• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

spyder_ur

So i just leveled to 29 about 10 mins ago....if i were to attempt VoG on hard would a decent team be able to pull me through or is it worth waiting until i'm a higher level?

Never tried CE yet so guess same question about that on normal?

I didn't much enjoy it as a 29 to be honest, but that was with a group of either 3 or 4 29s. Took awhile though we got through it. I felt very squishy. I'm guessing that with 30 or 31 almost being the norm at this point it will feel much more manageable.

As for CE I'd try to get to 30, at a certain part of the raid the level of the enemies if you are 29 will be too much.

Kaiken

Banned
So i just leveled to 29 about 10 mins ago....if i were to attempt VoG on hard would a decent team be able to pull me through or is it worth waiting until i'm a higher level?

You should be all good to go!

spyder_ur

LiK if we can get something together tonight will keep you in the loop.

Assuming Hawkian, Hood and my buddy are all free at 9EST we could potentially have 5 for a HM run

My PSN is ColonelOCorn

I'm pretty sure I'd be down for a HM raid around then as well, if you are looking keep me posted.

Mindlog

You should be fine. Just be sure to upgrade your weapons as well.

Will buy a new P&T. I have like 3 of those to break down. Lots of shards from that.
Will buy 250 Heavy Ammo packs if I have enough room in my inventories and vaults. It would be so much easier to spend coins if my vault wasn't holding twenty different mats and currencies in the same slot I'm trying to carry twenty different synths and telemetries.

Mildly tempted to upgrade Thorn, but I don't feel enthused about grinding 7k glimmer to earn the right to grind XP on the same weapon again.
Will try to buy at least two helmet engrams.

Meh Xur Week. Just want my Obsidian Helm.

nowai

Bungie lied - exotic weapons do not level any faster than they used to.

I'm still pissed that upgrading an exotic at Xur resets the node progress. It really sucks losing the speed boost from MIDA :/

It used to take me 2-3 days doing bounties on three characters to max out a weapon, I can do it in a day now.

It's considerably faster than the slog it used to be.

You don't want to upgrade any of that list this week?
Plan c, Monte Carlo, mida, p&t, etc?

I keep going back and forth but there's no urgency. Especially if they are going to pull this crap with the next DLC.

Plan C and MC I would only use in Crucible and I don't care enough about Ironing to bother now. P&T is the closest, but I would honestly rather upgrade it than buy it new and save strange coins for heavy synth. Already bought 200, might buy 100 more haha.

Hoodbury

LiK if we can get something together tonight will keep you in the loop.

Assuming Hawkian, Hood and my buddy are all free at 9EST we could potentially have 5 for a HM run

My PSN is ColonelOCorn

If you need shards and LiK needs shards why not just make it a full fresh run?

Deku Tree

My hunter got to 31 last night. If anyone is forming a CE raid crew tonight after 8:30pm EST let me know. I am looking for a hopefully quick kill with experienced players. I am an expert at tower duty and I know all aspects of the raid. We did the whole thing a few days ago with no wipes. I also have the Crota check point if people want to start at Crota and then pick up the early loot afterwards.

Then after that I need to do another 15 strikes with my 31 Warlock before Xur leaves so that I can get on with my second Bad Juju exotic bounty. So I might be (semi-selfishly) up for helping people through Nightfall and Weeklies.

LiK

exotics seem slightly faster but wth, all my perks should've stayed active after I upgraded it. I spent 7+k to upgrade it. it should keep its perks.

Greenymac

Greenymac's Friday Night Boozefest with special guest Crota 8:30 PM eastern time

1. Drunken Master Green- 31 hunter.
2. Tysonbane- 31 hunter
3. Westtrade-

Looking for 3 more. Id like to try and run the sword at the end or at least give it a turn or two. Please quote and add yourself.

Hoodbury

VoG HM at 29 is fine. Especially if you have a decent team which I would assume would have a bunch of 31's now.

Just curious, do you know you can buy your way to 31 now? Just visit the vendors in the Tower.

