• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

TP-DK

neHdb1c.jpg

Iron Banner is a cruel place.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
29 wouldn't be too bad for the Weekly and the Nightfall can be cheesed throughout if necessary...
Drops galore? I wanna run it. Gratz
Well, the second kill I did it on my Hunter again just to help out/for the sword experience so no drops from that, but the first time I got Light of the Abyss which is rapidly becoming my favorite legendary Fusion rifle. I got the chest earlier from the bridge in our run. So I've run CE twice so far, once on Titan and then once on Hunter; first run, got gloves, boots, and machine gun, second run got chest and fusion rifle. Compared to VoG it's been like triple christmas.

I also wanna run it. Wish I was at home right now like you ;)

Absolutely, Bungie is horrible at that for some reason.
There's a degree to which they just don't really care that much :-/

Well, the second kill I did it on my Hunter again just to help out/for the sword experience so no drops from that, but the first time I got Light of the Abyss which is rapidly becoming my favorite legendary Fusion rifle. I got the chest earlier from the bridge in our run. So I've run CE twice so far, once on Titan and then once on Hunter; first run, got gloves, boots, and machine gun, second run got chest and fusion rifle. Compared to VoG it's been like triple christmas.

I also wanna run it. Wish I was at home right now like you ;)

Hit me up tonight if you wanna run a few :)

exotics seem slightly faster but wth, all my perks should've stayed active after I upgraded it. I spent 7+k to upgrade it. it should keep its perks.
I would have been fine with a lengthier process with new/replacement upgrade damage nodes if it meant keeping the perks.

SkylineRKR

Man I love the Swordbreaker. Used it in IB (upgraded to the final one before radiant energy). 2 shots at best, almost zero recoil and the ROF is fast enough to erase a mistake. Reload must be the quickest in its class too. Range wasn't that much of an issue, I've got Hammer Forged on it.

I remembered it was Void, so I checked my forgotten Thorn bounty. 60 points after one game and I completely forgot to dust off the Epilogue and actually play for Thorn. I guess Thorn isn't that hard to get with the right loadout. Might go with an OP Final Rest drop for this as i'm better with FR, tho I like Swordbreaker a lot.

Steroyd

Then after that I need to do another 15 strikes with my 31 Warlock before Xur leaves so that I can get on with my second Bad Juju exotic bounty. So I might be (semi-selfishly) up for helping people through Nightfall and Weeklies.

I couldn't take helping people on nightfalls like that my poor heart couldn't take people getting Hawkmoon or saint helm-14 while for me it's only 1 of 9 runs toward a bad juju or whatever the hell the bounty is for.

Greenymac

Sure I'll join in but if you let me switch to my hunter or titan at the end when we get to the crota fight. I don't think my level 27s will do much damage.

So you're saying you want to run it with a 27? Uhhhhh ok... Guess its a good thing I picked up 200 heavy ammo synths this morning.

Thanks!!

Haha. I have a friend who doesn't work and barely showers... I know I can call him to come over and he won't sleep for two days and just play every second. I'd be a crucible rank 100 before I knew it. But its not worth having to drive and pick him up and come home from work and wake up and look at him.

Hahaha, harsh! I mean, I think it might be worth it if he could get you up to that point, right?..

It would be pinnacle of naivete to expect today's Weekly Update to address any of the blowback to The Dark Below or its terrible loot changes, since a) DeeJ has said on twitter that this is an end of the year update and has a bunch of "fun" stats and b) since the expansion shipped 2 weeks before Christmas and I bet everyone is on vacation. But damn, morale is low with me and my friends. And it doesn't have to be. So maybe I am naive, because I want to believe.

neHdb1c.jpg

Iron Banner is a cruel place.

The Crucible is no place for mercy!

Also just got some IB Fusion Rifle, forgot the name, it was alright, but I already have Murmur. Really annoyed though that dropped IB weapons still don't give Ascendant Energy. So I scrap it for no reason.

It would be pinnacle of naivete to expect today's Weekly Update to address any of the blowback to The Dark Below or its terrible loot changes, since a) DeeJ has said on twitter that this is an end of the year update and has a bunch of "fun" stats and b) since the expansion shipped 2 weeks before Christmas and I bet everyone is on vacation. But damn, morale is low with me and my friends. And it doesn't have to be. So maybe I am naive, because I want to believe.

Yep. Unfortunately I don't think we'll get any real exciting information or game updates until at least mid-January.

The good news is that 2015 will be a much better year for Destiny than 2014 was :p

R0ckman

My hunter got to 31 last night. If anyone is forming a CE raid crew tonight after 8:30pm EST let me know. I am looking for a hopefully quick kill with experienced players. I am an expert at tower duty and I know all aspects of the raid. We did the whole thing a few days ago with no wipes. I also have the Crota check point if people want to start at Crota and then pick up the early loot afterwards.

Then after that I need to do another 15 strikes with my 31 Warlock before Xur leaves so that I can get on with my second Bad Juju exotic bounty. So I might be (semi-selfishly) up for helping people through Nightfall and Weeklies.

I have a group of 3 (including myself), 2 are level 30 with no experience if that's okay. I'm already on your friends list I think you're Deku_Bleep or something correct?

venom2124

Anyone know the minimum level you have to be to run the nightfall and hardest weekly heroic? I want to get my friend through it to get him some decent loot.

For those grimoire folks out there, a reminder that the Urn quest targets (Eyes, Heart, and Hand of Crota and Urzok the Hated) now have Grimoire cards from their elimination. You'll have to go and kill them again though.

Still aggravated that the Lunar Complex ghost/grimoire is still bugged.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I jumped on for a few hours after finishing the late shift at work last night, expecting to be trolled by Xur. Logged on to find that the Sunbreakers he had were better-specced than the ones I got last week so I went for the new ones, upgraded my Patience and Time, and bought 2 Exotic Helmet engrams just for the Cryptarch rank. Imagine my surprise when the first helmet engram decrypted into the Obsidian Mind (second was the hunter Arachnid helmet, but I only run Warlock.)

0e3.png

Still no Husk of the Pit though. Or Heart of Praxic Fire... ~_~

E92 M3

For those grimoire folks out there, a reminder that the Urn quest targets (Eyes, Heart, and Hand of Crota and Urzok the Hated) now have Grimoire cards from their elimination. You'll have to go and kill them again though.

Still aggravated that the Lunar Complex ghost/grimoire is still bugged.

Can I just kill them in patrol again?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The playerbase would have by and large been okay with any upgrade system which led to increase damage but did not reset a weapon's unique ("exotic," even) perks they'd already invested in, even if the gun actually took MORE xp to relevel.
I would have been fine with a lengthier process with new/replacement upgrade damage nodes if it meant keeping the perks.
haha. eventually bungie will just put me on staff. :D
Anyone know the minimum level you have to be to run the nightfall and hardest weekly heroic? I want to get my friend through it to get him some decent loot.
The minimum level you have to be is 27... I do not recommend this.

Top Bottom