• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Sullichin

The game gives me Light Beyond Nemesis more than any other exotic item. I've dismantled three of them, I have a fully upgraded old one and the engram just gave me another. Suppose I will keep this one

Greenymac

Greenymac's Friday Night Boozefest with special guest Crota 8:30 PM eastern time

1. Drunken Master Green- 31 hunter.
2. Tysonbane- 31 hunter
3. Westtrade-

Looking for 3 more. Id like to try and run the sword at the end or at least give it a turn or two. Please quote and add yourself.

Still looking for a couple...Quoting for new page.

Ourobolus

Banned
Down after 7pm EST. If you could provide the Atheon checkpoint for the #ForeverNoVex runs that would be amazing!
I dunno if I can be on then, but I should be able to get the Gatekeeper checkpoint since I want to switch my character at that point for future glimmer farming.

Deku Tree

Yah nexus is definitely the way to do the bad juju bounty. I did it twice (and have the NEW bounty twice yet again) and both times were during a weekly Nexus. I got reaaaallly good at running it, think my fastest Nexus clear was just under 7 minutes.

I still need to take down Crota on one of my warlocks. Unless the wife drags me out, I'm game.

Still looking for a couple...Quoting for new page.

Myself (31), Quell (31), and grimlock (?) were looking to take down Crota at approx 8:30pm EST on the previous page if you want to join up. I might be five minutes late or so but I can try to be on time.

I have a group of 3 (including myself), 2 are level 30 with no experience if that's okay. I'm already on your friends list I think you're Deku_Bleep or something correct?

I have 3, but the other two are not experienced, but level 30.

oh I just saw your posts and we posted at the same time... no worries. We will all find a group.

Mattiator

I never thought I would see the day I used strange coins to buy 150 heavy ammo packs. I also started using void walker and damn it's pretty fun.

Greenymac

Myself, Quell, and grimlock were looking to take down Crota at approx 8:30pm EST on the previous page if you want to join up. I might be five minutes late or so but I can try to be on time.

This works out perfect. I already have 3 ready to roll at 8. Mind if we merge our groups? All 31's on my end.

westtrade

Neo Member
Myself, Quell, and grimlock were looking to take down Crota at approx 8:30pm EST on the previous page if you want to join up. I might be five minutes late or so but I can try to be on time.

Greenymac, Lets join up with Deku Tree, Quell, and grimlock. Since we all know what to do, it should make the run go very fast.

raindoc

Played some Vanguard Roc (three man fireteam, no randoms joining or leaving)

Sepiks
Sepiks
Spongebob
Spongebob -> quit/restart
Sepiks
Spongebob -> fuck this

Fuck you, you shield popping bitch! imma catch you in the down low!

One guy actually sent me this in October. But it was a lot more explicit.

M4zEyxf.png

Deku Tree

This works out perfect. I already have 3 ready to roll at 8. Mind if we merge our groups? All 31's on my end.

Greenymac, Lets join up with Deku Tree, Quell, and grimlock. Since we all know what to do, it should make the run go very fast.

Me and Quell are 31's and I think grimlock is a 30. I am happy to do that. We know what to do.

Rockman also has a group of three. I guess we were trying to do this at exactly the same time. Sorry! I am happy to play with your group sometime too.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Those are my favorite grenades especially with void fang vestments. Bloom everyone.
I know, I was joking. I've been using Voidfang for a long time now (in the absense of HoPF) and I am well-versed in the Axiom Bolt :)

They're Second best PVP grenade after trip mines with Amhakara's Spine
While I was originally joking, I would say that the Sunsingers Solar grenades in conjunction with Sunbreaker gauntlets are better, especially for Control.

R0ckman

Me and Quell are 31's and I think gridlock is a 30. I am happy to do that. We know what to do.

Rockman also has a group of three. I guess we were trying to do this at exactly the same time. Sorry! I am happy to play with your group sometime too.

Eh, it's fine my friends don't care THAT much about doing the raid, I on the other hand really need to do it, I'm sure I can find a group later tonight.

They're Second best PVP grenade after trip mines with Amhakara's Spine

trip mine is definitely the best hunter grenade. i actually prefer the incendiary grenade because it can bounce off of floors and around walls, and the burn lets me track targets behind cover. trip mine is usually a OHK though and in competitive matches it's very important, so i switch if we're playing against a good team.

Greenymac

Me and Quell are 31's and I think gridlock is a 30. I am happy to do that. We know what to do.

Ok that works for 8:30. See you guys then. I think I already have most everyone added as well.

