• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

So I am the person who runs @thecryptarch I do it for free and I like doing it.
I mean it's almost like my very own meta game that I play whilst not on destiny.
The other day I was contacted by Jonty barnes who asked if he could have my address.

I said sure why not no harm in that, so I just get a package through.

And OMG it's amazing!

That's pretty awesome. I really want some factions shirts.

For PVP, early detonation feels like cheating it's so good.

I use a RL with this perk and very few people expect it. So while they're jumping or standing above me and feel safe, I just fire one rocket off and turn away and walk in slow motion because I know they're dead already.

Thanks, yea I think I'm going to get a RL with that perk, tracking doesn't seem that great unless it is Ballerhorn.

Also where the hell is Xur this week?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think that care package is awesome but it would be remiss for me not to remind you the the Cryptarch is a cockhat and something in there is probably poisoned.

MADGAME

I mean it's almost like my very own meta game that I play whilst not on destiny.
The other day I was contacted by Jonty barnes who asked if he could have my address.

And OMG it's amazing!

Very cool! I think you can see the 2 Ascendant Materials inside of that purple :D

realcZk

Can Crota drop raid gear? Here's everything I've seen him drop, anyone else see anything different?

- Emblem
- Ship
- Shader
- Random Exotic
- Blackhammer (sniper)
- Hunger of Crota (RL)
- Song of Ir Yut (MG)
- Light of the Abyss (fusion)
- Swordbreaker (shotgun)
- Raid helm

lunlunqq

And OMG it's amazing!
Wut? Mad jealous now. But that post card with Rahool presenting a legendary gift has to be a lie though.

hydruxo

Can Crota drop raid gear? Here's everything I've seen him drop, anyone else see anything different?

- Emblem
- Ship
- Shader
- Random Exotic
- Blackhammer (sniper)
- Hunger of Crota (RL)
- Song of Ir Yut (MG)
- Light of the Abyss (fusion)
- Swordbreaker (shotgun)

He can drop helms

zewone

Thanks, yea I think I'm going to get a RL with that perk, tracking doesn't seem that great unless it is Ballerhorn.

Also where the hell is Xur this week?

I'd love a chance to roll a RL with early detonation and tracking. I'm not sure if Iron Banner drops a rocket launcher, but if they ever sell it, I will roll it until I get these perks.

Xur is near the Speaker, near the locked garage door across from him.

Can Crota drop raid gear?

- Raid helm
;)

E92 M3

And OMG it's amazing!

Very cool swag package!

Just completed Super Good Advice bounty and got the new version, should I keep it or just complete the upgrade tree and 2x shard it? I have fully maxed void, ark and flame machine guns (I'm machine gun guy) and G-horn.

I'd love a chance to roll a RL with early detonation and tracking. I'm not sure if Iron Banner drops a rocket launcher, but if they ever sell it, I will roll it until I get these perks.

Xur is near the Speaker, near the locked garage door across from him.

;)
Same I'm hoping IB has RL one day and I would waste so much currency trying to get that RL. I mean the Truth also have that combination but I don't want to use up an exotic for it. .

Nvm, found him.

Iceman829

I used Black Hammer on hard mode Atheon last night and it does 19k crits with Weapons of light vs. Ice Breaker's 17k. Pretty crazy considering you can get even more hits in than the six you get with Ice Breaker as long as you get crits.

Upgraded icebreaker does about 19500 with weapons of light when you crit aethon. Was doing that last week before I got a new gjallarhorn.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So I deleted my 31 warlock and made a new one in a day. Ran Nightfall got Admonisher RL and 2 energy from the CE chest :( I give up.

nowai

Also can anyone speak on what perk is best for rocket launchers, early detonation based on proximity or tracking?

Early detonation is a must for pvp rockets.

Steel Oracle was a must buy pre expansion and the new Crucible RL is awesome as well.

I hip fire and it's virtually a guaranteed kill if you get it roughly anywhere in the vicinity of the player. It also gives me the ability to shoot a player in the air with hip fire.

Tracking is also awesome, but having to ADS doesn't always lend itself to frantic PvP. If you're going exotic, Truth is great for PvP as it gives you both options.

chewydogg

Heart
Mida
Thorn

I have 990 glimmer...

I'll definitely be looking for a gatekeepers glimmer run late tonight eastern. Just putting that out there...

Not sure about those Claws that Xür has, think I'll pass.

PSN AdamKoy

zewone

So I deleted my 31 warlock and made a new one in a day. Ran Nightfall got Admonisher RL and 2 energy from the CE chest :( I give up.

I did the same with my Titan yesterday and got Voidfang Vestments from Nightfall and legendary Hunter gauntlents from a purple engram...

