• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

I hope Monte Carlo upgrade is a sign that Xur is also going to sell this and Hawkmoon as a weapon. Probably not, but I still want Hawkmoon and gave up on trying.

RNG is a bitch. 2 Horns, 2 Last Words, 6 Vex, 0 Fatebringer, 0 Hawkmoon, 0 VoC. And I'm clearly lagging behind in CE when it comes to Primaries because of not having FB or VoC. Vex works but it means I have to replace Horn with Hezen or CM.

I doubt they will ever sell it, but it is good news that a Hawkmoon upgrade isn't too far away...hopefully.

SkylineRKR

MIDA is a great weapon for CE. We found out at launch day, when crossing the pits. Same as Monte Carlo actually, you'll basically get infinite Blink Strike if you're a Hunter. We 2 manned it with that.

Iceman829

Seriously fuck the people that play this game. I need 1 more fallen captain kill and I've had to leave Venus 3 fucking times because people come to the captain and sit down where he spawns. I needed 1 more kill. Why must people be scumbags and not wait their turn. Everyone I come across randomly is an ADD 3 year old. Why can't I just rent a private server where only my friends can join me on patrol missions.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Every single day I fail to find Hawkmoon is a another day I develop negative feelings for this game. Plus, this mother fucker Xur finally has Knucklehead Radar again after I gave up and bought (and leveled up) the Symbiote helm last week.

I need another break.

Just played one game of IB, got Hard Light as a drop. . this is my 2nd Hard Light in 1 week. . sigh.

Why couldn't Hawkmoon drop. And yea I will play IB some more to get the hand cannon and hopefully roll for good perks. It will be my go to legendary hand cannon if I get it.

Shito

I like the MIDA but I seem to be in the minority. It's nothing extraordinary over legendary scout rifles though.
I love the MIDA
when soloing that first part of the CE raid
I'm trying to like it in other situations, but I already have legendary scout rifles better than it. Firefly is too good a perk on a primary to not be missed.

SkylineRKR

Seriously fuck the people that play this game. I need 1 more fallen captain kill and I've had to leave Venus 3 fucking times because people come to the captain and sit down where he spawns. I needed 1 more kill. Why must people be scumbags and not wait their turn. Everyone I come across randomly is an ADD 3 year old. Why can't I just rent a private server where only my friends can join me on patrol missions.

Just do the Archive. And I think Divide has a few too.

hydruxo

You don't have to be the one to get the kill to get credit for it you know. You can just stand next to the dude spawn camping the Captain and it'll count.

R0ckman

Anyone attempting a full Crota tonight? Two of my local friends have not gotten to experience the new raid, one has not gotten to experience VoG either, but I know he isn't interested in that one now that its invalid. His other friends have tossed the game out so he has no raid friends, the other friend who has yet to play Crota had an original group that has disbanded so he's screwed as well. I'll need to run my Warlock through anyway.

gdt

At the last boss of the daily. Hop in and help me wrap it up before work.

Ps4 gdt5016.

Nvm wrecked his ass with the horn.

hydruxo

I gather that he won't spawn at all.

I assumed he was talking about the dude was standing far enough that the captain was spawning and he was killing him then running to the same spot over and over. But if he's just standing in the cave then yeah that's annoying.

nowai

I wonder if it stacks MIDA agility and the extra agility in the raid leg armor.

I have both and it could just be a placebo effect, but it feels faster. Times when I don't switch back to MIDA after rocketing a sword bear, I feel slower than when I'm holding MIDA.

Xamdou

I keep getting error messages and then logging me out of Dstiny even though I am still logged in to XBL and my cable connection is still up.

It says: Error: Lost connection to Destiny servers. Please try again later.

The next DLC to hit, house of wolves.

Do we know if the weapon damage stats will be the same as right now ?

It better not go up so I have to re upgrade these weapons again.

Hyun Sai

Plenty of Fallen leaders elsewhere... Starting area of the moon, far left building, in earth, The Divide (he spawns from a ship, so impossible to prevent him to appear) and Rocketyards (often 3 of them in the furthest spot on the right).

nowai

Go kill Draksis. Bounty complete.

bucyou55

Banned
Thanks hawkian for the noob vog run, everyone was really cool and we beat it all in a decent time!!

Im in whenever there is a crota's end run lol

nowai

haha it's Bungie, of course you will have to re-upgrade your exotics in a few months.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

i'm nearly certain it will be the exact same thing. consider setting aside some to upgrade directly when the time comes.
Thanks hawkian for the noob vog run, everyone was really cool and we beat it all in a decent time!!

Im in whenever there is a crota's end run lol
Hehe no problem!

Would have been an even faster complete if not for drassil being an evil, evil person. ;)

Iceman829

You don't have to be the one to get the kill to get credit for it you know. You can just stand next to the dude spawn camping the Captain and it'll count.

I was standing away from the cave and the people wouldn't leave the cave preventing the spawn. I was trying to collect some spirit bloom as well, but it seems the playerbase would rather troll people then work together.

Last night I was working on the knife hive in the back and was in rocket yard waiting for sword guys. 2 people showed up and continued to mow anything down I tried to kill from behind. I shouldn't have to hide myself in a closed story mission to do bounties because the player base is a bunch of asshats.

