• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd love to do an HM Templar as I still must desperately have fatebringer, and could help get through Atheon if needed,but time is a little on the limited side tonight. Let me know if/when this happens!

Reposting for new page!

#ForeverNoVex - Week #3 Sign Ups!!!

Its that time again! We will be running people through the Atheon checkpoint on PS4 as much as possible throughout the weekend for a chance to get a Vex. I am one of the poor souls without a Vex as well...

Please send me a PM if you are interested as this thread can move fast. I will post rosters later today. We will be doing our first run of the weekend at 7:00pm EST tomorrow Saturday December 20th. We originally had 2:00pm EST but I will not be free at that time. We may attempt a few runs tonight as well.

If anyone has an Atheon checkpoint and can provide it to me after 7pm EST tonight that would help move things along.

We have had 2 new Vex owners since starting this so it makes it all worth it!

rNilla

So far as I can help sculpt this into something we'd use in actual practice...

If facing enemies above your level, increasing your Attack value does help, but it is always a better idea to raise your own level if possible.

Against enemies at or below your level, raising your own level does nothing, increasing your Attack value does something.

edit: For example, if you're deciding how to get the most bang for your buck out of an Exotic shard, an armor upgrade is the answer 99% of the time.

I actually do understand everything you've said up until this point but generally I don't think too much about these minute details. I am always maxing out my weapons and gear so that seems obvious. Level is a priority over weapons but I'm always doing both. It's not like I'm ever making a conscious decision to focus on weapons only. But I can only speak for myself.

Hoodbury

Gave my Timurs Lash a try for the first time in the crucible last night (regular not Iron banner) and couldn't get a damn kill with the thing. I even have pretty good perks.

I have Performance Bonus and third eye as my two main perks and then my 3 option perks are Field Scout, Flared magwell, and explosive rounds.

The thing just has too slow of a fire rate to win any shootouts.

I do pretty good with The Last Word but mostly stick to auto rifles so I'm not too good at hand cannon style of play and making each shot count. But I thought with that impact I'd be doing some pretty good damage. And I did for one or two shots, but was always dead before I could get 3 or 4 shots to land.

I just want to try HM, period.

Never done it, hardly have any VoG weapons...also in dire need of shards. Not sure of my schedule this weekend, though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I actually do understand everything you've said up until this point but generally I don't think too much about these minute details. I am always maxing out my weapons and gear so that seems obvious. Level is a priority over weapons but I'm always doing both. It's not like I'm ever making a conscious decision to focus on weapons only. But I can only speak for myself.
Yeah, this is the right approach. The design is intended for people to upgrade their weapons and armor over time as they have the resources to fill in a particular bubble and not worry about what affects what too much.

I mean honestly, it's a shooter. All this stuff becomes pretty secondary in the heat of trying to crouch behind cover long enough for my stealth to kick in and go res someone, or launching myself sideways into the air to flank around a tough add and stick a grenade
Gave my Timurs Lash a try for the first time in the crucible last night (regular not Iron banner) and couldn't get a damn kill with the thing. I even have pretty good perks.

I have Performance Bonus and third eye as my two main perks and then my 3 option perks are Field Scout, Flared magwell, and explosive rounds.

The thing just has too slow of a fire rate to win any shootouts.

I do pretty good with The Last Word but mostly stick to auto rifles so I'm not too good at hand cannon style of play and making each shot count. But I thought with that impact I'd be doing some pretty good damage. And I did for one or two shots, but was always dead before I could get 3 or 4 shots to land.
Ah yeah, well Timur's Lash isn't a magic wand that makes hand cannoneering easy or anything; it's just a very good hand cannon. You gotta land your headshots and never throw a bullet away. TLW is a completely different beast. Relying on 4 body shots to get a kill with a typical HC is definitely a recipe for death.

Well, thanks to Xur bringing heavy synth... and almost nothing else I want.... I probably don't even have to get back on the glimmer farm this weekend. Oh well.

Pretty awesome running crota for several hours, giving people advice the whole time and 2 hours into it people ask why this or that happens and I get to say that it's the advice I've been saying this time repeatedly over and over.

haha If I had a nickel for every time this happened... I'd have a lot of nickels.

bachikarn

So far as I can help sculpt this into something we'd use in actual practice...

If facing enemies above your level, increasing your Attack value does help, but it is always a better idea to raise your own level if possible.