I'd wait til 30 for CE but we had a 29 with us for the first week and he kinda survived it, lol.

EL CUCO

The only time a RL was required was back when Atheon was still glitched. The only way we were able to kill him before enrage on my first flawless was WoL + GHorn. We never got Time's V and he died maybe 10 seconds before enrage.

Nowadays I definitely think you are right, shouldn't ever be necessary. VoC or FB + IB + CMeasure is a fantastic flawless load out.
Yeah that was exactly my loadout for our Flawless run. We dropped Atheon with 1-3/4 1/2 Times V. Probably could've took him down with one, but somebody on our team decided to use a Fusion rifle for Atheon lol Thankfully we didn't encounter any glitches. This was the second half of the run from someone else's perspective http://youtu.be/GizfYg4n824
I would definitely not encourage doing the jumps the way some in our fireteam did it, but it's the way they felt most comfortable...nerve wrecking.

Qwell

My hunter got to 31 last night. If anyone is forming a CE raid crew tonight after 8:30pm EST let me know. I am looking for a hopefully quick kill with experienced players. I am an expert at tower duty and I know all aspects of the raid. We did the whole thing a few days ago with no wipes. I also have the Crota check point if people want to start at Crota and then pick up the early loot afterwards.

Then after that I need to do another 15 strikes with my 31 Warlock before Xur leaves so that I can get on with my second Bad Juju exotic bounty. So I might be (semi-selfishly) up for helping people through Nightfall and Weeklies.
I'm up for a CE run myself, I would be bringing my 31 warlock with Gjallarhorn, I've completed the raid a few times now, and have experience with the sword if needed. Oh and I have the bad juju bounty as well so we could buddy up for that, I'm on your FR already PSN = Qwell

phen0m24

If you need shards and LiK needs shards why not just make it a full fresh run?

Well my buddy said he probably can't swing it now due to a meeting, but that gives us 5. I can scare up a 6th unless you guys want to grab someone.

Totally down for a fresh HM run

E92 M3

i guess bungie isnt doing the whole weekly update thing anymore

There is supposed to be one today, but here is an early sneak peak:

"You guys love Destiny! Here are some numbers! Destiny is great! Killing Crota is the best Christmas present around. Keep giving us your feedback, we're listening.

Operations center:

Lowered the percentage of people with the Baboon error by 15%.

Happy holidays Guardians."

Meckaj

Neo Member
Gave my Timurs Lash a try for the first time in the crucible last night (regular not Iron banner) and couldn't get a damn kill with the thing. I even have pretty good perks.

I have Performance Bonus and third eye as my two main perks and then my 3 option perks are Field Scout, Flared magwell, and explosive rounds.

The thing just has too slow of a fire rate to win any shootouts.

I actually got an identical Timur's Lash from the first Iron Banner. Here's a video of Rumble with it:

http://youtu.be/BY0LppJiD9M

and another one after re-rolling it to Rangefinder and Reactive Reload:

http://youtu.be/9yzQx__350k

And I do agree, it doesn't have a whole lot going for it when comparing it to "normal" HCs like Devil You Know as the extra impact doesn't really do anything as you still need 3 headshots to kill (most of the time). That and the slower fire rate means that usually it has longer kill times than HCs that hit for 86.

The only good thing about Timur is that it makes some combos more reliable like bodyshot + melee, grenade + melee etc. but all in all, I'd st ill advise people to get some other HC if they can.'

Edit: I guess 2 headshots and 1 bodyshot will kill with Timur's so it has a little edge, still not amazing though.

Deku Tree

I'm up for a CE run myself, I would be bringing my 31 warlock with Gjallarhorn, I've completed the raid a few times now, and have experience with the sword if needed. Oh and I have the bad juju bounty as well so we could buddy up for that, I'm on your FR already PSN = Qwell

Sounds good. I know who you are. Let's do it. I guess we need four more for the CE raid.

I've never done the hard version of the VoG raid, but I'm close to hitting 31, and maybe I should check it out before I do.

