• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Agent

I just had quite the turn of events. I bought Ruin Wings for my Titan (the regret for not buying them last week was real), but I needed a new legendary chest to get back to 31 (usually use The Armamentarium). I was doing ROC playlist to get Vanguard marks and decided to turn in my engrams. Cryptarch leveled up and below is what happened.

1LK34wG.jpg

9FxX18R.jpg

Thank you based Cryptarch.

From listening to FM 1337 Raidin' Radio, I could tell you were doing well. Running sword is very detail oriented, just gotta get more reps in with it... and also find a team where you don't need to carry the fuck out of one of my buddie's friends who showed up to Crota with a blue sniper and blue RL. Just finished him off now but definitely took longer than it should, ha.
LOL didnt know he was using blue weapons. We could have gotten him that one last time I ran it, but that rock screwed up my jump up and I couldnt get to him in time. Think next time I attempt it, Crota will be slice up!

LOL didnt know he was using blue weapons. We could have gotten him that one last time I ran it, but that rock screwed up my jump up and I couldnt get to him in time. Think next time I attempt it, Crota will be slice up!

Yeah, after so many Crota runs I've gotten in the habit of inspecting each team membere's load-out so we can allocate resources properly. He eventually switched to unleveled Murmur and SGA.... which was kinda better I guess.

I really do enjoy helping people beat it... but 20 Crota clears and I'm so painfully bored by the encounter (
123 VoG clears, still fun
). I need to make some tutorials or something just so more people can start pulling sword duty. /end daily CE rant

raindoc

I just had quite the turn of events. I bought Ruin Wings for my Titan (the regret for not buying them last week was real), but I needed a new legendary chest to get back to 31 (usually use The Armamentarium). I was doing ROC playlist to get Vanguard marks and decided to turn in my engrams. Cryptarch leveled up and below is what happened.

1LK34wG.jpg

9FxX18R.jpg

ban him.

rNilla

Yeah, after so many Crota runs I've gotten in the habit of inspecting each team membere's load-out so we can allocate resources properly. He eventually switched to unleveled Murmur and SGA.... which was kinda better I guess.

I really do enjoy helping people beat it... but 20 Crota clears and I'm so painfully bored by the encounter (
123 VoG clears, still fun
). I need to make some tutorials or something just so more people can start pulling sword duty. /end daily CE rant
I'd really like to know what people are thinking when they bring unleveled or blue weapons into a new raid or Hard VoG. Maybe it's simply that they aren't thinking or maybe they just really want to try the raid when they aren't ready yet. I realize most people don't have unlimited time to acquire good weapons and level them up instantly but still...

deafmedal

*pics of awesome drops*

Fuckin sweet, Raul trying to get on Santa's nice list 8)
Thank you based Xur. 80 ammo packs in the vault. (◡‿◡✿)

I was freaking out when I got down to ~80 packs last week, lol! I try and keep 40-60 per character and a few 20 packs in the vault... I may have a problem 0_o

Will buy more before he leaves :mad: Ain't nobody gonna hear me say I'm outta heavy... only cool down ain't up yet :p

I got the DLC Scout Rifle B-Line Trauma from an engram last night.

Haven't used it yet, but looks like Vision of Confluence stats and the stat rolls are....

Precision kills cause target to explode
One bullet in chamber causes considerably more damage.

Hot dawgy

Namikaze1

Thank you based Xur. 80 ammo packs in the vault. (◡‿◡✿)
Who needs heavy ammo packs when you got Ruin Wings!

Hunters and Warlocks will never know what's it like seeing a purple colored battlefield! Hmph!

I have 140 for my Hunter. GET ON MY LEVEL!

Edit: Ya'll are heavy synth amateurs. I used ~220 last week doing CE and bought another 250 yesterday. Not even Ruin Wings can save me.

I'd really like to know what people are thinking when they bring unleveled or blue weapons into a new raid or Hard VoG. Maybe it's simply that they aren't thinking or maybe they just really want to try the raid when they aren't ready yet. I realize most people don't have unlimited time to acquire good weapons and level them up instantly but still...

In his defense, we threw him into the deep end: he had never even done VoG before. He was Lv29 and ran fresh CE thru bridge chest... then I thought he was going to drop out. But iRawr had to leave and I kinda felt bad kicking him out when I hopped in to run sword. We still got the kill, but I honestly don't think he knew any better. We tried to help as much as we could, ha. He at least had a good attitude about wanting to improve, which is all I ask.

Namikaze1

Edit: Ya'll are heavy synth amateurs. I used ~220 last week doing CE and bought another 250 yesterday. Not even Ruin Wings can save me.
I don't know man, them Hive have been very generous to me in the raid. Purples everywhere. Didn't need to use a synthesis except for that one time where the team needed to take Crota down one more time. I didn't realized I had 4 rockets left, more than enough to bring Crota down, and used a heavy to get 1 measly rocket. I only realized this after watching my video.

matmanx1

Fuck the Titan shoulder charge, its so ridicously op. Why doesnt Bungie just give me the option to drop my weapon, cause whenever a Titan striker comes running towards me, there's Nothing I can do.

As someone who mains a Titan I can tell you that I die trying to pull off a shoulder charge as often as I kill someone with it. You probably just experienced crappy netcode. It's easiest to pull off if you hit someone from behind (obviously) but if they see you coming one shotgun blast or fr burst will kill you well before you reach them.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Ruin Wings is very inconsistent, sometimes I rarely find heavy ammo. Does the bonus apply to your entire fireteam or just you?

SkylineRKR

Just these few hours I played I got about 4 strange coins, like Motes they seem to drop more often. I mostly waste them on Heavy ammo. I have all primaries he can potentially sell, so 17 in reserve is enough (got 2 chars, so 18 a week guaranteed).

I don't know man, them Hive have been very generous to me in the raid. Purples everywhere. Didn't need to use a synthesis except for that one time where the team needed to take Crota down one more time. I didn't realized I had 4 rockets left, more than enough to bring Crota down, and used a heavy to get 1 measly rocket. I only realized this after watching my video.

Haha the problem is with me, not Ruin Wings. The large majority of my synth usage last week was driving hard to get people Crota kills, and also before I had upgraded Ruin Wings. They definitely can help a ton but sometimes it's "feast or famine." I buy so much synth so I never have to think twice about popping it, even just to make the daily story go faster. GHorn Crota's dumb crystal soul face and be done with it.

Lone Wolf

I just got a universal remote from the Vanguard ROC. Is this thing worth an exotic slot for PVE? Does it upgrade well? I usually rock the GHorn for my exotic.

Top Bottom