• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Probably pulled from the previous Thursday or Friday.

Yeah, that would be my guess too, before a lot of people had made the grind to 31.

I got the fusion rifle from crota and the raid chest on my titan. That was actually the first time I did anything besides crota in the raid (except for trying to solo the first part).

Ha, really? The first two chests and two loot drops can be done in like... 15 minutes? Fun phases too. I really want that fusion rifle next week...

Anyone doing CE fresh or VoG hard right now?

I'd do hard VoG just for hard gorgon CP and double exotic chances. (Edit: speaking of which, does anyone still have normal gorgon CP?)

kuppy

Just for some insight into the mind of the younger Destiny audience... My kids are playing some roc strikes, and started fighting the undying mind. They were totally blown away and kept telling me how awesome he is. Yep, 3 orange shields are way cooler than one blue shield.
That's adorable.
I'm not too sure about that strike, obviously it's nice right now, since I haven't yet played it dozen of times, but it seems to be structured quite oddly. Don't know maybe Bungie just threw this one together quickly.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Ha, really? The first two chests and two loot drops can be done in like... 15 minutes? Fun phases too. I really want that fusion rifle next week...

Yeah, usually when I'd be looking to do the raid it was just people posting with the crota checkpoint.

coy

Yeah, that would be my guess too, before a lot of people had made the grind to 31.

I'd do hard VoG just for hard gorgon CP and double exotic chances. (Edit: speaking of which, does anyone still have normal gorgon CP?)

I still have it. I can hop on my Hunter for it. If anyone else wants it, feel free to add/join coyquettish on PSN. Am eating dinner atm.

That was quick. Wish I could have stuck around.

Yeah, no worries, I'll be on anytime tonight if you are around we can bust it out real quick.

Yeah, usually when I'd be looking to do the raid it was just people posting with the crota checkpoint.

Ah, that makes sense. It has to be the biggest bottleneck CP in the game yet. Hard Atheon pre-hotfix will probably always hold the title of "most slavishly requested CP," haha.

I still have it. I can hop on my Hunter for it. If anyone else wants it, feel free to add/join coyquettish on PSN. Am eating dinner atm.

Perfect, thanks man. Joining now, then I'll kiss a Gorgon to make sure I keep it. Not sure how I lost it from all 3 characters to begin with, ha.

jadedm17

What are the best weapons you can buy from the vendors, preferably Vanguard?
I love my Lord High a Fixer hand cannon but it's dated now, and I wouldn't mind range like a scout rifle.
Another rocket launcher too really. Enough exotics, I need more legendaries. Thanks in advance.

Just for some insight into the mind of the younger Destiny audience... My kids are playing some roc strikes, and started fighting the undying mind. They were totally blown away and kept telling me how awesome he is. Yep, 3 orange shields are way cooler than one blue shield.

What are you teaching them? They aren't supposed to have fun. They need to be far more cynical and jaded to have any future playing games. You have your work cut out for you. :p

Sorry to everyone that couldn't jump in on the fresh Crota thru bridge chest run. I know there are more people who want to do it and more people who want to kill Crota also so there should be plenty of people to join up.

Yeah, sorry dude, vibrations had already posted earlier about it. Do you still need the loot drops for the week? Lots of people still want to run it, just let me know if you need a 6th. First two phases + chests take no time at all, hah.
Nah just helping out. Anyone want to do VoG hard with me and auto_aim?

GhaleonEB

My daughter just got her first exotic, Bad Juju, at the same time she leveled her exotic helm (symbiote thingy), and hit level 28. She's ecstatic.

To what extent should I temper her joy, re: Bad Juju? At least it's the new, beefier exotic...

really annoying bug where you'll get stuck on the sync plate in vault of glass if you do an attack with the relic on it.

but like the dozen other bugs it'll probably never be patched

My daughter just got her first exotic, Bad Juju, at the same time she leveled her exotic helm (symbiote thingy), and hit level 28. She's ecstatic.

To what extent should I temper her joy, re: Bad Juju? At least it's the new, beefier exotic...

It isn't the most powerful gun, but with its unique perks you can theoretically never have to reload if you can consistently pull off precision kills. No reason to damper the fun, she should like it well enough.

It's pretty badass. It charges your super with every kill + reloads the mag. So basically, you get supers much more often and almost never need to reload. With GG + Achylophage Symbiote it'll make a really great crowd control setup.

GhaleonEB

It isn't the most powerful gun, but with its unique perks you can theoretically never have to reload if you can consistently pull off precision kills. No reason to damper the fun, she should like it well enough.

It's pretty badass. It charges your super with every kill + reloads the mag. So basically, you get supers much more often and almost never need to reload. With GG + Achylophage Symbiote it'll make a really great crowd control setup.

Cool. She's running a strike to get used to it. Now that's she's got it and hit level 28, she's hoping to run the raid with a DestinyGAF group after we get back from our Christmas trip.

My daughter officially has better gear than I do. No exotics yet. :\

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

It's actually pretty darn solid now. Awesome perk.

X-Frame

Cool. She's running a strike to get used to it. Now that's she's got it and hit level 28, she's hoping to run the raid with a DestinyGAF group after we get back from our Christmas trip.

My daughter officially has better gear than I do. No exotics yet. :\

I can't wait to either get the Bad Juju exotic bounty again, or Xur sell the upgrade. I haven't had a chance to test out it's signature perk since it's always sat in the vault for me, but since it's buff I would say it's definitely a good and fun primary exotic. Hope she has fun with it!

Top Bottom