• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

realcZk

In fact some underdogs shine during this Raid. First there are the Hunters and especially the useless for PvE Bladedancer. Then there is the Agility perk.

MIDA is excellent for this Raid. Monte Carlo gives you instant Blink Strikes if things get hairy. Red Death gives shield back.

man MIDA is so good since the buff... that stagger
and i love it with the hunter, that agility boost is insane

SkylineRKR

Stole this from GameFAQS:

Now that I have maxed out a couple of new weapons, I was able to compare them side-by-side and see what the actual damage difference is between 300 and 331 with identical weapons (or at least identical class/impact)
These numbers were tested using a level 30 character against Cabal enemies at various levels (Black Garden mission at Giants Pass).

Results:
Badger Scout Rifle - 331 attack
Against level 22-30 enemies damage is 408 body, 873 precision
A1F Scout Rifle - 300 attack
Against level 22-30 enemies damage is 356 body, 763 precision

Patience and Time - 331 attack
Against level 22-30 enemies damage is 1232 body, 4400 precision
Patience and Time - 300 attack
Against level 22-30 enemies damage is 1077 body, 3843 precision

At level 20 and lower, the game begins scaling attack values and both sets of weapons do identical damage.
The numbers consistently calculate to be 14.5% more damage with 331 at level 22 and higher. I also checked damage against level 31 enemies in the raid and it is a consistent 14.5% higher as well.

Sullichin

I want my movement speed perk back on MIDA :( It's so discouraging losing the perks, but I do like that XP from kills with my new exotics are actually getting put to good use again.

Have you guys ever been in a raid group where a guy decides to take lead but he clearly has no idea what the hell he's doing? It just happened to me. The guy wasn't a prick or anything but he was just acting like he knew everything about VOG. Constantly saying hes got a section by himself whilst constantly dying.

No, Guardians makes their fate is not what flashes on the screen when you're about to get teleported.

Ignoring the oracles while trying to kill the Templar isn't that great of an idea.

All in all it took us 2 freaking hours to get to Atheon and still didn't beat him. Should've taken us 45 mins max if that. The only reason I didn't leave is 3 people had never tried the raid and they seemed to be having fun so I just stayed till Atheon.

xCobalt

I hear people talking about farming glimmer in the Exclusion Zone mission. Don't know too much about it. Any details on how to do this efficiently? Is this the preferred method?

rNilla

I still need to do one CE raid and two Weeklies. Luckily I have nothing but time this weekend as I'm all alone starting tomorrow.

Sullichin

I hear people talking about farming glimmer in the Exclusion Zone mission. Don't know too much about it. Any details on how to do this efficiently? Is this the preferred method?
Farming gatekeepers checkpoint in VOG is faster, but Exclusion Zone is good. Pop a resupply code after Dinklage mentions he doesn't need an access key. kill the first wave, kill all the yellow Cabal, loot, let the last regular Cabal kill you, repeat

SkylineRKR

Pop a Resupply code and go ham but leave one yellow bar alive and suicide (not sure if killing all yellows doesn't trigger the checkpoint). Hope for network keys drops.

Others do the Woken the hive method, killing everything but the Knight. Using Black Wax.

The best method however is the Gatekeepers in VoG Normal. But that requires a team I think.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This game really demoralizes you
Putting so much time teaching people the last boss and getting the win and netting yourself only 3 radiant shards...

Game is starting to get to me, took 3+ days off, this game does have it's highs, but it's lows really piss you the fuck off
take a longer break, I think.

I understand there are things that are damn annoying but actually there's nothing worth getting pissed the fuck off over, let alone a single boss loot roll :-/
I used to do all bounties on all characters every day even if I had nothing to level.
holy crap! I don't think I've ever done every bounty for the day on more than one character, let alone all of them.

Definitely just do what is fun for you even if that means only logging on a couple times a month to do something with friends.

I know it's a frustrating conundrum but if everyone stopped playing, Bungie would feel more compelled to make wholesale changes to the existing content.
I want my movement speed perk back on MIDA :( It's so discouraging losing the perks, but I do like that XP from kills with my new exotics are actually getting put to good use again.
Other side of the coin, I haven't put a bubble worth of XP into mine yet, so psyched to upgrade it.

Got a new ship from IB. Also another solar FR. But it's pretty worthless since Murmur has took the spot for both Solar and Arc. I'm not even bothered about getting the new Plan C upgrade. I just won't use it now.

I've got about 9 goto weapons.

Suros
Vex
Vision of Confluence
Gjallahorn
Murmur
Patience & Time
Icebreaker
Jolders Hammer
Song of Ir Yut

Pretty much covers most basis. Everything else is practically dead wood.

rNilla

Pop a Resupply code and go ham but leave one yellow bar alive and suicide. Hope for network keys drops.

Kill all yellow bars and leave at least one Phalanx alive from the second wave. Try to get them to bash you into a rock or take down your health a bit and then grenade suicide.

Turn on the Heroic modifier before you do the mission and then pop the item that gives you more glimmer from cabal. During the first fight you will see 8 yellow bar cabal jump out of the second ship. They are the money. Make sure you keep at least one red bar enemy alive otherwise you may checkpoint after you kill everyone. But yeah just kill yourself and repeat the process.

Or do the gatekeepers section in vault of glass.

Coconut

Banned
The fact that there are a different number of potential drops of the same item (strange coin) is what I think is broken. The fact that Nightfall, which is more difficult than the Heroic Weekly, even has less than 9 strange coins in it's loot pool is what I think is broken. I'm not complaining about the randomness.