Against enemies at or below your level, raising your own level does nothing, increasing your Attack value does something.

edit: For example, if you're deciding how to get the most bang for your buck out of an Exotic shard, an armor upgrade is the answer 99% of the time.

This is somewhat not picky, but raising your attack power might not do anything to lower level enemies as it caps how much damage you can do to lower levels.

Several times I looked at the damage pre and post attack upgrade, and the damage done didn't change. Destiny's weapon damage is so confusing as it depends on attack, level differential, and impact but can also be capped.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is somewhat not picky, but raising your attack power might not do anything to lower level enemies as it caps how much damage you can do to lower levels.

Several times I looked at the damage pre and post attack upgrade, and the damage done didn't change. Destiny's weapon damage is so confusing as it depends on attack, level differential, and impact but can also be capped.
Hahaha, yeah, I actually just addressed this in this post, I know these pages are moving fast. There's a max damage per shot per gun that can be done to any particular enemy. The rule is that if the damage popup is white, regardless of how many levels below you the target is, there's room to get more damage from raising Attack. If it's grey, you're just hitting the max cap.

Bungie lied - exotic weapons do not level any faster than they used to.

I'm still pissed that upgrading an exotic at Xur resets the node progress. It really sucks losing the speed boost from MIDA :/

rNilla

I think my Husk of the Pit drop rate is the same as Nami's which means I'll probably never get one because I'm not as crazy dedicated.

phen0m24

If all you can get is a templar CP I'd be up for helping out if there is room. Need that Fatebringer, lol.

I can join if you just get Atheon CP too though if you need bodies.

I'd love to do an HM Templar as I still must desperately have fatebringer, and could help get through Atheon if needed,but time is a little on the limited side tonight. Let me know if/when this happens!

Wow thanks gents. A buddy asked me who has a 30 Hunter and a 28 Titan who is vexed by Vexlessness and is busy tomorrow night. Maybe we can bang out a HM VoG run this eve?

hopes Hood and Hawkian both get FB's and my buddy gets a Vex

I just need shards

phen0m24

Well, thanks to Xur bringing heavy synth... and almost nothing else I want.... I probably don't even have to get back on the glimmer farm this weekend. Oh well.

haha If I had a nickel for every time this happened... I'd have a lot of nickels.

I learned last night:

High level MG's burn down SB fast
Call out shield percentage for sword wielder's approach
Kill all the knights
YELL AT CROTA IN ARNOLD VOICE FOR THE WIN

Kaiken

Banned
Bungie lied - exotic weapons do not level any faster than they used to.

I'm still pissed that upgrading an exotic at Xur resets the node progress. It really sucks losing the speed boost from MIDA :/

They use less energy so I suppose they level faster in that sense? Still took a while before my upgraded Ice Breaker leveled... again.

sjay1994

So.... I want to attempt Flawless Raider

If anyone is interested send an FR to sjay1994 on PS4.

Please be at least level 30, and have a good sniper or rocket launcher

EL CUCO

Hahaha, yeah, I actually just addressed this in this post, I know these pages are moving fast. There's a max damage per shot per gun that can be done to any particular enemy. The rule is that if the damage popup is white, regardless of how many levels below you the target is, there's room to get more damage from raising Attack. If it's grey, you're just hitting the max cap.

I never noticed this.

You dont want anyone on your team to do Flawless with a RL, if I were you. Better to be safe than sorry.

E92 M3

I think my Husk of the Pit drop rate is the same as Nami's which means I'll probably never get one because I'm not as crazy dedicated.

I don't understand the rush - hard mode doesn't even have a release date yet.

BTW what is this Husk everyone is talking about?

It's a common weapon that upgrades to a legendary and that legendary upgrades into the Necrochasm. The item needed for the Necro is dropped by Crota in hard mode.

rNilla

I'm in no rush but it's something to do.

Jill-shrugs.gif

All this talk about attack values and damage and how it's affected by your light level and the enemies level is a little pointless. Just max out your guns to ensure you're doing max damage, period.