CE chest was 2 shards, but it at least had the class item in it.

matmanx1

Had a long but eventful night on destiny. Finished CE, Nightfall, Weekly, on my main. Then got my titan to 29. Friend had VOG hard save at Gor, so got those chest on all 3 classes. This game is fun still when you have the right people to play with. Thanks to the Gaf members I played with tonight.

Yep, Destiny is most excellent with friends to play with. Solo is ok but grouped with your friends it becomes about 100x better.

So, if I have the old Truth and just want to use it for PVP should I even bother to upgrade it? I actually don't use rockets that much in PVE (no 'horn for me) so it seems like it would still work just fine in PVP and IB at 300 atk.

Early detonation is a must for pvp rockets.

Steel Oracle was a must buy pre expansion and the new Crucible RL is awesome as well.

I hip fire and it's virtually a guaranteed kill if you get it roughly anywhere in the vicinity of the player. It also gives me the ability to shoot a player in the air with hip fire.

Tracking is also awesome, but having to ADS doesn't always lend itself to frantic PvP. If you're going exotic, Truth is great for PvP as it gives you both options.

I think you just convinced me to pick up the new Crucible RL, also the blast radius of that thing is beastly. Looks like it has great stats.

-

Just bought 100 Heavy Ammo Synthesis from Xur, I should be good for awhile. Now I only have 101 strange coins left after buying the new P&T and dismantling my old one.

Also it seems like Xur is selling PS exclusive upgrades for the Monte Carlo. I might start VoG runs to see if I can get the Hawkmoon as a drop. Do most people who run VoG runs now just start at the Gorgon maze for the chest and then just rush through to get to Atheon?

Steroyd

OMG Why does my Warlock keep getting the exotic bounties that require pvp, my least favourite class for that mode, it has to be on purpose at this point my Warlocks Iron Banner is rank 2 ffs, without any buffs.

Although million million shader looks alright. No, don't swayed!

nowai

Not sure about those Claws that Xür has, think I'll pass.

If you have coins to spare, you should buy them for experimentation at the very least. Testing and playing with different builds can uncover hidden gems that might click with you.

Playing an up close shotgun lock and having two overshields in PvP is a pretty fantastic.

Also picked up some RL and Sniper telemetries to make leveling them up easier. Thanks Xur for being clutch.

For any Hunters do you spend Motes of Light on the Speaker capes? I'm debating buying one of his cape or getting the Crucible cape where it is like the cape of other Hunter defeated. I'm not sure I want a flash Speaker cape but the Crucible cape seems subtle

EL CUCO

How long did it take you? About 6 hrs...? I believe I have the dedication to do something like this, but I'm afraid of losing my soul in the process lol

hydruxo

Upgraded icebreaker does about 19500 with weapons of light when you crit aethon. Was doing that last week before I got a new gjallarhorn.

If you're talking about the 331 Ice Breaker then yeah mine wasn't fully maxed yet, neither was my Black Hammer though. BH has higher impact so it probably still does more damage. Probably 20k+.

zewone

For any Hunters do you spend Motes of Light on the Speaker capes? I'm debating buying one of his cape or getting the Crucible cape where it is like the cape of other Hunter defeated. I'm not sure I want a flash Speaker cape but the Crucible cape seems subtle

When the game launched I really wanted that Legend of the 6 Coyotes cloak, so that's the only Speaker item I ever spent motes on.

Motes are mostly useless up until recently when all of our exotics became obsolete, so I've been saving them for engrams.

hydruxo

Also picked up some RL and Sniper telemetries to make leveling them up easier. Thanks Xur for being clutch.

I bought the Strength of the Pack cloak and the Venom of Ikaheka cloak a few months ago, those are the only ones I really use on my Hunter

nowai

I think you just convinced me to pick up the new Crucible RL, also the blast radius of that thing is beastly. Looks like it has great stats.

Great choice!

I didn't want my last post to get too long winded, but the early detonation can be slightly annoying in PvE if you are trying to hit a high priority target surrounded by trash mobs.

I have had a laugh at shooting a rocket at a knight only to have a dreg run slightly in the path and face tank the shot for his pal.

How long did it take you? About 6 hrs...? I believe I have the dedication to do something like this, but I'm afraid of losing my soul in the process lol

I can't deal with the story again and that's the only way I know how to level up fast. .if I could just play Crucible I would restart one of my hunters. But I really want to make a Titan and Warlock eventually just to unlock their grimoire cards then delete them and make more hunters. .

joecanada

Your post remind me that I have one of those, that I never tried yet.
My perks on it are not so hot, but I will definitely give it a try now.

It's an automatic scout rifle ... quite literally... awesome gun... I have done up to 1k+ damage per bullet and this is auto fire (although admittedly slow fire rate).

Top Bottom