the week.

hydruxo

So with Monte Carlo showing up today with Xur Hawkmoon can't be far behind!

It was nice that the PS exclusive weapon didn't count towards one of the 6 for the week.

Monte Carlo being there made my day knowing that Hawkmoon would be there soon. Was worried there for a while that I'd have to rely on RNG again for a new version of it instead of being able to upgrade it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What would be the ideal Timur's Lash if I already have the exotic hunter helmet that keeps my radar up? Range Finder, field scout, and just anything else?
I have one (old era) like this, and I switch between field scout and explosive rounds, it's pretty fantastic.

joecanada

Yeah if you've already got the bounty just knock it out. Otherwise you'll be spending an additional shard you could have used on something else.

hey thanks I agree and knocking out void damage in crucible will be pretty fun with that raid shotgun, it's like a riot shotgun lol....

Also anyone max out their mida multi-tool? Is this worth upgrading to 331? It's a great weapon but as you all know, how many exotics do you really want when you always pack the horn or icebreaker around ? lol.

Monte Carlo being there made my day knowing that Hawkmoon would be there soon. Was worried there for a while that I'd have to rely on RNG again for a new version of it instead of being able to upgrade it.

Same here, was not looking forward on waiting on RNG. Xur can be just as much of a bastard tho...

Bizazedo

...only to turn out being one of the weaker exotics in Destiny 2.
Gjallahorn being a shit rocket launcher in Destiny 2 would be amazing. I'd applaud.

Look carefully at the bottom of the engram.
Good eyes. Also, brilliant.

#ForeverNoVex - Week #3 Sign Ups!!!
[/SPOILER]
I am seeing the Hobbit then, but if still running after can sub in to keep it going.

Same here, was not looking forward on waiting on RNG. Xur can be just as much of a bastard tho...

Yeti got a new 331 Hawkmoon this week and sounded like a guy who got a rocket launcher in the raid and creamed his pants.

Is funny since he mocked that guy extensively.

rNilla

hey thanks I agree and knocking out void damage in crucible will be pretty fun with that raid shotgun, it's like a riot shotgun lol....

Also anyone max out their mida multi-tool? Is this worth upgrading to 331? It's a great weapon but as you all know, how many exotics do you really want when you always pack the horn or icebreaker around ? lol.

I like the MIDA but I seem to be in the minority. It's nothing extraordinary over legendary scout rifles though.

Not digging the warlock exotic for sale this week but my baby lock is level 13 so I feel like I should buy them anyway for when I hit 20.. Whats the general consensus on them?
Or is there some way to farm Motes of Light?

Do they have some holiday plans they wanted to hold onto a little longer?

Don't do this to me, man. My hopes need to stay sealed in this tiny box..

EL CUCO

Field Scout is a must have (for PVE). Try to get something like crowd control. Look for perks that compliment each other.

I rolled my Lash 20 times before I found something that worked. (but remember IB weapons do not give Ass energy if dismantled).

hydruxo

I don't have mine fully maxed but I've got it up to the last perk and it's pretty damn awesome. Makes the first part of Crota's End a cakewalk with how fast you can move. I think MIDA is an underrated gun.

With the weekly update delayed to possibly today based on the quickly deleted Tweet, what does everyone think is up?

Do they have some holiday plans they wanted to hold onto a little longer?

With Christmas being next Thursday I can guarantee there won't be an update next week and Bungie will likely be out of the office starting Monday for at least a week, just the few brave souls left to keep things running,

nowai

Outlaw is always a fantastic perk, but I don't think you can roll Rangefinder and Outlaw on the same weapon.

Luck in the Chamber is decent if you don't have Field Scout as the small mag gives more chances for the proc.

Crowd Control is also decent for PvE, but Third Eye is so monster that I'm addicted to it!

Gjallahorn being a shit rocket launcher in Destiny 2 would be amazing. I'd applaud.

Good eyes. Also, brilliant.

I am seeing the Hobbit then, but if still running after can sub in to keep it going.

Yeti got a new 331 Hawkmoon this week and sounded like a guy who got a rocket launcher in the raid and creamed his pants.

Is funny since he mocked that guy extensively.

No worries Biz! Congrats to Yeti!!! Did he ever have Hawkmoon is was it his first?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Would you pick it over Hawkmoon? Your opinion really matters on this lol
..fuck no. :O

But it's a Legendary, which is a huge advantage. Timur's Lash (not even fully upgraded) was my go-to in Iron Banner when I was using any other Exotic, and it worked quite well. Still felt the difference with it from normal Crucible for sure, but it's such an all-around solid cannon that it still satisfied.

nowai

I like the MIDA but I seem to be in the minority. It's nothing extraordinary over legendary scout rifles though.

I use MIDA when I'm the sword bear and love it. With Fleet Footed, it feels like playing Quake or Unreal with how fast the movement speed is.

SkylineRKR

I hope Monte Carlo upgrade is a sign that Xur is also going to sell this and Hawkmoon as a weapon. Probably not, but I still want Hawkmoon and gave up on trying.

RNG is a bitch. 2 Horns, 2 Last Words, 6 Vex, 0 Fatebringer, 0 Hawkmoon, 0 VoC. And I'm clearly lagging behind in CE when it comes to Primaries because of not having FB or VoC. Vex works but it means I have to replace Horn with Hezen or CM.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have both; I use neither. Ruin Wings all the way.
Both of those are Striker helms; Ruin Wings are best paired with a Defender running Iron Harvest (unless playing solo).
I don't have mine fully maxed but I've got it up to the last perk and it's pretty damn awesome. Makes the first part of Crota's End a cakewalk with how fast you can move. I think MIDA is an underrated gun.
Yeah, it shouldn't be underrated anymore. Since the patch, it's a legitimately valid use of your Exotic slot.
an animal that I don't personally like (coyotes, snakes, hawks)
I see, I will remember this day

Top Bottom