LordofPwn

So the only weapons Xur has not had an upgrade for are:
Bad Juju
Hard Light
Hawkmoon*
Invective
Patience and Time
Pocket Infinity
Gjallarhorn
Vex Mythoclast**
Fate of All Fools**

He could in theory have the rest of the ones next week for upgrade

*PS Exclusive probably coming Next Week, after Iron Banner is over
**Probably never happening

Korosenai

It's a common weapon that upgrades to a legendary and that legendary upgrades into the Necrochasm. The item needed for the Necro is dropped by Crota in hard mode.
You don't understand the rush because you got it after only three tries :p

for Exotic Bounties, I try to wait to see if the bounty pops up again instead of trying to upgrade to old versions through,.

I think Thorn is probably the only one that peopel should upgrade with Xur because it is big pain in the ass and I hate the Pits.

Also: 2 weeks w/o GHorn upgrade, what a surprise! Xur's randomness sure is screwing us.

I learned last night:

High level MG's burn down SB fast
Call out shield percentage for sword wielder's approach
Kill all the knights
YELL AT CROTA IN ARNOLD VOICE FOR THE WIN

lol Arnold voice was the true MVP on that run, everything came together with his inspiration.

Bungie lied - exotic weapons do not level any faster than they used to./

Deej "clarified" in a post in the Gaming section that they meant they didn't need ass mats to level, which made it "faster." Sometimes I don't' think anyone at Bungie plays this game.

Deku Tree

Oh I still need to do this with my level 31 warlock. Then I'll have the platinum too. I usually can play after 8:30 pm EST and not before then... Just got the grimore notification last night that I have 30 Atheon kills.

Hoodbury

Wow thanks gents. A buddy asked me who has a 30 Hunter and a 28 Titan who is vexed by Vexlessness and is busy tomorrow night. Maybe we can bang out a HM VoG run this eve?

hopes Hood and Hawkian both get FB's and my buddy gets a Vex

I just need shards

Sounds good to me. I get on around 8 CST if that works.

Sometimes I don't' think anyone at Bungie plays this game.

Seriously. I've had this thought occur every time the game is updated. Seems like making Destiny is just a 9-5 gig for them, no passion toward actually spending time playing and enjoying it.

I should note - I don't feel that way about the artists, just the designers. The art and music in the game is outstanding.

EL CUCO

Oh I still need to do this with my level 31 warlock. Then I'll have the platinum too. I usually can play after 8:30 pm EST and not before then... Just got the grimore notification last night that I have 30 Atheon kills.

I'm down to help you out with this if you need one more, so just let me know when. I gotta catch up to Boguester :p

LordofPwn

Seriously. I've had this thought occur every time the game is updated. Seems like making Destiny is just a 9-5 gig for them, no passion toward actually spending time playing and enjoying it.

I should note - I don't feel that way about the artists, just the designers. The art and music in the game is outstanding.

I see urk online all the time playing...

You dont want anyone on your team to do Flawless with a RL, if I were you. Better to be safe than sorry.

The only time a RL was required was back when Atheon was still glitched. The only way we were able to kill him before enrage on my first flawless was WoL + GHorn. We never got Time's V and he died maybe 10 seconds before enrage.

Nowadays I definitely think you are right, shouldn't ever be necessary. VoC or FB + IB + CMeasure is a fantastic flawless load out.

I'm down to help you out with this if you need one more, so just let me know when. I gotta catch up to Boguester :p

lol good luck with that! Nobody is as obsessive as me! .... I'm sure flawless will pick back up once people have gotten settled with the DLC stuff. It was really getting popular for a minute before the DLC dropped.

joecanada

You don't want to upgrade any of that list this week?
Plan c, Monte Carlo, mida, p&t, etc?

Langy

So i just leveled to 29 about 10 mins ago....if i were to attempt VoG on hard would a decent team be able to pull me through or is it worth waiting until i'm a higher level?

Never tried CE yet so guess same question about that on normal?

Had a friend stay the night yesterday and when I wake up today I find he has leveled my Warlock three levels for me.
Can I get a live in Destiny grinder? It feels like a Christmas surprise, haha.

Haha. I have a friend who doesn't work and barely showers... I know I can call him to come over and he won't sleep for two days and just play every second. I'd be a crucible rank 100 before I knew it. But its not worth having to drive and pick him up and come home from work and wake up and look at him.

phen0m24

i'm up for some Normal or Hard VoG tonight. I just want some stupid shards.

LiK if we can get something together tonight will keep you in the loop.

Assuming Hawkian, Hood and my buddy are all free at 9EST we could potentially have 5 for a HM run

My PSN is ColonelOCorn

Top Bottom