• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

ManCannon

I swear I keep doing a double take over this scout rifle that dropped in IB - keep reading it as "Ghaleons Demise" :) (its Gheleons - close enough, surely a tribute :)

Love my AOS#CRYPTID cloak.

8a9c5bb198455f03fd280a8014b47e0267b49238.jpg__620x348_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

I wish the Hood of the Spawn from Eris wasnt always red and changed with shaders.

One of the better cloaks in the game. Did you get it through a drop or did you purchase it?

Deku Tree

That update is an insulting fucking joke. Their damn raid content remains wildly bugged and cheese able, and yet they don't even refer to it. How can a game with over 500 developers provide *less* of a service than a freaking free to play game?

The raid was the one decent part of content in the expansion, and it's a badly designed, buggable and exploitable waste of time. World of Warcraft is a supremely more complicated game than this, and yet fixes bugs like this within hours when they are identified - what's Bungies excuse?

WoW is like a decade old and Destiny is three months old. WoW has a paid subscription and Destiny doesn't. It's easier to patch a PC game. Putting out a patch on four consoles that require certification takes time. If you don't like cheese and exploits then don't play that way.

Maledict

Under 800 Crota clears? That can't be right. This community has probably participated in at least 10% of that figure which seems insane.

Are people having that hard a time? Or did player base collapse at an unimaginably dramatic rate?

The sad thing is a large number of those will be using the router and / or warlock rezz exploit anyways. Out of everyone I know whose killed him, the vast majority of those kills are through cheating.

World of Warcraft is a supremely more complicated game than this, and yet fixes bugs like this within hours when they are identified - what's Bungies excuse?

Not that this is an excuse, but the patch process for consoles is generally longer because console manufacturers need to review and approve each patch, so it's not quite the same.

Jinjo

That update is an insulting fucking joke. Their damn raid content remains wildly bugged and cheese able, and yet they don't even refer to it. How can a game with over 500 developers provide *less* of a service than a freaking free to play game?

The raid was the one decent part of content in the expansion, and it's a badly designed, buggable and exploitable waste of time. World of Warcraft is a supremely more complicated game than this, and yet fixes bugs like this within hours when they are identified - what's Bungies excuse?

It's christmas dude. Nothing was gonna get updated, people are out having lives. Just don't use the exploits. Badly designed, while I agree to an extent, isn't magically going to change in a patch, the raid is not going to get an overhaul in its gameplay mechanics.

Also, speaking about the Crota number. Bungie please tell me, I wanna know if I'm WORLD'S FOURHUNDREDANDEIGHTYSECOND.

Still think the whole notion of world first-second-to-tenth is dumb.

Atleast they gave TheLegendHimself a shoutout.

This whole time I've had Husk of the Pit and didn't know it could end up as an exotic in the future lol. I almost broke the thing down, if it wasn't for it looking cool and shooting green shots. So I just vaulted it just because. Now I know.

Maledict

WoW is like a decade old and Destiny is three months old. It's easier to patch a PC game. Putting out a patch on four consoles that require certification takes time. If you don't like cheese and exploits then don't play that way.

It is absolutely, *absolutel* easier to patch 4 consoles than hotfox a game like world of Warcraft which runs on a billion different configurations and setups that any patch could mess up. Yes, pushing the patch can be harder due to certification etc. But there is a workaround - just do what every other games company on the planet does when these sort of things happen and want folks not to do it whilst it's resolved?

And my problem is I like the people I play with. We have good fun and they are good guys - I cannot blame them when it's 10 on a Friday night (because it's taken us an hour to get a group because there's utterly no social tools in the game) and they don't want to spend the next three hours learning and killing the fight when you can just cheat and get it done. And it's not just them - seriously the vast majority of kills seem to be using some exploit or another over the last few days. People will take the easy option if it's available, that's why games companies have to actually *do* something when it happens rather than completely ignore it and put out a bullshit post full of meaningless numbers.

I'm not going to blame the player base when it's entirely on bungie that this fiasco has happened - *again*.

Any VoG HM going on? Saw hawk was looking to form a group later on tonight or something.
Edit : all my crota kills has been legit. So that's 8 legit kills :p might cheese the bridge once or twice just to save time

Anyone down for either normal or hard vault of glass tonight? I'm low on shards...PS4 by the way.

I have 3 ready around 9pm central time, so looking for 3 more. Reply on here if interested, or preferably PM me or PSN me at Leonidas2123

Is it slowly becoming standard practice to run CE on your main, transfer Crota cp to alts, then finish Crota on all toons and just rerun first half on alts to avoid Death singer since no loot drop?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is it slowly becoming standard practice to run CE on your main, transfer Crota cp to alts, then finish Crota on all toons and just rerun first half on alts to avoid Death singer since no loot drop?
there's nothing slow about it, tons of people were already doing so by the end of the first cycle. but I have no real desire to do that, nor to cheese the encounter

I wonder what the kill count was on wednesday night :(

One of the better cloaks in the game. Did you get it through a drop or did you purchase it?

Pretty sure the #Cryptid was a drop. Only time i've removed it was to put on the New Monarchy one (and recently the ugly burlap sack Eris one).

Thinking about buying the Hood of the Spawn from Eris one when I level her up tho...just to change it up some. Would be perfect with Chatterwhite for X-Mas time.

Top Bottom