• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Jinjo

Got my third Hawkmoon just now from an engram. First post-patch one! Sharded the one I hadn't touched yet, that one was due for the upgrade whenever Xur would have had it. Still have a fully upgraded 300 attack one. Probably gonna keep it.

Stantron

So I helped a level 27 and 28 get through Nightfall.
One gets a legendary primary, another gets 7 strange coins and I get 5 strange coins.
OK, 7 strange coins is bullshit to begin with, but why the fuck would the game give me even less? We all completed the same fucking mission. Almost half the amount for the weekly. So dumb.

E92 M3

it finally worked for me today but i didn't double up for most of it. not intentionally at least.

Ah, I've never done it. Either way, there is no rush with Eris. I'm sure by hard mode release I'll be good to go.

A couple weeks ago I think greeny and I were questioning what try hard means. Aren't you supposed to try hard?

It's a dumb insult that ignorant kids use.

JTran2003

One gets a legendary primary, another gets 7 strange coins and I get 5 strange coins.
OK, 7 strange coins is bullshit to begin with, but why the fuck would the game give me even less? We all completed the same fucking mission. Almost half the amount for the weekly. So dumb.

Its really broken. I hate it when that happens. Something I hope they fix soon for it makes no sense...

Frenden

Banned
Got an upgraded armamentarium and helm of inmost light out of engrams today.

My Titan is my least played class and had a piece of white armor equipped when I dropped those into his inventory. I now have almost all Titan exotics, however.

Time for the mark/rep grind and buying him some gear. I wanted to try my Ruin Wings anyhow.

Got Dragon's Breath during the Crota raid yesterday. Anyone else been using it, and if so, is it worth the grind to upgrade? I'm very particular with using exotics when I already have Icebreaker.

It looks so cool though.

Frenden

Banned
Got Dragon's Breath during the Crota raid yesterday. Anyone else been using it, and if so, is it worth the grind to upgrade? I'm very particular with using exotics when I already have Icebreaker.

It looks so cool though.

That's the rub. Icebreaker is so great I never get to use any other exotics.

Hawkmoon catches dust, Patience and Time never sees the light of day, and Super Good Advice is super totally shelved.

Maybe if I had Ballerhorn. Sigh.

Coconut

Banned

Well let me tell you about how random drops work. They randomly drop rewards regardless of anything.

Deku Tree

EST as well

Ok great. If I don't respond to one of your posts please send me a PM or a PSN message. Actually I am usually unable to respond to PSN messages on weekends because the system is so horrible so just send me a PM. This thread moves really fast and I can't always follow it.

SkylineRKR

Guess someone figured out how to easily duplicate the crota cheese bug, hope they fix it soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zeBEELo8Gc

Yes it works, we did it yesterday on PS4. Which was my first cheese kill on him. But weird strategy there. The Ogres come because they take it too slow. They can damage the Sword Bearer way sooner (he will lag regen at first, but after 20 seconds or so he can die). If you quickly put him down with your team you won't have Ogres. You can also take down the boomers by standing outside the lower entrance, one sniper against the left wall and one on the other side, aiming upwards to cap them.

For the Ogres its a bit odd that they place the shield in front of the entrance. Just place it in the back of the room, near the wall so that the sides of the wall elevate you and your ADS just above the shield and the Ogres can NEVER hit you.

kidko

Honestly, I'd rather get 5 coins than the lame fusion rifle i got.

Yes it works, we did it yesterday. Which was my first cheese kill on him. But weird strategy there. The Ogres come because they take it too slow. They can damage the Sword Bearer way sooner (he will lag regen at first, but after 20 seconds or so he can die). If you quickly put him down with your team you won't have Ogres. You can also take down the boomers by standing outside the lower entrance, one sniper against the left wall and one on the other side, aiming upwards to cap them.

For the Ogres its a bit odd that they place the shield in front of the entrance. Just place it in the back of the room, near the wall so that the sides of the wall elevate you and your ADS just above the shield and the Ogres can NEVER hit you.

Hmm this is interesting. Honestly taking him down doesn't take that long with a bunch of 31 but I am impressed that cheese methods are being found. I wonder if you can do this with less than 6 people.

CLBridges

Not bad Xur, not bad. Upgraded my Heart of Praxic Fire and bought the new Warlock gauntlets. I'm probably gonna just buy the upgraded Thorn just to bypass the crucible part. And, thankfully heavy ammo synths were sold, stocked up on those.