And sometimes you just get an engram that breaks down into a worthless blue item.

I personally will always take any amount of coins over anything that isn't purple and above.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dave I'm heading home in a minute, if you want to do a run on Hard up through Templar I have a couple of hours
And sometimes you just get an engram that breaks down into a worthless blue item.

I personally will always take coins over anything that isn't purple and above.
Purple engrams cannot become blues anymore. That said, Legendary Engrams should be removed from Nightfall loot tables and ascendant materials should be removed from Legendary Engram loot tables. alas.

joecanada

A couple weeks ago I think greeny and I were questioning what try hard means. Aren't you supposed to try hard?

Online gaming is strange sometimes. I was in a clan for a bit in BF3 and I was getting pretty good, anyway these dudes would alternate smashing other teams and then spending hours trying to suicide bomb other teams, troll, teamkill, for fun.
It was alot of fun they even made me an admin for a while the entry question was
" will you get mad with power as admin "
And of course the correct answer was yes.

Later I would get banned repeatedly for being a tryhard (their banned list literally filled every other hour) but they all kept me on their friends list and still invite me to play all the time.

They probably have a YouTube channel, the leader was kennymcalpin... Strange dudes but there you go...

take a longer break, I think.

I understand there are things that are damn annoying but actually there's nothing worth getting pissed the fuck off over, let alone a single boss loot roll :-/

holy crap! I don't think I've ever done every bounty for the day on more than one character, let alone all of them.

Definitely just do what is fun for you even if that means only logging on a couple times a month to do something with friends.

I know it's a frustrating conundrum but if everyone stopped playing, Bungie would feel more compelled to make wholesale changes to the existing content.

Other side of the coin, I haven't put a bubble worth of XP into mine yet, so psyched to upgrade it.

Yes I do just that. Do whatever is fun for me. No longer have an obsession with getting every weapon (have all exotics from vanilla game) but my point was that I'm losing interest and it's going downhill. Doesn't matter for me cause I can spend my time doing something else but if Bungie wants to keep me interested they need to change some things

Dave I'm heading home in a minute, if you want to do a run on Hard up through Templar I have a couple of hours

Purple engrams cannot become blues anymore. That said, Legendary Engrams should be removed from Nightfall loot tables and ascendant materials should be removed from Legendary Engram loot tables. alas.

Maybe remove strange coins from nightfall while they're at it. Afterall they are "rare" quality items I believe

Coconut

Banned

Yeah well you need to get purple engrams for that to matter for someone. I think ascendant materials should be removed from purps as well.

E92 M3

Crota has only been killed 769 times...Jeez that really puts a perspective on what kind outlier we are in the grand scheme of things. My goodness.

desert.jpg

kuppy

Gotta love the cryptarch.
So my titan hasn't reached level 3 vanguard repetition yet, therefore I'm still missing legendary gauntlets for that character. But then I had finally found another legendary gauntlets engram, my hopes were so high, and then it turns into energy, god damit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

2 of 769. I like this feeling.
Atheon-and-on-and-on group is trying to set a HM VoG run up for 9pm Eastern/8 Central...
Yeah, I can't make that :(
Crota has only been killed 769 times...Jeez that really puts a perspective on what kind outlier we are in the grand scheme of things. My goodness.
Yes. I am really glad they voiced that statistic and I hope it's the kind of thing we can keep in mind.

joecanada

Honestly I see now that the swordbearer is the guy....

Two times I did it within 6 minutes never even touched the chalice.

Then last night did it with my regular VoG group and a 31 who stated he was " balling " at sword duty.

He proceeded to die at least 15 times straight each time going in too soon... So I have to ask from that position, what can you see and how many cuts can you get in? 3 it appears, any other sword hints are welcomed because I'm going to become a swordbearer for hire.

Go back like 20 pages people were literally laughing at me in the thread because i called it junk.
I didn't know it could turn exotic at the time but still who would waste an Exotic slot on this.

Yeah I called it too lol after the AR Nerf low impact AR's are not very effective. Don't think it'll get much better once it's an exotic either. The cursed thrawl explosion sounds interesting but I don't think it's guarabteed every time. If only we could upgrade fatebringer to 331...

EL CUCO

-Atheon has been shattered 2.4 Million times

-At least a dozen of those kills were without cheese
Ok, I laughed.
-Crota has been Ended 769 times, and rapidly counting

-But only once by a Fireteam of one (step it up, everyone else)

Word. They even linked to the vid. Props to Bungie for understanding this awesome achievement.

joecanada

Yeah I called it too lol after the AR Nerf low impact AR's are not very effective. Don't think it'll get much better once it's an exotic either. The cursed thrawl explosion sounds interesting but I don't think it's guarabteed every time. If only we could upgrade fatebringer to 331...

Solution - I'm upgrading my Monte Carlo tonight. Don't buy the hype it wrecks in PvE, add high caliber and it can perma stun low level dudes.
Of course a nice handcannon is always better

Should we be expecting a new Destiny thread soon?

Solution - I'm upgrading my Monte Carlo tonight. Don't buy the hype it wrecks in PvE, add high caliber and it can perma stun low level dudes.
Of course a nice handcannon is always better

I have a Monte Carlo but I'm debating paying Xur to upgrade it, I'm hearing that it is create to get instant Blink Strike for hunters though.

Top Bottom