GhaleonEB

A few thoughts, now that the year is about over and we've seen what Bungie is doing in terms of supporting the base game, vs. what is included in paid expansions.

In general I think Bungie has done a good job updating Destiny's systems since ship, with some exceptions (I think we all know what those are). But it's clear at this point that most of their patches are going to focus on refining systems, rather than refining content, which is what I had hoped. There are several activities that seem like they could serve as pipelines for new content, but have so far been ignored.

First up, public events. They're a pretty great feature in the game, but one that by definition everyone is exposed to since they occur in public spaces. But since Destiny came out, Bungie has only updated the frequency with which they occur. No new events, or event locations, or change ups in the existing events. It will be unfortunate if the set that shipped with the game is all we ever see.

Likewise, patrols are pretty vanilla right now. The missions are simple, not leveled in any way to the player and only occur in certain areas. I thought we'd start to see new mission types, or locations, or activities added over time, but that does not appear to be on the roadmap. (It would be neat if the powerful target that spawned was actually powerful, or if neglected spaces like the Grotto on Earth were utilized in patrols.) They were okay as a starting point for Destiny, but is this really what we're going to be left with until Destiny 2 comes out?

Similarly, bounties. They're fun, basically the daily challenges I liked doing from the later Halo games. I thought we'd see new ones dropped into rotation after time, as a low-cost way to add some variety. Instead, the only new ones appeared at a new vendor, with new rep to grind, as part of the TDB. There are not that many regular bounties in rotation. Are there no plans to expand on them? Do we need new vendors every time a new set of bounties to add? I haven't begun to work on Eris' as I'm so annoyed at the thought of having yet another set of rep to grind.

What about the special events? There's one for PvP (Iron Banner) and one for PvE (Queen's Wrath). Is...that going to be all? What happened to the Queen's Wrath?

And so on. There are several other aspects of Destiny that feel pretty good for a start, but with clear room for improvement or refinement. (Enemy spawns in public spaces, behaviors like patrolling areas, remixing strikes, etc.) But so far, we've no indications that Bungie is going to really work on the base game content - only the expansions. This surprises me a great deal and will more than anything contribute to my getting burned out on the game sooner rather than later. I'd like to see Destiny as a whole improve, but that's going to require Bungie to update the shipping game's content and activities, not just the underlying progression and loot systems.

A few thoughts, now that the year is about over and we've seen what Bungie is doing in terms of supporting the base game, vs. what is included in paid expansions.

I agree so much, I was really hoping we would see new public events, patrols and more. Actual new content, but we never have and the little we did get was part of the expansion, and there was barely anything there.

I even had hope we would have new areas of the planets to do patrols in and such at least, but still nothing.

I love this game so much, but the content is stretched so thin.

If the story missions were on par with some of Halo's greatest levels I would grind and replay that shit forever. But there isn't ONE story mission or strike in Destiny that comes close to a Halo tier story mission.

Makes me think if Bungie is even capable of making a level like The Silent Cartographer and The Storm.

I agree so much, I was really hoping we would see new public events, patrols and more. Actual new content, but we never have and the little we did get was part of the expansion, and there was barely anything there.

I even had hope we would have new areas of the planets to do patrols in and such at least, but still nothing.

I love this game so much, but the content is stretched so thin.

If the story missions were on par with some of Halo's greatest levels I would grind and replay that shit forever. But there isn't ONE story mission or strike in Destiny that comes close to a Halo tier story mission.

Makes me think if Bungie is even capable of making a level like The Silent Cartographer and The Storm.
It's kind of like a parent buying a bunch of toys for their kid while the wife is still pregnant.

"Here's the toys I got you - play with them for three years and then I'll dump a new set of toys on the ground for years 3-6. If one of the toys breaks, I'll fix it, but if you end up not liking a toy or getting sick of a toy, too stinkin' bad."

I missed 1 day of bounties and I'm not even halfway through rank 2 now.

I have missed plenty of days, holidays are getting busy with my wife and kids and extended family as well.

I am on paid holidays starting today until January 12th, but so much of that time will be taken up by the holidays, dinners, etc.

I have learned to let it go and just go at my own pace. I don't care if people are 2 radiant shards away from level 32, my time will come and I need not fret.

Bizazedo

I know, I was joking. I've been using Voidfang for a long time now (in the absense of HoPF) and I am well-versed in the Axiom Bolt :)

While I was originally joking, I would say that the Sunsingers Solar grenades in conjunction with Sunbreaker gauntlets are better, especially for Control.

For Warlock, maybe.

For best in PvP, period? Might provoke an argument.

/cough Lightning Grenades /cough.

Top Bottom