Muz

Neo Member
Got a checkpoint at crota and need 4 more. Don't have a lot of time so need some experienced cheesers! ;) Happy to run legit too but will need some advice as it's our first run

Ready to launch when we are full

1. Muz (psn: thekunjer) titan lvl 31
2. Muz's bro (psn: khurrumc) hunter lvl 31

I agree so much, I was really hoping we would see new public events, patrols and more. Actual new content, but we never have and the little we did get was part of the expansion, and there was barely anything there.

I even had hope we would have new areas of the planets to do patrols in and such at least, but still nothing.

I love this game so much, but the content is stretched so thin.

If the story missions were on par with some of Halo's greatest levels I would grind and replay that shit forever. But there isn't ONE story mission or strike in Destiny that comes close to a Halo tier story mission.

Makes me think if Bungie is even capable of making a level like The Silent Cartographer and The Storm.

What it boils down to with all these changes designed to slow player progress is that Bungie doesn't have much faith in their game. They think if we get all the loot we want we'll stop playing. Which is a bizarre attitude for a company that made campaigns that I played over and over and over for no loot, no XP and for several of the games, not even modifiers or scoring.

I can play "The Ark" or "Tsavo Highway" or all of Halo 3 (save Cortana) over and over for no reward other than just the fun of playing. But I sure as hell am getting sick of "We've Woken The Hive" or strikes with bullet sponge bosses with 0 mechanics.

SkylineRKR

Hmm this is interesting. Honestly taking him down doesn't take that long with a bunch of 31 but I am impressed that cheese methods are being found. I wonder if you can do this with less than 6 people.

Ofcourse you can. We did it with 5 or technically 4 (as there was one level 27) because the Host had beaten him 3 times this week already and just stayed in party chat to troll us. You need only one level 31 who carries the Sword and another who can deliver high DPS on Crota and the SB. With a Titan Shield you can easily take down Ogres with 2 if you for whatever reason made them spawn after one sword run already.

A level 32 should be able to solo this (well they did, legit, and it didn't look that impossibly hard tbh.. drop sword, fire 2, pick up sword. In fact you don't even have to worry about others because you shoot him yourself and you see him go down yourself). I could get him at 20% health during one sword run in the glitch method. Level 32 kills him within one go 100%.

What it boils down to with all these changes designed to slow player progress is that Bungie doesn't have much faith in their game. They think if we get all the loot we want we'll stop playing. Which is a bizarre attitude for a company that made campaigns that I played over and over and over for no loot, no XP and for several of the games, not even modifiers or scoring.

I can play "The Ark" or "Tsavo Highway" or all of Halo 3 (save Cortana) over and over for no reward other than just the fun of playing. But I sure as hell am getting sick of "We've Woken The Hive" or strikes with bullet sponge bosses with 0 mechanics.

So very true, I feel that it is because they know the content is so thin and unexciting that the grind and gating is there so the loot becomes the main focus.

Anybody wants to do the gllimmer run some time today? All those upgrades ate up everything.

I'd be up for it again tonight sometime. I only bought one Exotic upgrade but after upgrading bubbles on the gear I have... broke again. I do have 10k of beads in the vault but I'll hold onto those.

bucyou55

Banned
I wish it didn't look so silly; it's really fun watching Knights cover up their faces and walk around aimlessly after being in the bubble :p

haha yeah, i always have randoms in strikes asking me wot helmet it is, they get amazed when i pop a blinding bubble at a chokepoint and thrall walk around aimlessly

Stantron

Well let me tell you about how random drops work. They randomly drop rewards regardless of anything.

The fact that there are a different number of potential drops of the same item (strange coin) is what I think is broken. The fact that Nightfall, which is more difficult than the Heroic Weekly, even has less than 9 strange coins in it's loot pool is what I think is broken. I'm not complaining about the randomness.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Still looking for a couple...Quoting for new page.

I'll join on my Titan

Greenymac's Friday Night Boozefest with special guest Crota 8:30 PM eastern time

1. Drunken Master Green- 31 hunter.
2. Tysonbane- 31 hunter
3. Westtrade-
4. GraveRobberX

Looking for 3 more. Id like to try and run the sword at the end or at least give it a turn or two. Please quote and add yourself.

Top Bottom