When I arrive at an area if I some someone is working it over I move along to the next spot or try to get a new instance. I'm not going to block someone from doing the same stupid bounty I'm doing. I think I'm just getting burnt out on this game and continuing to run into people like this is turning me off.

Instead of going left to the ember caves head right when you spawn. Go past all the fallen until you get to a lush green area with the Vex and Fallen fighting. You will find several fallen majors there and they keep re spawning

Edit* Ishtar cliffs is the area

EL CUCO

eWvhkht.jpg

Strider

Haven't played Destiny in a week but I still woke up today and one of my first thoughts... "Oh I wonder what Xur has..." lol that sticks with you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does anyone know how the Murmur is compared to the raid fusion rifle? I know the raid has one more shot than the Murmur.
Well Murmur's more versatile. Two guns in one stat-wise, and Arc or Solar based on need. It has higher impact and range, but a longer charge on the Arc version (which is what Light of the Abyss is).

LotA has a ludicrous charge time. It's almost too fast, honestly. I really had to adjust as I'm used to cooking my fusion rifles to be successful. And the fire rate (how quickly you can charge again after a shot) is out of control too. It's the closest you can get to Pocket Infinity in a legendary slot, minus Pocket Infinity's ridiculous range and impact, but affording you another Exotic. It's great and I love it and for the moment Murmur is shelved on my hunter except in Solar circumstances.

It just dropped last night, so I haven't fully upgraded it yet, but that charge rate is monster.

If you manage to upgrade it or just use it more please share how you like it. I'm just now getting into fusion rifles and they are so god damn beastly it is hilarious. I use to always use shotguns in PVP but fusion rifles destroy shotguns.

So I remember VOG was an amazing experience my first 3-4 times through. So many helpful people. Everyone was so nice. Really gave me inspiration to help a lot of lower ranked people get through it.

This new raid had been something else. The final Crota fight has been a nightmare.
Can't keep a group together, everyone complains, has no patience. Bails.

Its not easy to cheese Crota, I was online last night with 3 different groups for over three hours trying to cheese him. It takes time, because if you mess up, you have to do a lot to get back to the beginning.

I'm tired man. When I get off work, I know I will try again, ill just say this.

Trying to find people to play this game is such a chore, there has to be a better way than hitting up forums to get a group together. Its so frustrating team begging for 3 hours. I really hate that aspect of the game.

Well Murmur's more versatile. Two guns in one stat-wise, and Arc or Solar based on need. It has higher impact and range, but a longer charge on the Arc version (which is what Light of the Abyss is).

LotA has a ludicrous charge time. It's almost too fast, honestly. I really had to adjust as I'm used to cooking my fusion rifles to be successful. And the fire rate (how quickly you can charge again after a shot) is out of control too. It's the closest you can get to pocket infinity in a legendary slot, minus Pocket Infinity's ridiculous range and impact, but affording you another legendary. It's great and I love it and for the moment Murmur is shelved on my hunter except in Solar circumstances.

I have a light beware that has a charge rate and ROF that's just as fast. Unfortunately it's a 300 cap weapon. What makes plan C so deadly is its charge rate is almost as fast as this but has ridiculous range and impact. Hard to find a fusion rifle with both fast charge rate and high range and impact

phen0m24

I was standing away from the cave and the people wouldn't leave the cave preventing the spawn. I was trying to collect some spirit bloom as well, but it seems the playerbase would rather troll people then work together.

Last night I was working on the knife hive in the back and was in rocket yard waiting for sword guys. 2 people showed up and continued to mow anything down I tried to kill from behind. I shouldn't have to hide myself in a closed story mission to do bounties because the player base is a bunch of asshats.

When I arrive at an area if I some someone is working it over I move along to the next spot or try to get a new instance. I'm not going to block someone from doing the same stupid bounty I'm doing. I think I'm just getting burnt out on this game and continuing to run into people like this is turning me off.

The other place for Fallen Majors is at Skywatch. The helicopter pad has a few that spawn there periodically. And if you get lucky, you'll get a Warsat or "The Enemy is Moving Against Each Other" which is REALLY fun.
:)

Happy hunting

Had a friend stay the night yesterday and when I wake up today I find he has leveled my Warlock three levels for me.
Can I get a live in Destiny grinder? It feels like a Christmas surprise, haha.

matmanx1

NP at all!

As for your motes; if you can get an Iron Banner weapon to drop, rerolling perks is a great option. The snipe rifle that is being sold is a monster if rolled correctly. It has the same impact as Ice Breaker and you can reroll it for field scout for 6 rounds.

Timur's Lash is the highest impact hand cannon. If you can roll rangefinder, third eye and field scout, you have yourself one hell of a weapon.

My 300 Timur's Lash with rangefinder hits harder and has better range that my Hawkmoon...now to get a 331 version to drop this week.

Except for new TBD blues I have yet to see an IB weapon drop this week in several hours of play. Last time I saw bunches. It might just be RNG but I sure would like a shiny new Timur's Lash!

In other news one of my buddies got a new Fusion rifle with the highest charge rate that I have ever seen (and it also has accelerated coils!). As soon as it dropped (and this was in IB, mind you) he started using it and was absolutely wrecking with it. Like 20+ kills a game for three games in a row. And it was 248 attack.

We have come to the conclusion that levels and gear don't really matter in IB as much as Bungie would like us to think it does.

Top Bottom