My biggest question: Does the loot stack like the weekly strikes (i.e. Does doing the hard version give you the loot for the normal version as well, or do you have to do the normal afterward)?

I've never done the hard version of the VoG raid, but I'm close to hitting 31, and maybe I should check it out before I do.

My biggest question: Does the loot stack like the weekly strikes (i.e. Does doing the hard version give you the loot for the normal version as well, or do you have to do the normal afterward)?

Boss encounters give you double loot (counts for normal and hard) and so does the Gorgon chest.

Meaning, you get twice as many ascendant mats, and maybe two Chatterwhites.

Me and fellow gaffer firehawk ran the Solar Burn Nexus NFall 8 straight times to do that part of the Bad Juju bounty, haha. Took like 8 minutes each run.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whoa, good to know. Where'd you find that information?
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2oembc/so_heres_how_much_faster_new_exotics_will_be/

Essentially a ~47k difference, or about 9 bounties' worth.

Armor is much less of a change, but then armor never took all that long (from my perspective anyway).
exotics seem slightly faster but wth, all my perks should've stayed active after I upgraded it. I spent 7+k to upgrade it. it should keep its perks.
The playerbase would have by and large been okay with any upgrade system which led to increase damage but did not reset a weapon's unique ("exotic," even) perks they'd already invested in, even if the gun actually took MORE xp to relevel.

Destiny is rather bad at offering what I would call "hush puppies"- small token design elements that don't make a large impact overall, but soothe gamer psychology in order to make grind/repetition feel less onerous.
Anyone running Crota? Or wanna start a group?

Hawk.. You ever get the kill Wednesday?
Twice, in fact.

SkylineRKR

Ideally, they should make it so that you have to re upgrade from the signature for Exotics the game sees as maxed out. I mean you've done your work, you pay glimmer and a shard. You still have to fill up 4 orbs afterwards, which also cost time, glimmer and a shard.

But maybe I'm just crazy and Bungie is not.

There is supposed to be one today, but here is an early sneak peak:

"You guys love Destiny! Here are some numbers! Destiny is great! Killing Crota is the best Christmas present around. Keep giving us your feedback, we're listening.

Operations center:

Lowered the percentage of people with the Baboon error by 15%.

Happy holidays Guardians."
Yep, going to be some 3 months retrospective bullshit.

No one gives a shit. Just prove that you really are listening and that changes are coming that will improve the experience.

Destiny is rather bad at offering what I would call "hush puppies"- small token design elements that don't make a large impact overall, but soothe gamer psychology in order to make grind/repetition feel less onerous.
I call those Quality of Life improvements, of which Destiny is severley lacking. Plenty of room for improvement as far as small conveniences or rewards.

Langy

Well my buddy said he probably can't swing it now due to a meeting, but that gives us 5. I can scare up a 6th unless you guys want to grab someone.

Totally down for a fresh HM run

I'm willing to lose my HM virginity if yous are willing to bring me along?

I've done the raid a few times and despite only being 29 i'm sure i can cope

Add me PSN Langoit

cilonen

Oh FFS, this weekly would be a cakewalk if it wasn't fucking Arc Burn.

Wizard bastards and their instadeath stream of shit can fuck right off.

E92 M3

Twice, in fact.

Absolutely, Bungie is horrible at that for some reason.

Yep, going to be some 3 months retrospective bullshit.

No one gives a shit. Just prove that you really are listening and that changes are coming that will improve the experience.

Shhh no proof, only dreams [and empty promises]

You forgot one part:

Baboon errors have been relabeled and split into orangutan, chimpanzee, and jabberwocky errors.

I giggled.

Qwell

Me and fellow gaffer firehawk ran the Solar Burn Nexus NFall 8 straight times to do that part of the Bad Juju bounty, haha. Took like 8 minutes each run.
Yah nexus is definitely the way to do the bad juju bounty. I did it twice (and have the NEW bounty twice yet again) and both times were during a weekly Nexus. I got reaaaallly good at running it, think my fastest Nexus clear was just under 7 minutes.

Top Bottom