• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Frenden

Banned
Solution - I'm upgrading my Monte Carlo tonight. Don't buy the hype it wrecks in PvE, add high caliber and it can perma stun low level dudes.
Of course a nice handcannon is always better

Monte Carlo is not the lowest impact, highest RoF AR like Atheon's Epilogue and Dr. Nope. It has slightly more impact and slightly less RoF.

Stats wise, the new Vanguard Up for Anything and Monte Carlo are actually suped up Shingen class ARs. Same RoF/impact. And everyone loves those!

I got an Up for Anything with a great perk roll and it's been fine for PvE. It'll have to do until I get a legendary hand cannon that doesn't suck.

rNilla

4/769.

Huge dropoff? Lots of trouble with Crota? Both? A lot of really good games did come out this fall (or so I've read...).

joecanada

Got a new ship from IB. Also another solar FR. But it's pretty worthless since Murmur has took the spot for both Solar and Arc. I'm not even bothered about getting the new Plan C upgrade. I just won't use it now.

I've got about 9 goto weapons.

Suros
Vex
Vision of Confluence
Gjallahorn
Murmur
Patience & Time
Icebreaker
Jolders Hammer
Song of Ir Yut

Pretty much covers most basis. Everything else is practically dead wood.

Despite limited content, this is proof the game does have great shooting mechanics... The only thing I agree with there is of course gjallarhorn and ib... My list

Red hand
Thorn
For the people - bc new
Plan C
Pradyths revenge
New machine gun - forgot name
Actually Murmur is good

E92 M3

Honestly I see now that the swordbearer is the guy....

Two times I did it within 6 minutes never even touched the chalice.

Then last night did it with my regular VoG group and a 31 who stated he was " balling " at sword duty.

He proceeded to die at least 15 times straight each time going in too soon... So I have to ask from that position, what can you see and how many cuts can you get in? 3 it appears, any other sword hints are welcomed because I'm going to become a swordbearer for hire.

The best combo is RB RB RT and the other factors are dependent on Crota being downed consistently. Practice is also very important.

500 hours in and I have not joined a faction, am I missing out on anything?

A Dead Orbit shader. I never joined any factions either.

joecanada

Monte Carlo is not the lowest impact, highest RoF AR like Atheon's Epilogue and Dr. Nope. It has slightly more impact and slightly less RoF.

Stats wise, the new Vanguard Up for Anything and Monte Carlo are actually suped up Shingen class ARs. Same RoF/impact. And everyone loves those!

I got an Up for Anything with a great perk roll and it's been fine for PvE. It'll have to do until I get a legendary hand cannon that doesn't suck.

Ya for sure I didn't mean Monte Carlo was in that category like hardlight but just that it's fun, looks badass and works pretty good

Dante316

Lol why are people saying number is too low. Its been just a week. Compared to 3 months of atheon. Plus this is a much harder fight, this relies on one person not fucking up and others doing DPS consistently.

Coconut

Banned
Lol why are people saying number is too low. Its been just a week. Compared to 3 months of atheon. Plus this is a much harder fight, this relies on one person not fucking up and others doing DPS consistently.

The number would be much higher if the weapon resets didn't take place just before release.

FyreWulff

Atheon kill rate is 26,881 per day

it'd be more interesting to see the day-to-day amounts and how many times he was sent over the edge when he was still super cheesable

3 of those are us! :p

VQeomy9.gif

ManCannon

3/4 of the way to IB rank 4... and I have no idea why I'm grinding it. :0 rewards seem meh - shame there aren't pvp specific item bonuses (I.e. Capture control zones slightly faster)

I'll bitch again - sure would be nice if I could play on the new maps...

Coconut

Banned
Yep, Bungie screwed themselves. Only the most hardcore players like us have gone into new raid.

Next week once everyone's ghorns and iceBs are back to normal the numbers will bounce back up. The DOSing of Crota is difficult only because of the reset and I think it was all done purposefully to keep that grind going.

With the size of the player base it is very low. Especially with so many try hard that are already level 32 with numerous clears.

HANG ON! Is that Hunter .gif they used one that was created for GAF?! Frabjous is not a word you hear very often...

.gif in question:

Who was the culprit for this again?

afaik that did come from a Gaffer. Though it was so many threads ago, I couldn't even venture a guess who made it.

So was just jumping up top during bridge part of CE and I slipped and fell, almost killed me.

Though it had the effect of despawning all enemies and letting me just snipe the ones across the bridge.

So, new cheese method for the platforming challenged.

Top Bottom